[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:55 am

This mod is being bugfixed at a slow rate
So have you ever heard of Nazi Zombies? I am pretty sure you have right now but basically the player must survive rounds upon rounds of an infinite zombie onslaught if the player repairs barricades they are given 10 points for each segment they repair, if a player kills zombies they are given points for that kill, points which you could buy weapons off the wall, open doors, buy perks or buy a random box (Mystery box) which will give you a random weapon to increase your overall survival rate.
This mod is based on just that with a mixture of WW2 weapons and some 1960+ weapons, my plans for this is to hopefully one day fix the multiplayer code that the original author neglected (TheCubasy), for now this can only be played in single player or you can play it with bots if you feel lonely enough... although sometimes even that glitches out.
My tumblr incase people want to see more previews and different content, also handy if people want to ask me questions:
Map packs:
WhiteAce's Map pack (Demo V0.3)

Old Links:
NZ:DE 0.7.4
NZ:DE 0.7.3
(NZ:DE 0.5 includes shigas map)
NZ:DE 0.5
NZ:DE 0.2
Spoiler: Gameplay Videos (Open)
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Spoiler: Credits (Open)
Nazi Zombies Doom Edition created by:

Corpse Corps

Original Creator:

TheCubasy

Development:

WhiteAce

Support:

TheCubasy

With the additional help of:

Spriters:

ElectricPulse
JoeyTD
Sgt. Shivers
Captain J
chronoteeth
MrEnchanter
The thing thing
Unreal38
GhostKillahZero
ZioMccall

Mappers:

TankDemspey
Shadow99280
Angel_Neko_X

Textures by:

HazeBandicoot
Fabbysk
IMX
Abbuw
Wilhelm Wulf
Doctor-Dos

Models by:

NZ:P team
*Changelogs will be updated frequently
Spoiler: Changelogs (Open)

Code: Select all

(Latest) Changelog 0.8 (Prior to DVer0.4):

Map changes/fixes:
- Updated Nacht Der Untoten:
   - Added easter egg song (not original, Cubasy's choice of song)
   - Made nametags visible in multiplayer
   - Added in Juggernog into first room (Most likely temp)
   - Updated barricade heights (Thanks to TankDempsey)
   - Fixed HUD for multiplayer
   - Updated parts of the map
   - Every player (assuming there's 4 or less) can now see each others money in multiplayer
   - Updated code to latest
- Removed Blood Party, replaced with Verruckt (Made by TankDempsey)
- Added in Kino Der Toten (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in Der Riese (Thanks to TankDempsey)

Weapon changes/fixes:
- Added in new M1A1 Carbine sprites (Thanks to Unreal38)
- Added in DP-28 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers)
- Added in Olympia (Thanks to Batandy)
- Added in Browning Auto-5 (Thanks to WhiteAce for code, unknown who made sprites)
- Added in Scoped Springfield (Thanks to JoeyTD)
- Added pickup sprite for Nambu (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers) and added to mystery box
- Added in Pack a punch sprites for MP40 and Trench gun (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- New Flamethrower, ThunderGun sprites also improved Nambu, Colt m1911, STG-44, Browning M1919, Springfield and Trench gun sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Raygun
   - New sprites (PAP, Reload and replaced original sprites) (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Improved reload sound
   - Slightly increased raygun splash radius and majorly increased splash damage
- Added in aim down sights:
   - Gewehr 43, Kar98K, Springfield, STG-44, Type 14 Nambu and Colt M1911  (Sprites and code, thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Reduced recoil when zoomed and increased recoil slightly when not zoomed
   - Reduced speed while in ADS mode which also reduces footstep frequency
- Allowed players to use melee, grenades and special grenades during Trench guns reload state
- Updated Sterling L2A3 firing sounds
- Thundergun now has a new sound (Thanks to TankDempsey)
- Players will no longer be able to drop weapons
- FG-42 will no longer push back enemies
- Fixed the molotov not being in the springfields code
- Trench gun aswell as Browning A5 allow you to use knife, grenades and etc while reloading
- Bouncing Betty smoke now fades away faster, will now see enemies from further and explode farther
- Ran into a problem with too many weapons being in one slot causes it to error out so instead Pack a punch weapons will be in 2nd slot
- Player voices won't play unless the player is actually doing that action (For example, if reloading now, voice will say he is reloading)

General additions/changes/fixes:
- Gameover screen is now fixed as it was broken for a while
- File size is now lower, did this to avoid a scenario where someone with low bandwidth couldn't download the wad
- Players can no longer jump over zombies
- Nuke will no longer generate how many monsters it has killed, instead it will now just simply kill enemies (Nuke will now also work in GZDoom)
- Fixed grenade animations not showing on a massive amount of weapons
- Fixed more than 1 powerup spawning at a time by replacing the dropped items with a RandomSpawner
- Hud now displays correctly in each resolution and is bigger (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Power system now works, players must turn it on before attempting to buy traps and certain perks
- Players will no longer be able to buy perks should that perk they are trying to buy be in their inventory
- Runners now attack players slightly faster, not too fast as to not break the game
- Zombies will now hurt players near a barricade, done to prevent player from exploiting the barricades to an extent
- Changed players view height, player is now slightly taller
- Players will now be able to use special grenades in Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom
- Footsteptime is changed, less footstep noises are heard when the player moves while in ADS
- Changed Staminup from a powerup to an inventory item which made it easier to tweak players speed more accurately
- New Instakill and Max Ammo sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in new 3D Perk-a-cola machines to see these be in OpenGL and type GL_Use_Models 1 in the console
- Added in Double points
- Added Hardcore modes (Take more damage while playing it)
- Added in Zombie attack sounds which play before zombie attacks player
- Added in Vanish sound for Instakill
- New power on sound (Although temporary)
- Added in HUD icons for Molotov and Sticky grenades
- New zombie sprites for runners and normal zombies (Thanks to ZioMccall)
- Added in script for Dog rounds
- Perk machines now display a "You must turn on the power first!" if power is not on
- Players will now taunt after killing 8 zombies (Random chance of taunting after 8, wouldn't want it to get too annoying)
- Fixed gameover health regen spamming the screen and sounds
- Scoreboard will now update every so often and can be toggled on and off
- New player voices (Thanks to MrEnchanter for VA)
   - Includes zombie kill voices
   - Removed old voices
- Turret now plays a sound when firing (Uses Browning M1919 fire sound, untill I can find a better one)
- Perks now play jingles when the player buys them

Removed features:
- Took out player controlled taunts

Multiplayer fixes: 
- Fixed points showing incorrectly for second and first player in a multiplayer game
- Took out clientside effects on a single script, this should stop the players screen from having a fit whilst firing off a round
- Scoreboard now shows each individuals points and kills (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a player leaves the game, causing the money system to not display other players money values

Dev/Mapper notes:
- More decorate stuff for mappers:
   - Zombie corpses (Sprites, thanks to ZioMccall)
   - Bottles, shotglass, meteorite piece, nazi flag stand, gramaphone, decaying corpse, brainjar (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Hanging soldier (Thanks to TankDemspey)
   - Grass
   - Teleporter pad, pack a punch, perk machines (Thanks to NZ:P Team)
- Fixed the cluttered mess that was NZDE0.8.PK3:
   - Actors, Sprites and Textures are now organized in files (Organizing textures, thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Decorate lump has tags for finding things easier using Ctrl+F
   - Renamed a few other actor lumps
- Added a ton of new textures (Including wallitem textures) (Thanks to MrEnchanter and WhiteAce)
- Removed Titlepic stuff (was unused and I don't think there would be a use for it now)
- Because weapons are now undroppable, due to this you should probably remove Colt45 at the start of the round in the scripts, should you use an alt weapon otherwise it'll stay in players inventory
- Had to change Specialgrenades names to SpecGrenades, it was causing issues with Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom
Older:

(Old) Changelog 0.7.4:
- Juggernog is now working 200%!
- Changes to several weapons without speedcola, weapon switching for the following weapons take longer: (2 Extra tics) LMG's and Thundergun (1 Extra tic) SMG's, Assault Rifles, Rifles, Nailgun, Trench gun (Unchanged) Pistols, Raygun, Sawed off shotgun
- Fixed a problem in the Panzerschreck's firing state causing it not to reload after firing off
- MaxAmmo is now able to give ammo to the players rather than just sitting around... Sheesh lazy.
- Insta-kill is now available in game along with it's icon and it's awesome power, included with it is a timer that helps to tell how much time insta-kill has left.
- Zombies now can drop powerups when you kill them via knife or grenade
- Extended time to wait to use your weapon after buying a perk
- Added a line to each corner to stop zombies from getting trapped in one spot
- Raygun now has splash damage when Double Tap is in players inventory and increased the amount of damage the player takes from the splash
- Added new player sounds (Death, Bouncing Betty) aswell as sounds to replace the current playersounds
- Further weapon balancement with doubletap
- Updated Menu, now includes flashier M_DOOM
- Added in stats menu where players can view how many points and kills they have earned (Not finished)
- Improved general look and added doors (Power related) to Blood Party
- Zombies should no longer get stuck where they shouldn't be in blood party as I have added shutters that open when the player purchases a door or turns on power, yeah sit out there in the cold for all I care, you aren't breaking in zombies!
- Fixed several errors in Nacht der untoten, no longer shows up with errors about an unknown texture on a linedef, moved a linedef back as it was where it shouldn't be
- Made a system that gives players back their money should they already have the perk in their inventory
- Reduced players speed
- Added in Stamin-up which currently only increases the players speed
- Changed starting weapon from Colt M1911 to Type 14 Nambu on Map03 (Blood Party), the Nambu still acts as if it were the starting weapon
- Revive system now works for single player along with the maximum limit of 3 quick revive perks per game, however be careful with this, stay away from barrels, explosives and 2 zombies hitting you at once! It's a little hacky and I couldn't do anything to a player that's already dead.
- Added new people to the title map credits
- Fixed Thompson sprite, should no longer be smaller than it really is
- Finished up and added in Double barrel shotgun, it is now available in the mystery box for both maps
- Updated sterling sprite with the hand on the magazine (Thanks to chronoteeth)

(Older) Changelog 0.7.3:
-Added in Machete, PAP Nailgun, PAP Thompson, PAP Luger, PAP Kar98K, PAP Gewehr, PAP M1A1 Carbine, Raygun, Glock 18, Sterling L2A3 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers from the Zdoom forums) and more last stand weapons (Even though it's not currently working)
-Updated Map03, New room for circling around till the mystery box is finished, more mystery box weapons, new room with Browning, added in music, have fun finding it and I hope you don't cheat in order to, plus added detail to the map, added Machete and .357 magnum in the power room, machete is 3.0x as powerful as the knife
-Updated the code for springfield
-Added Sbarinfo to several weapons, such are Raygun, PAP Thompson, PAP Nailgun, Springfield there are also more
-Code for 2 zombies to spawn has been put in, however it has issues so I'll put off implementing the system for now.
-updated code for PAP Weapons
-updated the browning m1919, now fires slightly slower this is to reduce the feeling of the player running out of ammo too quickly
-made it possible for players to see all 4 player's allotted cash/points should they be in the game
-perk machine actors are now solid
-fixed up the glock 18 and double barreled shotgun, matching sprites are now available for both
-Weapon Balancement for fire-rate
-Perks, yes they actually don't take more money then they should if the player hold the use button down for a single tic, instead it now waits after the player has bought it, you can buy them if you have them in your inventory already but would you really want to?
-Raygun now has full splash damage when the player fires at a monster or shootable object, walls, ceiling and etc
-Added new decorations, such as the Zombie head and Zombie statue
-Began working on the rift gun, the aim of this gun is to fire
a projectile that stays at one spot, pulling actors towards it and giving them some serious damage for 10 seconds
-Added new wall item textures for mappers such are Nailgun, Glock 18, .357 Magnum, Max ammo, Nuke, Luger, PPSH-41, Machete and bouncing betty (These were made by WhiteAce who feels they aren't as great as cubasy's but still work)
-Powerups now expire after about 45 seconds
-Changed the hud system, all while ammo bars are still there players will now be able to see numbers for their ammo count
-Nuke now works
-Edited credits, now includes more people.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7.3] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by TankDempsey » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:14 am

Holy shit, I never knew this was still alive. And wow, it's progressed even further than I remember.

Count me back onboard. I'll get back to work on my Ghoul's Forest map I showed last time right away.
Find me online in-game as Mario

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:17 am

Yes! It's still alive and I can't wait to see your map, you can go ahead and put in the perks, I am working on the revive system now but it's pretty much rooted into the maps script, anyone got some weed killer?

EDIT: I think it's also actually the reason the game over screens don't work.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Damn, Looks like you don't give up, I think I should do the same!
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:05 pm

-Insert Naruto reference here- I probably shouldn't have given up to be honest there's still so many little things I can do for this mod, incoming drop, new video:
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DieHard3436

Post by DieHard3436 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Well glad its still going!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:31 am

Just thought I would leave this here while I wait for people to vote on the poll, I think this needs more editing, this is going to be for the Nazi Zombie's Lobby that Cubasy didn't finish, I will also do the other ones too.

EDIT: Also I am looking for someone to voice act for this mod, I am looking for a possible deep husky voice, let me know if you are interested so far the lines I have are:
(Aggressive): "Get back in your grave!"
(Informative): "Putting in another round."
(Informative): "Pulling the pin"
(Annoyed): "Ugh, the power needs to be turned on."

Try not to be too quiet on the mic, and try not too be too loud either, I don't want my ears bleeding unless I am listening to metal, I am pretty sure background noise can be edited out but I would prefer that no background noise is included, this makes more work for someone I would rather not rely too much on. (He has some stuff going on right now)
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

nax
Lead Administrator

Post by nax » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:01 am

I know this may seem like a trivial thing, but when you make gameplay videos you ought to bind keys to all the console commands you use or edit those parts out so we're not watching someone type stuff out in the console :)

Looks good, keep it up.

I can possibly give you some voice work when I get my professional mic up and running. I can record some lines on my current headset to give you an idea of how it'd sound if you'd like.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:32 am

That'd be great, about me typing it out, believe it or not it's easier for me to do that so I remember all the things from scratch, there was a time where I bound them to a key using Alias and Bind.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:43 am

Dude, I'll reboot Swan Fox Alptraum classic, I'll give you the map in PM, it will be the first map demo before we can add more weapons (made by me)
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:59 am

Sure I'll keep an eye out for that PM, have you played 0.7.3 yet? What's your highest round/time survived? Mine is 13:03 and highest round is 15, I need to work out a new strategy.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:18 am

Haven't played yet! but I'll give a try

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:17 am

Guess what few things are new?

EDIT: You wouldn't believe me if I told you guys, but I got the quick revive system working in single player and I am pretty sure I can fix it for multiplayer too, all I need to do now is work on something that prevents players in single player from getting more than 3 quick revives in one game.
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7.4] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on the wad, however I will be hosting a Zandronum server using best ever called :: [BE] Montreal :: NZ:DE Ironing out MP bugs, this uses the latest released file, this server will be updated whenever I can in order to kill every and all bug, I will ask players to examine things like bullet lagg, what happens when they die and what happens when they disconnect, this is it, this was initially supposed to be a multiplayer mod and I intend to keep it up to status with that.

About TankDempsey's and Angel_Neko_X's maps, I haven't had much time to work on them either, the main cause is procrastination besides I was ill for a day or two, I am however still working to get them out as soon as possible, I actually wanted to post them before releasing this but I decided it'd be best that I move onto mp problems for now and then I remembered I also have to push out the dog rounds, and other perks it all just became too much for me to handle this update I will get used to the pressure sometime though.

Here is 0.7.4: NZ:DE 0.7.4

The changelist for 0.7.4 is as below:

(NEW!) Changelog 0.7.4
- Juggernog is now working 200%!
- Changes to several weapons without speedcola, weapon switching for the following weapons take longer: (2 Extra tics) LMG's and Thundergun (1 Extra tic) SMG's, Assault Rifles, Rifles, Nailgun, Trench gun (Unchanged) Pistols, Raygun, Sawed off shotgun
- Fixed a problem in the Panzerschreck's firing state causing it not to reload after firing off
- MaxAmmo is now able to give ammo to the players rather than just sitting around... Sheesh lazy.
- Insta-kill is now available in game along with it's icon and it's awesome power, included with it is a timer that helps to tell how much time insta-kill has left.
- Zombies now can drop powerups when you kill them via knife or grenade
- Extended time to wait to use your weapon after buying a perk
- Added a line to each corner to stop zombies from getting trapped in one spot
- Raygun now has splash damage when Double Tap is in players inventory and increased the amount of damage the player takes from the splash
- Added new player sounds (Death, Bouncing Betty) aswell as sounds to replace the current playersounds
- Further weapon balancement with doubletap
- Updated Menu, now includes flashier M_DOOM
- Added in stats menu where players can view how many points and kills they have earned (Not finished)
- Improved general look and added doors (Power related) to Blood Party
- Zombies should no longer get stuck where they shouldn't be in blood party as I have added shutters that open when the player purchases a door or turns on power, yeah sit out there in the cold for all I care, you aren't breaking in zombies!
- Fixed several errors in Nacht der untoten, no longer shows up with errors about an unknown texture on a linedef, moved a linedef back as it was where it shouldn't be
- Made a system that gives players back their money should they already have the perk in their inventory
- Reduced players speed
- Added in Stamin-up which currently only increases the players speed
- Changed starting weapon from Colt M1911 to Type 14 Nambu on Map03 (Blood Party), the Nambu still acts as if it were the starting weapon
- Revive system now works for single player along with the maximum limit of 3 quick revive perks per game, however be careful with this, stay away from barrels, explosives and 2 zombies hitting you at once! It's a little hacky and I couldn't do anything to a player that's already dead.
- Added new people to the title map credits
- Fixed Thompson sprite, should no longer be smaller than it really is
- Finished up and added in Double barrel shotgun, it is now available in the mystery box for both maps
- Updated sterling sprite with the hand on the magazine (Thanks to chronoteeth)
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 pm

The ACS global works well only on the second map, not in natch der untoten. :l

Unreal38
New User

Post by Unreal38 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 am

Hello.
I created account expecially for this mod.
I really love doom and I play it since I was a small child. I fell in love when I saw this!

It took me around 2 hours to find this thread, along with reading whole previous thread. I tried every version you guys uploaded.
I would love to put my effort into this huge conversion!

P.S I managed to run this game in multiplayer!
ZDL + MAP02 + 2 clients on 1 pc and everything was smooth as butter! :)
Gonna test tommorow with friends.

BTW. ver 0.74 works on Zandronum, Skulltag and GZDoom.

Cheers everybody!
Last edited by Unreal38 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 am

So, when will the Easter Egg song be added to Nacht? ( I know how to activate Script 100 without cheating )
Last edited by MrEnchanter on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:45 am

MrEnchanter wrote: So, when will the Easter Egg song be added to Nacht? ( I know how to activate Script 100 without cheating )
Ah, I completely neglected that map last time it just doesn't feel right for me to edit it most times, like Blood Party I will add in two songs though, both being from slipknot and already in the wad.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:26 am

WhiteAce wrote:
MrEnchanter wrote: So, when will the Easter Egg song be added to Nacht? ( I know how to activate Script 100 without cheating )
Ah, I completely neglected that map last time it just doesn't feel right for me to edit it most times, like Blood Party I will add in two songs though, both being from slipknot and already in the wad.
Yeah saw that a while back, wasn't sure if they were gonna be for nacht or not. But nice choices, both very good.

Unreal38
New User

Post by Unreal38 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:23 pm

I must say that after playing 2-3 hours with my friend, multiplayer is working fine!

It would be nice if you could buy mysterybox for a friend, so when you buy it anybody can take the gun.
Zombies get stuck sometimes(a lot), needs better pathfinding.

KA-BOOM, SPECIAL GRENADE have script errrors.

Reload animations.

The game was so fun I forgot about everything else :biggrin:

Can I help somehow?

M1A1 Carbine looks like M1 Garand, I'll help searching for a model.
I saw somewhere Magnum with reload, I'll look for it!
Here it is, just needs some "upgrades" :) Couldn't find the creator though to credit!

Last edited by Unreal38 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.