[0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Debaser94

Re: [0.8(Dver0.5)] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (Thread Reboot)

Post by Debaser94 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm

How far, if at all was Shi No Numa from @TankDempsey? I also don't know how far Moon is currently, because I havent been in contact with said person whom was mapping for it, so Idk if you have those files @WhiteAce (for Moon i mean). Would be cool if we could finish that up as well some time later though.. wouldn't be too hard depending on the mapping of other people. But as you stated this would be a final release, so it would be forked afterwards with said maps if not completed once WA's final release hits.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:52 pm

I think Tank worked on Shi no numa for a time and then stopped, I have a feeling he was troubled on how to do the map layout, honestly I was thinking about doing it myself since I would have to put all the new code into it so that way we could have barriers over 3D floors while not affecting the area below it, when it comes to making a map I like to think of myself as a perfectionist so what I'd like to do is make the entire map with atleast 70-80% accuracy to the original and shi no numa would need a whole lot of 3D floors.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 pm

If you want to, you can keep that Ghoul's Forest based map I made long ago (if you happened to still have it) but even then I'm not too upset if you decide to remove it entirely. Let alone I've been working on experimental mapping things elsewhere.

Nice to see you're doing okay man, Do what you enjoy after all.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 am

Here's the Death Machine powerup: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jbvcabn9i ... 282%29.wad (Code by Zen3001 - sprites from Project Brutality 2.03)

I think the powerup just needs to last longer is all.. it goes too fast...

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:49 am

So I was looking through the old skulltag thread and I found this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It seemed rather interesting and I might take it on also tank I forgot to tell you, when my old PC started messing up, I lost your ghouls forest map however if I were to get back onto it, I'd be making some changes for when the player opens the door out of the Cabin and it might be a little bad on slow PC's because I'll change the zombie limit on map to 100, speaking of such I am actually going to go try that on Blood party and see how long I survive, it's a map with cramped rooms.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:13 am

Another little nitpick: the "Double Points" powerup displays an Insta Kill powerup instead (when playing Der Riese)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:53 am

Debaser94 wrote:Another little nitpick: the "Double Points" powerup displays an Insta Kill powerup instead (when playing Der Riese)
That's all the time, I have no replacement for double points, and you'll notice double points is a static image instead of a rotating one like insta kill.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

I definently still have the Ghoul map's raw map files on hand in my Mediafire, But I'll probably share them later should you want decide to recode them from scratch, Really don't wanna overwork you like that.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 am

never mind. lol. Didn't properly set my key binds... thought the Bouncing betty's didn't work... as for the Wonderwaffte .. the code is in there... just not the weapon no?

EDIT: Here's a good video describing how brutal doom uses hatboxes, in a clear way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upd69t6CCKI

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 pm

I just wanted everyone to know that after the next version of NZDE, I will be dropping multiplayer support for Zandronum 2.1.2 for this mod and start building it for GZDoom single player based instead, what this means is I will no longer be working on the multiplayer code, which should be if you are attempting to play multiplayer it might be really bad and outdated in future versions, the multiplayer code and Zandronum is actually holding back a lot of the things I wish to put in, that is not desirable or favorable I am entirely sure many of you would argue that this is not the best decision given how much time and effort was put into the code in the first place and well it looks like Torr might be planning to merge Zandro's multiplayer code with GZDoom or at least something better than what GZDoom has.

This is the decision I am most comfortable with that will help me when it comes to being motivated to do something, I should also say I absolutely suck at multiplayer code if someone wants to take over revising the code to make it multiplayer friendly after the full release of 0.8 they are welcome to so long as they include the credits in full and it's not going to be an easy task given how much of a train wreck this mod is when it comes to playing multiplayer, if a players ping is over 120, you might as well forget even playing online, I should also as a final note mention I have made a thread on Zdoom forums.

Debaser94

Post by Debaser94 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:03 am

Hey WhiteAce, any updates on this ?

So I noticed that when i Pap'd my trench gun (this is after I bought the machete aka bowie knife) that when i used E to use my machete, the regular knife that the player starts with was used, so in reality I had both the Machete and the Starting Knife (as I had used one after the other after switching guns).

Here's some screenies of the remake of "Facility" from Nazi Zombies Black Ops DS:

http://imgur.com/XfdV1cN
http://imgur.com/MfMv5Rn
http://imgur.com/U3WOKDg
http://imgur.com/8YBnSRY
http://imgur.com/oY7KdkP
http://imgur.com/toLsHix

This map is pretty much complete (except the coding/ perk machines/ Pack a punch machines) are not in, and neither are the wall weapon textures (and some missing textures as well.) but currently it's about 70% complete?

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Haven't been working on this for a while, I have other priorities however I've managed to get some files off of one of my old hard drives expect to see them sometime soon after I am done sorting all of them out and fixing what needs to be fixed, I had to actually reset my computer pretty recently which means I have to re-download all of my modding tools.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Can you update links in the OP they seem dead. (The videos at least)
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Fixed, I also changed the video tag to media tag, I am going to need a new video unfortunately I don't have the time or the right computer to record one.

Edit: One of these maps is actually giving me a bit of trouble, it's not loading properly the geometry is loading but it keeps erroring out every time I put down a thing nor will it read any of my scripts possibly corrupt? I pasted the geometry over to a new map and was probably going to rewrite the script anyway since it contains a lot that is no longer used but it's not letting me copy the things, this is pretty demotivating it might take me a few more weeks while I find the time and motivation to deal with this.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:03 pm

I would like to inform those that are currently following this topic that I will halt progress for a while, I have to gather some money to get parts to build a new computer as this one has run it's course as I am having issues with the OS I was actually being cheap and using PC's that were handed down to me and this PC happened to have windows 10 which I absolutely loathe, honestly I've never built my own computer or messed with hardware but I get the feeling I will learn quickly as there is plenty of useful info online (And some probably not so useful), however in saying that if anyone knows something about building a computer please give me advice.

I would also like to inform people who are reading this topic that I had the files I had planned to release ready, however after windows 10's lovely feature (BSOD) I had attempted to hard reset my computer and all while it failed to completely delete everything, it turns out a lot of my files are corrupted and it made me want to pull out my hair out however I persevered and somehow managed to get a system restore point to work, but for now I decided against working on any projects until I actually have a decent computer, I had to re-download GZDoom and Zandronum (2.1.2 because 3.0 doesn't work properly for me as has already been established) for whatever reason none of the monsters would attack me no matter what I tried and yes I was like "huh?" too, it was very weird, it made me want to bang my head against the wall.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:59 pm

My only computer building advice is to be very careful to make sure to buy parts that all work together. the CPU will require a certain motherboard chipset, which will only support certain types of memory and power supplies and CPU coolers, and some CPU coolers might not fit in your case. You would have to try very hard to find a motherboard that doesn't support SATA and PCIe, so you will be pretty safe getting a SATA drive and a PCIe graphics card. Most motherboards have good-enough on-board sound, so a dedicated sound card would be a luxury, but it would sound better. Motherboards often have on-board LAN as well, so you will need a LAN card only if your motherboard doesn't have one. You might have already known most of this. Carefully research each part to decide if that is the right one for you.

It has been three years since I built my last computer, so more up-to-date details will have to come from somebody else.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:25 pm

Thank you for the advice Empyre, I actually just looked at the OP because I needed to re-download the Dev Version I put up a while back and I found out the spoilers were broken, not my fault I can't fix it I did try to though, on the preview it looked fine atleast, I also wanted to post an update, I've got someone ripping some sprites for me to use as Iron Sights, this might mean some of the weapons might need an overhaul in terms of looks, I am not sure how I might accomplish this but I will try my hand at spriting, I'll also be uploading a more updated version of my map pack here so that way I don't lose it just got to finish checking for bugs and other things I might have in there that might have been just for fun, if you want to download it get it here: WhiteAce's Map pack (Demo V0.3)

It has a more updated version of Command Control, still not fully done but I've upgraded the map more aesthetically to fit the zombies theme and also to fix some issues people might have while playing it you can access the Speed cola in the next room now but the zombies won't spawn in there I forgot to do that a while back, you may notice Blood Party now has a pack a punch room, yes Blood Party will have pack a punch in that storage bay, all I need to do now is add in one extra room, I am sure everyone who played the previous version noticed the outside walkway with a door at the end, yes that will be a new room with a boss fight in it after completing the short easter egg I have planned, I have the prefab for the room but I haven't added it into the map just yet, I also have the script for it all worked out in my head I am just hoping to find some suitable sprites, what I really want is a zombie that looks like it took steroids.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:13 pm

So uh I just wanted to ask a simple question, does anyone else see this when they load up my map pack? I get the feeling this issue is to do with my computer but then I loaded it without my map pack, and I know the map pack might possibly be the issue here but the ashwall texture just completely disappears and then there's that weird bug where I put in an ADS sprite and I had to change the frame name of the sprite in order to get it to work correctly IE it showed the previous one which I had already deleted from the folder which makes me believe it may not actually be the map pack at fault and I can't really find anything that would cause this:
Spoiler: Glitch texture? (Open)
The iron sights are thanks to ElectricPulse over on Zdoom forums who has been super helpful, I am very grateful for his help he's being ripping and re-handing some stuff for me.

I also want to thank who ever edited my op and fixed it, I think I can see how they fixed it too, going to have to keep an eye on that now.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:43 pm

So uh, I just wanted to say, I am pretty much done with this it's in a very incomplete state but it's never really been my responsibility and to be honest I got a little tired of working on the same project day in and day out, if someone else wants to take over the project just make sure to inherit the credits list it would more than likely be much better left in someone else's hands maybe someone who has a lot of passion for the mod like I once did.

I will say this though, I've said over and over again I did not want to work on this project anymore in this particular topic and part of that is because I wanted to make my own project, doing someone else's work is weighing me down especially when that work asks for so god damn many resources so have things like SCP-087-B Doom version to look forward to, I've had to rescind the release date for and post on Zdoom forums because I want to spend a lot more time on it and I don't want to leave the topic open with no updates or just posts with only me being the postee.

Edit: Mods I would actually appreciate it if you lock it this time so I know there's no way of me actually going back on my word, if you can I thank you and if anyone wants to inquire into anything about the mod or reply to this, please instead message me I do not want to be given reason to come back to this.