Zombie HORDE - BETA 28 (page 16) - Fix1 (05/01/15)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
ZzZombo
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 26 (Sources available)

Post by ZzZombo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am

The instant infection bug is hopefully fixed in the new build. I'm hosting a test ZH server so you can try it :)
--> ZTest --> Zombie Horde on Zandronum 1.1. alpha

Neewbie
Forum Regular

Post by Neewbie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Xsnake wrote: Well, yes. I guess the server cannot execute the infection script on the client that is lagging. So it gets executed by the server itself (the world being the script activator) and as a result, everyone ends up infected.
I'm not sure I can do anything about that...
Neewbie wrote: Oh and btw today i played on the server and we had a very weird bug. The floor and the ceilling had the sky texture on it and the skybox point was away on the map. The 3D floors didn't bug though.
I've looked at the screenshot. Must be an issue with your graphic card. Make sure you have its drivers up to date and the latest version of directx installed.
If you watch in the demo everyone is saying that they have this bug.
I wouldn't have reported it if everyone didn't complain about it.
Maybe a zandronum issue i don't know but not my gpu :s

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 pm

This is just a suggestion : Reduce how random the damage on the sniper is since its karma weapon in its current state.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Could someone tell me properly what happened?
I have no sound in this mod recently. I mean map music is playing but there is completely no any other sounds - nor chat, not shoot, nor other. Happens in ZH only.
Image ImageImage

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 pm

bleson

Post by bleson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 am

Just wondering, are the zombies supposed to be the size of Revenants? They're oddly huge in comparison to humans.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

No, and Xsnake is aware of the problem. Next official version of ZH is supposed to have my fix of zombie skin.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 pm

I wonder if beta27 will actually fix the game play because that's one the things that need allot attention. but for some reason its completely ignored while rather needless additions have been made on the recent betas.

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:59 pm

mr fiat wrote: I wonder if beta27 will actually fix the game play because that's one the things that need allot attention. but for some reason its completely ignored while rather needless additions have been made on the recent betas.
I cannot say you're wrong here. I will try Zzombo's fix for that, but I fear people might prefer to see the current tall zombies. This bug has been part of the mod since its beginning, and I guess everyone got used to it.

Also, regarding the serversided statistics, I was wondering if they could be made permanent on Grandvoid. Actually, there are just a few server variables that need to be stored somewhere and loaded between server restarts. I don't know if that's possible with a script, but that would be great. :smile:

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 pm

Xsnake wrote: I cannot say you're wrong here. I will try Zzombo's fix for that, but I fear people might prefer to see the current tall zombies. This bug has been part of the mod since its beginning, and I guess everyone got used to it.
Hm, Xsnake, zombies should be less noticeable for gameplay reasons. You know how it's hard to come closer to camping humans to infect them.
Xsnake wrote: Also, regarding the serversided statistics, I was wondering if they could be made permanent on Grandvoid. Actually, there are just a few server variables that need to be stored somewhere and loaded between server restarts. I don't know if that's possible with a script, but that would be great. :smile:
If you mean it gets erased regularly, that's possible due to server's crashes unless you found a way to force it to save the stats as soon as it is updated.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

that´s true =/ but on the latest update I really didn´t see a crash (or did i?)

edit:don´t know how, but my map killed most people today at night xD, the cave killed 3, and ravishing the 2 or 3 humans campers lol
just a help to people, try the combination 1234 and 4321 it have much more change to get lucky than random numbers that most of time are not too good :s
and there´s now a key that in one of the bedrooms have a little door that if you have the key you could open it and get a super shotgun :D.
better not try to shoot ravishing, he´s like uboa now ^^
for the last type, the lava doesn´t affect the area of the cave with the "green waterfall"
havefun :)
Last edited by ibm5155 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Aaand we're back.

Beta 26 Fix 2

• In some maps, made the skyboxes less obvious.
• Fixed a small mistake in the fullserver code : a bonus item would be given to spectators.
• Added Rabbit's custom barrel sprite.
• Better quality of the full server song.

Imported from Zzombo's usual addon
• Fixed an inappropriate KEYCONF keysection name.
• DoomRadio spawner could give Radio to players who already had it.
• Zombies could be burned in water.
• Fixed Changemap oddities (humans with zombies health, etc).

Download Link

Neewbie
Forum Regular

Post by Neewbie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:34 pm

May i suggest something ?

Change a bit the zombie pick up system. Really it is annoying that for exemple last time i played ze19 i got a jack's gun and the special rifle that is only featured in that map. Then i killed 2 zombies with it and got an item. Next map i have in my inventory: A full jack's gun, stiff's rifle (it's like having a ssg) and the bonus item. Oh my god i got picked as initial zombie against around 15 humans alone and the item just went vulnerability. Really please just change it. Or when you just get a weapon from an item at the end of a map and the next one you get picked, you just waste an item..

And maybe make the people choose between unusuals and actual bonuses since some people (like me) prefere unusual to guns but with still a chance of getting a bad item.

Oh and maybe disallowing the coop info in the dmflag like in wdi for exemple because an human isn't supposed to know when a zombie is going to die and that is just too annoying to be a 300 hp zombie and having to actually hide from humans because they are gone for zombie hunting.. Or a zombie knowing who have a jacksgun or whatever weapon.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Neewbie wrote: May i suggest something ?

Change a bit the zombie pick up system. Really it is annoying that for exemple last time i played ze19 i got a jack's gun and the special rifle that is only featured in that map. Then i killed 2 zombies with it and got an item. Next map i have in my inventory: A full jack's gun, stiff's rifle (it's like having a ssg) and the bonus item. Oh my god i got picked as initial zombie against around 15 humans alone and the item just went vulnerability. Really please just change it. Or when you just get a weapon from an item at the end of a map and the next one you get picked, you just waste an item..

And maybe make the people choose between unusuals and actual bonuses since some people (like me) prefere unusual to guns but with still a chance of getting a bad item.

Oh and maybe disallowing the coop info in the dmflag like in wdi for exemple because an human isn't supposed to know when a zombie is going to die and that is just too annoying to be a 300 hp zombie and having to actually hide from humans because they are gone for zombie hunting.. Or a zombie knowing who have a jacksgun or whatever weapon.
yes make it happen.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:56 am

Agree on the suggestion about coop info.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Something like this would help :)

Code: Select all

script 35 open clientside
{
    consolecommand("chase = false");//This ll change the chase, need a better way to force false when the map starts.
    while(true)
    {
        consolecommand("noise 0");//no more info of where the last human is :D
        consolecommand("cl_drawcoopinfo 0");//no more coop info
        delay(35);
    }

}
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Konar6 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 am

You don't need any command to force coopinfo on clients, it can be controlled by server.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Xsnake, is where a reason why you didn't fix the barrels and other pushable stuff while porting from my addon that is the main reason for its creation? I was really surprised then continued to play and found out the barrels still desync. And what is the future of the other changes?

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:05 pm

ZzZombo wrote: Xsnake, is where a reason why you didn't fix the barrels and other pushable stuff while porting from my addon that is the main reason for its creation? I was really surprised then continued to play and found out the barrels still desync. And what is the future of the other changes?
Well, I thought the latest builds of zandronum fixed that issue already ?

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:28 am

But until they will be released it can take a while so I think it's won't harm if you include the patch.