[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:41 am

arkore wrote:
Sukkamurmeli wrote:
Legendary wrote:I think a Leg Vile might be a bad idea, then again I kinda did nerf the Vel for 1.5.9. I actually have a guy working on a few sprites for me to add into 1.5.9. All we need are his sprites, the explosive minigunner from theundeadsoldier, and the DT Railgun from zheg. After that we'll be set to release.
Been away for few weeks now so Im completly lost about whats happend with lca lately and It has "only" taken like 2 months or so for zheg to actually do something about dtech rail :hmm: . I really hope next release will be worth it <3
DTech Rail is done, but we decided to use A_RailAttack for instant shot, instead of a projectile-based one. But, we require most of A_RailAttack arguments which aren't available in Zan 2.1.2. So, the gun will be disabled until Zan 3 is released.
Yes, zheg did take a while to finally do the railgun sprites but they are finally done. As arkore said the railgun will have to wait for Zan 3.0. The newest release is almost here we just have a few minor adjustments to make now. It will definitely be worth it, many things were fix/nerfed which should improve gameplay not only for singleplayer, but online play also.

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 am

and im here waiting for the release xD
idk what is left for now

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 am

Probably the last update of 2017. :v:

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Zheg wrote:and im here waiting for the release xD
idk what is left for now

Lol, I actually have something to request of you so we can get done faster if you don't mind. I'll pm you in a couple minutes. Probably will send you an email too just in case you don't check the forums that often.
fr blood wrote:Probably the last update of 2017. :v:
I dunno, usually when we have a big update like this it tends to be major bugs that need fixing almost immediately even after play testing. :eek:

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 pm

idk what is left for now
Said the guy who keeps running servers with 1.5.7. :hmm:

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm

fr blood wrote:
idk what is left for now
Said the guy who keeps running servers with 1.5.7. :hmm:

its cuz leg lost soul and behemoths are OP lol
this newer version will be nerfed

iSpooks

Post by iSpooks » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:40 pm

arkore wrote:DTech Rail is done, but we decided to use A_RailAttack for instant shot, instead of a projectile-based one. But, we require most of A_RailAttack arguments which aren't available in Zan 2.1.2. So, the gun will be disabled until Zan 3 is released.
. . . You could have done, like, a 300-500 speed ripping fast projectile for the same effect, instead of using a method that requires waiting for that to be released. It seems rather silly to me, but eh.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm

iSpooks wrote:
arkore wrote:DTech Rail is done, but we decided to use A_RailAttack for instant shot, instead of a projectile-based one. But, we require most of A_RailAttack arguments which aren't available in Zan 2.1.2. So, the gun will be disabled until Zan 3 is released.
. . . You could have done, like, a 300-500 speed ripping fast projectile for the same effect, instead of using a method that requires waiting for that to be released. It seems rather silly to me, but eh.
I went as high as 500, but when testing it in the long hallway of the LCADEMO map, it still looked slow. We wouldn't want players to experience this when firing a new DT Railgun. The problem here isn't our decision. The problem is Zan being outdated to begin with. We have expectations that need to be met, especially for that first-time experience of a new railgun.

Not to mention we had issues with the FastProjectile MissileHeight not working, and the reduction of the radius not properly reducing the spacing between each puff trail, both of which the wiki explained yet just doesn't work. A_RailAttack already solves both those problems.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:55 am

This project is currently stopped for now. It is not dead, I will be picking it back up in a couple of months.

ThePlamzJoker

[WIP] Re: [PAUSED] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:44 am

Ah, good to see the new release is almost upon us! I've been working my plums off editing the hours of online footage I recorded last month, all the while hoping that the next version would be out in time for me to begin my next gameplay series. As soon as I see it, I'll get started on that :biggrin:

Also, a little side note about future things you could add to LCA - the Legendary Demon Rune only allows you to become the Legendary Revenant (unless you've added more of course), so the addition of other playable leg monsters might be an idea. Another thing about that item is that the ambient sound effects for it hang around permanently after you pick it up, and not just during online gameplay like the leg ultrasphere. There might be a few other nitpicks like that, but that's what comes to mind right now. :P

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 am

ThePlamzJoker wrote:Ah, good to see the new release is almost upon us! I've been working my plums off editing the hours of online footage I recorded last month, all the while hoping that the next version would be out in time for me to begin my next gameplay series. As soon as I see it, I'll get started on that :biggrin:

Also, a little side note about future things you could add to LCA - the Legendary Demon Rune only allows you to become the Legendary Revenant (unless you've added more of course), so the addition of other playable leg monsters might be an idea. Another thing about that item is that the ambient sound effects for it hang around permanently after you pick it up, and not just during online gameplay like the leg ultrasphere. There might be a few other nitpicks like that, but that's what comes to mind right now. :P
Legendary wrote:This project is currently stopped for now. It is not dead, I will be picking it back up in a couple of months.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:30 am

Legendary wrote:This project is currently stopped for now. It is not dead, I will be picking it back up in a couple of months.
Well... that's just heartbreaking :sad:

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Ah man! I'm waiting for v1.5.9. and it's taking forever to see it released. How long until it's released?

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Blast88 wrote:Ah man! I'm waiting for v1.5.9. and it's taking forever to see it released. How long until it's released?
Come back when you have read the previous posts...

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:47 pm

so we have to wait until may for a new release? :c

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:48 pm

theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:so we have to wait until may for a new release? :c
Probably not, I just need some time to cool off. I have a lot of irl stuff going on right now and this bs on the forums wasn't helping. I was just a little upset and I know I shouldn't be doing this to the people who love the mod. I'm probably gonna just take it easy for the next couple of days, maybe a week. Then I will get the update out asap. However, I will not be working with arkore anymore. That will remain the same.
ThePlamzJoker wrote:Ah, good to see the new release is almost upon us! I've been working my plums off editing the hours of online footage I recorded last month, all the while hoping that the next version would be out in time for me to begin my next gameplay series. As soon as I see it, I'll get started on that :biggrin:

Nice, can't wait to see the new videos you put out. I'll think about adding more playable monsters in the future but in a way that they won't be so overpowered. Thanks for telling me about that bug, I will have it fixed for release.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Legendary wrote:
theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:so we have to wait until may for a new release? :c
Probably not, I just need some time to cool off. I have a lot of irl stuff going on right now and this bs on the forums wasn't helping. I was just a little upset and I know I shouldn't be doing this to the people who love the mod. I'm probably gonna just take it easy for the next couple of days, maybe a week. Then I will get the update out asap. However, I will not be working with arkore anymore. That will remain the same.

Nice, can't wait to see the new videos you put out. I'll think about adding more playable monsters in the future but in a way that they won't be so overpowered. Thanks for telling me about that bug, I will have it fixed for release.
oh ok. i was about to have a heartattack xddx

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 pm

lol wtf!
so i wont collaborate anymore? xd

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 pm

nice ego, bro
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 am

welp...since lca will take a little longer now i decide to do another one of my dirty jobs xdd

new legendary cyberdemon: https://gyazo.com/59159ed435b8c9ba498637d591e456ed