Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by fr blood » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

DR_FUZZY wrote:Blood, I've found a bug with the plasma tank rail gun projectile: it uses +thruspecies instead of +mthruspecies so it will detonate on players.
Understood I'm gonna fix that in next update. You must still be careful about bugs which happen only with mechs since the server running CDI use an addon for them.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:15 pm

I quite enjoyed your level pack Blood. The other day, I was finally able to load it properly using notepad and batch. Now for your next update, the amount of monsters should be reduced a bit for many certain maps (example: CDM04) because for certain computers whenever there's very many monsters in a map, it will really lag. Now about the map, CDMBOSS, the sky ceiling in the middle and one of the outside windowed areas in the upper area needs to be showing the space skybox. Also, I would love it if you added the word "Tempest" into CDM12's name so it would make more sense. Now about "Unification" By Nemesistheory, please use the full version of it instead of the shorten version of it because the full version of it is more epic. Hell, one of my wads uses the full version of Unification music by Nemesistheory. So this has been my recent response to Complex Doom Invasion. Have a good day Blood. :) :)))

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Some bugs to report: I got stuck at the gray and blue room in Wave 7. CDM01 goes after CDM13. There's a texture error on the scrolling wall in the pink skinned room in CDM05. Also, in the reinforcement room in CDMBOSS, some sky areas aren't matching to the skybox. So you can fix all those bugs I reported.

Also, I hope you're adding music for CDM11's boss monster and I would love it if CDM12's boss monster is spawning only Baron of Hell type monsters when losing some certain amounts of health during the boss fight.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Thank you for your help, since lca 1.5.8 is done I will in some weeks try to make a new update with fixes and a new map, but you guys will have to be patient I've lost a lot of interest in Zandronum in the past months.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:49 pm

Blast88 wrote:Some bugs to report: I got stuck at the gray and blue room in Wave 7. CDM01 goes after CDM13. There's a texture error on the scrolling wall in the pink skinned room in CDM05. Also, in the reinforcement room in CDMBOSS, some sky areas aren't matching to the skybox. So you can fix all those bugs I reported.

Also, I hope you're adding music for CDM11's boss monster and I would love it if CDM12's boss monster is spawning only Baron of Hell type monsters when losing some certain amounts of health during the boss fight.
nah the music of CDM11 fits with the bossfight

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:55 pm

Skeleton wrote:
Blast88 wrote:Some bugs to report: I got stuck at the gray and blue room in Wave 7. CDM01 goes after CDM13. There's a texture error on the scrolling wall in the pink skinned room in CDM05. Also, in the reinforcement room in CDMBOSS, some sky areas aren't matching to the skybox. So you can fix all those bugs I reported.

nah the music of CDM11 fits with the bossfight
Actually I think its best for CDM11 boss monster to have its unique music just like all the other monster bosses. Perhaps CDM11's boss can have Megaman type music.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:57 pm

megaman :happyface: ??

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:03 am

Skeleton wrote:megaman :happyface: ??
Yes. It sure can have a soundtrack from any of the Megaman X games.

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:59 pm

I played this for countless hours and it's rather addictive. On a side note though, it tends to become rather easy with good players. The plasma tank is too powerful expecially the railgun attack.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:29 pm

bruiserdaemon wrote:I played this for countless hours and it's rather addictive. On a side note though, it tends to become rather easy with good players. The plasma tank is too powerful expecially the railgun attack.
Any Vehicle with Drain rune is powerful, however the Plasma Tank IS more powerful then the Mech

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:17 am

bruiserdaemon wrote:I played this for countless hours and it's rather addictive. On a side note though, it tends to become rather easy with good players. The plasma tank is too powerful expecially the railgun attack.
This is probably because you played on the server with the addon buffing the tanks, I don't really know what that addon buff, but yeah it makes the gameplay more easy.

And for the combo Mech + Drain Rune, I see only one option, make the Drain Rune as rare as the Legendary Rune.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 am

fr blood wrote:
This is probably because you played on the server with the addon buffing the tanks, I don't really know what that addon buff, but yeah it makes the gameplay more easy.

And for the combo Mech + Drain Rune, I see only one option, make the Drain Rune as rare as the Legendary Rune.
I play Vanilla offline Complex Invasion with LCA and the advantage is the same.

Just because its good with something doesn't mean you have to make it rare because it can easily be acquired thru the Open Deck (I keep my deck safe thru entire level so I can get runes after respawning)

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm

fr blood wrote: This is probably because you played on the server with the addon buffing the tanks, I don't really know what that addon buff, but yeah it makes the gameplay more easy.

Uhm let me put it this way: a good player with plasma tank can wreck everything pretty much alone. If you get runes then it's overkill.

And yes, it's more powerful than the prototype mech as someone pointed out already.

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:27 pm

fr blood wrote:

The add-on hasn't added anything to the plasma tank yet aside from a crushing ability and a fix for the railgun detonating on players.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:45 pm

Complex Doom Invasion update pls make it happend D:

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

The tank mode addon seems to be doing a lot of updates, I guess it's enought for you guys.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:20 pm

fr blood wrote:The tank mode addon seems to be doing a lot of updates, I guess it's enought for you guys.
What do you mean it's enough? Are you referring to the tanks addon?
Last edited by Blast98 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 pm

(sigh)

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:05 pm

When 5 or more players join, a sort of hard mode activates and invasion gates open, allowing a lot more monsters to spawn and it makes up a nice challenge even with tanks. The problem is when there are less than 5 players, or i manage to get strenght/rage/legendary rune and a tank ( and it happens more than once ), even dtech bfg is quite ridicolous coupled with runes.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:35 am

fr blood wrote:The tank mode addon seems to be doing a lot of updates, I guess it's enought for you guys.
these tank addon are cancer we want a true cdi update so bad blood D: