F5HQ

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Twister
Under Moderation

F5HQ

Post by Twister » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 pm

I posted this on the ST forums some time before it died, and since I moved, I never actually got to see any responses. Now, this is an old link, and I have updated the HQ quite a bit since then, but I would still like to hear what you guys think of this one. It can be found HERE

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: F5HQ

Post by Disguise » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Screenshots please.

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:56 pm

OH GOD I'M SO CONFUSED

I like the detail and music, plus the sprites and weapons are cool, but I got lost in under half a minute and to be honest it's a bit messy, but if you re-arrange things a little and space things out it has the potential to look like a great HQ :)

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Devon wrote: OH GOD I'M SO CONFUSED

I like the detail and music, plus the sprites and weapons are cool, but I got lost in under half a minute and to be honest it's a bit messy, but if you re-arrange things a little and space things out it has the potential to look like a great HQ :)
Yes, it can get very confusing, even with the auto-map. But to be honest, there is only 1 place I can think of where the map would not help.

Also, the HQ uses an old freedoom map as a base of construction, more details in the WAD itself about it.

And again, this is a kinda old version of the HQ, I converted it into my custom STUD "SkullTag Universal Doom" Map format since then.

Qent

Post by Qent » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Let's see.... On the old thread I said something along the lines of "I like it; cool 3-D floors, but I would personally make the water darker."

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:27 pm

I made all the water at full brightness to make it FEEL like actual water. while at the same time retaining full visualization of the entire water area. I can add subtractive dynamic lighting at the depths of the water, and maybe darken it a little. but I wanted to make it appear as much as fresh cool water as I could. I was not trying to be too realistic, I just wanted what I thought looked nice. But I will take the brightness into consideration.

Edited Brightness levels of water, actually looks a bit better.
As well as for the waste tunnels..., oh wait, that was not added in that release yet.

I'll post a link soon
Last edited by Twister on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm

I made a few changes to the map, some of which are rather significant. This is the latest (as of me posting this message) release of the F5HQ. For starters, I converted the map from Doom in Hexen to UDMF, which allotted a few sector tags. These sector tags were reserved for commands made obsolete by the implementation of UDMF, such as ceiling brightness or floor panning. As well, I was able to remove those COLORSETTER and FADESETTER actors.

I didn't forget about those tags either. I used these leftover tags for the disco room (Come on, I had to have a disco room). I made the script for the disco room unique too, a simple random color and fade effect. But something other people could learn from and/or utilize in their own ACS.

It can be found HERE

Srry bout the double post, I was actually waiting all day for someone to post after me, but couldn't wait any longer!
Last edited by Twister on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

Post by Qent » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 am

Oh man, 8 FPS! :razz:

Also, Soulspheres and other Doom 2 spheres will be subject to gravity, so you'll have to fuss with them if you want them to float.

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 am

Looks like Imma have to inherit from the actors and use the -gravity flag or whatever it is.

while I'm at it, I might as well modify the megasphere to give only basic armor, cause I plan to have the 3 armor types resistant to specific types of damage... I recall the red is already resistant to explosive
Last edited by Twister on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am

No doubt, you did big job on this. I like the way you used sectorfade and 3dfloors. Those clouds look interesting. Visually it looks more pleasant than SMHQ. However i really dislike that maze part. Gameplay is not so fun and it loses to all hq wads i've seen so far. You might want to add more interactivity to you HQ.
Last edited by Zeberpal on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

WOW, looks better than SMHQ? Damn, that is one hell of a compliment... As for interactivity, I will definitely take that into consideration. For starters, I was already planning on adding a strife dialogue system. You may also have noticed that some of the switches do not work. This is because I have not planned a function for them yet. Either way, I will plan on adding more interactivity.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri May 11, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:48 pm

twister will ge them up dont worry i have him on skype ill pester him untill he does

Twister
Under Moderation

Post by Twister » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Here is all the screen shots, just click HERE

Some are better than others, but I tried to capture as much of the HQ as I could.
Last edited by Twister on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smart Cheese Technology