Brink Mod [v1.2]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Brink Mod [v1.2]

Post by Monsterovich » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Monsterovich's production pr3sentz:
comic sans must die!
I made this project for playing PvP gamemodes like DM or LMS. I don't know the game main concept. I just used these rips for making my wad. Currently, there are 10 weapons and 4 items for use!

Download data
Download code

I recommend to enable Linear Texture Filtering, spires looks really better (for me).

Screenshots:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Tips:
- Use alternative fire to aim. On most weapons it decreses bullet spread by a half, but reduces your moving speed.
- Hold shift to run 2x faster. Remember that this decreses your stamina, jump takes your stamina too.
- When you are running, hold crouch button to slide.
- Use double jump to activate rocket jets. "I believe I can fly!" (c)

Defaults controls:
B - open inventory menu (W, S - switch inventory selection, A, D - switch inventory section, Left mouse click - choose weapon or item, Right click (or I) - close menu dialog)
G - throw a grenade
R - reload current weapon
Last edited by Monsterovich on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medicris
Forum Regular

RE: Brink Mod [v1.1]

Post by Medicris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Screenshots are broken. Trying to view the image url itself redirects to a page with the image on it.
Last edited by Medicris on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:48 pm

THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Should be fixed now.

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi, I played the mod today with some random guys on the server and there was some weird error - when I tried to throw grenade, it got stuck and I could only throw grenades until my death. I also had unlimited grenades for some reason. Other guys had not this issue.
The server in doomseeker was called:
Brink Weapon Mod ST Data Mappack Come 2 play!
URL: 78.158.198.5:10666

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 am

doomista wrote: Hi, I played the mod today with some random guys on the server and there was some weird error - when I tried to throw grenade, it got stuck and I could only throw grenades until my death. I also had unlimited grenades for some reason. Other guys had not this issue.
The server in doomseeker was called:
Brink Weapon Mod ST Data Mappack Come 2 play!
URL: 78.158.198.5:10666
Oh. That was you. How did you cause this bug?
Last edited by Monsterovich on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

doomista
Forum Regular

RE: Brink Mod [v1.2]

Post by doomista » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 pm

The hell if I know. I just tested my own localhost server and singleplayer and it worked just fine. Please tell me your dmflags, so I can do some research on it
Well, I don't get it. This is my test map. There is nothing except MP spawns, items are removed by LMS and the things you can see on the picture are actual barrels.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I've tried many various settings through DM and LMS, but the bug showed up again, doesn't matter how many times I restarted the server. I just click the 'G' button once and until my death my character throws unlimited number of grenades. I used different maps, I've played Entryway, I've booted nothing else than both brinkmod pk3s, I boot them in the reverse order, I have the latest zandronum, I cannot find the reason
Last edited by doomista on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:20 pm

doomista wrote: Well, I don't get it. This is my test map. There is nothing except MP spawns, items are removed by LMS and the things you can see on the picture are actual barrels.
lol. Seems that I accidentally replaced barrels sprites by weapon sprites.

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Btw I would be great if weapons had automatic reload and standart doom items not get removed

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:38 pm

doomista wrote: Btw I would be great if weapons had automatic reload
Lobster has automatic reloading. This sucks when I'm trying to switch my weapon after I fired. However, automatic reloading wasn't planned for all weapons.
doomista wrote:and standart doom items not get removed
And what are you going to do with them? They are totally useless and they break brinkmod gameplay.

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 pm

I understand that medikits and armor are useless, but ammunition could help (at least as the option for the mappers) as well as some sort of adrenaline shots, preventing depleting stamina for some period of time. And mod would be then also suitable for some coop 'swat' maps, because I've noticed that inventory settings take place after death or entering new level. So with the ability to grab neccessary ammunition on the go I see no problem in having coop game with players with different classes planning assault on heavily guarded spot with many vent shafts and stuff. (Yes I know I can do this with RGH actually, but for this particular idea i like brink mod much more and graphics are much better, too). But these are only suggestions.

PS.: Oh yes, I almost forgot. Is it only me or the key bindings for the mod really aren't saved? RGH works fine in this matter.

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 am

doomista wrote: PS.: Oh yes, I almost forgot. Is it only me or the key bindings for the mod really aren't saved? RGH works fine in this matter.
All works fine for me. :neutral:

doomista
Forum Regular

Post by doomista » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:16 am

EDIT: it started working. I decided to do clean zandronum install, just to be sure. I also found out that the version on the server was code28 and download there has code30. But the grenade issue still persist. The grenades behave ok only when I start the deathmatch directly from zandronum. Doomseeker based server makes it screwed up.

TheOldKing
Registered just to make one post

Re: Brink Mod [v1.2]

Post by TheOldKing » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:19 pm

The Links are dead. Can i get a new download link?