[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:47 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:Finally finished Hell Revealed 2 with LCA last night.

Managed to get a True Legendary Cyberdemon to spawn on Map 29: Hell's Cauldron, and got to see most (all?) of his attacks from up on a cliff. I was really impressed with the amount of effort put into an enemy that spawns so rarely, pretty damn epic. Ended up saving and trying to fight him a few separate times to see just how good I was (spoiler: I got killed way more times than I killed him). Even with spread, rage, 500/500 life, and the D-BFG, he pretty much popped me in a split second every time.
Say what you want about LCA, but that's the type of challenge that keeps me playing Doom. Looking forward to playing through again whenever there's a new update.

Sidenote: Damn this forum is srs bidness
Thanks man :biggrin: It took sooo long to get him finished. He might be stronger than the Leg Card but if he is then that wasn't intentional. I'm glad you're enjoying the mod, the new version should be finished soon.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:Finally finished Hell Revealed 2 with LCA last night.

Managed to get a True Legendary Cyberdemon to spawn on Map 29: Hell's Cauldron, and got to see most (all?) of his attacks from up on a cliff. I was really impressed with the amount of effort put into an enemy that spawns so rarely, pretty damn epic. Ended up saving and trying to fight him a few separate times to see just how good I was (spoiler: I got killed way more times than I killed him). Even with spread, rage, 500/500 life, and the D-BFG, he pretty much popped me in a split second every time.
Say what you want about LCA, but that's the type of challenge that keeps me playing Doom. Looking forward to playing through again whenever there's a new update.

Sidenote: Damn this forum is srs bidness
I have the same reason!

Also now try playing it with Valiant!

Awesome!

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:55 pm

mifu wrote:Holy shit this is gone way out of hand.

I am about to perform clean up procedure 69 and cut the crap out of this thread, because apparently LCA is serious business. I also read that "Wads should be banned" Just fyi no one gets to decide who bans wads unless server admins dont want them (or unless they are quite bad in the level moonman.wad is)

Also Legendary, you and I need to talk about not only your double posting but the fact that you ignored not only your fellow community members but an Admin. Please PM me or hit me up on irc when you can (or I'll PM you after i get of my shift, its fine)

and Dynamo, I know your trying to get a point across but..... did you really need to do that?

Cleanup complete. Dont start this again otherwise ... well.. your gonna have a bad time
thanks MIfu for the cleanup ihate it when getting too many posts from my email. wish i could unsub this thread but nah.

PkmX
New User

Post by PkmX » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:19 am

Can we make LCA's (and also those from Complex) hitscan bullets go through other players by default? I think it is clear that people are always complaining about pushing on servers and it adds nothing other than causing drama and griefing. Maybe add a CVar to toggle THRUSPECIES so admins can enable it if they really want that.

(Yes, I know there are patches, but I'm not a fan of all those hacky solutions that have to copy-paste everything to change A_FireBullet which will also likely break with every new release.)

Zapzop
New User

Post by Zapzop » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Don't know if this would be good, but what about gun enemies shooting tracers instead of hitscan?

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 pm

PkmX wrote:Can we make LCA's (and also those from Complex) hitscan bullets go through other players by default? I think it is clear that people are always complaining about pushing on servers and it adds nothing other than causing drama and griefing. Maybe add a CVar to toggle THRUSPECIES so admins can enable it if they really want that.
There's a couple things you need to note:
1. Hitscans can't go through players - that's an engine limitation, as +MTHRUSPECIES can't be put on bullet puffs in the current Zandronum. 3.0 will fix that, though (I think)! The only mod that gets around this is Samsara, and it uses fake bullets which people hate (I'll put it this way: Having enemies shoot through decoration with the player unable to do so is bad (and if you're wondering, Samsara got around this by...making the enemies shoot fake bullets too)). And hitscans aren't generally the biggest issue with pushing, which leads us to:

2. The bigger issue with pushing is explosions - and there is no fix, AT ALL, that I know of. Even Samsara couldn't get around this.

3. BFG Spray can't be fixed either - again, engine limitation, there's no properties you can modify on BFGSpray to prevent it.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:05 am

You can create pass-through hitscans by using projectiles (FastProjectile) with ACS. Qent (and others) pulled this off, in coopbullets_rc4.pk3 (source code is inside).

BFG Spray can be fixed by setting sv_smartaim 2 on your server.

For Fist puffs, Chainsaw puffs, weapons, explosions, you could do: DamageType "Player" and then do DamageFactor "Player", 0.0 on the DoomPlayer actor.

You can also add +NODAMAGETHRUST

I used all these techniques (above) in arkcore-1e.pk3. In arkcore-1e.pk3, all doom2 weapons do no pushing. (Fist, Chainsaw, Pistol, etc., BFG9000)

As someone said earlier, it's still not real hitscans, but close enough.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 pm

Does that break rocket jumping?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Empyre wrote:Does that break rocket jumping?
Yes.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:15 am

arkore wrote:
Yes.
Your method also breaks taking self-damage of any sort.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:17 am

Untitled wrote:
arkore wrote:
Yes.
Your method also breaks taking self-damage of any sort.
You don't get best of all worlds in here sadly. I wish doom offered some way of accessing the moment of receiving damage before the damage is processed, that'd help filter problems. For example you could compare damaging actor vs yourself, and go from there etc. But, yeah...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Moti
Forum Regular

Post by Moti » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Hey, I noticed LCA doesn't work on the latest build of GZDoom. (Had an earlier GZD build and it worked just fine).
Gives me a bunch of DECORATE errors.
Any chance you could look into it?

Thanks!

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:42 pm

Moti wrote:Hey, I noticed LCA doesn't work on the latest build of GZDoom. (Had an earlier GZD build and it worked just fine).
Gives me a bunch of DECORATE errors.
Any chance you could look into it?

Thanks!
Sure man I'll take a look into it in a little bit, thanks.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi, the new LCA version is finally here! This update brings 3 new monsters. One is the Legendary Tormentor, the second is the Legendary Soul, and the last one is the Rictus Incarnate. 1 Pain Elemental, 1 Lost Soul, and 1 Baron of Hell type monsters. The rest is just new effects and fixes. Remember, you must load complex doom first before loading lca. I'll add screenshots later, don't have anything on this pc to currently take them with. Update logs and everything else will be below.

Load Order
- The files must be loaded in this order, any level wad must be placed above Complex Doom for minimal errors:
. complex-doom.v26a2.pk3
. lca-v1.5.8.pk3

Code: Select all

==============================
Updates

v1.5.8
Changed sprites and sounds for the Legendary Fiend.
Gave 35% D-BFG resist to all Legendary Monsters.
Made it so TLC only teleports when the player isn't in LoS while firing.
Made the Legendary Bosses dodge D-BFG projectiles.
Fixed the bug where Leg Demon Rune still played its idle sound after pickup.
Added special effects to the Legendary Rune.
Gave 40% D-BFG resist to the True Legendary Cardinal.
Gave 35% D-BFG resist to the Legendary Cardinal, Cyberdemon, Sentient, and Annihilator.
Gave spash damage to the Legendary Nukes.
Buffed the True Legendary Cyberdemon's overall resistance and increased a few rare attack chances.
Increased True Legendary Cyb's spawnrate to 52/256 from 48/256.  (Slightly over 20%.)
Added leap/stomp ability to True Legendary Cyberdemon.
Improved Legendary Fiend sprites and sounds.
Added breath effects to Legendary Fiend's Ripperr charge+attack.
Added Legendary Bullets to the Leg Ultrasphere.
Fixed a bug with the Explosive Minigun.
Buffed the Legendary Cyber's Leg ASG attack.
Lowered the chance of the protection state to all Legendary Zombies.
Removed the advanced movement from the Shotgun Commando.
Lowered the speed of the Legendary Rifle Projectiles and increased the Damage to 50 (Same damage as the first lca version).
Improved Legendary Sentient & Legendary Behemoth.
Buffed the protection of Legendary Zombies, they can now move when being invinsible.
Buffed Storm Bolt for Legenday Redeemer and Sentient.
Fixed Dodge State bug in Legendary Commando.
Nerfed the Legendary Baby Sentient(lowered damages, limited drones and some attacks).
Improved sound levels for some Legendary effects, and monster actions for Legendary Cyber Noble, and Legendary Revenant.
Slightly increased the visibility of the Legendary Stealth Trooper in phase mode.
Added a new monster to the Lost Soul Spawner, the Legendary Soul(he won't spawn at Lost Soul spawners but from Legendary Tormentor or Legendary Zombies).
Added a new monster to the Pain Elemental Spawner, the Legendary Tormentor.
Made it so the Cardihilator drops a Devastator instead of a DTBFG.
Nerfed the Cardihilator.
Added a new monster to the Baron of Hell category, the Rictus Incarnate.
Added green lighting effects while the BFG10K General is shooting.
Changed the sounds for the Devastator Zombie.
Recolored the Devastator Zombie to match the weapon sprite more.
Added GLDEFS to the Behemoth Cannon's primary fire.
Added weapon idle sounds to the Eraser and Devastator Zombie while not moving.
Added a circle around the blue star for the Leg Cyb and True Leg Cyb.
Buffed the Legendary Devastation attack of the True Leg Cyb.
Made it so the Eraser Zombie and Devastator Zombie doesn't go into their pain state while shooting.
Added a stomp attack to the Legendary Annihilator.
Made it so the Devastator Zombie doesn't go into his pain state while charging up his BFG shot.
Changed the Legendary Commando's obituary.
Removed the Legendary resist from the Cerebral Cardinal.
Fixed the brightness on the Freezer Behemoth.
Added more blue ghost sprites to the special attacks of the True Leg Cyb.
Removed the rest of the purple smoke from the Phase Overlord.
Removed the PLAYPAL and COLORMAP.lmp from the LCA pk3.
Buffed Legendary Redeemer's attacks.
Added better Hexa Zombie and Marine player sprites.
Added a pain state to the Legendary Annihilator along with a few pain attacks and heals.
Buffed the Legendary AK-47's damage.
Added full resistence to player for PlayerDevBall2, and PlayerDevTracer.
Added full resistence to player for PDTBFG, and PDTBFGTracer.
Added full resistence to player for LegendaryPlayer, and LegendaryGuruPlayer.
Added new damagetype LegendaryGuru for Leg BFG ball.
Added new damagetype PlayerExplosive, to explosive minigun.
Improved style of Leg death explosions. (and changed PainfulBlueKaboom to PainfulDeathKaboom)
Changed TLC's death explosions to do damage, same as other Leg death explosions.
Added flare effects to Leg death explosions.
Added new feature to prevent timefreeze activation during a timefreeze event.
Updated demo map, making demo monsters respawn 15sec after death.

DooMAGE

Post by DooMAGE » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:02 am

Is this for real? lol

You just make the D-BFG useless, and buffed already overpowered bosses even more strong (and now we have less firepower) it's like you are aiming to make the unbalance even more worse.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:08 am

DooMAGE wrote:Is this for real? lol

You just make the D-BFG useless, and buffed already overpowered bosses even more strong (and now we have less firepower) it's like you are aiming to make the unbalance even more worse.
so, 1shot everyshit on the map with d-bfg is balanced? HAHAHSHDKASJAHSSKHJAHJAHSHJSHAHAHSSHAHAHHSHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol:

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:13 am

No, the Leg Anni was unfinished to begin with. He didn't have a pain state so I added one along with a pain attack and heal just like the cyber. I clearly nerfed the Cardihilator which was a boss and the D-BFG was way too op to begin with. It kills everything in seconds including bosses. You're acting like I added 50-75% resist all I added was 35-40%.

DooMAGE

Post by DooMAGE » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:13 am

Skeleton wrote:

so, 1shot everyshit on the map with d-bfg is balanced? HAHAHSHDKASJAHSSKHJAHJAHSHJSHAHAHSSHAHAHHSHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol:
So we you are telling me that to fix this "issue" we just have to unbalance even more the weapon set? Let's be constructive here.

@Legendary
Thank you for the proper answer

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:37 am

Sorry but that was funny, a weak boss that drop the most op weapon, take for example my version of the pyro cannon, it can kill quickly all bosses (less rm bosses) yeah yeah but the cost to use it is high asf and is a drop from one of the most harder monsters.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Legendary wrote:Hi, the new LCA version is finally here! This update brings 3 new monsters. One is the Legendary Tormentor, the second is the Legendary Soul, and the last one is the Rictus Incarnate. 1 Pain Elemental, 1 Lost Soul, and 1 Baron of Hell type monsters. The rest is just new effects and fixes. Remember, you must load complex doom first before loading lca. I'll add screenshots later, don't have anything on this pc to currently take them with. Update logs and everything else will be below.
Oh my, that's a whole bunch of new stuff you've got there! I'm going to have fun checking out all that fresh content, haha. I may not have been online in servers at all in quite a long time, but I'm hoping to join you guys again sometime soon. You can bet I'm going to give this a good mention in my next gameplay video :biggrin:

In regards to your reply from a while back that I didn't see until now, I'm honoured to be one of those people that make it worth your while. I'll continue to support your work, for sure!

"Yellow like simpson" never forget