[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
blockbreaker177
New User

Re: [0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by blockbreaker177 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 am

The link to the map pack is broken. Have you deleted the file?

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 am

blockbreaker177 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 am
The link to the map pack is broken. Have you deleted the file?
Hello, I have looked into it. I am also very unsure of what has happened I logged into my mediafire and found various files are gone, not entirely sure why or for what reason, NZDE0.5 is gone from there along with a bunch of other files. If anyone has the map pack could they link it so I can re-download and put up another link? I don't currently have the files on this computer.

blockbreaker177
New User

Post by blockbreaker177 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:53 am

Hello! I want to create my own map. What do I have to do and what assets do I have to use from the mod

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi blockbreaker, actually surprising some people are still playing this to this day. There is a specific script I wrote which has all the commentations on how to use it with a map as I know some of the map makers aren't programmers. Below you will find a link to such, making a map is fairly easy with my rewritten code, I am not sure how much of this would still work with the current zandronum version though.

As for what you'd need to use, just load the map with the PK3 (Which in this case is NZDE0.8(DVer0.5).pk3) all the assets that are needed/required are in that. With the versatility of this script, you can pretty much just copy and paste it into the map code and compile the acs, follow the commented instructions as you make the map. However, I will inform you the script although it is much better than the original cubasy had is still incomplete to this day and may have several bugs accompaning it, the ones that I could not fix. Another thing I'd like to mention is that this is ripped straight from Verruckt but it'll give you a good idea of how things work.

https://pastebin.com/7AJd24QN

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:43 am

I wanted to chime in here for anyone that may search and look for this mod in the future, and state that a user by the name of ZDL800 has continued this project where NachtIntellect et al., have left off, of which its official forums can be found here: https://nzdoom.net/showthread.php?tid=22

It’s last update was October 2022, but it seems the creator is still heavily involved & working on it.

The mod even has a ModDB page which can be found here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-duty-nazi-zombies