Community Co-Op Megawad?

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
wii_man
New User

Community Co-Op Megawad?

Post by wii_man » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Zandoronum Co-Op Megawad

Hey Everyone, I was wondering if there was any interest in putting together a community made co-op megawad. I think it would be a lot of fun and I would love to do something in the community again. EDIT: I understand that this does not have either a video or download link as per Metal's Guideline post. I'm just not sure where WIP stuff should go.

Would this be something that people would want to do? I can get everything organized but wanted to Check on the forum if anyone else would want in on something like this. I've added a list below to track people who want to contribute, if you want to join, please post in the thread here, maximum 2 maps per person. I am open to feedback if anyone is interested.

Current Ideas:
  • *Map01-32, levels don't need to have tied themes, this includes 2 secret levels.
    *No new weapons or enemies, so it can be compatible with Brutal Doom and other mods.
    *boom compatable in doombuilder2
    *Customer textures are ok, no joke textures.
Maps - Creator name
I will update this list as people apply.
[spoiler]MAP01 - wii_man
MAP02 -
MAP03 -
MAP04 -
MAP05 -
MAP06 -
MAP07 -
MAP08 -
MAP09 -
MAP10 - wii_man
MAP11 -
MAP12 -
MAP13 -
MAP14 -
MAP15 -
MAP16 -
MAP17 -
MAP18 -
MAP19 -
MAP20 -
MAP21 -
MAP22 -
MAP23 -
MAP24 -
MAP25 -
MAP26 -
MAP27 -
MAP28 -
MAP29 -
MAP30 -
MAP31 -
MAP32 -[/spoiler]

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Re: Community Co-Op Megawad?

Post by mifu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Well i be dammed. this is a name i have not seen in ages. Welcome back!

As this thread lacks screenshots though there is an project ideas thread that this could of been posted in. If you got any works you done for this so far though feel free to screenshot and post.

wii_man
New User

Post by wii_man » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:01 am

mifu wrote:Well i be dammed. this is a name i have not seen in ages. Welcome back!

As this thread lacks screenshots though there is an project ideas thread that this could of been posted in. If you got any works you done for this so far though feel free to screenshot and post.
I'm around. Kinda. Sometimes.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:16 am

I owe you for your SST and Mercenaries maps so I guess you can put me down for any slot, just don't expect kush quality.

Welcome back, by the way! We missed you.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

wii_man
New User

Post by wii_man » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:31 am

Ænima wrote:I owe you for your SST and Mercenaries maps so I guess you can put me down for any slot, just don't expect kush quality.

Welcome back, by the way! We missed you.
Hey man, I don't even remember the maps that I made, are they still even in there? I've lost my old WAD folder from my previous PC.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:01 pm

@wii_man, If this project is for Zandronum, why limit the mappers to the Boom format?

@mifu, How can somebody get a community project started if he can't make a thread for it?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

wii_man
New User

Post by wii_man » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Empyre wrote:@wii_man, If this project is for Zandronum, why limit the mappers to the Boom format?

@mifu, How can somebody get a community project started if he can't make a thread for it?
The project would be less so "For Zandronum" as much as being by "Zandronum's community". Hopefully I'll have some screenshots up within the next week and make this into a proper thread following the guidelines.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:38 pm

It's no different than any other project then. In fact, it will be equally boring. Another boom compatible project. There aren't that many projects that actually use Zdoom features and is possible to play online. Why not go for that? Zandronum needs more of those and less of the boom compatible stuff.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Someone64
Registered just to make one post

Post by Someone64 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:07 pm

I think it would be interesting if it set itself apart by requiring co-op play through puzzles and stuff that really require more than one person to finish.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Ivan wrote:It's no different than any other project then. In fact, it will be equally boring. Another boom compatible project. There aren't that many projects that actually use Zdoom features and is possible to play online. Why not go for that? Zandronum needs more of those and less of the boom compatible stuff.
Boom-Compat is so overdone, yet that's what the majority want. :neutral:

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Ivan wrote:It's no different than any other project then. In fact, it will be equally boring. Another boom compatible project. There aren't that many projects that actually use Zdoom features and is possible to play online. Why not go for that? Zandronum needs more of those and less of the boom compatible stuff.
Boom-Compat is so overdone, yet that's what the majority want. :neutral:
I thought that majority thing was settled in that community discussion thing. Who cares about the "majority" (which is basically doomworld). Just make something that will benefit this port more.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Count me in for at least one map - any slot, but it won't be anything too big. Also, you might want to fix that typo in the title there: "Zandoronum".