[FINAL] Samsara Deathmatch Patch v1.07

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Manhs

[FINAL] Samsara Deathmatch Patch v1.07

Post by Manhs » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:47 pm

For people who like the Samsara ExtraHeroes mod and deathmatch, here is a patch to balance the mod !
I made it especially for deathmatch/duel.
There could be some other fix to do or other balance, if there is a problem about a balance, say it in the topic ! We can try to make it better !

EDIT: After working with the team, there was a break with the samsara dm patch, but we noticed people still complained about Caleb power, he was still powerful but the big problem was the Alternative fire of the flaregun and the tommygun and i have modified some other class..

Anyway, here are the new changes :

samsaraexdm_patchv1.06 :

Caleb:
Flaregun : ALT nerfed a LOT, need 2 or 3 shot to kill with the explosion (when it's 1 flare who explode on the opponent) (it was the most used in dm, like a bazooka).
Tommygun: ALT very nerfed ! Even if it shot on the side, the damage was huge, now, it seems more balanced without breaking the fact the alt can kill faster than the normal fire.
Napalmlauncher: nerfed a little bit, because the speed of the fireballs is really fast (to keep it canon

Blake Stone:
Shotgun: A little bit buffed (not so effective in dm, especially with noautoaim).

Parias (hexen):
Timon Axe: nerfed to kill in 2 shot, people complaind about the fact we need to rush everywhere and hit with the axe who kill in 1 shot because the range is good (i wasn't sure to nerf it since with a few people, axe could be not so used, i guess).

Jon (Exhumed): Machinegun buffed, it was strong but the bullet are not so accurate, so it's hard to hit, now it works better in middle range, and you can kill quickly in close range.

version 1.07:
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... hv1.07.pk3

If you have advices about the balance or if you think something should be buffed or nerfed, tell me.
Usually, i try to keep it canon but if some physics give too much disadvantage, i change it, like the Cobra Staff of Exhumed Jon, the radius of the explosion of Cobra Staff was too low, you have a lot of ammo but it's hard to it even if the damage is big (kill in 1 shot), so i have buffed the radius (shoot on the feet! it works well)
I don't know if i should buff the homing of Jon's Cobra Staff, but it seems good as it is.

Anyway, i think everything should be good now but if you want help with comments and advices, it's here or on the servers ^^

To Show to people the gameplay of Samara extraheroes with deathmatch mode (better to play with no more than 20 people i think).

https://youtu.be/N3FYAD-X3F4

EDIT 1.07:
Caleb Flaregun and Tommygun ALT nerfed, napalmlauncher nerfed again.
Last edited by Manhs on Sun May 07, 2017 3:16 am, edited 10 times in total.

Manhs

[FINAL] Re: Samsara Deathmatch Patch v1.06 (caleb nerfed!)

Post by Manhs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 pm

BUMP ! Big update.
Because people complained about some op class who ruined still the game (Caleb especially, the axe of Parias), Description in the first post.
Jon was still a bit weak.

Here is the server:
[TSPG] Painkiller: Samsara Ex - Deathmatch patch - v1.06 - No Autoaim
149.56.242.162:10709

Enjoy !

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:21 pm

HEY

did u deal with all the op homing shit like gondorval's homing ssg axe and that one classes' homing instantkill sphere mines? game ruining power right there. Samsara by itself has parias's stupidly powerful wraithverge bfg that does a good job of ruining games, if u fix that I will like you. also gordon freeman is a joke class (has to reload before it can shoot anything, really). Before we discovered the homing rape, I liked to use the corridor 9 guy to rape some pussy with his pumped up hitscan (wolf3d take notes)

Manhs

Post by Manhs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Yeah, i have nerfed grondoval, everything for the most, some things could need some other nerf maybe, i have tested it online but more with the bots.... i have released the first versions of the patch but i didnt post here so i don't know what people think about the v1.05...
Some people told me in discord/skype and on the servers that some class like Caleb were still op (the flare gun alt was very brutal for a slot 2).

Also, the best is to play it without autoaim because some weapons like the SSG of doomguy could kill people too easily (i have made basically for no-autoaim)
in case if people want host it, the command is:
sv_noautoaim true

You can check it, we have nerfed some 7th weapons too, like the one of Caleb, Parias (slower ghosts, less damage), Eleena (nerfed the bounces of the energy ball, ammo, and damage), buffed Jon who was very very weak, his 6th weapon didnt work well in dm, but you still need a little time to charge the attack but it's easier to do it now, the flamethrower can be very good with a lot of people in a small room), Strifeguy Grenadelauncher with napalm is removed (it was spammed, too much damage and blind the screen if too much people use it), Lo Wang homing missile was able to 1shot you with a direct op homing so it was removed too (only 2 removes), Kyle Katarn slot 6 was nerfed a lot too, ect......

It can depend of the maps too, small maps, large maps, limited amount of weapons slots, amount of players....but if you feel something break the game, post here ^^
Grondoval 3x axes weapon (homing) can be dodge by strafing but can be very effective on people who dont have so much skill but it depends again, if it's still op with 5 people, i will nerf it again a little.

(sorry for my english, im french)