[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:24 am

Its seems that the Devastator is completely safe to use at close range with Leg Rune while as DTBFG still isn't, Please check.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:50 am

I think I have found a bug: freezing a fatso or arachnotron on MAP07 breaks the map. It should be the same for other maps with kill conditions (like E1M8, E2M8, E3M8 and maybe MAP32), although I haven't tested them.
Spoiler: Technical details and solution (Open)
On maps that require killing all special monsters to proceed (like barons in E1M8 or fatsos and arachnotrons in MAP07), if any of those monsters is killed with ice, the special doesn't trigger and you're stuck.

This happens because of the way CD (and by extension, LCA) implements their spawners: unlike regular spawners, they stay "alive" until the spawned monster's death sequence explicitly kills the spawner. However, death by ice uses its own death sequence (implicitly defined via inheritance) and ignores that.
By the way, for the same reason frozen enemies never drop their weapons.

That special implementation isn't even necessary - regular randomspawners already check if the monster is "special" and track its condition if they are. So it can be easily fixed by changing those spawners to inherit from RandomSpawner and using DropItem (like non-special spawners). Although you might need to revise the numbers so the probabilities stay the same.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:13 am

The problem is not from LCA or CD but from one of the other addon so don't post the problem here anymore, it's because of that stupid HAF which transform the Behemoth into a flying behemoth thanks to his bullshit code.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:59 am

I've just been reading through this entire thread, and I noticed the suggestion for a Wiki about LCA. I think that's a great idea because there's always so much to explain, especially to anyone new to the game. I would be more than willing to contribute to that Wiki with all the knowledge I've gained over the past year about this mod. :biggrin:

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 pm

fr blood wrote:The problem is not from LCA or CD but from one of the other addon so don't post the problem here anymore, it's because of that stupid HAF which transform the Behemoth into a flying behemoth thanks to his bullshit code.
No, I just double-checked, it happens in vanilla LCA.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:38 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:
fr blood wrote:The problem is not from LCA or CD but from one of the other addon so don't post the problem here anymore, it's because of that stupid HAF which transform the Behemoth into a flying behemoth thanks to his bullshit code.
No, I just double-checked, it happens in vanilla LCA.
What? I don't see how that's possible because this has never been an issue before.
Sepia-Paper wrote:Its seems that the Devastator is completely safe to use at close range with Leg Rune while as DTBFG still isn't, Please check.
This is because the LCA weapons have been slightly modified so that they don't do self damage, the DTBFG is a normal Complex weapon.
ThePlamzJoker wrote:
Legendary wrote:Hi, the new LCA version is finally here! This update brings 3 new monsters. One is the Legendary Tormentor, the second is the Legendary Soul, and the last one is the Rictus Incarnate. 1 Pain Elemental, 1 Lost Soul, and 1 Baron of Hell type monsters. The rest is just new effects and fixes. Remember, you must load complex doom first before loading lca. I'll add screenshots later, don't have anything on this pc to currently take them with. Update logs and everything else will be below.
Oh my, that's a whole bunch of new stuff you've got there! I'm going to have fun checking out all that fresh content, haha. I may not have been online in servers at all in quite a long time, but I'm hoping to join you guys again sometime soon. You can bet I'm going to give this a good mention in my next gameplay video :biggrin:

In regards to your reply from a while back that I didn't see until now, I'm honoured to be one of those people that make it worth your while. I'll continue to support your work, for sure!

"Yellow like simpson" never forget
Yeah man I haven't seen you on any servers in a while. Thanks though, you should maybe link episode one of your playthroughs on the thread they're really good, and fun to watch. :biggrin:

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:22 am

Legendary wrote: Gave 35% D-BFG resist to all Legendary Monsters.
Made the Legendary Bosses dodge D-BFG projectiles.
Gave 40% D-BFG resist to the True Legendary Cardinal.
Gave 35% D-BFG resist to the Legendary Cardinal, Cyberdemon, Sentient, and Annihilator.
Sadface.
On the other end do you think maybe now that the D-BFG has been nerfed, we could either see its max ammo capacity increased to 150 or 200? Or potentially make its ammo come in the backpack? In the previous version, it was extremely good, but I found myself using it sparsely so I would have it in the right situation. If not, I feel that it will become completely outclassed by the pyrocannon.
Legendary wrote: Lowered the chance of the protection state to all Legendary Zombies.
Nice. The protection state really broke up the action when it happened multiple times in one fight.
Legendary wrote: Nerfed the Legendary Baby Sentient(lowered damages, limited drones and some attacks).
God yes, this was so necessary. Getting my salad tossed was no fun. And the endless beeping of an awakened baby's drones in the next room...
Legendary wrote: Added a new monster to the Lost Soul Spawner, the Legendary Soul(he won't spawn at Lost Soul spawners but from Legendary Tormentor or Legendary Zombies).
Added a new monster to the Pain Elemental Spawner, the Legendary Tormentor.
Added a new monster to the Baron of Hell category, the Rictus Incarnate.
LET'S GET IT ONNN
Legendary wrote: Buffed the Legendary AK-47's damage.
I'm ok with this

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:32 am

Legendary wrote:What? I don't see how that's possible because this has never been an issue before.
It's not a thing that you notice much - how often do you think people play map07 specifically?
It's easy to check for yourself: open any map, console "kill monsters", then "summon baronofhell" (for example), freeze him, console "monster" - OverlordNobleReplacer is still there, meaning that the special wouldn't execute.
You can see for yourself: http://imgur.com/a/yAeIO. This is CD v26a2 and LCA v1.5.8, nothing else.

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:41 pm

I played the new version yesterday, and I have one major critique I need to throw out there.
The new legendary behemoth attack in which he sends out the homing energy balls needs to have its duration shortened. He would shoot them out, and rather than players attempting to dodge them (I was playing online), they would just run away to a safe area until they would explode. This would sometimes happen multiple times in a fight, and it just made the encourter feel boring. Maybe have them explode after a certain number of bounces, maybe have them naturally explode in a shorter time, but please do something. After playing for half an hour I was basically rolling my eyes every time I came across a behemoth.

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:15 am

the second looks better

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:53 am

Woah, if you finish these sprites give them to me. I can't really decide which ones I like better they're both really good.
Twinkletwats wrote:I played the new version yesterday, and I have one major critique I need to throw out there.
The new legendary behemoth attack in which he sends out the homing energy balls needs to have its duration shortened. He would shoot them out, and rather than players attempting to dodge them (I was playing online), they would just run away to a safe area until they would explode. This would sometimes happen multiple times in a fight, and it just made the encourter feel boring. Maybe have them explode after a certain number of bounces, maybe have them naturally explode in a shorter time, but please do something. After playing for half an hour I was basically rolling my eyes every time I came across a behemoth.
I agree with you 100%, I feel they're really op as they are and plan on nerfing them in 1.5.9.
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:
Legendary wrote:What? I don't see how that's possible because this has never been an issue before.
It's not a thing that you notice much - how often do you think people play map07 specifically?
It's easy to check for yourself: open any map, console "kill monsters", then "summon baronofhell" (for example), freeze him, console "monster" - OverlordNobleReplacer is still there, meaning that the special wouldn't execute.
You can see for yourself: http://imgur.com/a/yAeIO. This is CD v26a2 and LCA v1.5.8, nothing else.
This might just be a bug with the freezing mechanic itself in zandronum.
Twinkletwats wrote: On the other end do you think maybe now that the D-BFG has been nerfed, we could either see its max ammo capacity increased to 150 or 200? Or potentially make its ammo come in the backpack? In the previous version, it was extremely good, but I found myself using it sparsely so I would have it in the right situation. If not, I feel that it will become completely outclassed by the pyrocannon.
Also Twinkletwats, thanks for the feedback. You'd have to talk with Arkore about the ammo increase because the D-BFG is in a completely different addon. (lca-ark-1.7.5.pk3)

Sukkamurmeli
New User

Post by Sukkamurmeli » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:13 am

All I can say, keep up the good work. :razz:

Edit: I was about to give feedback about the "buffs" considering some of the monsters, but I alredy ranted enough about them ingame, put that all aside. Cant wait to see and use dtech rail :D
Mastermind behind Legendary Pinky

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:04 am

Sukkamurmeli wrote:All I can say, keep up the good work. :razz:

Edit: I was about to give feedback about the "buffs" considering some of the monsters, but I alredy ranted enough about them ingame, put that all aside. Cant wait to see and use dtech rail :D
Lol thanks, don't worry those buffs will be adjusted shortly and hopefully the rail will be done soon too.

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:13 am

Legendary wrote:Yeah man I haven't seen you on any servers in a while. Thanks though, you should maybe link episode one of your playthroughs on the thread they're really good, and fun to watch. :biggrin:
Thanks, I'd be honoured to share my playthroughs on here! I've just finished Plutonia with Complex Doom and LCA, with your latest LCA in the last three parts. Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... n0dz3cgIir

To all those on the thread, I have played through Doom II, TNT Evilution and Plutonia with the addon, and you can also find playlists for those on the channel. I will be making more videos like this in future, covering everyone's favourite user WADs from our many days in the online servers, so look out for more soon. Please check out my videos if you're interested, I really appreciate the support :biggrin:

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:49 am

ThePlamzJoker wrote:
Legendary wrote:Yeah man I haven't seen you on any servers in a while. Thanks though, you should maybe link episode one of your playthroughs on the thread they're really good, and fun to watch. :biggrin:
Thanks, I'd be honoured to share my playthroughs on here! I've just finished Plutonia with Complex Doom and LCA, with your latest LCA in the last three parts. Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... n0dz3cgIir

To all those on the thread, I have played through Doom II, TNT Evilution and Plutonia with the addon, and you can also find playlists for those on the channel. I will be making more videos like this in future, covering everyone's favourite user WADs from our many days in the online servers, so look out for more soon. Please check out my videos if you're interested, I really appreciate the support :biggrin:
Nice, and I appreciate your support too. You should play white 2, I think that would be really interesting.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 am

Oh interesting, well if you don't have time Zheg I can code that weapon for you. :happyface:
ThePlamzJoker wrote: Thanks, I'd be honoured to share my playthroughs on here! I've just finished Plutonia with Complex Doom and LCA, with your latest LCA in the last three parts. Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... n0dz3cgIir

Nice videos there man. :wink:

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 pm

its done dtech railgun
sheeted with photoshop
i just need to code it, tonight will be done
http://imgur.com/csgAxyX

haxmurderer

Post by haxmurderer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:41 pm

DTech railgun looks sweet, good job Zheg!

BTW id Software totally ripped off the LCA colour palette and Leg Redeemer look for this new Doom 2016 DLC promo artwork.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 pm

haxmurderer wrote:DTech railgun looks sweet, good job Zheg!

BTW id Software totally ripped off the LCA colour palette and Leg Redeemer look for this new Doom 2016 DLC promo artwork.
Damn go sue Bethesda now.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===