[WIP] Hunter's Moon V2.9.5

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.0

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:06 pm

well for who doesn´t know, it´ll have own maps for the mod...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY95zQ2Yvts

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm

ibm5155 wrote: well for who doesn´t know, it´ll have own maps for the mod...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY95zQ2Yvts
Looks pretty awesome bro, will it have defrag style movement, like circle jumping, plasma climbing etc?

doomwolf555
Forum Regular

Post by doomwolf555 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:32 pm

here is my version with fixed monster sizes and effects:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a87ue6aah28r6zu

You can watch the new cyberdemon fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIsU-U ... ature=plcp

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

one_Two wrote:Looks pretty awesome bro, will it have defrag style movement, like circle jumping, plasma climbing etc?
Actually i did the mod already thinking in DeFrag Style, because that the splash damage weapons don't hurt the shooter
doomwolf555 wrote: here is my version with fixed monster sizes and effects:

http://www.mediafire.com/?a87ue6aah28r6zu

You can watch the new cyberdemon fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIsU-U ... ature=plcp
I was already planning in a Add-on for this and i put it into the first post, also, why don't you just patched the mod instead of modify the internal code and reupload the whole mod again?
Last edited by Zanieon on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqua Kitty
Forum Regular
Location: Dreamland. There's a rebellion going on there and it isn't pretty.
Clan: Organization XIII

Post by Aqua Kitty » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:00 am

I don't normally check out mods besides Samsara, and I thought this was going to be another one of those over-the-top "GAWFIK" GvH bullshit mods. I must say the concept of Quake III in Doom is pretty good and this was pulled off nicely.
DooMMakU - Bullet Hell Doom
<BlakJacket> Reisen: so basically you're Uwe Boll
"The smart kids know there isn't really a line between fact and fantasy" -Ranger
Spoiler: Names I may go by ingame (Open)
Aqua Kitty
Reisen Udongein Inaba
James Frost
Cirno
Cirnobog
Cyclo-F
ARX/NG 891

Net status: Finally have a better internet plan - alive and kicking!

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Good idea to move 3D models from Q3 and Doom 3 to Doom ;) but

FATAL PROBLEMS:
1.I can't play in deathmatch, Agrrr (fix DamageFactor in your decorate -_- and etc.)
2.This font sucks. I can't see it! My eyes, Ouch
3.Hud scale bug >> hud_scale false

Fix Fix Fix Fix...
Last edited by Monsterovich on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I must admit I liked this mod more than I thought I would.

Granted, it has some serious issues with general balancing (most specifically as to playermonsters) and Zandro's model support isn't exactly flawless, but it does what it does extremely well.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Well, thanks for the compliments but as any other mod this is not perfect and as you see i still have many things to fix, like the font(some resizes needed).

About Player Monsters, the versus mode is completely optional, so it still have many issues since i am not giving much attention to it now.

Also, about Deathmatch, CTF, any other competitive mode, there is a special version to it that redefines the damage of the weapons and removes everything that isn't necessary to play a competitive mode, i put it into the first post after Music Pack.

I'm still thinking if i put the characters in the competitive mode version or not and i am opened for opinions about this.

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Sorry, this is a necro-master-blaster bump, but I see on ZDoom forums.... you will release 2.5 on 10 december ¿can we expect a zandronum version for January? also, a suggestion, put diferent skins/clases for bots (you can only fight against Doom Marine) there no need to put a diferent playstyle/behavior for them, just put some bots. I'll give this a cacoward, seriously, this MOD Bleeds playability all over the place ( *_*) (also, is phobos there too?)

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't know when i will release the 2.5 version for Zandronum, this time i used lots of new ZDoom features, probably most of them i have to remove and keep it as 2.0 because it will not have how to represent that in Zandronum, anyway if i have to only remove, it can take few days only, like 2.0 Zandro version that i released 1 day after ZDoom version, now if i have to adapt it really can take more time and you can expect a release in january.

As for the competitive version, i didn't put the characters to compensate size and also performance for player that don't have good pc to play this in a good fps.

About Phobos, don't know if i will rip the aside skins of the main Quake 3 characters, because in the 2.5 most of them have a color-configurable version now, so players can choose what color they will have in their clothes/armors.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Nice mod, very very nice, I like Quake 3 and Doom 3, what else ?

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Revilution wrote: I don't know when i will release the 2.5 version for Zandronum, this time i used lots of new ZDoom features, probably most of them i have to remove and keep it as 2.0 because it will not have how to represent that in Zandronum, anyway if i have to only remove, it can take few days only, like 2.0 Zandro version that i released 1 day after ZDoom version, now if i have to adapt it really can take more time and you can expect a release in january.

As for the competitive version, i didn't put the characters to compensate size and also performance for player that don't have good pc to play this in a good fps.

About Phobos, don't know if i will rip the aside skins of the main Quake 3 characters, because in the 2.5 most of them have a color-configurable version now, so players can choose what color they will have in their clothes/armors.
Oh I see. I played Quake 2 on PSX when i was a little kid, only a demo, but i can still remember those cibernetic dogs with stendable tongues and "!shshshs!" noises, it was my first FPS. I never played a quke after, but you are giving me nostalgia, one day I,ll buy the quake collection *_*

about characters on competitive mode, you mean we will not have selectable character for a deatmatch or cooperative? (I dont really know what is that competitive thing you say sorry)

Now I understand why you wont add Phobos, if you can change DoomGuy colors theres no need for aditional "copy" characters... also, ¿will that f...king cool enormous map about the temple be on the next version?

Keep up the good work, you are making some guys pretty happy!

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:53 am

There's 2 versions of Hunter's Moon for Zandronum, one that is the main mod, the cooperative version, and the another that is for only competitive (Deathmatch, CTF etc..) because actually the coop version redefines all damagetypes to one play don't hurt each other, also the competitive version makes all weapons do the original damage as Quake 3 (Rocket Launcher in example, does average 300 damage in coop version while in competitive does the regular 100 as in Q3).

That is the point in custom color, if you can paint your character by yourself, why another skin of it?

The Temple is the principal point of Hunter's Moon, also, the map present in the video will not come so soon, but i'm planning another to release ASAP.

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 am

Revilution wrote: There's 2 versions of Hunter's Moon for Zandronum, one that is the main mod, the cooperative version, and the another that is for only competitive (Deathmatch, CTF etc..) because actually the coop version redefines all damagetypes to one play don't hurt each other, also the competitive version makes all weapons do the original damage as Quake 3 (Rocket Launcher in example, does average 300 damage in coop version while in competitive does the regular 100 as in Q3).

That is the point in custom color, if you can paint your character by yourself, why another skin of it?

The Temple is the principal point of Hunter's Moon, also, the map present in the video will not come so soon, but i'm planning another to release ASAP.
I see, thanks for the information!!

marco75

Post by marco75 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Just ran a server with Hunter's Moon 2.0 and Scythe, impressed by the 3D models for all monsters and items... and all the Q3 characters. Amazing amount of work went into this one. I played MAP01-08 of scythe, didn't see any gameplay issues. Only a few things I could say could be improved:

- water splash effects a bit too "in your face", they obscure player's vision too much. Maybe have transparent particles instead?

- model movement is jerky, like a movie recorded at 10 FPS and played back at 30 FPS -- this is limitation of ZDoom/Zandronum source fork isn't it? They don't support tweening, still. Maybe one day...

- turn off Medal announcer and still hear "EXCELLENT" all the time.

Already very complete mod and you can't do anything about tweening, so ... well done and thank you!

There is one more thing...

there are vehicles?

P.M.: If you want to play on Australian server, PM me for time (GMT) and preferred map pack and let's playtest this bitch!

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

marco75 wrote: Just ran a server with Hunter's Moon 2.0 and Scythe, impressed by the 3D models for all monsters and items... and all the Q3 characters. Amazing amount of work went into this one. I played MAP01-08 of scythe, didn't see any gameplay issues.
Thanks and as i said before, this mod is still far from what i want.
- water splash effects a bit too "in your face", they obscure player's vision too much. Maybe have transparent particles instead?
I expected this about the gore, you are the first saying this about the water splash.
- model movement is jerky, like a movie recorded at 10 FPS and played back at 30 FPS -- this is limitation of ZDoom/Zandronum source fork isn't it? They don't support tweening, still. Maybe one day...
In this version i didn't improved much the player's model movement, but surely it is more smooth in 2.5.
- turn off Medal announcer and still hear "EXCELLENT" all the time.
Hmm here i never get this problem, but dunno because on 2.0 it uses inventory to check player's announcer customization.

Also using Give All cheat will bug the announcer and make it really annoying.
Already very complete mod and you can't do anything about tweening, so ... well done and thank you!
I try push the engine at the maximum i can within the limits of 'playable' terms.
There is one more thing...

there are vehicles?
Yep, have GEV Tank and ETQW Cyclops as vehicles, Cyclops replaces the Light Aplification Goggles and GEV Tank replaces Map Revealer.

btw dunno if you searched the mod in google, but i am actually making a wiki for it, still very incomplete, but about vehicles this can be helpfull.
P.M.: If you want to play on Australian server, PM me for time (GMT) and preferred map pack and let's playtest this bitch!
Oh boy, have much time i don't play online in Zany due to the hard development for 2.5, and still i dunno if i will include all things i want for the next version, but sure it have a great difference, and i still have to backport the 2.5 version to Zany after the oficial release for GZDoom (i used many new features from there that i have to remove/adapt to work on Zany).

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:36 am

EDIT: Old stuff AF
Last edited by Zanieon on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

marco75

Post by marco75 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:37 am

Amazing work demonstrating what the GZDoom/Zandronum engine is capable of.
Where do I get the Doom Reinforced Map Set?
I use GZDoom also, look forward to Hunter's Moon 2.5.
It will be a while before Zandronum catches up to the ZDoom code, I'm no dev, but I think it's been like that with Skulltag/Zandronum since the beginning, eventually it matches the older ZDoom feature-for-feature.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 am

You can get the Doom Reinforced Mapset here

In exception of crouchable Cyclops, all other GZDoom effects that i used is just visual, so, it will not affect so much the gameplay, but makes difference in the final.

Zanieon
Forum Regular

[WIP] RE: Hunter's Moon 2.0 (V2.5 coming soon to Zandronum)

Post by Zanieon » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Just bumping this to say, i released V2.5 fo GZDoom and now i'm already doing the all adaptations in the mod to work properly in Zandronum, sadly some features like the crouchable Cyclops i have to remove, also the all stats that the HUD shows (player's name, map timer, weapon's name etc..).