Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:17 pm

theundeadsoldierx9 wrote:
fr blood wrote:The tank mode addon seems to be doing a lot of updates, I guess it's enought for you guys.
these tank addon are cancer we want a true cdi update so bad blood D:
I approve~

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Well that was a joke, the reason why I'm afk is because of studies wihch gives me short free time used by my new computer which gives me opportunities to test the most recent games.
So you must understand that I don't have the time to mode with Zandronum anymore.

I also don't have the motivation especially when I open Doom Explorer and see all complex doom server with the wad list which is too long IMO.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:51 am

fr blood wrote:Well that was a joke, the reason why I'm afk is because of studies wihch gives me short free time used by my new computer which gives me opportunities to test the most recent games.
So you must understand that I don't have the time to mode with Zandronum anymore.

I also don't have the motivation especially when I open Doom Explorer and see all complex doom server with the wad list which is too long IMO.
Well, we'll just be patient for the next version of Complex Doom Invasion to come out.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:32 am

It's gonna be a loooong wait for next complex doom invasion update but just one question for you blood are you really planning on continue the complex doom invasion? cause i started doing the new spec ops zombies.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Well I will for sure not let your work be done for nothing, so yes it could be reason for me to make an update some days.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:49 am

fr blood wrote:Well I will for sure not let your work be done for nothing, so yes it could be reason for me to make an update some days.
Aight good to know :biggrin: :v:

CaptainGreninja

Post by CaptainGreninja » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:23 am

Complex Doom Invasion isn't working for me. I load the exact same mods as the server, but when I try to connect in Doomseeker it states that "Protect lump authentication failed: please make sure you are using the same mods as the server."
Undertale is the North American release of Mother 3.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:54 am

Maybe something is in your skins folder that shouldn't be.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

CaptainGreninja

Post by CaptainGreninja » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Empyre wrote:Maybe something is in your skins folder that shouldn't be.
Whenever I use Doomseeker I always make sure there is nothing in my skins folder since Doomseeker automatically loads the same files that the server has. So that isn't the problem.

In the commands bar when the client matches its wads/pk3s with the server's, the wads themselves are identical but Complex Doom's letter-number code after the file name is different than the one for the server. If this is what's causing the problem, I have no idea how to go about fixing it as I'm loading the correct files. Not to mention I have no idea what those letter-number codes succeeding the file names even mean.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:28 pm

CaptainGreninja wrote:
Empyre wrote:Maybe something is in your skins folder that shouldn't be.
Whenever I use Doomseeker I always make sure there is nothing in my skins folder since Doomseeker automatically loads the same files that the server has. So that isn't the problem.

In the commands bar when the client matches its wads/pk3s with the server's, the wads themselves are identical but Complex Doom's letter-number code after the file name is different than the one for the server. If this is what's causing the problem, I have no idea how to go about fixing it as I'm loading the correct files. Not to mention I have no idea what those letter-number codes succeeding the file names even mean.
Delete ALL of the files required by the server and re-download them thru Doomseeker.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:17 pm

https://gyazo.com/f4c345a6c76f8b58f9e6b3622f8fd52d I'll leave this here (yeah ik the others spec ops like the assault rifle and the others one are not here cause i didn't planned how to do them yet) but here are the new spec ops progress so far

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:22 am

CaptainGreninja wrote:Complex Doom Invasion isn't working for me. I load the exact same mods as the server, but when I try to connect in Doomseeker it states that "Protect lump authentication failed: please make sure you are using the same mods as the server."
I've been seeing a lot of players failing this in console, appears one of the file hosts for wadseeker has an incorrect or corrupted version. Check the checksum numbers and delete the files that have mismatching numbers.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:59 pm

DR_FUZZY wrote:
CaptainGreninja wrote:Complex Doom Invasion isn't working for me. I load the exact same mods as the server, but when I try to connect in Doomseeker it states that "Protect lump authentication failed: please make sure you are using the same mods as the server."
I've been seeing a lot of players failing this in console, appears one of the file hosts for wadseeker has an incorrect or corrupted version. Check the checksum numbers and delete the files that have mismatching numbers.
I think this is a result of the download mirrors sites not truly being mirrors of each other. I think dogsoft.net is messing with the files, and that's where some of your files were downloaded from while other files were downloaded from a different mirror site.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:31 am

arkore wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote:
I think this is a result of the download mirrors sites not truly being mirrors of each other. I think dogsoft.net is messing with the files, and that's where some of your files were downloaded from while other files were downloaded from a different mirror site.
This is why you should always use a different file name for each version of a file that you release, so there does not exist two files with different contents but the same file name. This has become a pet peeve of mine.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

The files are exactly the same on both mirrors (same content), yet one of the mirrors is messing with the file.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:20 am

Medical studies took all my time sorry for not updating it anymore, even thought I got plenty of maps in my mind.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 am

fr blood wrote:Medical studies took all my time sorry for not updating it anymore, even thought I got plenty of maps in my mind.
Well. It looks like we have to wait a while more. So that means you can update this awesome Complex Doom level pack when you're on vacation from your Medical Studies.

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:55 pm

I don't know what to say, last time i played i was so full of stuff i don't even know what to do. Custom deck full ammo, utility gun tier 3, prototype mech, ultra spheres coming down like rain from bonus crates... but i admit that in a couple of unlucky runs with bad players i got blasted away with ease.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Alright I managed to get some free time, so I will make in the week a quick update for balance and compatibility with the current lca 1.5.8.
And then other update will bring new maps in the next months.

EDIT: v0.98e is out!

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:11 pm

fr blood wrote:Alright I managed to get some free time, so I will make in the week a quick update for balance and compatibility with the current lca 1.5.8.
And then other update will bring new maps in the next months.

EDIT: v0.98e is out!

I was just playing your older version and gonna play it again in order to see changes...