[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Debaser94

Re: [0.7.4] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by Debaser94 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:06 am

MrEnchanter wrote:Drew this a few minutes ago and converted it to sprite form.

HD version for the page:

Great work Mr.Enchanter! I actually like that better than the font I had suggested.

Also not my map-work, but someone whom i asked to help construct a map for this WAD mapped this:

They started mapping "Moon" from Black Ops. - Overview of the map

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

So that currently leaves:

Nacht Der Untoten - Finished(?)
Verruckt - Being worked on.
Shi No Numa - Being worked on.
Der Reise - Finished (?) / worked on
Kino Der Toten - Being worked on.
Five - Being worked on. (by me)
Moon - Being worked on.
Temple (Black Ops DS) - Being worked on. (by me)
Shangri-La
Ascension
Last edited by Debaser94 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:30 pm

No love for Nuketown?? :P

New Textures inbound...

ImageImageImageImageImage

Meant to be decals.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:30 am

MrEnchanter wrote:No love for Nuketown?? :P

New Textures inbound...

Meant to be decals.
All of them are very very nice!

As for Nuketown, I didn't list it because of the previous poll (in either this thread or previous about NZDE) that asked whether or not Nuketown should be included? I'm guessing YES then though. But with NukeTown, comes more weapons/ upgrades spriting, along with more textures and whatnot. It would be a good addition, in due time.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:08 am

Debaser94 wrote:
MrEnchanter wrote:No love for Nuketown?? :P

New Textures inbound...

Meant to be decals.
All of them are very very nice!

As for Nuketown, I didn't list it because of the previous poll (in either this thread or previous about NZDE) that asked whether or not Nuketown should be included? I'm guessing YES then though. But with NukeTown, comes more weapons/ upgrades spriting, along with more textures and whatnot. It would be a good addition, in due time.
Well, since Black Ops maps are being worked on and we are getting close to completing all of the World at War inspired maps, I had figured that we would just use the same guns from Kino, Five, and Moon on NukeTown. As for NukeTown, I plan on making it after Kino since I feel like NukeTown is going to be a pretty basic map compared to even Der Reise.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 am

I have internet again after 2 and a half weeks, which was pretty good, so me and MrEnchanter have been talking and we'd like to see if we can get everyone's opinions on a certain matter, Iron sights or rather Aim Down Sights, is it even necessary to have them, do you even care that we have such in there? Honestly there's a lot to go over and we are not trying to cut corners, but by all means if it turns out nobody cares or values the system/sprites, we can take them out.

EDIT: There's also now a new poll at the top.

Miguel371xd

Re: [0.7.4] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by Miguel371xd » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:19 pm

This mod has servers? I would play with my friends :D

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:28 am

I, personally would like it in the mod (for nice headshots and whatnot, with nice death animations on the zombies...) , but i think we should currently focus on the coding / Levels, and implement it later on down the line, if possible. tackle the big things at first, and then the small? idk just my thoughts on it.

As for the maps I'm working on... IRL Work has me swamped for time because of weird hours and using computers the whole time i'm there, drains me of any computer use once i get home :( I really want to finish or atleast present a rough draft of the Bus Depot level though...

I found Molotov Cocktails that we could possibly use: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33536

Also, from the Zdoom Forums, Combo Locks (by ChickenLegz)
Chickenlegz wrote:Combo Locks

Boolean(On/Off) Combo locks handled via ACS.
Yellow switches identifies that this is a combo switch that can be turned on and off.
When the right combination is set, a door will open(or any other action executed).

Here's some from my WIP mod.
[spoiler]
combolock1.jpg
combolock2.jpg
[/spoiler]
would be cool to use (for some of the later levels that used other types of leaving areas) as well as Keypads for doors etc) http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30068 (Keypads)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to inform you that I will no longer be able to work on NZ:DE, not for a while, this is a major setback as I can no longer use this laptop, it doesn't want to charge anymore I am really just annoyed because I had only just got back to working on it, I will update everyone when I have a PC I can use.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:47 am

That is some sad news WhiteAce... Hopefully you can get a computer soon. Looking forward to hearing back regarding acquiring a PC! It seems that you may just need a new battery and that it would charge.. and depending on the laptop, it shouldn't be too much money to replace? :) It could Also be the Heatsinks within the Lap top that need to be fixed/and the Thermal paste! (This seems to be the issue with laptops most likely!)

ALSO: in regards to MAPS, someone on r/CODZombies over on Reddit, made map layouts for The Giant (Der Riese, so we already have this...) and "Zebutsuo No Shima", and "Shadows Of Evil" - These would be cool to work on, once the other maps are finished. ( link of Maps on Imgur - https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... p_layouts/)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Hey guys, I've actually had a working laptop for a month just to be entirely honest, I've just been contemplating if I should continue or not, I mean there's a lot of other issues going on behind the scenes that I won't mention, atleast not here but I've compromised and am looking for more people to help me continue producing this, now what I am looking for is not more mappers what I need is someone who can look over my code (Rewrite if possible) and say "Right, you did a good job here but I think this X part here could use a bit of tweaking" and then I am looking for someone who can write multiplayer code over it which I cannot seem to do for squat, you know there's just so much effort that has gone into this and I really do not want it to just be a waste.

With that being said I have been working on something that has absolutely been irritating the crap out of me, getting the last zombie after round 4 to sprint without entirely modifying the zombies speed and getting the last dog to spawn with max ammo, it's been an absolute hassle though, 9 of my attempts of doing this have failed including trying to morph the last actor into what I call dog_last, I have made some progress though, reload sounds will no longer play unless the player is actually reloading and I've started writing up a script that plays a voice whenever the player kills a certain amount of dogs as a break away from trying to get the max ammo to spawn, so pretty much I am always trying to be productive even if I can't do something, I am also going to be getting MrEnchanter (If he wants to and I have a good reason for wanting him to do it instead of me) to completely redo Nacht Der Untoten now at first, I know that kind of sounds disrespectful to Cubasy but I remember me and him having a conversation about completely redoing it, which I never actually took him up on and I probably should have.

Lastly I've been working on this sort backstory for Blood Party, and this is pretty much the gist of it, it's not 100% perfect but atleast it gives the player some lore behind the facility and it will probably go somewhere nice like a lobby or what not when I release a map pack with it (Which will actually be a team map pack, meaning a lot of us will contribute to making the maps in this pack, I vote for the name Dev MP #1):

"In a time since passed, cannibals within the Nazi army would gather at this asylum, dragging off any people they came into contact with during their time spent within the walls, they would feast upon the flesh of other human beings, drinking their blood eating dishes with bits of human flesh cooked through, it was one day when they picked up and killed a crazed allied soldier who lunged at them and dragged him off to the asylum that they ate his flesh and begun to turn into something much more, seeing this as a chance to escape the once imprisoned killed one of the zombie guards, took the keys and locked down the facility, leaving the zombies corpses to rot, only until you arrive looking for shelter from an oncoming zombie horde, you override the security and step into this maddened mental facility now in order to get out, you have to delve deep into the secrets the Nazi's left behind, get ready to lock and load because tonight you are going to be blowing some brains out"

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:08 am

We can't give up yet. This project has been in the works since what looks like 2012... probably before... If i knew anything about coding, i'd help, i could try reaching out to some people who code though whom may be able to help, since that would be of help.

Here's a little update on the Moon level. The guy just pm'ed me these on Reddit. Cheers.

http://imgur.com/a/YUnWL

In this video's description is the Monkey Bomb Textures/model/ rigging. etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQjXIsybQ8Y
Last edited by Debaser94 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Hey, I believe it's been a good while and the people who have actually been waiting patiently deserve an update, so I am not doing well all while I won't disclose the very personal details of the things I struggle with, I want to let you know that it might be a long time before I can pick up working on this, I was looking at it the other day and I just couldn't go through with working on it, not only was my mind rusty but I just couldn't think straight and I became too frustrated pretty much over nothing, my mental state is really not in the right place, I've even done things to other people working on this mod that damaged any sort of camaraderie or friendship I had with them, the reason why it was able to work so well in the first place (even if we all were lazy to an extent) is because I had trust.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Who knew an innocent nazi zombies mod could be so devastating behind the scenes...

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:47 am

WhiteAce wrote: quotes
Hey man, people can wait regarding an update on this mod. it's much better to take a break from it, and then, once you can - come back to it with a fully healthy head and mental state. In regards to the person you were working with and may have said things to which may have hurt your friendship: The time may have passed, and you can always still reach out to them and possibly fix that bond between you two. I would rather see you healthy and happy, than sad and in a bad mental state. People love you. No one wants to see anyone sad, especially this time of year. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Holiday if you celebrate it.

As for this mod, the person whom is working on the Moon level recently contacted me today stating they'd be able to more efficiently map for that level, so progress is being made more rapidly on the level, here's another screeny of it with more detail. https://puu.sh/stp36/6d52501740.png

There's also some lovely looking Iron Sights and other things here: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... rt=30#wrap

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:36 am

Hey everyone, as of today I have decided when I do return to making this mod I decided I would be working solo, however this does mean a few things, because I don't think I have any right to use certain sprites, voices and decorate after stuff happened, I am going to have to remove a lot of stuff including a few maps (which will probably have to be remade by me), however the upside to this is that I will be making my own resources where needed, I know it might be a little dulled down and take longer once I do get into gear but unfortunately these things do happen and well, I was the only one working on this to begin with so yeah and this way everyone can be happy-ish.

On another note, it is a good thing I credited people in the changelog, this makes it much easier to tell what to take out if I can't remember.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:03 am

WhiteAce wrote:Hey everyone, as of today I have decided when I do return to making this mod I decided I would be working solo, however this does mean a few things, because I don't think I have any right to use certain sprites, voices and decorate after stuff happened
Technically everything could be free to use, with the proper documentation of credits. Or you could try amending things with said person (which is what would be better) instead of dulling it down, and re-doing a lot of the work that was already put into this.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:00 am

Keep the sprites in, there is no need to take them out unless it is a pride issue. Due to personal problems, I will no longer be working on this project anymore, nor do I wish to. Kino was not at a playable state anyways, so do with it what you wish as well.

Combinebobnt wrote:Who knew an innocent nazi zombies mod could be so devastating behind the scenes...
Well, we are all human after all. Shit happens.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:36 am

Is tank still working on those aforementioned levels ? Shi No Numa/Der Reise / Verruckt?

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:34 am

I've sadly been moving onto other things as of recently, Just lost interest in Zandronum in general as well as being super busy with my High School. However I am giving Ace the right to keep using the stuff I made for the project, I never wanted to remove it anyways considering my maps and such were made specifically for it. I just can't keep up with heavy scripting and everything, I've been more of an artist.

Basically I've just been sapped from motivation and whatnot, However I still hope some people out there are willing to help you, Ace - I really enjoyed working on this with you. And who knows, Maybe I'll come back at some point... Just right now, I kind of have a bunch of shit on my hands let alone the only Doom project I am making ATM is out of pure hobby and education/entertainment more than anything. (Ghoul's World : Rebirth)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks for the Verruckt files @TankDempsey, anyway since I have something to work with regarding another map, I'll start programming the ACS into Verruckt while removing Blood Party and making it a standalone map until I feel like creating a map pack (My map pack will still have it's own story and Blood party is just the tip of the iceberg), meanwhile I am going to try to find something to help me record gameplay, this won't be your typical gameplay though it'll show off the 2 new maps, Verruckt and Der Riese which is actually about 90% done, just having trouble with the teleport code which I have mostly fixed but on the countdown if you hit the teleporter receiver at a certain time it starts spamming the countdown noise but anyway I don't want something too shoddy when it comes to recording, I am using a lower end Laptop that I shouldn't even be playing games on or programming for that matter, yet I can't afford to build my own PC because the parts in Australia are pretty expensive, it'd take me 5-6 months to accumulate all the money I need for it, bills have been a hassle for a long time.

As for the texture packs that Tank gave me, I know I shouldn't be doing this but I am going to just stuff them in the PK3 to save a bit of time, it won't really affect the gameplay lol, I honestly don't want to pick out each individually, that aside does anyone know who made the WOLFTEX_01.pk3 (This includes individual people who worked on the textures too if possible) file? I would like to credit them since I am going to be stuffing them into my PK3.

EDIT: Oh yeah, as for Kino, I'll probably end up drawing a few rooms for now, MrEnchanter was intentional on recreating it with almost the exact same detail that the Black ops version had, I feel wrong working on someone else's map but unless MrEnchanter says he doesn't want me to finish it, he wants me to make my own version or etc, I will continue with his map.