[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
fiorello1

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by fiorello1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:42 pm

There is no way to dodge the giant blue ball from the true leg cyber
FIRE AURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:48 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:Legendary, there's a small bug, or should I say inconsistency. All shotgun zombies's attacks have 1/2 pellets compared to the player's weapons, but hexa zombie shoots as many as the player's hexa. In other words, hexa zombies are twice as powerful they should be. You might want to fix this.
I've been telling people this ocassionally for a long time, and totally forgot to address the issue here. I once tested the full power of the gun I love so much, and I found the player's hexa does about 800+ damage maximum, while the zombie's hexa can actually go over 1000. If you purposefully catch the entire blast at point blank range, you can die with full 500 health and legendary armour. This absolutely needs to be fixed. Please settle my love-hate relationship for the weapon and the monster using it once and for all.

Also the Sand Spirit's tornado attack follows you for like a mile before disappearing and goes on for way too long, please nerf that.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:17 pm

That's because monster hitscan attack function automatically multiplies damage by random(1,3) unless disabled by a flag (which isn't ever used in CD/LCA), so yeah, hexa zombie can do up to three times more damage than player's hexa.
Also, regular shotgun zombie uses the same spread as vanilla sergeant (±22.5 degrees) while double/quad/hexa gunners have much tighter custom spread, which makes no sense when player's SG is much more accurate than SSG.
So all things combined, Hexa gunner is way stronger than he should ever be allowed to be.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:44 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote: I've been telling people this ocassionally for a long time, and totally forgot to address the issue here. I once tested the full power of the gun I love so much, and I found the player's hexa does about 800+ damage maximum, while the zombie's hexa can actually go over 1000. If you purposefully catch the entire blast at point blank range, you can die with full 500 health and legendary armour. This absolutely needs to be fixed. Please settle my love-hate relationship for the weapon and the monster using it once and for all.

Also the Sand Spirit's tornado attack follows you for like a mile before disappearing and goes on for way too long, please nerf that.
I fixed it already, his drops were also lowered to compensate for this nerf. As for the Sand Spirit, to dodge his tornado all you need to do is close a door on it and it'll go away within seconds. It has a bounce count of 2 so after it hits a wall or door twice it'll go away.
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:That's because monster hitscan attack function automatically multiplies damage by random(1,3) unless disabled by a flag (which isn't ever used in CD/LCA), so yeah, hexa zombie can do up to three times more damage than player's hexa.
Also, regular shotgun zombie uses the same spread as vanilla sergeant (±22.5 degrees) while double/quad/hexa gunners have much tighter custom spread, which makes no sense when player's SG is much more accurate than SSG.
So all things combined, Hexa gunner is way stronger than he should ever be allowed to be.
I based the Hexa-Shotgun Zombie off of the Quad Shotgun Zombie. You'd have to ask Daedalus why he gave the other two zombies a tighter custom spread.

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Yes, because in all spaces where there is a hellknight there is a door. That's how I used to deal with hellknights in Doom2 all the time.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am

Legendary wrote:I fixed it already, his drops were also lowered to compensate for this nerf. As for the Sand Spirit, to dodge his tornado all you need to do is close a door on it and it'll go away within seconds. It has a bounce count of 2 so after it hits a wall or door twice it'll go away.
Well what if your fighting a Sand Spirit in the open where there are no doors nearby and the tornado is always faster then you?
You can just nerf the damage and that will fix the issue~

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Legendary wrote:I fixed it already, his drops were also lowered to compensate for this nerf.
Ah, wonderful. And while we're on the topic, could you perhaps look into that whole click issue with reloading the gun? I know it's really trivial, but it makes all the difference when you're blasting monsters away in a panic. The extra time wasted by having the gun click as if it's empty when it's not, can be crucial.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 am

Now I hope for the next version, the True Leg Cyber's railgun shoot out speed gets reduce greatly because the railgun shoot out is too much. Also, for the Cerebral Cardinal, can you please have him shoot out the Devastator projectile not only from his cannon arm but also from the botton cannon as it's quite very fitting for the Devastator projectile to be shoot out from that cannon? Perhaps you can also add in the part of the Cerebral Cardinal where he can once in a while shoots the Devastator projectile from both of his cannons at the same time.

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am

Legewndary: bug with the leg sent: stays invisible it froze not looking at anyone and not shooting anything we tried shotting at it, no use.

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 am

You meant to say invincible. Also, that is a very old bug, and it really should be fixed, as it tends to crash the server after a short while.

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am

Well it does the same old bug in lca latest.

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:22 pm

That's because "latest" LCA is months old (and pretty dead too, cmon Lazyndary with dat update).

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:24 pm

doomjoshuaboy wrote:Legewndary: bug with the leg sent: stays invisible it froze not looking at anyone and not shooting anything we tried shotting at it, no use.
Now are you using JUST LCA or are you using other addons too? I'm 90% sure that bug isn't from LCA but some other addon where the person incorrectly copy and pasted the code. Try using JUST LCA and tell me if you see the bug still.
Killer2 wrote:That's because "latest" LCA is months old (and pretty dead too, cmon Lazyndary with dat update).
LCA is nowhere near dead, the servers just had 15+ people for the past few days. I'm not the cause of this update taking so long to release. Zheg was supposed to send me some player sprites weeks ago and I'm still waiting on him. He's been on the forums a few times and still hasn't told me anything. I sent him multiple messages both here and through email and I still have yet to hear anything from him even though he said he'd have the sprites done approximately 3 weeks ago now.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Legendary wrote:Zheg was supposed to send me some player sprites weeks ago and I'm still waiting on him. He's been on the forums a few times and still hasn't told me anything. I sent him multiple messages both here and through email and I still have yet to hear anything from him even though he said he'd have the sprites done approximately 3 weeks ago now.
Damn it, Zheg! Hurry up and sort this out, we're all waiting for you! I was meant to have my next WAD gameplay series throughout this month, but I waited for the new LCA to drop first. Our boy Zheg is also holding up this guinea pig's schedule of entertainment!

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:Damn it, Zheg! Hurry up and sort this out, we're all waiting for you! I was meant to have my next WAD gameplay series throughout this month, but I waited for the new LCA to drop first. Our boy Zheg is also holding up this guinea pig's schedule of entertainment!
Lol, he's probably just been busy. I know he has a wife and a stable job now which is most likely taking up his free time and I completely understand that. He could at least give me a heads up though or something so people aren't just sitting here waiting, including me. A simple email or pm would have been way better so we could at least have an eta. I'm not mad at him or anything it's just that when you say something will be done by a specific day I expect it to be done.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Now for the next version I do have another thing to say: Can you please have the Cardihilator shoot one nuke missile instead of two? Two seems too overpowered.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 am

Blast88 wrote:Now for the next version I do have another thing to say: Can you please have the Cardihilator shoot one nuke missile instead of two? Two seems too overpowered.
But that wouldn't make any sense, his firing animation shows him shooting from both arms at once. Plus he gives you plenty of time to run and hide before he shoots. Gonna have to say no on that one. The chance of him using that attack is literally 1/256.

eric87051
New User

Post by eric87051 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am

Sometimes Legs will stuck in low ceiling or tiny doorway since their size are bigger then then regular one, make them easy to kill, is it possible make them look bigger only in appearance?

IMO, some special ammo like demo plasma and Leg type ammo shouldn't earn that much by backpack or ammo satchel, it can limit player use those weapon in very specific situation instead spam them, even with backpack respawn setting or pistol run.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:02 pm

eric87051 wrote:Sometimes Legs will stuck in low ceiling or tiny doorway since their size are bigger then then regular one, make them easy to kill, is it possible make them look bigger only in appearance?

IMO, some special ammo like demo plasma and Leg type ammo shouldn't earn that much by backpack or ammo satchel, it can limit player use those weapon in very specific situation instead spam them, even with backpack respawn setting or pistol run.
They're like that because I like for them to have good hit detection. I changed that for some of the boss Legs though since they used to get stuck more often. It is possible though. As for the ammo, that has already been corrected a couple of weeks ago for 1.5.9. The ammo satchels were outdated from an older complex version so I changed them to the ones from v26a2 which give less of pretty much all ammo types. The Leg Ammo amount was also reduced from both backpacks and the satchels also. The monster spawners were also outdated which I also updated to v26a2.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:45 pm

I know the animation Cardihilator shows him firing from two and that the chance is 1/256 for him to shoot nukes as I've seen both of them happened. Anyways, I understand why you won't have him shoot one nuke instead of two. Also, in the third page of this thread, I notice the last picture of one of your comments shows the Legendary Annihilator with blue wings and some other things added. What is the name of that monster and will he be added?