[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Neo
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7.4] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by Neo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:30 am

What is the song in Blood Party? that song is great.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 am

There's two in the version you have, Mudvayne - Forget to remember and the other is All That Remains - Two Weeks, I ended up changing it to just one song which is Forget to remember and also changed the way the person activates the easter egg.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Neo
Forum Regular

Post by Neo » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:50 pm

WhiteAce wrote: There's two in the version you have, Mudvayne - Forget to remember and the other is All That Remains - Two Weeks, I ended up changing it to just one song which is Forget to remember and also changed the way the person activates the easter egg.
Yeah there was this guy or dummy outside idk what he was. And i shot him and the song started.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:43 am

Neo wrote: Yeah there was this guy or dummy outside idk what he was. And i shot him and the song started.
Well I guess in simple terms I would say to shoot at the statue to get it but the linedef that enables you to trigger the script that plays the music is actually in-between the lantern in-front of the statue.

EDIT: So it has occured to me that Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom share the same bug with the special grenades, I originally thought this was Zandro's fault but I hadn't looked into what happens when I try certain stuff in GZDoom meaning that well I was wrong on another note I started working on pack a punch (I've nearly got this worked out) and I was wondering if anyone would like to continue contributing to the development of this project.

So far this is what I had in mind, us devs (Corpse Corps, yes I formed a team) decided we are going to make a map pack, not all of the devs are going to contribute, especially those that can't map and I will be supervising the code meaning you worry about the map, I'll input the code and do everything that needs to be done, ACS is still a strain to me but I do understand Cubasy's code a lot, I wouldn't be this far without it and well I was going to split blood party from the main PK3 and put it into this map pack so that we we'd only have pretty much the originals in the PK3, also Fabysk if you are watching this thread to save me the time of PM'ing you, what do you think about this idea? Since you are going to be doing some stuff maybe it's best we get some input from you.

One last thing, I changed the things I have to do for 0.8 before it is released I am also going to say it won't be ready by this x-mas, we are all working slowly on this and some of us do get bored from time to time.

Code: Select all

Things to do for 0.8:
- Add in MrEnchanter's Wunderwaffe and Monkey bomb sprites (When they are finished)
- Allow perks to be used on weapons rather than changing to a different actor
- Redo Titlemap credits for less clutter
- Wait for all ADS sprites to be done (MrEnchanter is working on this)
- Reduce weapon speed when ADS
- Add in Browning Auto 5
- Allow quake effect (slightly) for dog spawning in (Might lag things a bit, might have to check this over again to see if there is a solution to get this effect without causing lag in multiplayer)
- Add in new raygun effects
- Add in new Hellhound sprites (ZioMccall's job to make them)
- Add in all of the perks from BO1 (Including drinking sprites, the perks themselves might be a little difficult because I don't know how to do this for mule kick other than Dehacked and I'd rather not use it)
- Fix specialgrenade glitch in GZDoom and Zandro 3.0 (seems simple, might just do with the fact that I use special somewhere where I shouldn't)
- Fix zombies getting stuck in one spot (Cubasy actually had worked on something like this, if the player was camping in a certain section it would teleport the zombies to a different spawn area)
- Add in Pack a punch system
- Add in crawlers (Forgot to ask Zio for this, might be a bit of work though)
- Add in new Lobby (LoisMustDie555 is working on this I am going to supervise it and edit it heavily when it's done though, The main code is from Fabysk's Project 115)
- More edits to wallbuy code, it is not quite right yet
- Fix health regen spamming sounds when game is over (annoying... It really is)

Things to do for multiplayer:
- Fix bug that occurs when a player leaves the game in multiplayer causing the screen to have a fit and execute the revive code over and over without end (Might be just with bots, we'll see though)
- Fix Revive code
- Fix random text appearing on screen when player has died

Maybe:
- Fix mystery box "no gun" glitch indefinitely (I might have to ask for some help on this but it might take someone a week to study the code and it's pretty messy, I always say I am going to clean it up some day but I never do)
- Add in headshot system

Can't fix:
- Hud flickering during multiplayer (it is ping based)
So add that onto the list of things actually done and it's look like it will definitely be a huge update.

* = Subject to be removed

Map changes/fixes:
- Updated Nacht Der Untoten:
	- Added easter egg song
	- Made nametags visible in multiplayer
	- Added in Juggernog into first room
	- Updated barricades (Thanks to TankDempsey)
	- Fixed HUD for multiplayer
	- Updated parts of the map
	- Every player (assuming there's 4 or less) can now see each others money in multiplayer
* - Updated Blood Party:
	- Stairs in 2nd room now go both ways to prevent zombies from getting stuck
	- Kar98K added in player 2 spawn 
	- Perk machines no longer have their lights on when power is off
	- Changed how to activate music easter egg
	- Fixed barricade text flickering 
	- Replaced shutters with blocking lines
	- Added small easter egg allowing players to access PPSh-41
	- Added in trap system
	- Overall improved the look of the map
- Added in Kino Der Toten (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in Der Riese (Thanks to TankDemspey)

Weapon changes/fixes:
- Added in new M1A1 Carbine sprites (Thanks to Unreal38)
- Added in DP-28 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers)
- Added in Olympia (Thanks to Batandy)
- Added pickup sprite for Nambu (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers) and added to mystery box
- Added in Pack a punch sprites for MP40, Trench gun and Raygun (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- New Flamethrower, ThunderGun sprites also improved Nambu, Colt m1911, STG-44, Browning M1919, Springfield and Trench gun sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- New Raygun sprites, improved reload sound, slightly increased raygun splash radius and splash damage (Sprites, thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in aim down sights:
	- Gewehr 43, Kar98K, Springfield, STG-44, Type 14 Nambu and Colt M1911  (Sprites and code, thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Reduced recoil when zoomed and increased recoil slightly when not zoomed
- Allowed players to use melee, grenades and special grenades during Trench guns reload state
- Updated Sterling L2A3 firing sounds
- Thundergun now has a new sound (Thanks to TankDempsey)

Additions:
- New Instakill and Max Ammo sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in new 3D Perk-a-cola machines to see these be in OpenGL and type GL_Use_Models 1 in the console
- Added in Double points
- Added Hardcore modes (Take more damage while playing it)
- Added in Zombie attack sounds which play before zombie attacks player
- Added in Vanish sound for Instakill
- New power on sound (Although temporary)
- Added in HUD icons for Molotov and Sticky grenades
- New zombie sprites for runners and normal zombies (Thanks to ZioMccall)
- Added in script for Dog rounds
- Perk machines now display a "You must turn on the power first!" if power is not on

Fixes:
- Gameover screen is now fixed as it was broken for a while
- File size is now lower, did this to avoid a scenario where someone with low bandwidth couldn't download the wad
- Players can no longer jump over zombies
- Nuke will no longer generate how many monsters it has killed, instead it will now just simply kill enemies (Nuke will now also work in GZDoom)
- Fixed grenade animations not showing on a massive amount of weapons
- Fixed more than 1 powerup spawning at a time by replacing the dropped items with a RandomSpawner
- Hud now displays correctly in each resolution and is bigger (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Bouncing Betty smoke now fades away faster, will now see enemies from further and explode farther
- Power system now works
- Players will no longer be able to buy perks should that perk they are trying to buy be in their inventory
- Runners now attack players slightly faster, not too fast as to not break the game
- Zombies will now hurt players near a barricade, done to prevent player from exploiting the barricades to an extent
- Further adjusted player speed with different weapons
- Changed players view height, player is now slightly taller

Multiplayer fixes: 
- Fixed points showing incorrectly for second and first player in a multiplayer game
- Took out clientside effects on player weapons, this should stop the players screen from having a fit whilst firing off a round
- Scoreboard now shows each individuals points and kills (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a player leaves the game, causing the money system to not display other players money values

Dev/Mapper notes:
- More decorate stuff for mappers:
	- Zombie corpses (Sprites, thanks to ZioMccall)
	- Bottles, shotglass, meteorite piece, nazi flag stand, gramaphone, decaying corpse, brainjar (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Hanging soldier (Thanks to TankDemspey)
	- Grass
	- Teleporter pad, pack a punch, perk machines (Thanks to NZ:P Team)
- Fixed the cluttered mess that was NZDE0.8.PK3:
	- Actors, Sprites and Textures are now organized in files (Organizing textures, thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Decorate lump has tags for finding things easier using Ctrl+F
	- Renamed a few other actor lumps
- Added a ton of new textures (Including wallitem textures) (Thanks to MrEnchanter and WhiteAce)
- Removed Titlepic stuff (was unused and I don't think there would be a use for it now)
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:51 am

Dude, have you planned to released it for christmas? Because it's near now!
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Still much more to do and I don't think i would release it x-mas day because I'll be spending time with my family, I don't think I want to keep anyone's family from them either, I know some people who actually live and breathe off of this mod.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:17 pm

WhiteAce, I've made a lobby Black Ops 3 zombies style!

You can have it but you'll need to copy paste script after downloading!
Just don't add the pictures. Texts should be okay!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddfi7 ... +lobby.wad
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:01 am

Angel_Neko_X wrote: WhiteAce, I've made a lobby Black Ops 3 zombies style!

You can have it but you'll need to copy paste script after downloading!
Just don't add the pictures. Texts should be okay!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddfi7 ... +lobby.wad
Looks suspiciously like Ghoul's Forest to me.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Ol' Jim Bowie would be proud.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:13 pm

WhiteAce, check what I've found! It should be a death machine for this mod!

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:25 am

Angel_Neko_X wrote: WhiteAce, check what I've found! It should be a death machine for this mod!
With a lot of work, yes it could be, but quite frankly that is poorly done.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:00 am

Well guys starting today I am going to get to round 100 to see how the mechanics work after it and if it all goes smoothly I might see if I can make it to round 1000, I am of course going to be using cheats

Anyway a quick changelist revision:

Map changes/fixes:
- Updated Nacht Der Untoten:
	- Added easter egg song
	- Made nametags visible in multiplayer
	- Added in Juggernog into first room
	- Updated barricades (Thanks to TankDempsey)
	- Fixed HUD for multiplayer
	- Updated parts of the map
	- Every player (assuming there's 4 or less) can now see each others money in multiplayer
- Updated Blood Party:
	- Stairs in 2nd room now go both ways to prevent zombies from getting stuck
	- Kar98K added in player 2 spawn 
	- Changed sawn off shotgun in red carpet hall to Browning A-5
	- Perk machines no longer have their lights on when power is off
	- Changed how to activate music easter egg
	- Fixed barricade text flickering 
	- Replaced shutters with blocking lines
	- Added small easter egg allowing players to access PPSh-41
	- Added in trap system
	- Dogs will now spawn in every 6th round
	- Overall improved the look of the map
- Added in Kino Der Toten (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in Der Riese (Thanks to TankDemspey)

Weapon changes/fixes:
- Added in new M1A1 Carbine sprites (Thanks to Unreal38)
- Added in DP-28 (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers)
- Added in Olympia (Thanks to Batandy)
- Added in Browning Auto-5 (Thanks to WhiteAce for code, unknown who made sprites)
- Added pickup sprite for Nambu (Thanks to Sgt. Shivers) and added to mystery box
- Added in Pack a punch sprites for MP40 and Trench gun (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- New Flamethrower, ThunderGun sprites also improved Nambu, Colt m1911, STG-44, Browning M1919, Springfield and Trench gun sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Raygun
	- New sprites (PAP, Reload and replaced original sprites) (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Improved reload sound
	- Slightly increased raygun splash radius and majorly increased splash damage
- Added in aim down sights:
	- Gewehr 43, Kar98K, Springfield, STG-44, Type 14 Nambu and Colt M1911  (Sprites and code, thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Reduced recoil when zoomed and increased recoil slightly when not zoomed
	- Reduced speed while in ADS mode
- Allowed players to use melee, grenades and special grenades during Trench guns reload state
- Updated Sterling L2A3 firing sounds
- Thundergun now has a new sound (Thanks to TankDempsey)
- Players will no longer be able to drop weapons
- FG-42 will no longer push back enemies
- Fixed the molotov not being in the springfields code
- Trench gun aswell as Browning allow you to use knife, grenades and etc while reloading

Additions:
- New Instakill and Max Ammo sprites (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
- Added in new 3D Perk-a-cola machines to see these be in OpenGL and type GL_Use_Models 1 in the console
- Added in Double points
- Added Hardcore modes (Take more damage while playing it)
- Added in Zombie attack sounds which play before zombie attacks player
- Added in Vanish sound for Instakill
- New power on sound (Although temporary)
- Added in HUD icons for Molotov and Sticky grenades
- New zombie sprites for runners and normal zombies (Thanks to ZioMccall)
- Added in script for Dog rounds
- Perk machines now display a "You must turn on the power first!" if power is not on

Fixes:
- Gameover screen is now fixed as it was broken for a while
- File size is now lower, did this to avoid a scenario where someone with low bandwidth couldn't download the wad
- Players can no longer jump over zombies
- Nuke will no longer generate how many monsters it has killed, instead it will now just simply kill enemies (Nuke will now also work in GZDoom)
- Fixed grenade animations not showing on a massive amount of weapons
- Fixed more than 1 powerup spawning at a time by replacing the dropped items with a RandomSpawner
- Hud now displays correctly in each resolution and is bigger (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Bouncing Betty smoke now fades away faster, will now see enemies from further and explode farther
- Power system now works
- Players will no longer be able to buy perks should that perk they are trying to buy be in their inventory
- Runners now attack players slightly faster, not too fast as to not break the game
- Zombies will now hurt players near a barricade, done to prevent player from exploiting the barricades to an extent
- Further adjusted player speed with different weapons
- Changed players view height, player is now slightly taller
- Players will now be able to use special grenades in Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom

Multiplayer fixes: 
- Fixed points showing incorrectly for second and first player in a multiplayer game
- Took out clientside effects on player weapons, this should stop the players screen from having a fit whilst firing off a round
- Scoreboard now shows each individuals points and kills (Thanks to TheCubasy)
- Fixed an issue that occurs when a player leaves the game, causing the money system to not display other players money values

Dev/Mapper notes:
- More decorate stuff for mappers:
	- Zombie corpses (Sprites, thanks to ZioMccall)
	- Bottles, shotglass, meteorite piece, nazi flag stand, gramaphone, decaying corpse, brainjar (Thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Hanging soldier (Thanks to TankDemspey)
	- Grass
	- Teleporter pad, pack a punch, perk machines (Thanks to NZ:P Team)
- Fixed the cluttered mess that was NZDE0.8.PK3:
	- Actors, Sprites and Textures are now organized in files (Organizing textures, thanks to MrEnchanter)
	- Decorate lump has tags for finding things easier using Ctrl+F
	- Renamed a few other actor lumps
- Added a ton of new textures (Including wallitem textures) (Thanks to MrEnchanter and WhiteAce)
- Removed Titlepic stuff (was unused and I don't think there would be a use for it now)
- Because weapons are now undroppable, due to this you should probably remove Colt45 at the start of the round in the scripts, otherwise it'll stay in players inventory
- Had to change Specialgrenades names to SpecGrenades, it was causing issues with Zandro 3.0 and GZDoom

Neo
Forum Regular

Post by Neo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Hey i found a map that would be great in this wad. Okay so if anyone here has played Pirate Doom theres a level called lost city. It would be fantastic for this. because if you want to look at it historically they were exploreing lost ruins for treasure. Just a thought when i can ill post some screen shots of the map and talk to the author about permission.

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Post by MrEnchanter » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:20 am

Wunderwaffe DG-2!!

Neo
Forum Regular

Post by Neo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:36 am

MrEnchanter wrote: Wunderwaffe DG-2!!

Thats amazeing! ^

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:58 pm

I believe that wunder weapon ist wunderbar
Neo wrote: Hey i found a map that would be great in this wad. Okay so if anyone here has played Pirate Doom theres a level called lost city. It would be fantastic for this. because if you want to look at it historically they were exploreing lost ruins for treasure. Just a thought when i can ill post some screen shots of the map and talk to the author about permission.
If you could pull some screenshots that'd be great, the author would also have to know that his map could be modified by me.

EDIT: Small update, I have one of our members on our team (TankDempsey) Working on Verruckt and Shi no numa while I am working on a linedef based code for the swamp in Shi no Numa (Could use the TERRAIN lump but I'd prefer to use something that allows a lay over of 3D floors so that way underneath the water can be edited too with slopes) the other thing I'd like to mention is that I have started building a pack a punch code, a lot of the weapons are currently missing pack a punch sprites but if you viewed MrEnchanter's earlier posts, you should know to expect great things for now I've got him working on the WunderWaffe and after that is done I am going to create a code for that, it should be fun I've laid out my options before me and I'll test them all.

EDIT 2: Another update, this is just a bit of a teaser but well take a look at what some of you might know as "Zombie Asylum" by TankDempsey, it's not fully finished yet but it's looking great.
Spoiler: Verruckt teaser (Open)

MrEnchanter
Forum Regular

Re: [0.7.4] NZ:DE (Thread Reboot)

Post by MrEnchanter » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:10 pm

So I redid the Nailgun...

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:26 pm

You nailed it

EDIT: I want to talk about a few things first and foremost I have made some really game changing updates to the mod, some of which you may or may not like, first off I have made it so the zombies will damage the player if they are attacking the barricades and it is probably going to be there to stay, second of all I have modified the players movement speed to a degree, players are now slightly slower I am also going to change the way staminup acts by making an inventory item that is checked third and lastly I have changed quick revive, players will bleed out in multiplayer if left alone and with they will not be able to respawn until the round is over.

I would also like to take the time to make an announcement, it is not very big but I feel as if I will be getting asked the same amount of questions over and over again so I have decided will include an about or info on the mod along with how to get it to run like mine does, it seems like people are still confused about what the mod actually is and what they can expect from it and I am going to end it on this note, it is absolutely not and I repeat, not a swan fox mod or anything made by the user who goes by Angel_Neko_X/Shiga95 and so on.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:47 am

WhiteAce wrote:You nailed it
I would also like to take the time to make an announcement, it is not very big but I feel as if I will be getting asked the same amount of questions over and over again so I have decided will include an about or info on the mod along with how to get it to run like mine does, it seems like people are still confused about what the mod actually is and what they can expect from it and I am going to end it on this note, it is absolutely not and I repeat, not a swan fox mod or anything made by the user who goes by Angel_Neko_X/Shiga95 and so on.
I'm the only guy who can make Swan Fox mods, also, if you think that Swan Fox Zombies is in work, well, it's totally in ice since the main mod is currently in work, all ACS, stuffs, etc...

Also, I rather put my map as "Knee Deep in the Undead" map or the map where there's no weapons on the walls and no perks, just an random box.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 am

Fuck, I am sorry guys it turns out I lost all of the files on the other hand I have started to redraw everything from scratch and I think you guys will be impressed with what I have so far.

I also have another announcement to make, from now on I will be turning the entire thing into swan fox, it appears this is what you guys wanted so I figured it should have anime arms hand drawn by me.