[Beta][Cool] \m/ ~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~ \m/ - 0.82 OSHITOSHIT

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Tux
Forum Regular

RE: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/

Post by Tux » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Wow this is a very good mod ! I have never not playued this mod before. Very good !!!
I realy like slashing bad guys. But boom booming good too.
10/10!
Last edited by Tux on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 am

I played this last night with Kenny, gameplay was pretty solid I really liked using the sword as it was a good hack and slash tool I hope that you might add a second sword for me to destroy my enemies, also Kenny-sensei taught me a new move
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TerminusEst13 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:02 am

http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... -v0.72.pk3 - And here we go, a new build is out. Primarily a maintenance build, fixing up most of the problems and troubles people have had, as well as reducing overall latency usage.
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
FROM 0.71b TO 0.72:
=======================================
- Kharon slashing animation time has been reduced by two tics--now people can slash again as soon as the animation is complete.
- The animation for the upward slash has been spaced out slightly for more natural movement.
- Thanks to PresidentPeople, the Blind Guardian now has a proper set of rotations.
- The environment splash sprites now follow the same desaturated 90s palette.
- WHOOPS improved.
- Soul is slightly more transparent so as to not confuse it with enemy shots.
- When in Iron Maiden, Hae-Lin can now triple-jump, as opposed to simply double-jumping.
- The Blind Guardian no longer keeps a damaged appearance when repaired.
- Bullets online no longer spatter sparks on contact with enemies.
- The Testament's reload sound can no longer be interrupted by jumping.
- The Emperor's teleport effect properly works online, now.
- The Blackened now has +VISIBILITYPULSE on his main body for no other reason than it looks cool.
- Revenant missiles now home in 100% of the time and home much more aggressively. Enjoy!
- The Archvile's flame pillars no longer wander so wide out and have lost their multi-flame spread attack, but in exchange fire much more aggressively and spew out constant streams of attacks.
- Long, long ago in the mod's development, I made enemy projectiles shootable so that the pistol could shoot them down as well. As development went on, this proved too OP for the Testament and Sabbath and the ability was removed. The behavior has been tweaked, removing all of the vestigial bullet stuff while keeping the sword capable of cutting down projectiles.
- Because of this, this frees up the bullets' species to be able to shoot through allied players in co-op.
- For rare instances where you're trapped behind a forcefield or projectile-blocking wall or something and you need to shoot a switch, each bullet-gun has been given a perfectly accurate damage-less hitscan.
- The back special is now much more effective in destroying enemy shots.
- An attempt at making a 'less effects' cvar was made and quickly resulted in frustration, screaming, and grey hair. To make up for it, the effects on the Exodus, Omen, the explosive barrel, and Cyberdemon's rockets have been toned down slightly.
- Picking up multiple invulnerability powerups in a row no longer results in them getting stuffed in your inventory.

But, y'know, I'm really glad people are enjoying this, but there's something...missing.

Something a little...tinnier.

Something a little...cheesier.

Something a little more...90s.

...Yes, I've got it.

HEY KEGAN BASICALLY I'M TAKING YOUR GMOTA MUSIC RANDOMIZER
AND MAKING IT COOLER IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY

* 150 MIDIs hand-picked from the finest Geocities webpages
* Features the greats starring in every anime music video possible, such as Judas Priest's Painkiller, Drowning Pool's Bodies, and Disturbed's Down With the Sickness
* Compatible with just about any other wad out there, just in case you don't like DemonSteele
* GUARANTEED TO PUNCH YOUR KIDNEY FROM THE \m/ METAL \m/

http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... di-v1c.pk3 - OH MAN AND IT'S RIGHT HERE TOO
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 am

Holy Fucking shit!

Just.........

Nice work there :D

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:38 am

TerminusEst13 wrote: Disturbed's Down With the Sickness
+1 rep from a Disturbed fan.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:09 pm

I knew I'd have use for all that crap I've acquired over the years :V

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Coming in the next version.
For those with rigs that aren't quite packing on muscle, or who want to play online without worries of other people spamming particles.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 pm

You noticed Toaster-Chan! :D

Phoenix7786

Post by Phoenix7786 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:31 am

Damnit Terminus stop addicting me to all your shit! I'm still having oodles of fun with Samsara!

Also Ivan, I recognize Graves from your avatar and went hunting for that video. That thing was awesome. The whole way Graves is staring at Katarina had me laughing my ass off. That .gif captured it all: "Ya think ya got the drop on me, eh? Ya think I didn't know you were up there, eh? Guess what: I DID!" *BOOM*!

I can't even play ADC but that video makes me want to learn him.
Last edited by Phoenix7786 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:26 pm

bodies.... that song made my middle school. lol

also nu-metal is still the best shit ever. if you got some koRn in there then you wil get a aboslute 10/10.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:11 pm

I could get Term to do it but IDK if you want this in there

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:45 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
phpBB [video]
For those with rigs that aren't quite packing on muscle, or who want to play online without worries of other people spamming particles.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who made a "my rig is 4+ years old" clientside variable. Mainly because my rig is 4+ years old. More mods need this. People with newer rigs might make temporary use of it too. (Ever type "kill monsters", just to look at the map, in any mod with custom gibs and experience a period of 1FPS just for thousands of gib actors that you can't even see from the starting room?)
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Avi

Post by Avi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Ænima wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote:
phpBB [video]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who made a "my rig is 4+ years old" clientside variable. Mainly because my rig is 4+ years old. More mods need this. People with newer rigs might make temporary use of it too. (Ever type "kill monsters", just to look at the map, in any mod with custom gibs and experience a period of 1FPS just for thousands of gib actors that you can't even see from the starting room?)
Or even better, when you kill monsters to look around the map when you're playing with friends (and you'd just reset the map afterward) but instead because people didn't bother to clientside their over the top gib-fest you get kicked for 1024 packet loss. That shit always gets old really fast.
<TerminusEst13><GMOTA_Guy> enemies that go invulnerable are the worst things in the history of the universe
<TerminusEst13>:D

Retro Gamer
New User

Post by Retro Gamer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Never seen this before the other night when found it hopping around Zan servers via doomseeker. I found it great like most the mods you've made. Nice combo of melee and gun! Only played 30mins but enjoyed it much!

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Hope you folks weren't too attached to the Hexen mace.

Drakeman1234

Post by Drakeman1234 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:17 pm

...Nope. Not in the least, Term.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 am

phpBB [video]
Lads wouldn't stop firing this damn thing in the test server.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13

RE: [WIP][Beta][Cool] \m/ -~={ DEMONSTEELE }=~- \m/ - 0.73 WOW

Post by TerminusEst13 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:43 am

So after tons of research, investigation, and experimentation, it turns out people don't actually like lagging.
After working hard with tons of doctors, scientists, psychologists, and skeletons, I have personally tried my best to optimize both the lag and people's entertainment for good times all around.

With incredible advancements in scientology, we have made this .pk3 possibly the best release in its life yet.
Please enjoy.
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
FROM 0.72 TO 0.73:
=======================================
- Hot splashes no longer alert enemies.
- Thanks to Scroton, the lightning of the hammer has been polished, optimized, and improved.
- ds_cl_toaster has been included as a clientside effects toggle option. 0 is full effects, 1 is less effects, 2 is absolute minimal effects.
- The Acacia's firing speed has been sped up slightly and now effectively fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Its damage has also been upped by two, rendering it a powerful starting weapon out of the gate.
- On lower difficulties, with full over-life tokens, it's no longer possible to start nomming everything in sight with no benefit. Watch your intake, kids!
- There is now a Read This graphic for the Doom 1 menu.
- WHOOPS is now actually 1/10 chance instead of 1/100 chance.
- A few more attack sounds have been implemented.
- Weapons are no longer droppable. Sorry!
- Weapons now all have an addslotdefault entry in keyconf, in case there is a keyconf conflict when loaded with an older wad.
- Thanks to Scroton, destructable torches and candelabras now throw their items directly at the player.
- By request, all Kharon deaths now deliver the SPONG! Splatterhouse sound effect, for easy identification as to when an enemy has actually died.
- The Baron of Hell didn't trigger A_BossDeath on a few deaths. This has been fixed.
- As per Marrub's request, the hammer now has an ammo pickup item--HammerAmmoSmall, with DoomEd number of 30241.
- The Exodus is now capable of reflecting away enemy fire again.
- When out of soul meter, the meter slowly regenerates back to two notches, so you frequently have at least one special attack ready to go. This takes at least two minutes to regenerate.
- The Blind Guardian's sounds have had their bass reduced, treble amped, and volume amped by five decibels, which should make them sharper and much easier to notice.
- Numerous inventory checks in the ACS have been streamlined for more efficiency, which should (hopefully) reduce network traffic.
- The Blind Guardian now has an indicator on the HUD when the player has it equipped.
- The ammo being handled and fired from alt-fire has made the default auto-switching-when-out-of-ammo system a little finnicky. For those who really want a traditional system, though, ds_cl_autoswitch now lets people automatically switch weapons when out of ammo.
- There is now a very, very slim (1/255) chance for destructable decorations to drop peppers.
- The Allmap has been replaced with the Sentinel, an automatic sentient turret to gun enemies down for you.
- The Omen now has an incredibly sexy set of sprites, thanks to MartyKirra!
- The Blind Guardian's health has been increased to 1000.
- Explosive barrels have their damage increased and now have a much easier time downing mook enemies.
- Omen has been nerfed. Charging takes slightly longer, hitting an enemy with heavier attacks no longer allows you to follow up with an attack right afterwards, and the 100% charge attack now takes 40 charge instead of 20.
- The Hell Knight's torso no longer acts like it's from the Matrix.
- The Kharon's decals are now slashes.
- The Pinky now has a decapitation death, thanks to Sgt. Shivers.
- Higher-tier attacks of the hammer now always gib enemies on death.
- Explosive barrels now respect sv_barrelrespawn.
- The hammer's overcharged impact damage has been increased from 4000 to one million. This is functionally useless, as there isn't an enemy above 4000 HP anyway, but higher numbers sound cooler.
- The HUD now properly informs you as to what weapons you have picked up, as well as when you can use Iron Maiden.
- Revenants no longer have +ALWAYSFAST on them, and their missile-homing systems have been made slightly laggier, but the missiles themselves are now 1.5x faster.
- Cyberdemons can no longer infight with each other.
- The Iron Maiden now has a charge-up blast if alt-fire is held, which provides a rocket explosion for either AoE coverage or rocket-jumping.
- The Iron Maiden armor is now immune to environmental damage.
- Iron Maiden blasts now can be fired slightly faster, for more rapid ATATATATATATATATATATATA.
- The Iron Maiden now has a not-Kamehameha.
- ds_infinitesouls is now a cvar for the many people that requested a way to have, well, infinite soul meter.
- All of the more network-intensive deaths that spawn extra interactable actors have had their chance reduced for easier latency handling.
- Bisected torsos are no longer serverside actors.
- For those that don't like the special attacks, for some reason or another, ds_nospecials has been implemented.
- The constant ACS checks on the weapon spawns have been reduced to only one check, dramatically reducting bandwidth and network traffic.
- The Kharon is now able to be wielded by itself, along with its sheathe, for better defensive capabilities.
- Bisected torsos and weapon pickups no longer block enemy teleports.

METAL JUKEBOX FROM V1c TO V2:
===========================
- 100 more songs!
- Removed and replaced Rammstein's Engel with Feuer Frei, due to Engel messing up in-game and playing ring tones instead.
- Added a "default song" button to play the level's standard music.
- Moved all song info to LANGUAGE, for people to edit at their leisure if they replace the music.
- Messages now no longer overlap and will replace each other.
- Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious had an unreadable symbol that was refusing to be read properly.
- Corrected some mistaken song information:
^- A Succubus In Rapture was not by set_abominae, it was by Dimmu Borgir.
^- Rammstein has identified as Neue Deutsche Harte.
^- Annihilator has never identified their genre as groove metal.
^- Biohazard has identified as Hardcore.
^- Ea, Lord of the Depths was on the album Burzum.
^- Alice in Chains is decisively Grunge.
^- The Midnight Carnival is Speed, not Power.
^- Children of Bodom's songs have been labeled Melodic Death.
^- Fear Factory is Industrial Metal, not Death Metal.
^- Graveworm is now Melodic Black Metal.
^- Hexen is now Thrash Metal.
^- Lamb of God is now metalcore.
^- Refuse/Resist was on Chaos A.D., not Confuse A.D.
^- Reviewers have identified Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion (not Thyrion) album as Death Metal.
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... -v0.73.pk3
http://www.[bad site]/download?file= ... idi-v2.pk3

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:53 pm

To make it easier on yourself, if you replace a song, try to keep the same filename. For example, if you replace "SONG123.mid" with your own file, rename it "SONG123.mid" (I know Slade lets you do this within the pk3). This will save you a lot of fuckery in the language area, and you'll only have to change the title, artist, album, and genre (if you wish).

ALSO TERM SAID I CAN POST THIS:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1i3wwf
It's my altered version of the jukebox. What's different? It has these replacing some songs:
http://pastebin.com/jPnnMVYq for complete list (and previews!)
It also fixes one of the Barathrum entries; Term forgot to add in the album for Warmetal, which is Infernal.
IF YOU DOWNLOADED THIS, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD AS OF LATEST POST EDIT TO FIX A COUPLE LANGUAGE.TXT ENTRIES, AND POSSIBLE SONG FIXES.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I think I broke it.

(Used the forward special on the last room of MAP02 of Doom 2, went through wall)
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053