Complex Doom Invasion

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#341

Post by Blast88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 pm

fr blood wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am
I agree with him Epic Crates should and will be more rare in the future, if an update comes out a day.
I will be honest, even with Zandronum 3.0, since we already had tons of beta, my enjoyment was only for a week but my boreness is still present.
Smaller community, always playing the same mods, that is annoying, which explain why you don't see me around often like before because I litteraly lost interest on Zandronum both in game and modding/mapping.

I prefer to use the small free time of mine on modding at something else than Zandronum.

Especially with that new "bull shit" addon(yeah this is the right word) called "Insane Mode" made by ForestMark, which is nothing but a mess, thank you for starting the damn addon cancer here.
I would call it a metastasis from the primary cancer affecting complex doom and lca.
You know what, I think I would find it a good idea to nerf even more the chances of epic crates because notice that with so many players (I myself haven't played on the CDI servers yet though), there would probably be too many players being given special rewards as well as players looking kind of too overpowered. Now when does a new update come? Many stuff in the current version are still buggy and CDI needs to become compatible with the current LCA version (unless you want to wait until v1.6.0 of LCA comes out).

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#342

Post by C:\) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 pm

fr blood wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am
I agree with him Epic Crates should and will be more rare in the future, if an update comes out a day.
I will be honest, even with Zandronum 3.0, since we already had tons of beta, my enjoyment was only for a week but my boreness is still present.
Smaller community, always playing the same mods, that is annoying, which explain why you don't see me around often like before because I litteraly lost interest on Zandronum both in game and modding/mapping.

I prefer to use the small free time of mine on modding at something else than Zandronum.

Especially with that new "bull shit" addon(yeah this is the right word) called "Insane Mode" made by ForestMark, which is nothing but a mess, thank you for starting the damn addon cancer here.
I would call it a metastasis from the primary cancer affecting complex doom and lca.
i dont think you need to do so much update just make epic crates no more dropable and no chance to get from bonus crates, just killing cyberdemons/spider variants, all legs and Nazi subbosses

User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#343

Post by Blast88 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 am

C:\) wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:13 pm
fr blood wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am
I agree with him Epic Crates should and will be more rare in the future, if an update comes out a day.
I will be honest, even with Zandronum 3.0, since we already had tons of beta, my enjoyment was only for a week but my boreness is still present.
Smaller community, always playing the same mods, that is annoying, which explain why you don't see me around often like before because I litteraly lost interest on Zandronum both in game and modding/mapping.

I prefer to use the small free time of mine on modding at something else than Zandronum.

Especially with that new "bull shit" addon(yeah this is the right word) called "Insane Mode" made by ForestMark, which is nothing but a mess, thank you for starting the damn addon cancer here.
I would call it a metastasis from the primary cancer affecting complex doom and lca.
i dont think you need to do so much update just make epic crates no more dropable and no chance to get from bonus crates, just killing cyberdemons/spider variants, all legs and Nazi subbosses
Honestly, there's much more updates to be needed because there's still many bugs for one example.

∞Phantasm
New User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#344

Post by ∞Phantasm » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Needs a proper download link I think. Maybe package it yourself as the current one doesn't work.

SmashingYourFace
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:36 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#345

Post by SmashingYourFace » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:00 am

Couple things that's been annoying be since I started playing this wad over a year ago.

People being able to fist/chainsaw your sentries/marines, and people who I've seen stay in the waiting room for over half a level farming crates. You really shouldn't get crates in the waiting room.

Other than those two I love the wad man.

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#346

Post by C:\) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm

just wondering why you didnt upgrade this with lca 1.5.9 and complex 27a?

User avatar
arkore
Forum Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#347

Post by arkore » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm

C:\) wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm
just wondering why you didnt upgrade this with lca 1.5.9 and complex 27a?
I remember Blood mentioning a specific reason for not updating; a disagreement with some of the changes LCA 1.5.9 made.

With regard to fixing Complex Doom Invasion w/ LCA 1.5.8 for Complex 27a, you can load this patch after loading the lca pk3.

Without Complex Doom Invasion (stand-alone LCA w/ Complex 27a), you can load this patch.

lkhrizl
Registered just to make one post
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#348

Post by lkhrizl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 pm

any plans for new changes or this mod its already over of updates?

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#349

Post by C:\) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm

arkore wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm
just wondering why you didnt upgrade this with lca 1.5.9 and complex 27a?
I remember Blood mentioning a specific reason for not updating; a disagreement with some of the changes LCA 1.5.9 made.

With regard to fixing Complex Doom Invasion w/ LCA 1.5.8 for Complex 27a, you can load this patch after loading the lca pk3.

Without Complex Doom Invasion (stand-alone LCA w/ Complex 27a), you can load this patch.
sad to hear
if its not possible to get the new weapons like the demon tech railgun, at least blood could change the Tech Eramus to make it work the same way
fire and recharge instead of recharge and fire

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#350

Post by fr blood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Yo I'm just done with modding in Zandronum for now, don't expect any update before at least february 2018.
And because of the few time I'll have in that period I will prefer to make some new maps than waste my time at updating the mod to the current lca or cd which are in my opinion all but necessary.

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#351

Post by C:\) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:03 pm

fr blood wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:13 pm
Yo I'm just done with modding in Zandronum for now, don't expect any update before at least february 2018.
And because of the few time I'll have in that period I will prefer to make some new maps than waste my time at updating the mod to the current lca or cd which are in my opinion all but necessary.
Looking forward to it
as for the new maps
CDMTRUEBOSS = Legendary icon of sin xD

User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#352

Post by Blast88 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm

C:\) wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm
arkore wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm
just wondering why you didnt upgrade this with lca 1.5.9 and complex 27a?
I remember Blood mentioning a specific reason for not updating; a disagreement with some of the changes LCA 1.5.9 made.

With regard to fixing Complex Doom Invasion w/ LCA 1.5.8 for Complex 27a, you can load this patch after loading the lca pk3.

Without Complex Doom Invasion (stand-alone LCA w/ Complex 27a), you can load this patch.
sad to hear
if its not possible to get the new weapons like the demon tech railgun, at least blood could change the Tech Eramus to make it work the same way
fire and recharge instead of recharge and fire
Now I believe that the Tech Eramus is probabky going to be replaced by the Damon Tech Railgun and I also believe that acting the new weapon from LCA would still work for Complex Doom Invasion. But anyways, will sure wait for a while about the CDI update before Februrary 2018 (as what Blood said since he's quite busy with other things right now).

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#353

Post by C:\) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 am

Blast88 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm
C:\) wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm
arkore wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 pm
just wondering why you didnt upgrade this with lca 1.5.9 and complex 27a?
I remember Blood mentioning a specific reason for not updating; a disagreement with some of the changes LCA 1.5.9 made.

With regard to fixing Complex Doom Invasion w/ LCA 1.5.8 for Complex 27a, you can load this patch after loading the lca pk3.

Without Complex Doom Invasion (stand-alone LCA w/ Complex 27a), you can load this patch.
sad to hear
if its not possible to get the new weapons like the demon tech railgun, at least blood could change the Tech Eramus to make it work the same way
fire and recharge instead of recharge and fire
Now I believe that the Tech Eramus is probabky going to be replaced by the Damon Tech Railgun and I also believe that acting the new weapon from LCA would still work for Complex Doom Invasion. But anyways, will sure wait for a while about the CDI update before Februrary 2018 (as what Blood said since he's quite busy with other things right now).
or he could make it work like a mega man buster
hold fire button and release to fire

User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#354

Post by Blast88 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:58 am

C:\) wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 am
Blast88 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:47 pm
C:\) wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:41 pm
arkore wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm


I remember Blood mentioning a specific reason for not updating; a disagreement with some of the changes LCA 1.5.9 made.

With regard to fixing Complex Doom Invasion w/ LCA 1.5.8 for Complex 27a, you can load this patch after loading the lca pk3.

Without Complex Doom Invasion (stand-alone LCA w/ Complex 27a), you can load this patch.
sad to hear
if its not possible to get the new weapons like the demon tech railgun, at least blood could change the Tech Eramus to make it work the same way
fire and recharge instead of recharge and fire
Now I believe that the Tech Eramus is probabky going to be replaced by the Damon Tech Railgun and I also believe that acting the new weapon from LCA would still work for Complex Doom Invasion. But anyways, will sure wait for a while about the CDI update before Februrary 2018 (as what Blood said since he's quite busy with other things right now).
or he could make it work like a mega man buster
hold fire button and release to fire
I think that sounds like a good idea to make it a mega man buster like weapon with it having completely new sprites instead of the one from Russian Overkill while we still add the Demon Tech Railgun. The Tech Eramus could also use regular cells instead of regular cells and the Rail Arachnotron can use the Demon Tech Railgun projectile instead.

User avatar
bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#355

Post by bruiserdaemon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm

I kind of fell in love with this mod a long time ago, so i will try to be honest as much as i can about it. What i find a bit nonsensical is that the new waves and harder bosses added in the recent versions are over compensated by the abundance of bonus items and weapons, runes and tanks... i don't know if it was intentional but the game is now actually easier than it used to be. In short there is a problem with bonus crates, expecially epic ones. Last time i played i got 3 epic crates on the first wave for some reason, which allowed me to cheese through the waves with extreme ease. In the end the server crashed because i abused d bfg alt fire a bit too much lol... to be honest, i liked this mod more when it was a bit less about overpowered items and more about team coordination and survival skill.

Anyway i thank fr blood for this mod which is always enjoyable, regardless of the game balance

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#356

Post by C:\) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

bruiserdaemon wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:56 pm
I kind of fell in love with this mod a long time ago, so i will try to be honest as much as i can about it. What i find a bit nonsensical is that the new waves and harder bosses added in the recent versions are over compensated by the abundance of bonus items and weapons, runes and tanks... i don't know if it was intentional but the game is now actually easier than it used to be. In short there is a problem with bonus crates, expecially epic ones. Last time i played i got 3 epic crates on the first wave for some reason, which allowed me to cheese through the waves with extreme ease. In the end the server crashed because i abused d bfg alt fire a bit too much lol... to be honest, i liked this mod more when it was a bit less about overpowered items and more about team coordination and survival skill.

Anyway i thank fr blood for this mod which is always enjoyable, regardless of the game balance
i agree about the bonus crates i also got some epics on early waves got OP and crashed the server a lot of times
it needs a serious nerf the epic crates and some items from bonus crates like the luck and leg rune to be only available on epic crates
and i haven been thinking how about instead of getting the utility gun on bonus crates to be a support class with the weakness that you cant use nothing more than the utilitygun

User avatar
bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#357

Post by bruiserdaemon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:36 pm

C:\) wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am
i agree about the bonus crates i also got some epics on early waves got OP and crashed the server a lot of times
it needs a serious nerf the epic crates and some items from bonus crates like the luck and leg rune to be only available on epic crates
Well you see, this game often results in some players becoming extremely OP at some point, thanks to bonus crates. In this scenario there are one or two overpowered kids who do all the killing, while the other guys can only give very moderate support. This is when the game becomes boring, and some people will even quit because they see there is no point to play.
and i haven been thinking how about instead of getting the utility gun on bonus crates to be a support class with the weakness that you cant use nothing more than the utilitygun
This is a good idea too. The game could become very interesting with different classes to play, maybe there could be 2, one support and one who does the fight with weapons.

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 972
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#358

Post by fr blood » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Sorry for the troubles but some people managed to find out my special secret reserved for test allowing you to get bonus crates far more easily making them op as hell. This should be the main reason of your problem.

But I am still going to lower the chances of getting crates in next updates, because after all the items already in the map give you the necessary material to finish the entire level if you are skilled enought.

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#359

Post by C:\) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 pm

bruiserdaemon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Well you see, this game often results in some players becoming extremely OP at some point, thanks to bonus crates. In this scenario there are one or two overpowered kids who do all the killing, while the other guys can only give very moderate support. This is when the game becomes boring, and some people will even quit because they see there is no point to play.
thats why i no longer played that mod for about 2 weeks you get op very fast in the early waves when suddenly a epic crate spawn and done you are OP
also some items on the bonus crates should be removed like the luck and leg rune since you can get them on the epic crates like the "demon rune,luck rune,supplybox" combo and the "legendary items" combo
This is a good idea too. The game could become very interesting with different classes to play, maybe there could be 2, one support and one who does the fight with weapons.
complex doom invasion with classes = my dream come true
fr blood wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 pm
Sorry for the troubles but some people managed to find out my special secret reserved for test allowing you to get bonus crates far more easily making them op as hell. This should be the main reason of your problem.

But I am still going to lower the chances of getting crates in next updates, because after all the items already in the map give you the necessary material to finish the entire level if you are skilled enought.
and why dont you remove that special secret?
Last edited by C:\) on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
C:\)
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

#360

Post by C:\) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm

yo blood dont let this mod die its by far the most played of all even better than the overrated and boring BD
and if you add a support class like i said on my comments before it would be more better

Post Reply