[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
eric87051
New User

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by eric87051 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 pm

The Velocirator now drops Green Armor instead.

Instead of being an OP Ahole before, now it mess up your high tier armor after death.
What a totally troll. XD

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:35 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:Ah, a well deserved update! I actually do have more queries now and then, but I always end up forgetting some of them when I post on here. For now it's just a couple of things I've been meaning to ask for a while - firstly, what exactly is the purpose of the "D_LEGINT" music? I'm assuming it's supposed to be for an intermission at some point, but I've never actually heard it used in-game before. Also, I noticed there isn't a "D_LEGM22", only a 21 and then it skips to 23. I know it's petty and trivial, but it just bothers me every time I see it :P
I'll be continuing my videos with this small update and I'll let you know if I do find anything else :biggrin:
Yeah because there were quite a few issues so I figured I'd make a small update. I dunno what D_LEGINT is for because I didn't add it and it ended up never being used. Good luck on your videos though! :biggrin:

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:what exactly is the purpose of the "D_LEGINT" music? I'm assuming it's supposed to be for an intermission at some point, but I've never actually heard it used in-game before.
You've assumed correctly. Back in February, I added intermission music for in between LegCard and TrueLegCard, but never finished implementation of it.

The script is already in LCA, as number 5434, and the way it would work is that the DECORATE for LegendaryCardinal would need:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 ACS_ExecuteAlways(5434,0,0)
in it's Death: state before the A_PlaySound("LegCardi/Death", ...) line.

And then the DECORATE for TrueLegendaryCardinal would need:

Code: Select all

TNT1 A 0 ACS_ExecuteAlways(5433,0,0)
before the the TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(user_music == 1,3) line in the See: state.

LittleMermaid
New User

Post by LittleMermaid » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 am

Untitled wrote: Besides, the SSG completely replaces the SG, and no one complains about that

And the HSG does that again to the QSG and no one complained about that either (despite that one being far sillier, because Hexa-Shotgun zombies are silly).
Have to disagree here, it's very good having the QSG along with HSG as you can use alt fire three times then weapon down to the QSG without the lengthy reload, I do this a lot and you really need to be able to do this in difficult situations when you're getting swarmed.

Also the double barrel does not at all replace the combat shotgun, these are different weapons with very different uses.

Cartel

Post by Cartel » Mon May 01, 2017 12:13 am

Keep getting this error message when trying to connect to a server using this LCA...
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 am

Cartel wrote:Keep getting this error message when trying to connect to a server using this LCA...
Capture.PNG
That's not an LCA error looks like a error with Complex Opt but seems that your client is screwed up

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon May 01, 2017 3:22 am

Here's another updated version with fixes, let me know if you notice any bugs. I'll have this version out for 2.1.2 soon.

lca-v1.5.9.2.pk3

Cartel

Post by Cartel » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 am

ForrestMarkX wrote:
Cartel wrote:Keep getting this error message when trying to connect to a server using this LCA...
Capture.PNG
That's not an LCA error looks like a error with Complex Opt but seems that your client is screwed up

Any suggestions? Not really tech savvy. I even uninstalled Zandro and reinstalled and nothing.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Mon May 01, 2017 3:45 am

Cartel wrote:
ForrestMarkX wrote:
Capture.PNG

Any suggestions? Not really tech savvy. I even uninstalled Zandro and reinstalled and nothing.
I'm not really sure, no one else is getting that issue so it could be Zandronum 3.0 specific

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Mon May 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Legendary wrote:Good luck on your videos though! :biggrin:
Speaking of which... :P
There is another issue I forgot about for ages, and I was reminded of it right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mqHuGRaP00&t=28m54s
When you die to a freezer zombie/behemoth/poltergeist, the animation of the player becoming frozen is messed up. When the ice breaks, you turn into a generic green marine instead of your player colour and just stand there as a statue rather than actually turn into falling bits of ice (like any monster does when killed with the same weaponry).

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Capture.PNG
Script error, "complex-v26a2-optimization-v13.pk3:actors/optimizations/weapons.txt" line 258: Unexpected token string constant "CheckNoPush"
I think this is because TSPG has chosen to go with Zandronum 3 as their default version, and since Zandronum 3 hasn't been officially released, everyone else (incl. yourself) are using Zandronum 2.

In Doomseeker, go Options -> Configure -> Engines -> Zandronum
Enable checkbox "Testing Releases" and set the Directory for it (below). E.g. C:\...\Zandronum\3.0\

Then try connecting to the server again.
Last edited by arkore on Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Permissions and Contact Information
=================================================
=================================================
Note: You CAN NOT use this mod or any previous =
versions as a base for modification. Any =
additional addons containing content from LCA =
must be authorized by me first. =
If you wish to contact me I'll usually be on =
IRC as Legendary or Cordongon. Specific =
channels are #zandronum and #tspg-painkiller. =
I also have an account for the Zandronum Forums.=
My username there is: Legendary. [spoiler]rip opt[/spoiler]

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Before you take a hard stance against add-ons, remember that LCA itself is an add-on.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Cartel

Post by Cartel » Mon May 01, 2017 8:03 pm

arkore wrote:
Capture.PNG
In Doomseeker, go Options -> Configure -> Engines -> Zandronum
Enable checkbox "Testing Releases" and set the Directory for it (below). E.g. C:\...\Zandronum\3.0\

Then try connecting to the server again.
Nice, that worked, thanks!

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Mon May 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Even more fixes is amazing that's for sure... the only thing that I didn't understand about the new minor update is the nerf on the D-Tech Railgun... isn't the gun supposed to be good to use against Legendaries? Why nerf it since it already had a small drop percentage ratio? :/

FujiwaraNoMokou
New User

Post by FujiwaraNoMokou » Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Judging from the new permissions and contact info in the 1.5.9.2.pk3, I suppose I'll ask for authorization for my addon, Dusted's Addon, since it uses a couple of things from LCA. If it warrants the removal of a few features, then I'm fine with that.

though I also ask how you're going to enforce this; Complex-opt/LCA-opt and that Russian HEM also use features from LCA and I highly doubt they're going to care about it or even notice it

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Mon May 01, 2017 9:24 pm

FujiwaraNoMokou wrote:Judging from the new permissions and contact info in the 1.5.9.2.pk3, I suppose I'll ask for authorization for my addon, Dusted's Addon, since it uses a couple of things from LCA. If it warrants the removal of a few features, then I'm fine with that.

though I also ask how you're going to enforce this; Complex-opt/LCA-opt and that Russian HEM also use features from LCA and I highly doubt they're going to care about it or even notice it
I think he will be just ok... I hope :v:

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Mon May 01, 2017 10:38 pm

FujiwaraNoMokou wrote:Judging from the new permissions and contact info in the 1.5.9.2.pk3, I suppose I'll ask for authorization for my addon, Dusted's Addon, since it uses a couple of things from LCA. If it warrants the removal of a few features, then I'm fine with that.

just ignore the russian hem/RM. Yes i know, they edited my RM and i can't do anything to stop it :c

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Mon May 01, 2017 10:48 pm

Skeleton wrote:

just ignore the russian hem/RM. Yes i know, they edited my RM and i can't do anything to stop it :c
But there's a very big difference beetween your addons and the Russian ones
Last edited by Gadosen on Mon May 01, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Skeleton wrote: they edited my RM and i can't do anything to stop it :c
I hate to say this but that's a loud of bull. I'm loving how both you and Legendary are throwing me under the bus and pretending to be the victims. I asked you myself if I could make a opt for RM and you said yes the same as Legendary did, you simply can't give permission and then when I waste hours of my own time to finish the mod you turn around and say I'm suddenly not allowed