[WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5

Post by Zanieon » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Image Welcome to The Temple Of The Portals, prepare to fight hordes of giant monstrosities of hell for the control of the multiverse, Hunter's Moon is a mod for Zandronum and GZDoom that consists in bring the single-player campaign that Quake III Arena never had, the story continues millenniums after the Vadrigars and the Eternal Arenas taking the warriors out of the arenas' endless battles to fight for the control of what have locked them there, The Temple Of The Portals is the place where everything connects, it is the universe between the universes, it is a source of unlimited and unimaginable power that even gods wants control it.
Spoiler: Story (Open)
For 4 galactic cycles you have killed the other arena warriors again and again in endless matches provided by a unknown source of power that they only knew as The Vadrigars, but had a day that everything changed.

You are now facing a new place which still looks the arenas but feels that something changed, something tells you that you are outside the arenas and are now free from the control of the Vadrigars, with a short time you see all other arena warriors appearing in the same room you are, but they do not have a team, the announcer tells nothing what to do and without weapons they stood with a question in mind of why they are there.

After a time of everyone looking around the place a giant portal opens in front of a gate throwing and huge creature in the room and closing so fast that nothing could be done, the creature get up and see the warriors with impression, it says something in a language that nobody knows. A gate in the room opens and human soldiers appears with very different uniforms and weapons telling to you and the others what happened, they says that each arena you met is located in many different places and universes, being controlled and constructed by The Temple Of The Portals, the place where the Vadrigars supposed to live when their empire was strong, but with the time, they vanished and the Temple remained active with it's functions and that included keeping the matches running in the arenas, now that they set you free and stopped the challenges, they asks for help in a war against Hell for the control of the Temple.

The mission is simple, grab your weapons and go trough each universe the Hell armies have invaded and cleanse them.
Characters:
Spoiler: (Open)
You can play with each character that Quake III Arena have, this includes the additional characters from the Team Arena Expansion and even an extra character from Unreal Tournament 3 as well Doomslayer from DOOM (2016), currently theres a total of 29 playable characters:
- Sarge
- Doom
- Crash
- Grunt
- Ranger
- Visor
- Bitterman
- Major
- Razor
- Xaero
- Hunter
- Mynx
- Lucy
- Hossman
- Keel
- Anarki
- Slash
- Bones
- Orbb
- Fritzkrieg
- PI
- Megan
- Morgan
- Doomslayer
- Klesk
- Uriel
- TankJr
- Sorlag
- Tyzen
Weapons:
Spoiler: (Open)
The weaponry of Hunter's Moon goes beyond the regular found in Quake III Arena, mostly to gives more options on how to kill enemies and provide better damage on them:
Machine Gun (Quake III Arena)
Heavy Machine Gun (Quake Live)
Shotgun (Quake III Arena)
Cynetik Striker Cannon (New from scratch, model is originally Vorus Plasma Arc from Alien Rage)
Grenade Launcher (Quake III Arena)
Rocket Launcher (Quake III Arena)
Lightning Gun (Quake III Arena)
Trakion Cannon (New from scratch, model is originally Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament 3)
Railgun (Quake III Arena)
Plasma Gun (Quake III Arena)
BFG10k (Quake III Arena)
Dark Matter Gun (Quake 4)
Chaingun (Quake III Team Arena)
Nailgun (Quake III Team Arena)
Spoiler: Changelog V2.9.5 (Open)
Major Changes:

+Bones now possess an active ability of summon 8 Undead Warriors to fight for him for 30 seconds, kills made by the warriors counts for them and not Bones but he can still recharge his ability while warriors are active when killing monsters himself to summon even more warriors due the timer being bound to the group summoned, the more monsters a horde has, the more chances Bones has to spawn his own horde of undead warriors
+Uriel now possess an active ability that makes him repeat the damage instance he recieved 10 times stronger back to its originator for 20 seconds, the multiplier does not apply to major bosses, in this case, only the base damage will be repeated back
+Keel now possess an active ability of placing Landmines at will, each 2 kill earns one mine up to 10 mines, mines can not be detonated manually and will explode in 0.8 seconds after an enemy has stepped on it
+Major now possess a passive ability of recharging 2 points of weapon ultimate charge every second making the ultimate fire mode ready every 15 seconds, allies within 384 radius near her can benefit from this effect
+Added the 3 death variations Quake 3 have for all characters that have abilities for now (Doomslayer and Tyzen not included)
+Added proper character portraits to all characters which currently have abilities
+Added DOOM (2016) Pinky variant, he has 1/4 chance to spawn alongside Doom 3 Pinky and Maggot
+Overhauled Player Setup menu to include all the options of Extra-Player Setup menu
+Increased Ranger's Slipstream Surge area from 512 to 640
+Increased Crash's Unbreakable Will pulse damage from 2500 to 5000
+Increased Razor's minor bombs damage from 100 to 150 and radius from 160 to 192 and decreased major bomb damage from 3500 to 3000
+Modifed Chaingun visual to something a bit more robust to honor its firepower

Bugfixes and Minor Changes:

*Fixed broken pattern in some weapons' fire axis, all weapons will now properly shoot 4 map units to the right side of the player's view center
*Fixed abilities reliant on active timers being not rechargeable during the rest of the map if a player dies and respawns while they were active
*Optimized Lightning Gun's Ultimate, it should properly hit eligible targets nearby as well always spawn no matter what it hits, performance cost is also reduced
*Moved all time counters of active abilities to inside the charge meter
*Added time counter to Doomslayer's Berserk while active
*Adjusted Baron of Hell axe damage from random 30~40 to 40~60 and kick damage from random 20~30 to 30~40
*Adjusted Machine Gun kickback from 32 to 4
*Adjusted Heavy Machine Gun kickback from 32 to 8
*Adjusted Lightning Gun kickback from 32 to 16
*Changed Cacodemon's mass from 500 to 1000
*Changed Helltime Hunter's mass from 600 to 4000
*Increased Maggot's walking animation speed alongside movement speed
*Fixed few certain monsters kills being able to recharge abilities while they are active
*Improved Cacodemon's textures to show better his glowing mouth and changed eye to white pupil and iris covers the entire eye now
*Moved and adapted the content out of the internal HM.wad file to the folders inside the PK3 file

Stuff reduced/removed:

*Decreased damage of Visor's Gravity Hammer impact from 3000 to 2500 and increased radius from 384 to 448
*Decreased damage of Lightning Gun's Ultimate per hit from 750 to 100 along all its duration
*Decreased damage of Doomslayer's Berserk ultimate enraged punch from 2500 to 350 per tic along all its duration
*Decreased damage radius of Trakion Cannon electric pillar from 160 to 128
*Reduced Pain Elemental's move speed from 12 to 10mu
*Reduced Sorlag's overall size to same of TankJr and Uriel
*Reduced Uriel, Sorlag and TankJr's hitbox height from 104 to 96 and View Height from 96 to 88
*Removed Extra-Player Setup menu
*Removed Score system, it was being glitchy in Zandronum online matches as well with the recent change of plans, this is no longer usefull
*Removed the internal HM.wad file from the PK3 file
Download V2.9.5d

Download Map Pack V0.3

Download Editor Resource R7 Last Updated: February/04.
If you want create maps for Hunter's Moon or want adapt already existing Doom maps for personal use, load this into GZDoom Builder as a additional resource file, it contains the correct monster and weapon replacements to fix the issue with weapons differing from the ammo near them, also the tall monsters stucking on ceiling if the room's height isn't enough for them.
Spoiler: System Requirements to run maps (Open)
Minimum System Requirements:
*Intel i3-530 or equivalent
*4GB RAM
*Videocard with at least 1GB VRAM

Recommended System Requirements:
*Intel i5-3330 or equivalent
*8GB RAM
*Videocard with 2GB VRAM
Add-ons:

Equinox Patch V5
-Requires the original wad, you can download here
-Adapts all maps to fits in mod's gameplay
-Veridion and Ranerion appears once if played in cooperative

Zones Of Fear Patch V3
-Requires the original wad, you can download it here
-Adapts all maps to fits in mod's gameplay, however more updates needs to be done as some random spawners have escaped my eyes, so some Hellknights and Baron spawners may be stucked yet
-Veridion and Ranerion appears if played in cooperative and single-player

Total Sonic Mayhem Music Pack
-This was the old Music Pack, but now some Quake 2 songs were removed and some others that combines better with Quake 3 Industrial style were added in place

Madness of an Epic Massacre Music Pack
-This add-on contains various tracks from many sources, from movies, artist albums and other games, works with pretty every megawad/gameplay wad but mainly made for Hunter's Moon.

Madness of an Epic Massacre Music Pack - Volume 2
-Second edition of the add-on above.

Image Image Image

Last edited by Zanieon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Llewellyn
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon V1.9

Post by Llewellyn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 am

Revilution wrote: but this is not granted that you will not stuck, since choosing the Big monster gives you a chance of spawn as a Cyberdemon or Asmodeus.

If in anyway you got stuck, typing kill on console will be the only way to get out of this.
I made a test wad that demonstrates how you can stop things from getting stuck, and how you can test if they got stuck:
TestSpawn.zip

I was just going to edit your mod but it is > 100 MB...

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:28 am

Llewellyn wrote:
Revilution wrote: but this is not granted that you will not stuck, since choosing the Big monster gives you a chance of spawn as a Cyberdemon or Asmodeus.

If in anyway you got stuck, typing kill on console will be the only way to get out of this.
I made a test wad that demonstrates how you can stop things from getting stuck, and how you can test if they got stuck:
TestSpawn.zip

I was just going to edit your mod but it is > 100 MB...
Well, i'll try improve the code yet, this is just the initial version, also, thanks for the help.

porcelain echo
Forum Regular

Post by porcelain echo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 am

I just tried to download Hunter's Moon,but a small sign popped up saying I had to type in 2 words to get it.I already know that it means a virus.I know that no one here would do this,but just though I'd warn the author.By the way,the older one I downloaded was pretty good.Keep up the good work!

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:46 pm

porcelain echo wrote: I just tried to download Hunter's Moon,but a small sign popped up saying I had to type in 2 words to get it.I already know that it means a virus.I know that no one here would do this,but just though I'd warn the author.By the way,the older one I downloaded was pretty good.Keep up the good work!
I don't see anything wrong with the Captcha of Mediafire
Mediafire wrote:We use Captchas to prevent bots from downloading excessively, which steals bandwidth from our users. Captcha enables us to preserve the value of service that is important to our users.
This only happens if you F5 Medirafire too much or download over9000 things from there at the same time.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.0

Post by Zanieon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

V2.0 Released, sorry for release this version one day after the GZDoom version, but in Zandronum i was getting a serious bug in multiplayer matches.

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 pm

son of bitch, its over 100 Mb. still this looks good, hope to see something soon in the servers with a lower size

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 pm

all out war +- 100mb
ghouls vs humans +- 100mb
who dun it +-50mb
zdoomwars +-100mb (with music)
stronghold +- 150mh

So i really don´t see a problem here, almost all the biggest mods played now have this size, and it´s almost 100% models the mod *--* (if walls get 3D textures then it´ll be 100% xD)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Igor wrote: IF FILESIZE HUGE, THEN MOD MUST BE GOOD!
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

For now just 2 mods that was huge sucked for me, one it was almost 90% music and the rest vanilla simple maps, and the other It have almost 1GB and it was almost 100% 3D (doom 3 weapons, and hexen monsters and other things)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 am

ibm5155 wrote: For now just 2 mods that was huge sucked for me, one it was almost 90% music and the rest vanilla simple maps, and the other It have almost 1GB and it was almost 100% 3D (doom 3 weapons, and hexen monsters and other things)
howbout

Doom: Rampage Edition
Futurwar
anything Doomkiller has ever made
Aeons of Death

All have filesizes of at least 80MB and they all suck.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:27 am

Aeons of Death is not really bad, it provides good utility for resources to use :)
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Mechromancer

Post by Mechromancer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 am

Ivan wrote: Aeons of Death is not really bad, it provides good utility for resources to use :)
Good resources does not a good wad make.
Deathtrap wants an upgrade? Deathtrap gets an upgrade!

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 am

I'd like to see some screenshots before I commit to this dl, though I'm a big q3a fan anyway so do want to play it.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Mechromancer wrote:
Ivan wrote: Aeons of Death is not really bad, it provides good utility for resources to use :)
Good resources does not a good wad make.
I didn't imply the wad was decent, it's just that it is of use in certain other ways...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

doomwolf555
Forum Regular

Post by doomwolf555 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 pm

some monsters always stuck in texture when i start a map

doomwolf555
Forum Regular

Post by doomwolf555 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm

let me make a patch for this mod and fix the size of some monster

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Very entertaining MOD, however there are always some things that need tweaking:

1. Alot of monsters have sprite clipping issues, and some are just too damn big to be in certain places in some maps. Good example is The Crusher map.

2. Player Sprites are more thinner than they should be, I was able to get into places I should not be able to normaly access.

3. The enhanced jumping is kind of hard to maintain, mainly due to map height. Any chance you could restore the normal jumping and maybe put the enhanced jumping into a powerup?

4. Ammo is way too plentiful, I can literaly run the whole game using nothing but the rocket launcher and never run out of ammo. I would suggest putting the ammo types that correspond with the right monster. I.E. Revenants and Fire Demons dropping rockets.

5. Ammo count is a bit wonky when you pick up the back pack. All the numbers are cut down by half when using up or obtaining ammo past the normal full mark.

6. Armor pickups only give 50 armor instead of 100, but the Red armor still gives 200 like it is blue armor. Kind of annoying in the Plutonia and TNT levels cus armor is kind of rare in those 2 expansions.

It would be nice if the different characters to choose from had special traits, it would give more of an incentive to pick people you would normaly not pick. This was a pretty good MOD though.

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 am

• Weapon splash damage should damage the player.
  • Nailgun should be moved to Slot 3 since it acts like a shotgun.
  • Chaingun should be moved to Slot 4.
  • Grenade Launcher should be moved to slot 5 with the Rocket Launcher.
  • Plasmagun and Railgun should be in slot 6.
  • Lightning Gun and BFG10k should be in Slot 7.
  • Kamikaze should only spawn in multiplayer mode. In single player, the Invulnerability powerup should stay.
  • Ditch the enemy replacements for now, since they're too big for certain maps. Perhaps include an optional Doom 3D monster model pack for the mod instead if you must include models.
  • Enemies should not gib so easily. Especially not with the rocket launcher when in Q3, it does 100 damage instead of an average of 218 damage per direct hit.
Oh yeah, add back infighting.
Last edited by ArcheKruz on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doomwolf555
Forum Regular

Post by doomwolf555 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 pm

you can see a gameplay with this mod and HD textures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwKMkq ... ature=plcp
Looks impressive!!!!