Complex Doom Invasion

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Blast88
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#261

Post by Blast88 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:39 pm

C:\) wrote:
fr blood wrote:
bruiserdaemon wrote:This is finally challenging now! Thank you for making such a good mod... however i still have to complain about tech vulcan altfire. I can often score more that 5000 points with that! Not mentioning the rain of bonus crates coming from the killing.
And here yes you are right I will nerf the damages of the altfire.
C:\) wrote:great update now its a real challenge this mod

however ttheres 2 things u need to change

1.-epic crate should give utility gun tier 4 instead of 3
2.-tier 4 gives a permanent bfg devastator which i still consider a very damn op weapon and sometimes it lags servers if they use a time freeze + rage/leg rune combo u should change it for the d-bfg
Yeah I know how strong is the devastator, but you know reaching the tier 4 utiligun is not that easy, this is why I decided to make the epic crate only reach the tier 3.
And for the D-BFG that weapon is very effective against legendary monsters/mini bosses/final bosses, it can even hit them in their invul states this is why getting it from anything else than an epic crate would make the gameplay too easy IMO.
not to mention now the utility gun everyone is spamming crates to get next tiers i think u need to nerf it to 30 secs delay for most pickups and i still insist to remove devastator from tier 4 and put demon tech 10K because theres people who dont give a shit and they use rage/leg rune, leg ammo, leg time freeze and devastator at the same time and bam instant lag and missing packets for everyone not even pressing L cant save you from that
I prefer the Devastator being in the Utility Gun over the Demon Tech BFG. Also, the D-BFG is more powerful than the Devastator and the Demon Tech BFG is already accessed by pick up or bonus crates. So we are NOT replacing the Devastator with the Demon Tech BFG. Also, it would be very weird to use the Devastator for only a limited amount of time when the D-BFG is used permanently after getting it from the epic crate.

C:\)
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#262

Post by C:\) » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Blast88 wrote:
C:\) wrote:
fr blood wrote:
bruiserdaemon wrote:This is finally challenging now! Thank you for making such a good mod... however i still have to complain about tech vulcan altfire. I can often score more that 5000 points with that! Not mentioning the rain of bonus crates coming from the killing.
And here yes you are right I will nerf the damages of the altfire.
C:\) wrote:great update now its a real challenge this mod

however ttheres 2 things u need to change

1.-epic crate should give utility gun tier 4 instead of 3
2.-tier 4 gives a permanent bfg devastator which i still consider a very damn op weapon and sometimes it lags servers if they use a time freeze + rage/leg rune combo u should change it for the d-bfg
Yeah I know how strong is the devastator, but you know reaching the tier 4 utiligun is not that easy, this is why I decided to make the epic crate only reach the tier 3.
And for the D-BFG that weapon is very effective against legendary monsters/mini bosses/final bosses, it can even hit them in their invul states this is why getting it from anything else than an epic crate would make the gameplay too easy IMO.
not to mention now the utility gun everyone is spamming crates to get next tiers i think u need to nerf it to 30 secs delay for most pickups and i still insist to remove devastator from tier 4 and put demon tech 10K because theres people who dont give a shit and they use rage/leg rune, leg ammo, leg time freeze and devastator at the same time and bam instant lag and missing packets for everyone not even pressing L cant save you from that
I prefer the Devastator being in the Utility Gun over the Demon Tech BFG. Also, the D-BFG is more powerful than the Devastator and the Demon Tech BFG is already accessed by pick up or bonus crates. So we are NOT replacing the Devastator with the Demon Tech BFG. Also, it would be very weird to use the Devastator for only a limited amount of time when the D-BFG is used permanently after getting it from the epic crate.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... 0625233338

glad to hear from blood hes going to remove it and change it for demon tech 10k and fix the bonus crates spam now everyone will have to be tryharders to get them

User avatar
bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#263

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:52 am

Apparently someone is either cheating or exploiting some game mechanics, because there is a pair of guys who get utility tie4 4 and D BFG everytime they play. In any case utility tier 4 is op.

User avatar
Blast88
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#264

Post by Blast88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:30 pm

C:\) wrote:
Blast88 wrote:
C:\) wrote:
fr blood wrote:
And here yes you are right I will nerf the damages of the altfire.



Yeah I know how strong is the devastator, but you know reaching the tier 4 utiligun is not that easy, this is why I decided to make the epic crate only reach the tier 3.
And for the D-BFG that weapon is very effective against legendary monsters/mini bosses/final bosses, it can even hit them in their invul states this is why getting it from anything else than an epic crate would make the gameplay too easy IMO.
not to mention now the utility gun everyone is spamming crates to get next tiers i think u need to nerf it to 30 secs delay for most pickups and i still insist to remove devastator from tier 4 and put demon tech 10K because theres people who dont give a shit and they use rage/leg rune, leg ammo, leg time freeze and devastator at the same time and bam instant lag and missing packets for everyone not even pressing L cant save you from that
I prefer the Devastator being in the Utility Gun over the Demon Tech BFG. Also, the D-BFG is more powerful than the Devastator and the Demon Tech BFG is already accessed by pick up or bonus crates. So we are NOT replacing the Devastator with the Demon Tech BFG. Also, it would be very weird to use the Devastator for only a limited amount of time when the D-BFG is used permanently after getting it from the epic crate.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... 0625233338

glad to hear from blood hes going to remove it and change it for demon tech 10k and fix the bonus crates spam now everyone will have to be tryharders to get them
Ah Damn it. Devastator is going to be replaced by Demon Tech BFG. Well, how about the if the player gets the Devastator from the epic crate, it would NOT be temporary as the D-BFG is more powerful than the Devastator (So therefore Devastator and d-BFG would both NOT be temporary but the Legendary BFG can still be since it's the most powerful weapon in the game). I am though fine with the tryharder of the Bonus Crate spams since people shouldn't be getting something huge (very big) easily.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France
Clan: Incredible
Clan Tag: [I]

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#265

Post by fr blood » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Well next update is coming the next week with a new map and of course balance for the utility gun tier 4, and Devastator will not be replaced by DTBFG but something else, a surprise.

User avatar
Blast88
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#266

Post by Blast88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 pm

fr blood wrote:Well next update is coming the next week with a new map and of course balance for the utility gun tier 4, and Devastator will not be replaced by DTBFG but something else, a surprise.
Well those awesome news cheered me up. And so it turns out I was wrong when I said the Demon Tech BFG is going replacing the Devastator but I sure can't for the awesome surprise for that replacement of the Devastator. :)

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom
Contact:

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#267

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:47 pm

fr blood wrote:Well next update is coming the next week with a new map and of course balance for the utility gun tier 4, and Devastator will not be replaced by DTBFG but something else, a surprise.
Image

C:\)
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#268

Post by C:\) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm

looking forward to it also glad to hear you will replace dev with tech 10k and fix the bonus crate spam on utility gun 4
bruiserdaemon wrote:Apparently someone is either cheating or exploiting some game mechanics, because there is a pair of guys who get utility tie4 4 and D BFG everytime they play. In any case utility tier 4 is op.
the news are spreading fast about that exploit

by the way blood how about you add on the next update the tank mod since tanks with that are damn useful

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom
Contact:

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#269

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:50 pm

C:\) wrote:looking forward to it also glad to hear you will replace dev with tech 10k and fix the bonus crate spam on utility gun 4

by the way blood how about you add on the next update the tank mod since tanks with that are damn useful
fr blood wrote:Well next update is coming the next week with a new map and of course balance for the utility gun tier 4, and Devastator will not be replaced by DTBFG but something else, a surprise.

User avatar
Blast88
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#270

Post by Blast88 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:07 pm

C:\) wrote:looking forward to it also glad to hear you will replace dev with tech 10k and fix the bonus crate spam on utility gun 4
bruiserdaemon wrote:Apparently someone is either cheating or exploiting some game mechanics, because there is a pair of guys who get utility tie4 4 and D BFG everytime they play. In any case utility tier 4 is op.
the news are spreading fast about that exploit

by the way blood how about you add on the next update the tank mod since tanks with that are damn useful
Now for the Utility Gun, Devastator will be replaced but it won't be replaced by the Demon Tech BFG 10k. As what Blood said at the above, the replacement for the Devastator is going to be something else and is going to be a surprise.

User avatar
☕
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm
Clan: sSs
Clan Tag: sSs

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#271

Post by ☕ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 pm

I disagree with what was said about nerfing the utility gun, nothing is wrong with how it is, to the contrary, the rate allow people to share the crates, while before they would keep them for themselves. (nice teamwork vs competitive)

I think some players here are just jealous or looking for ways to make invasion more competitive, and I don't think that's a nice thing. I remember I had a Devastator myself and another player was happy (!!!!) that I spectated by error (pushing the wrong key ................ I was offering crates to this particular player since the beginning of the game because I had utility gun tier 4, and I had offered to spectate to find monsters stuck somewhere on the last wave. No matter how nice you will be with some players on Zandronum, they will always react this way. Plus, another player asked me to spam it. So I did.

I had util gun tier 4 only two games in a row, apparently this is already enough for some to react like that.
It is not easy to get the util gun to tier 4. Please don't listen to them.

BUG #1 :
Now for the bug report I was mentionning ingame :
When you get your first backpack from a crate,
instead of picking a backpack on the floor,
you won't be able to replenish fully your ammo using ammo satchels.
In example : you won't be able to recover mines past 4/8
How to reproduce :
1) get a backpack from a crate before getting it in another way
2) pick ammo satchels
3) use some mines
4) recover mines from ammo satchels : you can't recover past 4 mines (instead of 8)

BUG #2 :
The bind for ammo satchel from the key configuration doesn't work as far as I know.

SUGGESTION :
Reinforcement cards could be made an item to pick which would go in your inventory (limited to 1 slot to prevent potential abuse). They are very annoying in spawn, they force you to exit to the field if you make a single move. Also, on the field, they can be abused to make other players warp to an unwanted location while they are fighting a boss with a power-up on. You'd be surprised at the limitless imagination deployed to annoy others. Rockets to make them fall or miss while they are shooting at legendary monsters when invulnerable (so they die when the power up ends because they couldn't kill it in time), for example. Too bad this imagination is not used for good.

Thank you for CDI again man.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France
Clan: Incredible
Clan Tag: [I]

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#272

Post by fr blood » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 am

☕ wrote:I disagree with what was said about nerfing the utility gun, nothing is wrong with how it is, to the contrary, the rate allow people to share the crates, while before they would keep them for themselves. (nice teamwork vs competitive)

I think some players here are just jealous or looking for ways to make invasion more competitive, and I don't think that's a nice thing. I remember I had a Devastator myself and another player was happy (!!!!) that I spectated by error (pushing the wrong key ................ I was offering crates to this particular player since the beginning of the game because I had utility gun tier 4, and I had offered to spectate to find monsters stuck somewhere on the last wave. No matter how nice you will be with some players on Zandronum, they will always react this way. Plus, another player asked me to spam it. So I did.

I had util gun tier 4 only two games in a row, apparently this is already enough for some to react like that.
It is not easy to get the util gun to tier 4. Please don't listen to them.

BUG #1 :
Now for the bug report I was mentionning ingame :
When you get your first backpack from a crate,
instead of picking a backpack on the floor,
you won't be able to replenish fully your ammo using ammo satchels.
In example : you won't be able to recover mines past 4/8
How to reproduce :
1) get a backpack from a crate before getting it in another way
2) pick ammo satchels
3) use some mines
4) recover mines from ammo satchels : you can't recover past 4 mines (instead of 8)

BUG #2 :
The bind for ammo satchel from the key configuration doesn't work as far as I know.

SUGGESTION :
Reinforcement cards could be made an item to pick which would go in your inventory (limited to 1 slot to prevent potential abuse). They are very annoying in spawn, they force you to exit to the field if you make a single move. Also, on the field, they can be abused to make other players warp to an unwanted location while they are fighting a boss with a power-up on. You'd be surprised at the limitless imagination deployed to annoy others. Rockets to make them fall or miss while they are shooting at legendary monsters when invulnerable (so they die when the power up ends because they couldn't kill it in time), for example. Too bad this imagination is not used for good.

Thank you for CDI again man.
Thank for your suggestion, about the Backpack the problem is here since the begining to be honest I have no idea on how I could fix it and for the Utility Gun tier 4 sorry but I must "FIX" it and not "NERF" it, because in the last update I removed by error the delay between the crates, because yeah they are right it's too op man. And for your idea of sharing stuff with other players you can still give them all lots of items with that utility gun and even weapons/ammo/health which is sure enought IMO. And for your reinforcement card hmm I will think of it for the next update.

Anyway guys v0.99 is out with a new map CDM15 enjoy!

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom
Contact:

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#273

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:47 am

fr blood wrote:
Anyway guys v0.99 is out with a new map CDM15 enjoy!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
☕
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm
Clan: sSs
Clan Tag: sSs

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#274

Post by ☕ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:47 am

Back to competitive mode I guess, I'm happy I kept v0.98h, so I can teamwork with myself.
"I love Zandronum"....

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France
Clan: Incredible
Clan Tag: [I]

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#275

Post by fr blood » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:17 pm

☕ wrote:Back to competitive mode I guess, I'm happy I kept v0.98h, so I can teamwork with myself.
"I love Zandronum"....
If your "cooperation" view is only based on the Utility Gun then yes of course I can maybe somehow understand such a comment. :rolleyes:

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom
Contact:

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#276

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:39 pm

The Nuke Gun is a PURE boss killer but useless against anything else~

User avatar
☕
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm
Clan: sSs
Clan Tag: sSs

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#277

Post by ☕ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:05 pm

fr blood wrote:
☕ wrote:Back to competitive mode I guess, I'm happy I kept v0.98h, so I can teamwork with myself.
"I love Zandronum"....
If your "cooperation" view is only based on the Utility Gun then yes of course I can maybe somehow understand such a comment. :rolleyes:
said the guy who just received a bug report. " :rolleyes: "

Another thing :
You can loose lives in spawn. Seems absurd.

New gun :
The "Erasmus" gun doesn't give much clue it's charging, at first it's confusing. I was firing and it did nothing, so I started moving, and poof, weapons fires on its own. It should be glowing at the tip or something. (and yeah, I have noticed the power bars on the side "in the end")

It's charging way too long in comparison with it's power ... it's not a Devastator nor a Legendary BFG.

Plus it's ugly. I bet you like my cooperation better now :)

Gadosen
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#278

Post by Gadosen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm having some problems to load the maps... am I missing a file or something like that?
PS: I'm loading everything in the correct order using Zandronum 2.1.2

User avatar
☕
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm
Clan: sSs
Clan Tag: sSs

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#279

Post by ☕ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:14 pm

what does the console say ?

Gadosen
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#280

Post by Gadosen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:09 pm

☕ wrote:what does the console say ?
In the Zandronum console barely anything at all... but when you start the game... all the walls are just white and green pixels... and in the console game a lot of errors with the textures :hmm:

Post Reply