[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Debaser94

Re: [0.7.4] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by Debaser94 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:05 pm

good recording software (that is also free) is http://lmgtfy.com/?q=OBS+Recording+software and also in regards to the WolfTex Pack that WhiteAce was wondering whom made, the person whom made it was "Doctor-Dos"

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Thankyou Debaser, I am going to go ahead and add them into the credits section, meanwhile I am working on Verruckt and I have started commenting on the variables at the start of the script, I want to know if some of my comments are too confusing or not, because I do want people who cannot code to also be able to access the code and make their own maps, I know it still needs a bit of work when it comes to explanation and I haven't really commented on all of the variable controls yet:

Code: Select all

/With the definitions, it is always best to add a number everytime you add something new in, I have had that glitch out before back when I was still
//Learning, for example if you add in 1 barricade, you should add 1 number to DEF_COUNTBARRICADES

//Game definitons

#define DEF_COUNT_BARRICADES            4
#define DEF_COUNT_PERKS                 1
#define DEF_COUNT_WALLITEMS             1
#define DEF_COUNT_DOORS                 1
#define DEF_COUNT_TRAPS                 2
#define DEF_COUNT_BOXITEMS              29
#define DEF_COUNT_ZOMBIESPAWNS          4
#define DEF_COUNT_DOGSPAWNS             1

//Spawn definitions

#define DEF_round_safetime              70
#define DEF_round_intermission          200
#define DEF_round_enddelay              35
#define DEF_zombies_initialzombies      5
#define DEF_zombies_increaseamount      5
#define DEF_zombies_maxonmap            24
#define DEF_zombies_initialhp           50
#define DEF_zombies_increasehp          23
#define DEF_zombies_initialspeed        1.8
#define DEF_zombies_increasespeed       0.2
#define DEF_zombies_spawnrate           28
#define DEF_dogs_exist                  0
#define DEF_dogs_minround               4
#define DEF_dogs_maxround               8
#define DEF_dogs_initialdogs            1
#define DEF_dogs_increaseamount         2
#define DEF_dogs_maxonmap               4
#define DEF_dogs_initialhp              50
#define DEF_dogs_increasehp             5
#define DEF_dogs_spawnrate              40

//First of all, most of these are controlled by alternate scripts, however you are able to tweak some of the stuff here pretty much without knowing a hell 
//Of a lot about programming and it's going to be explained to you if you don't get it let me (WhiteAce) know and I'll try my best to explain it a bit more
//In detail

//Startup and game event variables, text that pops up during the start, you can disable them by just using replacing the text with ""

str GAME_startuptext[4]  ={ "Berlin, Germany",           //First line (By default) is used to specify a country location
                             "Verrückt",                  //Second line (By default) is used to specify a specific location or map name
                             "July 14th, 1946",           //Third line (By default) as you can see is usually used to specify a date
                             "Created by: TankDempsey" }; //Fourth line (By default) is used to specify who created the map
 int DEBUG_enabled				=0;
 int DEBUG_round					=19;
 int GAME_musicenabled=0;     //(Debug purposes) When the variable reaches a certain limit (3 I think) music plays
 str GAME_songname="Music2";  //Choose which song plays with this, just make sure to define it in soundsequence
 int GAME_gameover=1;        //(Debug purposes) Setting this to 1 will enable the game over screen
 int GAME_power=0;           //Setting this to 1 will ofcourse allow you to purchase everything in the game that requires power pretty much without turning
                             //the power on in game
 int GAME_powertid=27;       //(Unused currently) Will be used to pop up text on the screen when the player is standing on a sector that turns on power
 int GAME_RandomNumber=2;    //(Unused currently) Was used to pick what luck the player would have with dogs spawning so they would spawn different rounds
                             //will put it back in later, just need to re-write it and make it randomize 2 = Dogs at round 6, 1 = dogs at round 5, etc

//Variables for rounds (mostly debug)

int GAME_round_number           =1;                          //I think you know what this is, it's the round number the player starts on (Debug purposes)
int GAME_round_doground         =0;                          //So basically if you wanted to start a doground at the start, change the 0 to a 1 (Debug purposes)
int GAME_round_dogs             =1;
int GAME_round_untildogs        =DEF_dogs_minround;          //External script controlled no need to worry about this one (Yet)
int GAME_round_zombiesleft      =DEF_zombies_initialzombies; //Or this
int GAME_round_zombiescount     =DEF_zombies_initialzombies; //Or this
int GAME_round_dogscount		     =DEF_dogs_initialdogs;       //Or this
int GAME_round_tics				        =0;                          //Or this
int GAME_round_secs				        =0;                          //(Hell on earth only) Controls the amount of seconds that have passed
int GAME_round_mins				        =0;                          //(Hell on earth only) Controls the amount of minutes that have passed

//Player variables

int PLAYER_heal_time            =35;                     //The time it takes for the player to heal (pretty self explainatory)
int PLAYER_money[4]             ={ 500, 500, 500, 500 }; //Mainly for debugging purposes but you can change the amount of money the player starts with here
int PLAYER_kills[4]             ={ 0, 0, 0, 0 };         //Again, usually for debugging but this is the total amount of kills the player has
int PLAYER_dead[4]              ={ 0, 0, 0, 0 };         //If somehow the player is dead mark as 1 (Actually, might have to double check that one later
                                                         //This slightly gives me a headache I don't know if it counts the amount of times died or if it
                                                         //Simply tells the game, the player is dead)
int PLAYER_downed[4]            ={ 0, 0, 0, 0 };         //If somehow the player is dead, this is marked as 1 (Same as above though, headaches man)

//Purchasable weapon variables (Wallitems)

str WALLITEM_names[1]     ={ "Gewehr 43" }; //The name of the weapon the player is purchasing, shows up on hud
str WALLITEM_actors[2][1]    ={{ "Gewehr43" },
                               { "Reserve_Gewehr" }}; //These are the actors, it's what the player receives when purchasing them
int WALLITEM_prices[1]    ={ 600 }; //Pretty self explainatory, this is the prices for the weapons
int WALLITEM_tids[1]      ={ 1 }; //The sector tag in which the player stands on in order to purchase the weapons

//Zombie/Dog spawns, spawn in via a map spot with following tags

int ZOMBIESPAWN_spawn[2]  ={ "Zombie",            //This makes it much easier for someone to replace the zombies with something else
                             "Zombie_Sprinter" }; 
int ZOMBIESPAWN_tids[4]   ={ 1,2,3,4 };
int DOGSPAWN_tids[1]      ={};

//Zombie/Dog room spawn id's, these control which room they spawn in if it's open, 0 is starting room

int ZOMBIESPAWN_roomid[4]   ={ 0,0,0,0 };
int DOGSPAWN_roomid[1]      ={};

//Door variables

int DOOR_opened[1]              ={0}; //0 means door not opened, 1 means door opened (Doesn't count first room)
int DOOR_tids[1]                ={80}; //These are the sector tags where the player can purchase the door
int DOOR_type[1]                ={0}; //Affects the text appear on screen when player is in the sector 
                                     //0 (By default): "hold USE to lower the gate" 
                                     //1 (By default): "hold USE to open the door"
                                     //2 (By default): "hold USE to clear the debris" (Not yet implemented)
int DOOR_prices[1]              ={500}; //Controls how much money the player has to pay to open the door
int DOOR_roomid[1][2]           ={{0,1}}; //Say for example you were in the start room, 0 is the number of the start room, the player buys the door to the east
                                     //You should put 0,1 1 being the second room now if the player was to buy another room after that in 1 (Not start)
                                     //Then put 1,2, likewise if there was a room to the west and the player was in the starting room, put 0,2 it is a
                                     //Little confusing at first, might need better explaination
int DOOR_scriptno              =200; //First door uses script 200 (By default) anything more add 1 onto the script number, try not to put traps and doors
                                     //With the same script number and leave room for other scripts
int ROOM_opened[2]              ={1,0}; //ROOM_opened always has 1 extra digit that's because it counts the start room, if the player is in the start room put
                                     //1 then 0 for every other room that isn't open yet

//Barricade variables, will eventually be adding in more variables for this to increase maxhealth, change barricade textures and etc.

int BARRICADE_health[4]        ={ 6, 6, 6, 6 };   //This might be obvious but this is the amount of health the barricades have, for now you can only have a max of
                                         //6 but I am hoping to add more variables in order to change that
int BARRICADE_lineid[4]        ={ 1, 2, 3, 4 };   //This is the line identification for the barricades, if you don't put this on where your barricades are, it
                                         //The barricade won't show any damage and zombies can just waltz through, you can set this by using the
                                         //Line Identification action in the map editor you use (I use GZDoomBuilder and this is built on Hexen format)
int BARRICADE_sectorid[4]      ={ 120, 121, 122, 123 }; //This sector tag goes on the side that you repair from
int BARRICADE_attackid[4]      ={ 160, 161, 162, 163 }; //This sector tag goes on the side that the zombies attack from when at a barricade
int BARRICADE_updatetime[4]    ={ 0, 0, 0, 0 };   //(Debug purposes) Makes the barricades repair themselves

//Box control variables, a little complex

str BOX_items[29] ={            "Kar98k",              //Self explainatory, these are the actors (Spawn names) that the player can receive from the box
                                "Springfield",
                                "M1A1Carbine",
                                "M1Garand",
                                "TrenchGun",
                                "Gewehr43",
                                "SawnOffShotgun",
                                "MP40",
                                "STG-44",
                                "357Magnum",
                                "Thompson",
                                "BAR",
                                "Colt45",
                                "DualColt45s",
                                "Panzerschreck",
                                "MG42",
                                "M2Flamethrower",
                                "FG42",
                                "PPSh41",
                                "Browningm1919",
                                "Luger",
                                "Nailgun",
                                "Thundergun",
                                "Raygun",
                                "Glock18",
                                "Sterlingl2a3",
                                "DoubleBarrel",
                                "Nambu",
                                "DP-28"
                                 };
str BOX_itemnames[29]           ={ "Kar98k",           //These are used for the text that pops up when the player is at the mystery box for example
                                "Springfield",         //"hold USE to pick up the M1A1 Carbine" and etc you could even make it say "hold use to pick up the
                                "M1A1 Carbine",        //stick" in place instead of M1A1 Carbine
                                "M1 Garand",
                                "M1897 Trench Gun",
                                "Gewehr 43",
                                "Sawn-Off Shotgun",
                                "MP40",
                                "StG-44",
                                ".357 Magnum",
                                "Thompson",
                                "BAR",
                                "Colt M1911",
                                "Dual M1911s",
                                "Panzerschreck",
                                "MG42",
                                "M2 Flamethrower",
                                "FG42",
                                "PPSh 41",
                                "Browning M1919",
                                "Luger",
                                "Nailgun",
                                "Thundergun",
                                "Raygun",
                                "Glock 18",
                                "Sterling L2A3",
                                "Double-Barrel shotgun",
                                "Type 14 Nambu",
                                "DP-28"
                                 };
int BOX_active                  =0;                      //(Debug purposes) If the number is 1, the box is rolling
int BOX_activator               =0;                      //(Debug purposes) Basically, the TID of the player who rolled the box, activator is set via an
                                                         //External script however, the TID for players is 1000 + 1 for each player
int BOX_itemtaken               =0;                      //(Debug purposes) Determines if someone has taken the item they rolled from the box, if so is set
                                                         //To 1 then the mystery box returns back to it's normal position
int BOX_tag                     =39;                     //The sector tag where the box can be activated
int BOX_currentitem             =1;                      //The current item is set to one, so it always rolls 1 first then cycles through other things

//Perk variables

str PERK_names[5] ={ "Juggernog",               //The names that pop up on the hud when you walk into the sector tag they are assigned to
    "Speed Cola",
    "Double Tap Root Beer",
    "Quick Revive",
    "Machete" };
 str PERK_actors[5] ={ "Jugg",                   //What actors (Rather perk bottles) the player receives when purchasing a perk
    "SpdCola",
    "DoubTap",
    "QckRvve",
    "Machete" };
 int PERK_prices[5] ={ 2500,                     //Self explainatory, the prices of each perk
     3000 };
 str PERK_Inventory[5] ={ "PowerJuggernog",      //These check to see if the player has the perks in their inventory, if they do they won't be able to 
     "SpeedCola",                                //Purchase the perks they already have
     "DoubleTap",
    "PowerQuickRevive",
    "Machete" }; 
 int PERK_tids[5] ={ 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 };       //The sector tags for each perk which are what the player stands on to buy the perk

//Trap variables

int TRAP_active[2] ={ 0, 0 };        //(Debug purposes) If a trap is active, is set to 1, external scripts make the traps reset after a while
 int TRAP_tids[2] ={ 47, 48 };        //The sector tags for each trap which allow the player to purchase a trap
 int TRAP_prices[2] ={ 1000, 2000 };  //Self explainatory, the prices for each trap
 int TRAP_type[2] ={ 0, 1 };
 int TRAP_scriptno =220;              //Allows you to set the first script number for a trap, controlled by external scripts for each trap will add 1
                                      //Onto this number which means the script for the next trap will be 211, next 212 and so on (pretty much
                                      //Same with doors)

EDIT: I tried OBS, it was laggy but I think it'll do alright for now, at least I get to show off Verruckt (Even if it is incomplete at this moment)

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 pm

This new ACS looks more easier to edit for making maps!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 pm

I am also going to add in some variables for carpenter underneath the barricades, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work non-map based however having them just there helps a lot, there is also one issue I have with carpenter, zombies can get stuck inbetween the barricades.

EDIT: So I decided I need somewhere to dump all of these pictures I keep taking and to dump other stuff without spamming the thread constantly with them so I went on to Tumblr and attempted to sign up, only realising I already had an account, I've revamped some of the account however I do still need to edit the layout of it, which I should do within a few months time (Lol I am not too sure if updating the page is a top one priority) so without further delay, here is the link to my Tumblr: http://whiteace-nzde.tumblr.com/ I will also be posting this in the main post.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 am

MrEnchanter wrote:Keep the sprites in, there is no need to take them out unless it is a pride issue. Due to personal problems, I will no longer be working on this project anymore, nor do I wish to. Kino was not at a playable state anyways, so do with it what you wish as well.

Combinebobnt wrote:Who knew an innocent nazi zombies mod could be so devastating behind the scenes...
Well, we are all human after all. Shit happens.
I've taken some time to think about my decision, and Whiteace and I have somewhat mended our relationship, if he is willing, I'd like to continue to contribute, just not as frequently or as intense as I was previously. Life happens, people change a little, and sometimes bonds weaken. Sorry if this whole ordeal has caused drama, but I think I'm mentally in a place where I am comfortable working on things again with Whiteace.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 am

Hey to those that actually follow this project, after much deliberation, I have decided I no longer want to work on this project, I want to do my own thing and doing this for a long time, much longer than I’d hope has made me really feel like shit, I feel like I am just borrowing someone else’s project which in a sense is true, I did help fix a few things but in the end, I am just simply not getting the support I need for it, I understand everyone has a life and etc but I have been screwed around too many times and just when I think I was beginning to make some progress after so many months, it all went downhill pretty fast I have no motivation to do this and come to think of it, I didn’t really have a reason to continue someone else’s work either, saying things like I want to see it completed feels pretty weak.

I’ve also been thinking, I am not going to release it to the public I don’t feel like there’s much of a reason to push a version that is incomplete and somewhat buggy, maybe it’s better this way and then maybe I’ll just fade into non-existence, it’s not like a lot of people knew about this project in the first place and it wasn’t getting the attention I wanted it to, I can also say that not a lot of people wanted to see the next version of this project released and that is pretty disheartening, I feel like 80% of the time my efforts were going to waste.

I am also vowing not to bring this project up again, this is not me attempting to push the work onto someone else who can't handle the workload if you are going to do something like this, make sure you have a lot of motivation and make sure you get the skills you need to actually make it happen, I would also like to mention this, I have had some arguments with people in the Doom community all while not all of them are actually public and I am not going to list names, however one of them is even banned like the trash and cancer they were, this is another reason why I don't feel like doing it, I don't feel like releasing it to such a community like this, do with that what you will, mods/admins you may lock or do whatever you see fit with this thread.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:34 am

I think you should personally release whatever version you've got, even if it isn't as completed, which then modders and other people could fork it and continue on the mod, since it is some beautiful work and is definitely not a waste of time. Your efforts were great and really got me back into seeing a Nazi Zombies doom Mod, I'm glad you released the code in order to mod the Barriers and what-not, that helps me with my level I'm working on,(Five), along with the Moon level from another person working on that.

You really should try to push past the arguments of certain people within the Doom Community, because the whole community is rather supportive and less- cancerific than that one (or a couple) people that you may have spoke/engaged in conversation with.

TL:DR - you should release whatever final build you have of the project, for future modders to complete/fork/revise to completion, or you could take a quick break from this, and come back to it when you feel you're ready (or could do both)

In regards to "people not wanting to play the mod/ not what it grew to be" - have a look at this video:
phpBB [media]
, over 3K people viewed it and about 40 or so liked it, so i'd say people definitely want to play the mod.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Re: [Abandoned] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:51 am

Unfortunately there are more complex things here, as I stated I will not release it, I still think that I shouldn't and that is my final standpoint.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:01 pm

I would also like to mention this, I have had some arguments with people in the Doom community all while not all of them are actually public and I am not going to list names, however one of them is even banned like the trash and cancer they were, this is another reason why I don't feel like doing it, I don't feel like releasing it to such a community like this, do with that what you will, mods/admins you may lock or do whatever you see fit with this thread.
lmao poor Decay :sadface:

Also don't feel so bad. The average physical age of the community is probably less than 18 while the mental age is probably 13...

It's easy to ruffle up the feathers of people without even trying and it's possible by doing something as simple as just playing the game. It comes with the territory unfortunately and a lot of people won't blame you. However, your target audience isn't the entire community but rather your playerbase of those interested in the mod. You should at least push out something so it won't be a complete waste of time.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
However, your target audience isn't the entire community but rather your playerbase of those interested in the mod. You should at least push out something so it won't be a complete waste of time.
I agree with this standpoint, atleast release whatever he has left, finished or not and then someone else could pick up where WA left off.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:04 am

Sorry to hear about the amount of stress you had, That's kind of why I left the project originally too. Don't be so hard on yourself, Projects come and go - Use the knowledge you learned to make something new you like. I hope you're doing a bit better, I still want to thank you for teaching me quite a bit when it comes to level design. Nobody is upset at you, You did your best, We all move on. Take care, alright?

Whatever you work on next, even if it's not Doom related - I'd be interested to see.

Thanks for the experience, man.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:08 am

Sad to see such an amazing project be halted upon the heels of a massive update, one that looked like it could've/ would've included: Der Reise (as stated prior, this was 90% completed), along with Verruckt looking pretty much complete near the end wit the screenies (which would have been fitting to release, since it's just recently been 8 years since we first played that map on WAW) , and the teleporter code from Der Reise was one of the things causing you trouble, but you did have a cool Count-down clock timer for the teleporter thing... Kino definitely could've been completed as well.

The Dogs rounds were also causing you trouble, but this would've been a very big update (with new MENU PIC as well...)

The ADS sprites, from what I've seen, looked amazing as well, and so did the new zombie variants, which would've been a treat.

The Scoreboard was also updated, and it looked like (could've read wrong) that Nacht der Untoten was updated as well..

Looked like you had lots of resources from NZ:P which was really helpful too, along with those PAP'd weapons, they looked fantastic.

There are some neat posts here https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... lm_zombie/,https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... a_crawler/, here https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... mechanics/, and here https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... mechanics/, and here https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/com ... 1_powerup/ on things such as Dog mechanics, Zombie Mechanics (health etc), Napalm Zombies, Crawler Zombies, as well as Power Ups with an indepth review of each thing which would've been helpful for this project.

Hopefully you may come back to this project, after doing your own thing, and pick it up again, as it would've been stellar to play those other maps and see the details in them.

Trusty McLegit
New User

Post by Trusty McLegit » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 am

I totally respect your decision to abandon the project, but I can't understand why you wont release what you've got. I wont bother you again, but I implore you to release the latest build in case someone wants to pick up where you left off. Even if nothing actually happens with it, I don't see how it could hurt.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:16 pm

WhiteAce, I don't see the point to not release the core mod. If I was you, I would release the mod core then someguy can take care of it! Even if it's still beta, still, we can work on it!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Re: [Being bugfixed] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Alright so here's the deal, I've been feeling kind of bad for a while since I didn't release anything someone can pick up and start with and I feel I may have been too stubborn which I apologise for so what I am going to do is finish patching up all the bugs that I think really need to be fixed and ones I can actually fix and after that I'll release the PK3, which may or may not include the type 99 LMG which I am working on getting in, I didn't want to push this onto someone else, it shouldn't be other people's jobs to fix what I messed up on, I should also mention that not all of the ADS sprites and pack a punch weapons will be available I don't really feel comfortable with pushing MrEnchanter more than I have already trust me on this, that is a pretty huge workload, you won't believe how many sprites you have to put in, I think it might be somewhere around... 220 or more.

After that I am going to release a map pack wad for this which will include Blood party, Fusion, NZ edited E1M4 from the ultimate DOOM that (We've already been through this, shareware maps can be redistributed and I am actually changing a few things in the map too in order to make it compatible, it won't be entirely the same map) E1M4 happens to actually be my favourite map too, regarding if I'll still work on this after with/without people we'll see how I feel, I mean I'll happily fix any bugs that people report, unfortunately unless MrEnchanter wants to finish drawing the map for Kino Der Toten, it might not even be in the full release as for Verruckt, definitely I didn't write all that fancy code up for people who also want to map for this all for nothing... Speaking of such I am just going to go ahead and paste the full code somewhere later, it doesn't appear that I can paste it here because of a character limit.

Edit: So I need someone to test something for me, I am having trouble launching the file in Zandronum and I was wondering if I am the only person experiencing this, so I've decided to upload an incomplete build in order to make sure I haven't completely stuffed something up and hey if it works you got something to play around with while I finish verruckt and finish fixing all the bugs, if it doesn't work on Zandronum, you could probably still play it on GZDoom, hell I'll even include the Demo version of my map pack so you guys can report any bugs you find just keep in mind I haven't touched Blood party for a good while and still haven't put traps into any other map other than Blood party: NZDE 0.8 Developer/debug version 0.4 And: WhiteAces Map pack (Demo)

Edit2: Since I forgot to implement the Doom 1 textures into my Map pack like a dunce, use this texture pack with it: Doom 1 Texture pack, also, MrEnchanter told me Blood party's sky is missing, and the Nambu is making weird noises will be sure to fix and upload a new version later after more bug reports have come in so I can focus on fixing those.

This will give me some breathing room for a bit too before I start work on it again, I was actually considering getting someone else to help me work on this but the scripts are messy and I'd have to walk them through it although the new version of GZDoombuilder seems to help when reading map scripts a lot but anyway, since this is a new release, I do think I should put a changelog here:

Changelog 0.8 (Prior to DVer0.4):

Map changes/fixes:
- Updated Nacht Der Untoten:
   - Added easter egg song (not original, Cubasy's choice of song)
   - Made nametags visible in multiplayer
   - Added in Juggernog into first room (Most likely temp)
   - Updated barricade heights (Thanks to TankDempsey)
   - Fixed HUD for multiplayer
   - Updated parts of the map
   - Every player (assuming there's 4 or less) can now see each others money in multiplayer
   - Updated code to latest
- Removed Blood Party, replaced with Verruckt (Made by TankDempsey)
- Added in Kino Der Toten (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in Der Riese (Thanks to TankDempsey)

Weapon changes/fixes:
- Added in new M1A1 Carbine sprites (Thanks to Unreal38)
- Added in DP-28 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers)
- Added in Olympia (Thanks to Batandy)
- Added in Browning Auto-5 (Thanks to WhiteAce for code, unknown who made sprites)
- Added in Scoped Springfield (Thanks to JoeyTD)
- Added pickup sprite for Nambu (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers) and added to mystery box
- Added in Pack a punch sprites for MP40 and Trench gun (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- New Flamethrower, ThunderGun sprites also improved Nambu, Colt m1911, STG-44, Browning M1919, Springfield and Trench gun sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Raygun
   - New sprites (PAP, Reload and replaced original sprites) (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Improved reload sound
   - Slightly increased raygun splash radius and majorly increased splash damage
- Added in aim down sights:
   - Gewehr 43, Kar98K, Springfield, STG-44, Type 14 Nambu and Colt M1911  (Sprites and code, thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Reduced recoil when zoomed and increased recoil slightly when not zoomed
   - Reduced speed while in ADS mode which also reduces footstep frequency
- Allowed players to use melee, grenades and special grenades during Trench guns reload state
- Updated Sterling L2A3 firing sounds
- Thundergun now has a new sound (Thanks to TankDempsey)
- Players will no longer be able to drop weapons
- FG-42 will no longer push back enemies
- Fixed the molotov not being in the springfields code
- Trench gun aswell as Browning A5 allow you to use knife, grenades and etc while reloading
- Bouncing Betty smoke now fades away faster, will now see enemies from further and explode farther
- Ran into a problem with too many weapons being in one slot causes it to error out so instead Pack a punch weapons will be in 2nd slot
- Player voices won't play unless the player is actually doing that action (For example, if reloading now, voice will say he is reloading)

General additions/changes/fixes:
- Gameover screen is now fixed as it was broken for a while
- File size is now lower, did this to avoid a scenario where someone with low bandwidth couldn't download the wad
- Players can no longer jump over zombies
- Nuke will no longer generate how many monsters it has killed, instead it will now just simply kill enemies (Nuke will now also work in GZDoom)
- Fixed grenade animations not showing on a massive amount of weapons
- Fixed more than 1 powerup spawning at a time by replacing the dropped items with a RandomSpawner
- Hud now displays correctly in each resolution and is bigger (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Power system now works, players must turn it on before attempting to buy traps and certain perks
- Players will no longer be able to buy perks should that perk they are trying to buy be in their inventory
- Runners now attack players slightly faster, not too fast as to not break the game
- Zombies will now hurt players near a barricade, done to prevent player from exploiting the barricades to an extent
- Changed players view height, player is now slightly taller
- Players will now be able to use special grenades in Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom
- Footsteptime is changed, less footstep noises are heard when the player moves while in ADS
- Changed Staminup from a powerup to an inventory item which made it easier to tweak players speed more accurately
- New Instakill and Max Ammo sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in new 3D Perk-a-cola machines to see these be in OpenGL and type GL_Use_Models 1 in the console
- Added in Double points
- Added Hardcore modes (Take more damage while playing it)
- Added in Zombie attack sounds which play before zombie attacks player
- Added in Vanish sound for Instakill
- New power on sound (Although temporary)
- Added in HUD icons for Molotov and Sticky grenades
- New zombie sprites for runners and normal zombies (Thanks to ZioMccall)
- Added in script for Dog rounds
- Perk machines now display a "You must turn on the power first!" if power is not on
- Players will now taunt after killing 8 zombies (Random chance of taunting after 8, wouldn't want it to get too annoying)
- Fixed gameover health regen spamming the screen and sounds
- Scoreboard will now update every so often and can be toggled on and off
- New player voices (Thanks to MrEnchanter for VA)
   - Includes zombie kill voices
   - Removed old voices
- Turret now plays a sound when firing (Uses Browning M1919 fire sound, untill I can find a better one)
- Perks now play jingles when the player buys them

Removed features:
- Took out player controlled taunts

Multiplayer fixes: 
- Fixed points showing incorrectly for second and first player in a multiplayer game
- Took out clientside effects on a single script, this should stop the players screen from having a fit whilst firing off a round
- Scoreboard now shows each individuals points and kills (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a player leaves the game, causing the money system to not display other players money values

Dev/Mapper notes:
- More decorate stuff for mappers:
   - Zombie corpses (Sprites, thanks to ZioMccall)
   - Bottles, shotglass, meteorite piece, nazi flag stand, gramaphone, decaying corpse, brainjar (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Hanging soldier (Thanks to TankDemspey)
   - Grass
   - Teleporter pad, pack a punch, perk machines (Thanks to NZ:P Team)
- Fixed the cluttered mess that was NZDE0.8.PK3:
   - Actors, Sprites and Textures are now organized in files (Organizing textures, thanks to MrEnchanter)
   - Decorate lump has tags for finding things easier using Ctrl+F
   - Renamed a few other actor lumps
- Added a ton of new textures (Including wallitem textures) (Thanks to MrEnchanter and WhiteAce)
- Removed Titlepic stuff (was unused and I don't think there would be a use for it now)
- Because weapons are now undroppable, due to this you should probably remove Colt45 at the start of the round in the scripts, should you use an alt weapon otherwise it'll stay in players inventory
- Had to change Specialgrenades names to SpecGrenades, it was causing issues with Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Re: [0.8(Dver0.4)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

So umm whoops, the 2 files I had up there were really messed up, I would like to formally apologise for that and double posting I felt it was sort of urgent and I am technically updating it.
Files: map pack and the main file/pk3

Here are the changelogs for both:

NZDE 0.8 (Dver0.5) Changelog:

MAP03: Verruckt
- Replaced old music system with new one, now you have to activate a certain toilet 3 times in a row
- Changed all textures that were from Skulltextures.wad (Sorry Tank, I'll eventually replace those ones with better textures)
- Added one additional buyable room

MAP05: Der Riese
- Fixed all texture errors when opening the map

Fixes:
- Fixed the Bar having the wrong ready sprite (I was seeing how that other sprite would look, since I never used the Bar a lot after that, I pretty much forgot)
- Fixed zombies not spawning... AT ALL! So sorry guys

Changes:
- Removed Skulltextures.wad from the pk3

WhiteAce's map pack Changelog Demo V0.2:

MAP06: Blood party
- Fixed the noise that would play when players used ADS
- Fixed a missing skybox
- Fixed Zombies not spawning at all

MAP07: Command Control
- Fixed a barricade where the zombies could get into the lower room without it being opened
- Implemented Doom textures for Doom 2 tex pack into wad, players no longer have to load it with the texture pack
- Implemented a temporary fix for dogs giving maxammo at the end of the dog round
@Self, remember to actually check things next time, you can't just release something without going over all the other maps first you dunce! "They should be fine, I checked them a week ago." My ass.

Debaser94

Re: [0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by Debaser94 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks for the update. Now onto one bug I've found so far.

in "Verruckt", from the second spawn point (the room with the Revive Perk-a-Cola Machine), you can walk through the barricades within that area.

Verruckt: Some doors wont open even after the power is turned on; Revive Perk-A-Cola Machine wouldnt let me purchase the perk. (Then again, this is a Dev Build so i can understand).

Der Reise: Only real "bug" i found was that when I PAP'd my Double Barrel Shotgun, after i PAP'd it, it was taken away and unavailable to me. I then Pap'd the Colt and it was available (but after purchasing a Gwehr or any other gun, the Gwehr was the only one available upon selection of weapons). This could just be the fact that not all PAP'd guns have sprites and whatnot but just wanted to point that out as well.

The Maps themselves are phenomenal!

Will update if i find more bugs/ fixes to be made.

Addendum: I know WW had a mod called Nazis V2, and he did have some Panzerchreck sprites (alogn with Pick-up sprites) that could be used instead of the current Doom-type ones that are in the game :exclaim:

The only thing about Der Riese I'm finding trouble with, is the light, and how dark it is in alot of the map. if the brightness could be tweaked in certain areas ever so slightly, then it would be good, but most of the map is A-Okay but it is a bit too dark
Last edited by Debaser94 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Debaser94 wrote:Thanks for the update. Now onto one bug I've found so far.

in "Verruckt", from the second spawn point (the room with the Revive Perk-a-Cola Machine), you can walk through the barricades within that area.

Verruckt: Some doors wont open even after the power is turned on; Revive Perk-A-Cola Machine wouldnt let me purchase the perk. (Then again, this is a Dev Build so i can understand).

Will update if i find more bugs/ fixes to be made.
Yeah, Verruckt is still being worked on at this moment and not all rooms/barricades are in yet, the randomspawn system doesn't work in Zandro 2.2 either so i am looking for a work around until it updates to 3.0, maybe randomly silent teleport the player to a different map spot and please do, I want wring out as many bugs as possible.

Also, did you know that the pack a punch weapons are assigned to the number 2 instead of 1? Or did it not even work with mouse scroll? Regarding the panzer sprites, I'd have to find out which artist made them and I'd have to view them for myself.

Alright so here is a list of bugs/things I know of:
- Mystery box weapon removal/false string probably a miscalculation error
- Gameover screen doesn't work on Verruckt/Command Control probably due to me taking out a script to do with Revive while I work on it, will probably be re implemented into the maps, I think the script is somewhat buggy and I am looking for alternatives instead of checking players health + Der Riese uses NDU's gameover song
- There is a crash to do with the raygun splash damage, being too close to a zombie and having juggernog, it instantly freezes the screen, I have been looking into it but so far the only thing I can think of is to remove the splash damage damaging the player
- The teleport pad in Der Riese can spam a certain sound in the countdown if the player activates it at certain point while it is counting down singular numerals and I must say, this one is the biggest pain in the ass but after posting, I realise I can teleport the sound away if I use thingsound
- Verruckt is not fully finished so some areas you can simply walk out of the barricades and not all the rooms/weapons/perks are implemented/buy-able
- Der Riese might possibly be too dark, will turn up the lighting a bit after switching from Zandronum to GZDoom, I can see a clear difference

With a few notes of the things I'll implement in the next release which I will start work on a month from now seeming as I have some real things to deal with and I can't really do a lot with this computer at the moment anyway here:
- More bugfixes (Definitely)
- Verruckt will definitely be finished, with a gameover screen
- Brighten Der reise by 16 (Should help, a lot)
- Command Control will have a custom gameover screen
- Fusion will have a playable demo
- Blood party will now have a final room where you can buy pack a punch weapons from, I am currently looking for a texture to block off a section of the area in the underground loading area, a raygun will also be purchasable in a visible yet seemingly hidden area and may require some pushing of buttons around the map and they will be randomly generated:
Spoiler: screenshots (Open)
ImageImage
My hopes: To get atleast 2 more pack a punch weapons in and even add in the type 99, speaking of such after this convo I'll go talk to Joey.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 am

@WhiteAce : Credits from NazisV2 readme state: "Panzerschreck sprites - from Wolfenstein 2009 by Raven Software, rip by BouncyTEM, very minor edit by wildweasel. Pickup sprite drawn from scratch (Wildweasel)." If you want I could PM you the sprites?

EDIT: Also, I found just a texture glitch, where it shows a grenade wall-buy sprite, but states "Hold Use to buy Glock 18" by one of the teleporters in Der Riese

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:37 am

So I responded to a message not too long ago and I thought I would share my thoughts here because it concerns the future of this mod:

I am not really planning on making any additions apart from finishing verruckt and completing my map pack I am just focusing on bugfixes for now, things like different sprites are easy to implement all while I am sure people want to see more stuff, I feel like I need to take a huge break or part from this after all my time in modding I have only been known for this mod, I have never ventured and done pretty much anything else and that to me is a little depressing, I don't want to be known as that 1 guy who has only made 1 thing, when I started working on this, I was 15 I am now close to turning 22 I feel like much of my time was wasted cleaning up a mess that someone else left, after I feel like I am done fixing the bugs, I am dropping this project and leaving it as a final release.

I have actually been in contact with some people for a while now, but it seems like they are kind of uninterested in helping me or letting me help them either that or we just don't get along well at all, I think I need to spend some time working on something to show the community in order to catch people's attention, I also feel like I might be a bit too ambitious, on paper my ideas seem absolutely ridiculous but in my mind I can see how everything is going to work and unfortunately I usually never surrender to having something less, maybe I am a pain to work with?

Well anyway to summarise for those who don't want to read this entire post after Verruckt, my map pack and bug fixing is finished, I'll drop the project and then move onto something else I can devote my time to either being a personal project or working on something with someone else.

EDIT: Due to the size of the clip, the gun will be offhand Image