Drife : a small project that needs help

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
CleffFernBurner
New User

Drife : a small project that needs help

Post by CleffFernBurner » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 pm

first of all, hi, this is the first post i make, its about a modification of doom, that is being made by me and a friend (DeXiaZ), we actually need help with maps, we aren't that good with them, here are some pics from the project:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Information About The mod:
Weapons
[spoiler]1.- Punch Dagger and fist, a fusion of strife and doom meleé attacks.
2.- EM Pistol, a (Powerfull for now) weak pistol that fires electric Bullets.
3.- CrossBow, a crossbow that fires iron bolts (Got it from realm 667, im preparing a list of 3rd's, including the guy that made the crossbow).
3.5- Explosive Crossbow, a special crossbow that can fire explosive bolts.
4.- Shotgun, A special shotgun aquired by defeating the second boss.
5.- Machinegun, heavy machinegun dropped by the first boss.
6.- Imp hands, always there, but no ammo at the beginning, im sure you know what it does.
7.- Railgun, a railgun you get from the third boss.
8.- Devastator of Worlds, you can only use it in the final battle.[/spoiler]
Enemies
[spoiler]All the (ex)human enemies use doom marine sprite, with translation so that you know their "Rank", also, there is a special version of the pain elemental (Death elemental), that is unfinished at the momment, but it's decided how it will behave, expect humans, ex-humans, aliens and demons.[/spoiler]
Other info
[spoiler]Character: the main character is "Linda", a female daughter of doomguy
Story: too big for this
How much of the mod is done: not counting the maps, 6 % of the mod is finished.
How many people is working at it?:
1.-Me, Zerker (Cleff/Modelcf) (i made all the code)
2.-DXZ (thanks to him graphics and visuals are better, and he gave several ideas for mod and story)[/spoiler]

Other people:
-Evil Space Tomato and NeoWorm for the Iron CrossBow
-It's not from Xaser, they where made with strife player sprites.

If you wanna join our dropbox folder, PM me, and here is a link with the mod:
Last edited by CleffFernBurner on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Drife : a small project that needs help

Post by TerminusEst13 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:18 pm

This...really doesn't seem 60% finished.
It doesn't really seem 10% finished.

None of the weapons have any decals, you have mismatched hands and choppy animations, the shotgun and machine gun look far too similar, the DoW can be fired a grand total of once, the shotgun guys are dropping crossbows, Linda's sound effects are still male and her sprites are just a female head pasted on PsyGuy's (did you ask permission from Xaser?) body, opening map01 gets you an error because the map has no vertices...and that's just first impressions.
Titlescreen is nice, though.

I would sincerely sincerely suggest going back and reworking everything, because at the moment this seems like a very early alpha.
Take a look at other weapon/gameplay mods and look at what makes them fun and entertaining. Take notes and don't be afraid to put in some extra effort. It'll be difficult, but worth it.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CleffFernBurner
New User

Post by CleffFernBurner » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 pm

sorry, i just discovered that someguy was using somekind of spy program and trolled the pk3, i will try to see if i have a backup, i dont like this kind trollings, and i suppose DXZ asked Xaser about that.

For the horrible gun hands, i was working on that, its hard when you are not a good spriter, and dxz was doing other sprites at that time, thanks for your constructive critique, and the 60 % was a mistake, i must re-add decals and everything that was deleted by the troll
Last edited by CleffFernBurner on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devonizer
New User

Post by Devonizer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 am

I love the player sprites, why is the player class named bird?
also will there be replacements for more than zombiemen?
maybe you could add purple and white doomguys.

CleffFernBurner
New User

Post by CleffFernBurner » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 am

devonizer, im working on more doomguys, some replacing shotgunguys and chaingunners, the name of the class, is because int he story, linda nick was Bird, and at the ending, ehh, en of spoiler