Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters! New Beta v2.3!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters! New Beta v2.3!

Post by Ivan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Progress report:
Spoiler: So it was you all along... (Open)
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Combinebobnt
Contributor

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 pm

i have been immortalized

that pic tho damn must have been a bad hair day (no hair day?). roleplay backstory: lost eye in fierce battle with Z͙̘̲͈͌̉ͯ'̰̟̉̾ͫḷ̰̮̱̦͇̱̿͒ͧ̂ͩ̓͑͘ȋ͊̌̎͠b͙̼̱̗̝̘͕͗͑͜ t̹̩͙̜̞͖͟ͅh̝͉̣̯̀e͏ͅ ̡̪̤̥ç̥̰̱̪̼̩ŕ̳̭̗͙̞a̦͞sh̖͍͟er̜̰̺͚̣̲͝ ̸̰a̩̬̜͙͎̰͓n̲̘͈̬͟d̵̜̭̮̙̰ ̛̻̜̲̘͎̼͙c̟̠͢ͅo͎̮̳̤͕̯͘r̝͙̺r͇͎̬͍̹͙͈u̹͓̹͝p҉͇͍͓̙͇̱̪t̪͈͖͙͉̫ǫ̞̘̱̭̬r; others never lived to tell the tale... (tail for st furries?)

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:40 pm

Ok everyone it's time! I'm planning to release soon. I got a private test build ready and I want this tested and abused as much as possible before release. Especially the hardcore mode. I'd hate to erase people's progress just because of a silly mistake of mine.

So, PM me or make a post here if you want a private test build. If you host this in TSPG keep the wads private if you can. (I hope TSPG allows that, not sure) The reason, again, is the database stuff.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:30 pm

omg

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Status update: Not dead, the release will be delayed a bit due to crashes not being fixed, still. Most other bugs are ironed out but it's pretty much crashes being the problem as of now. Stay tuned, and if you want to help private testing, as usual, post here or PM me.

Polygon

Clan: Nuclear Empire
Clan Tag: [NE]

Post by Polygon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:44 am

Ivan wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 pm
Status update: Not dead, the release will be delayed a bit due to crashes not being fixed, still. Most other bugs are ironed out but it's pretty much crashes being the problem as of now. Stay tuned, and if you want to help private testing, as usual, post here or PM me.
Wonderful :3

Excited for the next release!

EpicCrafter1
New User

Post by EpicCrafter1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 am

I have recently fallen in love with this mod, especially after figuring out the possibility of such ridiculous builds as melee-vampirism. (Scythe + ring of talos + high strength, dexterity, and bulkiness + melee and occult talents)

The way I am currently finding joy in playing this is in a compilation wad (currently compendium) in singleplayer with allresearchesfound disabled. Basically I tweak values as I get more powerful to keep the playing field even, and tweaking droprates and money rates slightly as I make the monsters more powerful in compensation. Basically, I like to see the big numbers fly. Unfortunately researches seem kinda broken as I noticed some things are purchasable without even having researched them, such as the entire selection of locked abilities. I do hope this gets fixed in the next update, which I am excited for to be honest.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:30 pm

EpicCrafter1 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 am
I have recently fallen in love with this mod, especially after figuring out the possibility of such ridiculous builds as melee-vampirism. (Scythe + ring of talos + high strength, dexterity, and bulkiness + melee and occult talents)

The way I am currently finding joy in playing this is in a compilation wad (currently compendium) in singleplayer with allresearchesfound disabled. Basically I tweak values as I get more powerful to keep the playing field even, and tweaking droprates and money rates slightly as I make the monsters more powerful in compensation. Basically, I like to see the big numbers fly. Unfortunately researches seem kinda broken as I noticed some things are purchasable without even having researched them, such as the entire selection of locked abilities. I do hope this gets fixed in the next update, which I am excited for to be honest.
Yeah the version you're playing doesn't have them implemented properly, therefore they aren't going to work. I was simply laying the foundations for that system at the time so I pretty much left the "toggle" working and rest in an "acceptable" state :P

New version will be released this weekend despite the crash problems not being resolved, however I intend to share a specific debug client that might help track the issue so, who knows. All the delay will hopefully be worth it.