Zombie HORDE - BETA 28 (page 16) - Fix1 (05/01/15)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Xsnake
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 26

Post by Xsnake » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Cruduxy wrote: It was an online server at the start of carribbean.. I was talking at start after moving a bit and main zombie came and infected me.. I continued talking then ran toward humans.. just before I got one I was forced to spectate
I have an idea of what might cause the problem. But for now I suggest you turn off the feature by setting "zh_afk_cleanup_time" to -1 until I fix this issue.

Rabbit lord
Forum Regular

Post by Rabbit lord » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

evo wrote: zm15: The City - I liked Rabbit's first map, but this is pretty bland to play. I understand that it is being reworked so we'll see.

ze15: Runaway - It's good. A little on the lengthy side, but worth playing for sure. I'm really not a fan of the elevator leading down to the first "final" area. It makes life much easier for zombies. The elevator should be a one-time only deal, with the entrance to it sealing after use.

ze16: Mountain Escape - Meh. Short map, the huge slope at the end really sucks for humans or zombies. I don't really enjoy playing this one.
There you are, some harsh criticisms. Sorry, it's just my honest two cents. If I could do better then I would, but I can't. Mapping isn't for me
Thanks for the feedback!

I've already sent the finished City map to Konar6 and it's currently being hosted on GV, but may I ask how would you like to see it improved?
I may look into the idea for the last elevator on Runaway seeing as it does exactly as you say. I actually had an unreleased version that changed the secret ending but never got around to release it. I might as well add the elevator change and send it. Mountain Escape may get an extreme overhaul once I finish everything else. Honestly, I feel like I rushed ZE16, as one may see, but the next version should be a lot better.

Albertoop
New User

Post by Albertoop » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:31 am

i like dr doctor maps
where is he?

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:04 am

Thx for feedback here evo. :smile:

Beta 26 Hotfix 1

• Fixed the Afk-cleanup script (hopefully).
• Fixed the server statistics messages rendering for different resolutions. The messages should now appear exactly like in the screenshot I posted whatever your screen resolution is.

http://sickedwick.net/uploader/files/zh ... otfix1.wad

The Game King
New User

Post by The Game King » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:36 pm

evo wrote: ze18: Abandoned UAC Facility - Kinda sucks. Could be good, but instead mimics the tech-style appearance of other maps instead of having its own unique feeling. Add to that how bland and square shaped all these areas in the map are. As I say, with some creative mapping style and texturing, it could be good.
I do see where you're coming from. From an honest standpoint, I started making this map in mid-2011 and finished it after months of inactivity just to finish what I started. I'll see if I can improve the map, but I am working on other projects at the moment.
Regardless, thanks for the criticism.

Xsnake
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 25 PLUS 2 (Sources available)

Post by Xsnake » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Please let me know if the latest hotfix fixes the afk cleanup thing for good :exclaim: so I can release the latest sources.
Neewbie wrote: Im sure a lots of people here would develope this mod but we still need the permition of xsnake
Everyone is free to make their own addons for the mod and get them hosted online. You can also edit the sources, as long as you keep things credited. I just don't want to see anything with the "official" wad name, i.e zh-betaXX or zh-mappackXX.

As for the mappack itself, Rabbit has got my permission to change whatever needs to be changed and release new versions while I'm not around. :smile:
Zedek The Plague Doctor wrote: This wad is a smooth weapons wad, altering all weapons for aesthetic appeal. I tried to keep them as close to the originals as possible, so here it is. Maybe it could be put on the Grandvoid server sometime. Enjoy.

Download Link
Amazing work here :cool: I totally support addons like this!
I've had a quick look at your work; since beta26 got released, to make your addon compatible you'll have to :
-include the PVirusX custom damages in the SyringeUsed actor (beta26>"achieve" lump)
-update the radio behaviour
-update the functions.acs and common.acs with the stuff you've changed (once I have released the sources).

I don't remember everything I've changed in beta26, but I think that should work.

Also, I'd be curious to know who made that ZM23 map :question:

Rabbit lord
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 25 PLUS 2 (Sources available)

Post by Rabbit lord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Xsnake wrote: As for the mappack itself, Rabbit has got my permission to change whatever needs to be changed and release new versions while I'm not around. :smile:
Mwhahahahahaha *cough*
Also, I'd be curious to know who made that ZM23 map :question:
Toyblock? I believe it was made by Zedek. Seeing it appear after I helped him with compiling ZMgame.acs :P

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Since the Afk feature seems to be fixed, the sources are now available.

Klofkac
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 26 (Sources available)

Post by Klofkac » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I remember that in your bêta 25 fix 2 you apparentlz fixed the only survivor achievements. But still I could not unlock it even while I was the only human from 10 players game. So I'm not sure if the fix really worked, because I guess that you didn't change the achievements code. But I'm not playing on servers anymore so I cannot check if it is fixed or not.
If not, I'd suggest either removing the achievements or review the whole achievements code.
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Well i have found a strange bug, if you are a zombie on the first seconds if you infect a dud with conection problem (showing the dial up cable) you win the round with only one infection O_O even if have more humans,... ill try to record it when it happen
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Neewbie
Forum Regular

Post by Neewbie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:22 pm

ibm5155 wrote: Well i have found a strange bug, if you are a zombie on the first seconds if you infect a dud with conection problem (showing the dial up cable) you win the round with only one infection O_O even if have more humans,... ill try to record it when it happen
Yeah that famous "infect all players" bug.
I had it happen and i probably have a demo of it if you wish
Last edited by Neewbie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 am

mmmm, sorry for random question, but can someon contribute with *soundtracks* for ZH? if yes, i have a bunch of good scape loops and background songs, just in case if u wanna see it xsnake, just tell me, i love so much the ZH!!!

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am

[01:22] <@Konar6> ZzZombo, tell Xshake that he's wasting time with his AFK scripts... afk2spec is in 1.1
1.1 is the next version of Zandronum.

Also, did you look at Usual addon?
Klofkac wrote: I remember that in your bêta 25 fix 2 you apparentlz fixed the only survivor achievements. But still I could not unlock it even while I was the only human from 10 players game. So I'm not sure if the fix really worked, because I guess that you didn't change the achievements code. But I'm not playing on servers anymore so I cannot check if it is fixed or not.
If not, I'd suggest either removing the achievements or review the whole achievements code.
I have not this achievement too.

Also, there was a discussion on IRC whether ZH supports more than 32 players (I answered "no"). Since Zandronum now can handle up to 64 players you maybe interested in raising the player limit.
Last edited by ZzZombo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Klofkac wrote: I remember that in your bêta 25 fix 2 you apparentlz fixed the only survivor achievements. But still I could not unlock it even while I was the only human from 10 players game. So I'm not sure if the fix really worked, because I guess that you didn't change the achievements code. But I'm not playing on servers anymore so I cannot check if it is fixed or not.
Well, yes. It appears these two achievements are still bugged. I have no idea why. I'm pretty sure the problem does not come from the achievements system code. The problem seems to be the the loop in achievements.txt:line770 to 786. If anyone has an idea of whats wrong, let me know...

Neewbie wrote:
ibm5155 wrote: Well i have found a strange bug, if you are a zombie on the first seconds if you infect a dud with conection problem (showing the dial up cable) you win the round with only one infection O_O even if have more humans,... ill try to record it when it happen
Yep, I'd like to see that.
ESTAR wrote: mmmm, sorry for random question, but can someon contribute with *soundtracks* for ZH? if yes, i have a bunch of good scape loops and background songs, just in case if u wanna see it xsnake, just tell me, i love so much the ZH!!!
Sure. Upload them somewhere.
ZzZombo wrote:
[01:22] <@Konar6> ZzZombo, tell Xshake that he's wasting time with his AFK scripts... afk2spec is in 1.1
1.1 is the next version of Zandronum.

Also, did you look at Usual addon?
Ah, that's a good thing :cool:

Yes I've had a look at it. I'll see what I can import for a future release.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

ZH doesn't support 32 players because the zombie_ weapon relies on playerID in its jump states to tell who infected I guess
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Yes, IKR that there is no support for more players, just didn't use that as my argument :P

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Xsnake wrote: Sure. Upload them somewhere.
Ok, i can recommend these ones for escape maps:

Oriental Drum n Bass:
https://soundcloud.com/estar48/oriental-drum-n-bass

Xtronic (also for normal maps):
https://soundcloud.com/estar48/xtronic

Robotic Sentation (silly name i know):
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/493725

a song for a collab i made:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/493545

another song for a collab i made:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/492753

AAAAAaaanother song for a collab i made:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/490713

Bamboo Beating Remake:
https://soundcloud.com/estar48/bamboo-beating-remake

And, for normal maps, i think these ambiental space and horror sounds should be great:

Horror (for last 40 secs or whatever u want):
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/492759

Space:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/492757

Well thats everything i can suggest in my productions, hope u like them :D Tell me what u guys think
Last edited by ESTAR on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neewbie
Forum Regular

Post by Neewbie » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Xsnake wrote:
Neewbie wrote:
Yep, I'd like to see that.
Too bad i can't find the demo ;s you know i have SO MANY DEMOS in my folder..
Still i can say how this bug behave: a player spawns in the map but his client is crashing so the acs can't do anything on him. Like on that boat map where players spawns under the ship and then get teleported though acs. When it happen they don't get teleported and since they didn't get anything you can kill them (no immune) and if you infect them it infects the whole server.

Oh and btw today i played on the server and we had a very weird bug. The floor and the ceilling had the sky texture on it and the skybox point was away on the map. The 3D floors didn't bug though.
It's the first time i have a demo (the last map in the demo) and screens (2 screenshots) of that bug but it happened even before the beta26 (i can remember it)

So here's a zip file with the demo and the screens in it

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 am

Well, yes. I guess the server cannot execute the infection script on the client that is lagging. So it gets executed by the server itself (the world being the script activator) and as a result, everyone ends up infected.
I'm not sure I can do anything about that...
Neewbie wrote: Oh and btw today i played on the server and we had a very weird bug. The floor and the ceilling had the sky texture on it and the skybox point was away on the map. The 3D floors didn't bug though.
I've looked at the screenshot. Must be an issue with your graphic card. Make sure you have its drivers up to date and the latest version of directx installed.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:29 am

Xsnake wrote: Well, yes. I guess the server cannot execute the infection script on the client that is lagging.
I changed part of how lagging clients are handled in 1.1 to fix this issue. So I'd say it would be a good idea to check whether the 1.1 testing build I just posted behaves differently for you in this regards.