[WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
marco75

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.0 (V2.5 coming soon to Zandronum)

Post by marco75 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am

Shame you had to remove those features. Good job on supporting Zandronum though.
I heard the 3D models for decorations in Doom Reinforced were taken out. Are the 3D decorations part of Hunter's Moon itself, replacing the original 2D decorations?

People never join in anymore when I run a multiplayer, I might stick to the GZDoom version for that reason.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and the significant improvement to Doom. Those 2D flat sprites that look the same from any angle always bothered me a little bit, even in 1992. Now they look really odd. Great job bringing Doom from 2.5D to 3D! :-D

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.0 (V2.6 coming soon to Zandronum)

Post by Zanieon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 pm

marco75 wrote: Shame you had to remove those features. Good job on supporting Zandronum though.
I heard the 3D models for decorations in Doom Reinforced were taken out. Are the 3D decorations part of Hunter's Moon itself, replacing the original 2D decorations?

People never join in anymore when I run a multiplayer, I might stick to the GZDoom version for that reason.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and the significant improvement to Doom. Those 2D flat sprites that look the same from any angle always bothered me a little bit, even in 1992. Now they look really odd. Great job bringing Doom from 2.5D to 3D! :-D
Well, my plan in make everything solid in the game be a 3D Model (i plan that for a 3.0 version that i am going to call Hunter's Moon 3D).

I imagined that to happen, V2.5 have a too heavy changelog to people keep playing V2.0 in Zandronum.

Also, if i finish the whole thing for Zandronum, it will be V2.6 directly, Triple S in ZDoom forums told he found a bug with the Shotgun when point-blank in a enemy.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: [DISCONTINUED] Hunter's Moon 2.0

Post by Zanieon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:59 am

Bringing the same message from ZDoom forums:

For who liked this, today i had one of the probably baddest days in my life.

My HDD simply get a problem in information-read method (first i got a BSoD while i was playing and then simply it changed the read-method from IDE to RAID), causing my Windows to get a constant BSoD every time it tries to initialize but that wast the worst thing, it came later, with so many tries and reboots, the partition of my HDD simply vanished dunno why (ok at this point i get very sad), and now anything that i can say is...

I lost everything i had before, my resources, sound libraries, textures, models, ACS scripts, most part i can recover from the internet, in exception of sound, models and ACS, which i particulary had only in my computer, now that i dont have them i cannot keep the project because i do not own the resources anymore.

So i`m coming here just to warn i will not keep any new project that i was developing (that counts for the freezed Akzos City, and new Doom Reinforced).

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 am

oh man so sad to hear that, goodluck with your future plans.

jwaffe
Forum Regular

Post by jwaffe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:41 pm

You might be able to fix your partitions using a Windows boot disc

Alternatively you could try a linux live cd and see if anything comes up when you type lsblk or fdisk -l depending on your distro.
Last edited by jwaffe on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Too bad, this project was fantastic.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Revilution wrote: I lost everything i had before, my resources, sound libraries, textures, models, ACS scripts, most part i can recover from the internet, in exception of sound, models and ACS, which i particulary had only in my computer, now that i dont have them i cannot keep the project because i do not own the resources anymore.
Install Dropbox, and work on your projects in your Dropbox folder. It's always backedup, and live/sync backup.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I was too lazy to say so, but that's how I feel.
Catastrophe wrote: Ouch, sorry to hear that. Too bad, this project was fantastic.
Image ImageImage

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm

I always had a way to make my files always be safe by saving them in a Secondary Slave HDD, so whatever happens to my computer, i simply format it and my files will be still there because the second HD wasnt affected, this time i didn't get the same lucky because my old computer was still a IDE-read method, and i still have the 3 HDs of it, all formatted of course because i used 2 in another computer to my brother use while he dont get anything better, and this actual computer is my first SATA which have only one HD, only because this i had this massive accident.

Formatted and back again to the start point, i will plan another projects, maybe remake Doom Reinforced, since i always planned remake my first project, in fact the real intention was always use this project to get skills in modding to remake my first, now everything i need do is download all my games again, since most part of my sound libraries came from distortions and mixes i did with the sounds of them.

The models wasn't a big problem too, because everyone noticed that all of them is game-rips, and the way to rip them again, i already know.

ACS is a big question because that is really a total lost, in exeption of my top creation that is the movement recongnition, good that i published that separately in ZDoom forums and hosted that in my Mediafire.

Recover things i can, because them came from another that already exists in games, but i just cannot continue the actualy projects because their resources is lost definetely, and i don't have a divine patience to redo everything from 0.

The most ironic part is i downloaded Dropbox one day before this thing happened.
Last edited by Zanieon on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: [WIP] Hunter's Moon 2.0 (Recovered) (2.5.1 coming soon)

Post by Zanieon » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:06 am

From ZDoom forums i'll say this same part here:

"Fortunately i found a fuckin backup in my mother's notebook (long story why i found it here), what i can say is, i made it basically my secondary HD as i told b4, but i forget completely about this until now, since i'm using it right now to write this post (i'm a "bit" far from my computer).

The point is, i just need repair some stuff that i recovered from here because they are a bit older than the date i released 2.5 (the date of this stuff is around 2.2 - 2.3 versions)

Every day in each of these 3 months i thought in a way to recover all my content back, well, all i can say now is, i recovered completely everything i lost to give continuation to all my actual announced projects (so yea, this incude all Doom Reinforced spin-offs and DRCore itself).

3D Models, Sounds, ACS Scripts, Sprites, Textures, the map pack itself, EVERYTHING IS BACK NOW, thanks to the organization methods that i use in my PC (i put everything i use for modding and stuff of the kind in a single folder and this same folder i found in my mother's notebook, so everything is here, untouched and ready to continue what i started).

Prolly in Tuesday i back to home, and when i touch in my computer again i will give a continuation for this mod and all others i was working on.

Also i'm thinking in make this thing partially open-source (consider this "partially" only the models), because after this "accident" i'll start develop it using a cloud storage service as a backup (dunno if it will be Dropbox or Mediafire)."

AAAAAAND, Soon as i bring the content back to V2.5, i will backport it to Zandronum, this will be the first thing i will do before continue where i stopped.

Absolute Zero

Post by Absolute Zero » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:29 am

Just so you know, this is how freedoom and samsara resources are "stored".
IMPLEMENT WEAPON PICKUP PREDICTION 2K14! VOTE NOW! YES/YES

In fact, I hate Kelvins, and humans too, because they are carrying nearly 300 of them EVERYWHERE!

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Ah Github, forgot about this, i know it since Randy moved ZDoom code to there, so it is still new for me, but yea, i can make use of this thing too.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: [WIP] Hunter's Moon 2.5.1

Post by Zanieon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

2.5.1 for Zandronum is out.

Really just few things isn't present in this version in comparison with the GZDoom version, i thought i had to remove much more things, but it's all fine.

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 pm

I,m so glad and happy and... nevermind, you recovered the data, and you made the zandronum version just in some days... awesome, im gonna try it right now :3 thanks :3

EDIT: Cant load the game and the bug/error is... "Script error, "HuntersMoonV2.5.1.pk3:decorate" line 1488:
"AVOIDMELEE" is an unknown flag"
Last edited by TUQfuture on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:46 am

I uploaded the GZDoom version in the place of the Zany version inside the zip

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

jajjaaj dont worry, sometimes those things happen. :3 just reply or something if is uploaded and keep the good work on this mod, is one of the best on playability. so much effort... deserves a cacoward, but thats not up to me...

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am

Reuploaded the file, now it should work properly.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.5.1

Post by Zanieon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 am

I noticed the ACS have a mismatch in the item that makes the movement script recognizes when the player are dead, so i am providing a small fix for it until another version comes out.
Last edited by Zanieon on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 am

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

Blarget2
New User

Post by Blarget2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 am

I like how the tank has the same reload sound as the descent 3 mass driver.