All Out War 2: Zeta Project [Looking for someone to take this over]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

All Out War 2: Zeta Project [Looking for someone to take this over]

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:56 pm

This mod is surpassed by All Out War 2.2 viewtopic.php?t=8320
Last edited by Catastrophe on Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: All Out War 2: Zeta Project

Post by madcat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Has Swordgrunt had the new turret sprites? (rifle turret with Strife Stalker's head as a gun, Gun turret with only one chaingun instead of two and Mech turret with Strife Crusader's gun on it)

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:52 pm

You'd better put the link as soon as possible, a big project like that will surely help at finding some bugs with 3.0 alpha.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:41 am

madcat wrote:Has Swordgrunt had the new turret sprites? (rifle turret with Strife Stalker's head as a gun, Gun turret with only one chaingun instead of two and Mech turret with Strife Crusader's gun on it)
I don't remember, either post it here or on the suggestions page.

madcat
Forum Regular

Post by madcat » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 am

Catastrophe wrote:
madcat wrote:Has Swordgrunt had the new turret sprites? (rifle turret with Strife Stalker's head as a gun, Gun turret with only one chaingun instead of two and Mech turret with Strife Crusader's gun on it)
I don't remember, either post it here or on the suggestions page.
Well here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/rozwr6n7fup5a ... .rar?raw=1

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:43 pm

So I'm going to quote a friend of mine on this, but basically he had a suggestion of adding a purpose to the barracks other than it making some classes not available when it gets destroyed. So his suggestion was making some classes unavailable until you research them, something like advanced infantry.

Edit: Decided to edit this post every time I came up with a new suggestion.
- Adding the Blood Revolver to Open Deck
- Lowering the speed of the SMG class Just saw you already nerfed the accuracy of the SMG class
- Buffing the speed of the Shotgun class
- Adding a high-speed refine class
Last edited by Galactus on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madcat
Forum Regular

Post by madcat » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm

I would like to suggest something that one abandoned AOW was thinking about - disabling the armor upgrade if Barracks get destroyed.

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Galactus wrote:Adding the Blood Revolver to Open Deck
No, just increase the chance of getting it from the crate.
Galactus wrote:Buffing the speed of the Shotgun class
I don't really like this idea, though I suspect a 5% - 8% increase in speed might work. I really don't see any issues with the speed of the class now to be honest.
EDIT: Not sure if you know but I just looked at the changelog and the Shotgunner speed was increased from 80% to 90%.
Galactus wrote:Adding a high-speed refine class
Or just use Advanced Harvester.

Arghantyl
New User

Post by Arghantyl » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:53 pm

If aow 2 rebecome a game where mechs can destroy buildings it will be worthy of it.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Arghantyl wrote:If aow 2 rebecome a game where mechs can destroy buildings it will be worthy of it.
i agree fun many

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

jdagenet wrote: No, just increase the chance of getting it from the crate.
Well that's your opinion but I think every powerup should be available through Open Deck.
jdagenet wrote: I don't really like this idea, though I suspect a 5% - 8% increase in speed might work. I really don't see any issues with the speed of the class now to be honest.
EDIT: Not sure if you know but I just looked at the changelog and the Shotgunner speed was increased from 80% to 90%.
Heh, I should really check out the changelog more
jdagenet wrote:Or just use Advanced Harvester.
To be honest the advanced harvester class is still kinda slow, a weak high-speed refining class would be nicer in my opinion.

madcat
Forum Regular

Post by madcat » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm

This might be a crazy idea but still...how about a harvester mech - slow, poorly armed, but able of harvesting 4 crystals instead of just one?

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:48 am

madcat wrote:This might be a crazy idea but still...how about a harvester mech - slow, poorly armed, but able of harvesting 4 crystals instead of just one?
Most Tiberium fields are in small, tight locations that a mech can't reach, not to mention that some maps don't even have a War Factory...

With that regarded though, there is nothing wrong with refining. Advanced Harvester + Enhanced Refining + a few teammates will really rack up the credits in a hurry and isn't that kind of the main idea of AoW? To encourage team work and work together?
What's the point in having a really, really fast harvester class besides getting credits a lot sooner than you should? So you don't actually have to work towards the things you want to buy and use?

Since we're kind of on the topic of credits (and since I can never catch Blue in IRC): I've said this once and I'll say it again, mechs are far to cheap and they have to get a bump in price. I do acknowledge that the price of the Orca was increased which is a good start, but mechs need to be valued more by both their team and the person using it. Teams need to pay the price (literally? figuratively?) when they don't provide support for their mechs, whether that be giving them HP, ammo refills, or just providing infantry support when others can't quite buy mechs for themselves or that they don't feel comfortable handling the responsibility.

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 am

Hey I'm just gonna slide in my opinion here...
jdagenet wrote:
madcat wrote:This might be a crazy idea but still...how about a harvester mech - slow, poorly armed, but able of harvesting 4 crystals instead of just one?
Most Tiberium fields are in small, tight locations that a mech can't reach, not to mention that some maps don't even have a War Factory...

With that regarded though, there is nothing wrong with refining. Advanced Harvester + Enhanced Refining + a few teammates will really rack up the credits in a hurry and isn't that kind of the main idea of AoW? To encourage team work and work together?
What's the point in having a really, really fast harvester class besides getting credits a lot sooner than you should? So you don't actually have to work towards the things you want to buy and use?

Since we're kind of on the topic of credits (and since I can never catch Blue in IRC): I've said this once and I'll say it again, mechs are far to cheap and they have to get a bump in price. I do acknowledge that the price of the Orca was increased which is a good start, but mechs need to be valued more by both their team and the person using it. Teams need to pay the price (literally? figuratively?) when they don't provide support for their mechs, whether that be giving them HP, ammo refills, or just providing infantry support when others can't quite buy mechs for themselves or that they don't feel comfortable handling the responsibility.
See I think the issue here is that in a low-medium density server, having more than one teammate go Tiberium harvester is a real critical blow towards the team's fighting power. Tib harvesters can't defend themselves for shit and having more than one running around getting a measly $75($150 with adv refining but its rare to see that being bought) per person every 30-45 seconds(depending on map layout) is a horrible idea. You're sacrificing your fighting capability for some low levels of cash at a very slow rate. In fact I rarely see people playing Tiberium harvesters in servers in the first place, most people just go as offensive fighting classes and begin to engage with the enemy which i think really shows how insignificant of an impact Tiberium harvester makes and how he's just not a viable class. Of course he can be beneficial under certain circumstances such as when his team has enough attack power and as such they can reserve for one, maybe two of their players to go and grind some extra cash but as of now, I seldom see a reason for Tiberium harvester to be picked in nearly any situation.

That being said, I do agree with the mechs being too cheap. Far too often I see a team just chugging out mechs like a Chinese sweatshop and they definitely should get some increase or price, or even a property similar to the plasma cannon only being able to be bought once every 5 minutes.

Then again, those are just my two cents.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey everyone, I'm looking for someone who wants to take this over. As you know this is the only version of All Out War that works in 3.0 and I got really close to fixing everything. All that's left is to fix team log messages, figure out why distance shots behave strangely and prevent the teleporter from placing people outside of the map. Once that's done it's up to whoever takes it over to take AoW to whatever direction they want. Please contact me if you are interested on IRC; please leave a full message incase I'm afk.

As always, the source code is here if you wanna tinker with it: https://github.com/ttaj/AoW-Zeta
Simply download it, make edits, run the compile-acs.bat, then run zeta-to-pk3 to generate the project so you can run it on Zandro.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Distance shots behaving strangely?

If you're referring to bulletpuffs failing to spawn at extremely far distances, I believe that's some kind of engine limitation that's been around forever. I didn't think any AOW maps actually have that kind of distance because that's insane.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Ænima wrote:Distance shots behaving strangely?

If you're referring to bulletpuffs failing to spawn at extremely far distances, I believe that's some kind of engine limitation that's been around forever. I didn't think any AOW maps actually have that kind of distance because that's insane.
No, I added achievement kills where if you kill someone far away, it will display a message saying "+Long-Shot (1000 units)". (Think of it sort of like Zan-Sprees). That is behaving oddly.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 am

Catastrophe wrote:

No, I added achievement kills where if you kill someone far away, it will display a message saying "+Long-Shot (1000 units)". (Think of it sort of like Zan-Sprees). That is behaving oddly.
Odd. The code in a_sprees looks like it should work. Do the values come out wrong?

ZandroSkins

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Ænima wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:

Odd. The code in a_sprees looks like it should work. Do the values come out wrong?
There's distance kills in a_sprees?

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: All Out War 2: Zeta Project [Looking for someone to take this over]

Post by Ænima » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Yas.

Code: Select all

function void doLongShot(int who, int fdist)
{
	if(fdist>>16 < minLongShotRange) return;
	int msg;
	setactivator(who + 3800);
	int dDist = fdist >> 16;
	acs_executealways(6610, 0, 1, dDist, 0);
}
That's it, right?

ZandroSkins