Any good vanilla-compatible WADs...

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Aqua Kitty
Forum Regular
Location: Dreamland. There's a rebellion going on there and it isn't pretty.
Clan: Organization XIII

Any good vanilla-compatible WADs...

Post by Aqua Kitty » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 pm

... besides Extraterrestrial Grudge and Inferno Uncovered? Title says it, I'll want some good vanilla WADs for my phone to play PrBoom with, and run on Chocolate Doom with my delightfully SNES-esque Saitek P3000 controller configuration, complete with a weapon switch shift key (Courtesy of JoyToKey).

Also I know of a few good Vanilla WADs, particularly Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed series, Requiem, Mars War, and so forth, I'll play through these after I beat Doom II and Final Doom for real, and I'll take anything you can throw at me.
Last edited by Aqua Kitty on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DooMMakU - Bullet Hell Doom
<BlakJacket> Reisen: so basically you're Uwe Boll
"The smart kids know there isn't really a line between fact and fantasy" -Ranger
Spoiler: Names I may go by ingame (Open)
Aqua Kitty
Reisen Udongein Inaba
James Frost
Cirno
Cirnobog
Cyclo-F
ARX/NG 891

Net status: Finally have a better internet plan - alive and kicking!

RE: Any good vanilla-compatible WADs...

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Not sure but,

kamasutra. Multiplayer ask for gothicdm (not all maps are good, but they are good anyways).

Zupoman
Forum Regular

Post by Zupoman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Notice that vanilla-compatible and PrBoom-compatible are two different things. PrBoom can also run Boom format maps.

And there's a really huge amount of PrBoom-compatible. I will list some, and I'm not sure what map format they are.

Zones of Fear - Megawad with various maps, some of them are epic, some a bit worse.
Scythe 1, 2 - I didn't played it much, but they're megawads, so I list it there.
Community Chest 1, 2, 3 - Played only first one, didn't liked it at all, but some people may like it.
Congestion 1024 - Pretty darn good maps. Loved it.
Speed of Doom - Superior maps.
This signature is empty and useless, I would write another useless idiotism here but people will call me a noob for that, so sorry, no more signatures for you. Go somewhere else.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:50 pm

The Brotherhood of Ruin is in my opinion one of the greatest wads. I'm pretty sure it's vannila compatible (could be wrong) but yeah, any of Kristian Aro's maps are great.[/align]

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Do you have Ultimate Doom on there as well? If so, Base Ganymede is an excellent choice. There's also DTWID.

For Doom 2, a good megaWAD would be any of these:

helinhel A decent megawad that seems to have fallen by the wayside.
Cleimos 2 Really good oldschool megawad, ends at the level "Release me", so you can stop playing when you beat that.
Doom Core Starts out easy, but has some really good maps, and I enjoyed it all the way through.
Reviere This is also pretty good, but you might get lost in Tech Towers. The only really bad thing is the horrible intermission texts, heh.
Memento Mori A classic among classics. If you haven't played this, play it first.
Memento Mori 2 If you haven't played this, play it second :P I liked it better than the first.
Revolution! Really good, very Doom 2-ish. Easy but not boring.
Requiem Haven't played in forever, but I remember it being good.
Last edited by Marcaek on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.