[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Tue May 31, 2016 3:32 am

Lol, I am keeping the kamikaze attack just removing the invincibility while it's in that state. For the leg zombie another state has been added, more of a defense/healing type state though similar to the phase where the imp charges for its super attack, but only it heals a portion of its health back also.

Virtue

Post by Virtue » Tue May 31, 2016 6:38 pm

oh and btw theres a bug while playing Co-op (not survival), if you get a legendary rune and die the game still thinks you have it but you have none of the effects and cant pick up another one, one for the bugfix next release?

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Legendary wrote:Lol, I am keeping the kamikaze attack just removing the invincibility while it's in that state. For the leg zombie another state has been added, more of a defense/healing type state though similar to the phase where the imp charges for its super attack, but only it heals a portion of its health back also.
Legendary do not remove the invincibility just because of someone complaining.

I've already nerfed the Redeemer, I'm the one who coded it, the idea is simple when he turns into kamikaze he is of course invinsible but he will die in a short time because he is now a timed bomb, the delay before dying is of course too long in the version 1.5.5, but I already fixed it.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:27 pm

fr blood wrote:
Legendary wrote:Lol, I am keeping the kamikaze attack just removing the invincibility while it's in that state. For the leg zombie another state has been added, more of a defense/healing type state though similar to the phase where the imp charges for its super attack, but only it heals a portion of its health back also.
Legendary do not remove the invincibility just because of someone complaining.

I've already nerfed the Redeemer, I'm the one who coded it, the idea is simple when he turns into kamikaze he is of course invinsible but he will die in a short time because he is now a timed bomb, the delay before dying is of course too long in the version 1.5.5, but I already fixed it.
Oh I had no idea, thanks. Ill add the invincibility line back I wasn't aware that you changed it.

Psycho

Post by Psycho » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:52 pm

fr blood wrote:
when he turns into kamikaze he is of course invinsible but he will die in a short time because he is now a timed bomb, the delay before dying is of course too long in the version 1.5.5, but I already fixed it.
I don't know if the timed bomb is the way to go. I mean, in this scenario the only option for the players is simply to wait out of line of sight until the redeemers blows up, which can completely halts the players from continuing the level until the explosion.

A better scenario would be if the redeemer remains invulnerable until he makes the charge move (straight line), and then it explodes when hitting the first object and dies. This way the players need to keep the pace and actually have to directly deal with the mob using dem skillz.

Other solution is to remove the invunerability when hes charging (reduce his speed a bit) so you'll have to finish it off, which creates quite a chaotic scenario, with the redeemer charging back and forth and players having to avoid been close to it for the explosion, which is the the most hardcore way of doing things.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Apparently I accoutered an Redeemer with Inv and Kamikaze and he went boom after a good 15 minutes or soo, the next time in another encounter I wasn't able to avoid the redeemer but a miracle happened and I found and an Inv sphere where it became easy,
I also wanted to say that once you have the Leg Rune and Chainsaw, you can literally kill anything that you can get close to, be it Leg or plain..

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:16 pm

The chainsaw isn't in lca, that's in an addon for lca like many other things. Everything lca offers is in the screenshots I've listed for my first post.

Sentey
New User

Post by Sentey » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:23 pm

He means the Chainsaw from Complex Legendary

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Oh sorry about that, I got a little confused.

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:28 am

hey leg i been waiting for your email for the stuff
also im working on something new, addon, hardshit for lca
just to carry 2 weapons, like halo style, primary and secundary weapons, this makes the game way harder xD
its kinda working, and by that, you can share weapons.

Sentey
New User

Post by Sentey » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:59 pm

This is isn't halo m8. This is DooM where you can carry all the weapons you can. pls die, kthxbye.

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Zheg wrote:also im working on something new, addon, hardshit for lca
just to carry 2 weapons, like halo style, primary and secundary weapons, this makes the game way harder xD
Please ensure this never sees the light of day or bad things will happen to you D:
"He who hesitates is lost".

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 pm

Zheg wrote:hey leg i been waiting for your email for the stuff
also im working on something new, addon, hardshit for lca
I think that'd be too hard.. then again I guess I can't really judge it until I try it. What ever happened to that Leg Rev powerup you said you were going to make for me though? :eek:

Immortal psx
New User

Post by Immortal psx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:23 am

Excellent!

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:59 am

Zheg, you told me since 3 months that you would recolor the Legendary Baby Sentient then I could code it, but you didn't give any news since and ignored my message. So you could just say that you won't, would be better that way.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:33 pm

AHOY M8!

Well, it took me a while to find something official, but at last, after searching up random LCA stuff on Google, I stumble upon a whole thread for this wonderful mod addon! I've been waiting rather intently for the next version of LCA to come out so I can begin another demonstrative gameplay series on YouTube, showing off the goods that the latest LCA has to offer. This is part of my keen interest to give Complex Doom and LCA a little more attention, as I've noticed they don't seem to quite get as much as, say, the likes of Brutal Doom and the sort.

I'd like to think I'm helping you guys out a little by trying to spread the word about this addon and the content, because I feel you guys have done some fine work and you deserve to have LCA a little more known, as does Daedalus, who actually responded to a comment of mine on YouTube the other day, saying he's likely coming back to work on Complex after a year or so of hiatus. If anyone needs any extra help with things related to sounds or scripting, I'm always happy to contribute! :)

It's pretty neat seeing first hand what's going to be done next with LCA, and knowing in advance what to expect for the next version. After all the countless mods I've had a go at, I have to say that Complex with LCA is my favourite and I'd like to show more people out there as a way of giving back to you guys and your great work. And of course, it's nice playing with you :P

Also you better nerf those damn boomerangs, I swear...lol

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:17 pm

So I quickly compiled a list of monsters that don't have Legendary Monsters:
-Chaingunguy
-Lost Soul (please don't ever)
-Pain Elemental (I really think you could move the Legendary Redeemer to this slot and put something more straight-forward in the caco slot)
-Arachnotron
-Archvile

In terms of complaints, a minor one is that I find the Legendary Redeemer to be harder to deal with than pretty much any other legendary monster except the Legendary Sentient and the Legendary Cybers, and it's in the Cacodemon slot, which makes it annoyingly "common" (it's still rare, but it's more common than some of the easier leg monsters), which is why I'd move it to the Pain Elemental slot and put a more straight-forward Legendary Cacodemon or something in the missing slot.

Also I find it kind of annoying how the Legendary Sentient is basically equivalent (slightly stronger, iirc) to the Legendary Cyberdemon/Legendary Annihilator, but the Legendary Cardinal is on a completely separate level, but that's just me being annoying, you don't really have to fix that

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Untitled wrote: -Arachnotron
The Legendary Baby Sentient seems to be the next monster on the agenda for the new LCA, and I think it is already pretty much done, if I'm not mistaken. Though I have to agree about the Redeemer, something has to change about that. The Cacodemon is too common a spawn for such a stressful and difficult Legendary monster, so I'd say either work on nerfing it a little or try swapping it for the Pain Elemental slot. And now that I think about it a little more, wouldn't a Legendary Arachnotron provide more variety than just a smaller version of the existing Legendary Sentient? Just a thought.

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:07 pm

fr blood wrote:Zheg, you told me since 3 months that you would recolor the Legendary Baby Sentient then I could code it, but you didn't give any news since and ignored my message. So you could just say that you won't, would be better that way.
i been very busy past months xD
forgot everything about doom, but now i have extra time to work

AnKeburu
New User

Post by AnKeburu » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 pm

if you need more monster ideas, I made a monster cast for Project Brutality chosing the best monsters of many wads

There you go: http://imgur.com/AsWWMSg