Behead The Undead : Revitalized

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Monsoon

Behead The Undead : Revitalized

Post by Monsoon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 am

Behead the Undead started back in 2008 as a small minigame that Captain Toenail made back in the days of the SkullTag Forums it was based on the TimeSplitters Challenge of the same name he worked in it and ended up releasing two small maps for it that were little more than shooting galleries...

Sadly enough he ended up abandoning it and I myself not wanting to see it die, picked it up and worked on it.

It wasn't until just recently that i rediscovered it in my projects folder and after giving it a whirl decided to revamp it.

Download Link : Behead The Undead Beta 12.2

My revamp brings quite a few things:
  • A nice and big new map courtesy of Batandy.
  • Three new guns with Two more planned.
  • Four variants of Scientist Zombie with head shot deaths.
  • "Special" Infected No, not Smokers, Boomers or shit like that, this isnt Left 4 Dead.
  • Three more new maps each with an cruel twist to wrap up games that drag on for too long...
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Spoiler: Credits (Open)
Valve - L4D1 Truck

Props and item artists

Gothic
Dolphman
Lucario
Captain Awesome
Ceeb

Batandy : For allowing me to use the map

Captain Toenail : Original Author - Abandoned shortly after he started it

FreeRadical Design (RIP) : For the original Behead the Undead Challenge

Sgt. Shivers : Punisher and Malefactor Sprite Edits

TheRailGunner : K-61 Sprites and Sounds

MagSigmaX : Casings

Marty Kirra, Wild Weasel : The Judgement Mk.2 the was used to make The Punisher

Solarsnowfall, Tormentor667, Ghastly_Dragon : Fire Spawner

ETTiNGRiNDER : Impaled and Crucified Corpse Varients

Gothic : NecroDoom Tombstones

SonicHD_87 : Simple gore mod sans decals...

Scalliano Scientist Zombies
Last edited by Monsoon on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

RE: Behead The Undead : Revitalized

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:29 pm

NO ANY SCREENSHOTS = I will not play this
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:21 am

I tried this out and here are some of my suggestions/complaints:

-You really should warn autoaim users (and yes they still exist) to turn it off so they can aim for the head and kill the zombie.
-In the map, the zombies tend to get stuck in groups if you haven't fired to alarm them. You can do a quick open-restart script to constantly warn the zombies.
-I haven't seen any of the special infected. If they are a planned feature then sure.

Other than that, I guess this has potential.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Neko, as soon as a get my recording software unfucked im going to make a gameplay video

I'm actually taking suggestions for specials, I have only one real requirement, it needs to have a headshot death animation because I am no in no way a sprite artist.

Right now I have a quad shot zombie that spawns in pairs every two minutes behind the gas station.

Planned Specials:
Twitcher : A kind of "super zombie" that is constantly moving at a heightened pace compared to the slow walking of the others he will be hard to take down because of this.

Faceplate: You guys had to know an enemy like this was coming since a headshot is the only way to kill them but their protected from the front by a tungsten faceplate...

and as I said before I'm taking up to 3 more suggestions because i wan't to have up to 6 specials

I'm also looking for people Who'd be interested in mapping for this as i didn't make this map, Batandy allowed me to use it

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sun May 10, 2015 6:20 pm

How about a Spitter Zombie?

Captain Toenail

Post by Captain Toenail » Sun May 10, 2015 6:51 pm

2008? That was 7 years ago, wow.

Good luck with this. :smile:

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 am

Tomorrow at 6:00EST I'll be hosting a server to test out B12.1 those that join will be features in the gameplay video that gets uploaded to show what the mod looks like

Changed the high compression Vorbis Music out for ambient/creepy SPC tracks

Fixed several bugs in the ACS and one on the 2nd map where the zombies were unable to pass through a force field that was meant to keep players from going into their spawn area

Optimized the first map by Batandy by removing the fire from the tunnel barricades it doesn't look as ominous but hey I'll take more frames over pretty effects :P

Monsoon

Re: Behead The Undead : Revitalized

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 pm

So, for a long time this was a dead project simply because I had lost my file and at the time BestEver's filehost was gone. I recently found an archive that had the last version of my mod on it this being 12.2... so I'm happy to say Behead the Undead is coming back, with a vengeance.

I plan for:

- A completely Revamped Arsenal that is based around each map, 5 guns plus one throwable for each area,
- A Greater Variety of beheadable foes, not just zombies but mutants as well
- More than one fucking map.

Also, before you bitch about me necrobumping this thread, do remember that this is my project thread. If I want to excitedly revive this project after discovering that all my hard work is in fact, NOT dead in the water I will do just that.

All this said, Cheers!

-Monsoon