New beta is out! Links: dndv2.3e.pk3 dnd_monstersv0.7d.pk3 dnd_onlyammov2.5.wad
Please also use this binary instead of the currently released 3.0 binary in order for me to help track a nasty crash: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5raqouxyp ... gbinary.7z
! New feature
* Bugfix / Tweak
== GENERIC CHANGES ==
! Converted all non-PNG sprites to PNGs. (Current exceptions: Translation monsters)
! Renamed all default weapons so that they share nothing with classic Doom sprite names.
== DND RPG RELATED ==
! The CVar "dnd_hardcore" has now importance! Hardcore made has launched! Read more at the bottom.
! Weapons that can be reloaded now make use of the "Weapon Reload" bind instead of altfire. MAKE SURE YOU BIND A RELOAD KEY!!!!!!!!!
! Added a new cvar "dnd_fullshare". This prevents Exp and Credit share from being split by division, and instead makes sharing 1:1 ratio regardless of player count.
! Added a new cvar "dnd_credit_drops". This controls whether monsters will randomly drop coins or not on kill. Default is true. Also added "dnd_credit_droprateadd" which simply adds % based chance on top of already defined chances. Max 100.
! Added a new cvar "dnd_gainonlyinrange". This controls if exp and credit gain should only be given to those close to the monster. Default false. "dnd_gainrange" controls the range. Default 768. This only matters if the aforementioned CVar is true.
! Added a new cvar "dnd_disablelevelbonus". This toggles the level clear bonuses. Default is false, meaning they are enabled.
! Added researches! Most of the exotic features of DnD now require you to research them. You can find research modules dropped by monsters occasionally.
- There is a new tab on the DnD menu for researches. They require a new resource called "Budget".
- You gain "Budget" at the end of maps, depending on how hard the map was. You get 6k for "Easy" and 10k for "Very Hard".
! Added armors tab at the shop! Now you can buy a wide range of armors to suit your build!
! Added buyable armors: Gunslinger, Occult, Energy and Demo Armors. 25% damage reduction, 150 armor. They increase hitscan, magical, energy and explosive weapon damages by 50% respectively.
! Added a buyable armor: Necro Armor: Reduces damage by 45%, 200 armor. 33% chance on hit to launch spikes around that do 60 - 100 damage. "Demon Bane", "Occult Talent" and "Bulkiness" improve damage. Each "Bulkiness" point improves damage by 10%.
! Added a buyable armor: Cybernetic Armor: 45% reduction, 200 armor. If not damaged for 3 seconds, slowly restores armor up to 200.
! Added a buyable armor: Duelist Armor: 33% damage reduction, 150 armor. Gives additional 60% hitscan resist.
! Added a buyable armor: Knight Armor: 35% damage reduction, 250 armor. If a melee weapon is currently held, gain extra 35% protection.
! Added a buyable armor: Ravager Armor: 25% damage reduction, 150 armor. If a killing spree begins, gain 35% extra damage. If a killing spree is successfully reached with armor up, restore armor completely.
! Added a new page at the ammo tab for the shop! Now you can buy the classic 4 ammo types as well as the rare ammo types.
! Added a new cvar "dnd_shop_armor_scale" because of the above.
! Added new cvars "dnd_monsterlevel_low" and "dnd_monsterlevel_high" to change level randomization on monster scaling. They determine the low and high offsets. Defaults are 1 and 2 respectively.
! Added a new cvar "dnd_monsterlevel_behind" that forces the end monster level result to be always at least equal or behind player average. Default false.
! All exp and credit is now given based on the monster's health. (20% exp, 13% for credit)
- Benefit of these two is that they normalize exp and credit gains. Tougher monsters reward more than weaker ones.
- Exp gain is 20% of the monster's max health, whereas the credit gain is two thirds of it, approximately 13%.
! Added a new accessory: "Hand of Artemis". Makes weapons use no ammo.
! Added a new accessory: "Gryphon Boots". Gives 25% movement speed as well as curse and fall damage immunity.
! Added a new accessory: "Scroll of Agamotto". Gives 30% damage reduction while moving and 150% extra damage while standing.
! Added a new accessory: "Lich Arm". Increases soul capacity to 150 and makes your ultimate weapons do x2.5 damage.
! Added a new player skin: "Wanderer".
! Added a new talent: "Elemental".
! Added new armors: "Monolith Armor" and "Elemental Armor".
! DnD Menu now supports mouse control! The old keyboard method is gone and replaced with a fully working mouse cursor. You can alternatively use left/right strafe keys to move between pages.
! You can now buy the automap in the artifacts tab from the shop! Can buy only once per map. Priced at 27.5k.
! You can now buy a backpack from the artifacts tab! Priced at 50k!
! You can now see your lives left in survival games at the rightmost side of the weapon slot number bar, in red.
! "Dexterity" stat has been changed! It now increases the bonus you gain from talents by 0.15% per point. This stacks additively, so: Someone with 20 dexterity will gain 3% more benefit from talents, meaning it becomes 10.5% per point up from 7.5%!
! Accessory drop rate is now a CVar! "dnd_accessory_droprate" controls this and the default value is 2, implying 2%.
! "Talent" system revised! Now you buy talents based on damage types instead of slots. This has the following changes:
- What your weapon shoots matters! Bullets, shells, melee, magical/demonic (occult), explosive, energy or elemental!
- Some weapons benefit from more than one talent! Ex: Silver Gun. (Shell direct hit damage and explosion damage)
- Rules for these:
> If a weapon is shooting bullets, it uses bullet talent.
> If a weapon shoots shells, depending on type, could be explosives, energy or just shells.
> If a weapon is demonic or magical, it uses occult talent.
> If a weapon is shooting rockets or mainly exploding projectiles that are not occult, they use explosion talent.
> If a weapon is a melee attack that is not magical, they use melee talent. (Ex: "Soul Render" melee is 'melee', but alt fire attacks are 'occult')
> If a weapon uses elemental attacks (fire, ice and lightning) then it uses elemental talent.
> If it doesn't fall into any of the above, it's energy talent. (Plasma, BFG etc.)
! Changed the looks of the "Heavy Machine Gun".
! Added two new temporary weapons: "Dark Servant Gloves" and "Heavy Nailgun".
! Added new weapons: "Assault Rifle", "Deadlock Shotgun", "Nitrogen Crossbow", "Plasma Cannon", "Templar MG", "Riot Cannon", "Meteor Launcher", "Flame Thrower", "Lightning Gun" and "Ion Cannon".
! Added a new perk: "Deadliness". Gives 2% critical hit chance per point. Critical Hit gives double the damage.
! You can now use "alternate fire" key to buy enough ammo to maximize your current ammo. If you don't have enough money, then you'll just get enough to fill it as much as you got.
+ You now get 3 attribute points per level up from 2.
+ Increased the value of the following stats:
+ Vitality: Gives 4 health up from 2.
+ Bulkiness: 0.75% per point up from 0.5% armor efficiency.
+ Strength: +5 melee damage up from +4.
* Fixed a bug where "Charisma" was reducing by 1% per point instead of 0.5%.
* The hud can now be rescaled using "hud_scale" console command.
* Fixed a bug where "Blood Rune" wasn't healing up to your health capacity.
* Leveling curve is re-adjusted to be better for later levels. (Specifically, less steep after level 26)
* The talent menu at the shop will correctly display the percentage increase based on your "Dexterity". (Ex: At 0 "Dexterity" you'll see 7.5% but at 10 you'll see 8.5%)
* Removed the "Exit" option from the menu.
* Fixed a bug where if you used a special grenade type on the "Grenade Launcher", if you ran out of it it'd say you changed to bullets.
* "Scatter Pistol" is now a luxury weapon.
* Made all grenades shot by player less bouncy. (Momentum of grenades reduce to 66% at each bounce)
* Fixed a potential invalid array index access problem related to clientside drawing of research items.
* Fixed a potential crash that could happen when someone tries to pick up a "Rocket Launcher".
+ You now get 20 lava cells from the shop up from 18 in the ammo tab.
+ All ammo purchases from the shop now benefit from the "Munitionist" perk.
+ "Ravager Armor" now gives 50% damage bonus instead of 35%.
+ "Shotgun" now shoots 10 pellets up from 9.
- "Shotgun" now has a clip size of 8 and has to reload.
+ "Killstorm" now shoots 11 pellets up from 10.
+ "Death Staff" primary fire direct hit damage increased to 400 - 600 up from 160 - 240.
- "Death Staff" altfire cost is now 9 up from 4.
- "Death Staff" altfire fireballs that spawn after explosion now deal 4 - 8 damage down from 8 - 16.
- "Lead Spitter" cost increased to 4500 from 4350.
* Fixed a bug where "Sawed Off" would sometimes let you fire even though you had fired both shells.
+ "Sun Staff" now shoots 56 rays on alt fire instead of 48.
+ "Sun Staff" now ignores shields on it's primary attack as well.
+ "Sun Staff" primary damage increased to 20 from random(12, 16).
+ "Razorfang" skulls last 6 seconds up from 4.
+ "Razorfang" skull damage increased to 8 - 16 from 5 - 10.
+ "Razorfang" now shoots 4 more bone shards in the normal attack mode.
+ Increased "Razorfang" skull damage radius to 40 from 16.
* Fixed a bug where "Soul Reaver" was not scaling properly.
+ "Devastator" now shoots 4 rockets up from 3.
- "Devastator" rocket spread increased to 3.2 from 2.0.
- Slot 8 weapon prices are now 25k up from 20k.
+ "Destruction Generator" self damage reduced to 1/4th of the damage.
+ "Erasus" fires 4 tics faster between shots.
+ "Erasus" takes 4 tics less time to reload if you need to reload after firing.
- "Erasus" takes 6 tics longer to fire if you tap.
+ "Erasus" now shoots 18/36 pellets per shot up from 16/32.
+ "Shotgun" and "Super Shotgun" pellets now do either 10 or 15 damage instead of 5, 10 or 15.
+ "Plasma Rifle" now does 20 - 40 damage up from 5 - 40.
* Rules of "Taltos Ring" about ghosts have been remade.
- All "artificial" projectiles will go through ghosts.
- Bullets, melee and plasma/energy type attacks are exceptions to the above rule.
- Organic attacks pass through ghosts.
- Ex: A "Cyberdemon" is almost entirely helpless.
* Improved "Purifier" sprites.
* DnD Menu now covers the screen properly.
* Touched up "Shotgun", "Erasus" sprites a bit.
* Improved tooltips of some weapons that didn't mention the weapon could special ammo types.
* Fixed a bug where "Grenade Launcher" was missing a frame.
- "Grenade Launcher" fire animation takes 1 tic longer.
* Fixed a small error that caused the spread of "Venom" to be larger than intended.
* Reorganized the armor pages.
* Fixed a bug where some ripper type weapons was not correctly giving scores for kills/damage dealt with "Nether Mask" on.
* Fixed a bug where if you had more armor than armors on the shop, they wouldn't be colored red.
* Fixed a bug where "Fist" attacks with "Nether Mask" was using the wrong talent bonus.
* Fixed a bug where your health bar would not flicker on intended limits.
* Fixed a bug where your armor bar still took "Bulkiness" stat into account for it's flicker.
* Fixed a bug where some slot 2 pistols' casings could sometimes be spawned incorrectly.
* Fixed a bug where slot 4 machine gun casings could sometimes be spawned incorrectly.
* Fixed a bug where "Destruction Generator" could explode on allies.
* Fixed a bug where special fx toggle was not working properly for spectators.
* Fixed a bug where "Scatter Pistol" damage was not counted as bullet type.
* Fixed a bug where "Destruction Generator" was not coming after "Railgun" and "Gauss Rifle".
* Fixed a bug where "Railgun" would sometimes not let you charge even if you had enough cells.
* Fixed a bug where "Sun Staff" was not benefiting from "Explosion Mastery" properly.
* Fixed a bug where "Razorfang" was not benefiting from any scaling if used with "Nether Mask".
* Fixed a bug where armor bonuses would not increase armor if a "Red Armor" was equipped and it had over 200 armor.
* Fixed a bug where "Pistol" damage would not scale if "Nether Mask" was equipped.
* Fixed a bug where "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" was doing less damage with "Explosion Mastery".
- "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" now reduces overheat counter by 1 instead of 2.
- "Nuclear Plasma Rifle" now overheats twice as fast.
* Fixed a tooltip error related to "Gauss Cannon" and "Railgun".
* Fixed a major oversight that caused projectile based weapons to not scale from talents properly.
* Fixed a bug where "BFG 6000" was not scaling properly from talents.
* Fixed a bug where "Mercury Launcher"'s one instance of explosions were not scaling from talents properly.
* Fixed a bug where fists and chainsaws were not hitting ghosts with "Nether Mask" equipped.
* Fixed a bug where "Sickle of the Necromancer" could hit people.
* Fixed incorrect highlighting at the "Abiltiies" tab of the menu.
* Fixed a bug where the slot 4 ammo container would always spawn in place of a clipbox.
* Fixed a bug where "Death Staff" altfire projectiles would keep going after exploding. (Often looking like they are teleporting around)
* Fixed some weird pixels in the frames of "Purifier".
* Fixed a bug where "Gauss Rifle" could hit other players.
* Made "Leadspitter"'s puff effects better.
* Made "Akimbo Pistols" a bit more responsive when reloading.
* Improved sprites of "Silver Gun" explosions.
* Improved sprites of "Heavy Missile Launcher" explosions.
* Fixed the tip message of "Shotgun". (It does 10-15 damage per pellet, not 5-10-15)
- Now only players with the "Heart Seeker" mastery can pick up dropped demon hearts.
+ Increased the "Ebony Cannon" ammo from slot 4 ammo container to 16/8 from 12/6.
+ "Ebony Cannon" balls were disappearing in liquid surfaces, they can now bounce properly off those as well.
+ Slot 6 ammo containers now give 40 lava cells up from 24.
+ "Silver Gun" shoots 1 more pellet, total of 10.
* Fixed a bug where "Demon Heart" would hit allies.
+ "Laser Pistol" can now auto fire.
+ "Laser Pistol" alt fire now shoots a limited range railgun shot. Range and damage increase as you charge up to x1.75 range and x5 damage of a normal shot.
- "Laser Pistol" is now firing shots with a spread of 2.0 x 1.25.
+ "Magnum"'s bullet now deals an additional 50 damage that rips through enemies.
+ "Hate Shard" enemy damage amplify is now 100% up from 50%.
+ "Demon Bane" now grants 100% more damage up from 50%.
+ "Demon Bane" now increases damage of "Sun Staff" as well.
+ Accessory drop rate increased by 8 times the previous chance. Hardcore mode will still force the old chance.
- Increased shop prices of "Salvation Sphere", "Portable Shield", "Triple Damage", "Blade Vortex" and "Book of the Dead" to 8000, 4500, 6000, 6000, 6000 and 5500 respectively.
+ "Machine Gun" now does 15-20 damage per bullet up from 15.
+ "Heavy Machine Gun" can now zoom to deliver more precise shots. (x2.5 more precise)
- Increased the reload time of "Heavy Machine Gun" by 6 tics.
- "Heavy Machine Gun" accuracy is now 4.0 by 2.0 from 1.6 by 0.8.
- "Heavy Machine Gun" now costs 4000 credits up from 3950.
- "Akimbo Pistol" spread was meant to be 1.25 x 0.5 instead of 0.2 x 0.2. This is corrected. (One of the pistols were more accurate before...)
* Cleaned and/or repurposed some old scripts with respect to fixes in Zandronum 3.0.
== ONLY AMMO RELATED ==
! Completely redone the shared health kits system. It's less resource intensive on the users now.
* It's also easier to make more items shared now.
* Shared is the default behavior now. Shared items will never respawn.
== MONSTER RELATED ==
! Smart monster spawners are now in place! Here's what they do:
* They activate if "dnd_hardcore" or "dnd_usesmartmonsterspawner" is true.
* They place monsters just like the previous spawner, but with a big difference: They pay attention to the level average of the server.
* If a monster has a low weight compared to it's vanilla counterpart, a ratio is considered between vanilla one and the selected monster.
- If the found ratio is less than the ratio of highest level player to the average, then that monster won't be spawned.
- In it's place, another monster will be rolled.
* In short, this spawner is more merciful early on but becomes the old spawner after a certain average.
! All monsters now have a certain class archetype they belong to. These are:
1) Demonic. Unless stated, they have no weakness or resistances.
2) Undead. Zombies, Revenants etc. Silver bullets do extra damage.
3) Magical. Purely magical monsters. Liches etc. They take extra damage from silver bullets, but 50% reduced damage from magical attacks.
4) Mechanical/Half Mechanical. These monsters take 50% and 25% more damage from energy based weapons, respectively.
! Different damages have different fade colors on your screen now.
! All hitscan attacks of monsters are now fast projectiles.
! "Dark Servant" has a 50% chance to drop it's gloves as a temporary weapon.
! "Chaingun General" has a 50% chance to drop it's nailgun as a temporary weapon.
! All undead enemies (zombies) are vulnerable to fire damage by 50%.
! Added "Elite" category monsters. For details, read the bottom of the file.
* Fixed a bug where monsters would be all awake if the smart monster spawner method was not employed.
* Fixed duplicate state names in "Avatar of Chaos".
* Hopefully put an end to the "Avatar of Chaos"'s cubes not spawning right.
* Fixed a bug where "Hell Arbiter"'s teleport attack was not scaling with its health.
* Fixed a bug where "Gamon"'s ghost spell was not scaling with its health.
* Fixed a bug where "Flame Demon" spectre version would have "Bloodfiend" sprites flickering when idle.
* Fixed a bug where "SS Nazi" did not have a monster bar.
* Fixed a bug where "Roach" could infight with other Imps.
* Fixed a bug where "Avatar of Chaos"'s gray soul attack was not having closest enemies sought.
* "Cadaver" and "Thanatos" homing rockets now play a 'beep' sound as they go.
* Added small fixes to "Devourer", "Gravedigger", "Barbatos" and "Nhumcign" translations.
* "Dark Servant" projectiles are fired from a bit higher now.
* "Roach" credit and exp on kill increased by 3 and 2 respectively.
* "Roach" projectile trails are now clientsided.
- Reduced "Dark Zealot" teleport lightning damage to 10-15 from 15-25.
- "Gamon" bolt damage readjusted to 12-20 from 4-32.
+ "Psionic Queen" now has 3600 health up from 3300.
+ "Devil" has 85 hp up from 80.
+ "Devil" is a bit more aggressive.
+ "Spider Overlord" now shoots 2 bullets per attack instead of 1.
+ "Cybruiser" rocket speed increased to 28 from 20.
+ "Bruiser Demon" is a bit more aggressive.
+ "Black Knight" explosive resist increased to 50% from 25%.
- "Black Knight" flame attack spread increased by 1 degree and delay increased by 2 between casts.
- "Arachnophyte" pain state extended to 3 tics up from 1 tic.
* "BloodSeeker" rage now includes a sight check, so it won't enter rage mode unless its target is in sight and lower than 50% health.
* Fixed a bug where monsters with unique puff types did full damage through "Duelist Armor".
* Fixed a bug where "Cadaver" rockets were not playing any sound when fired.
* Fixed a bug where "Nhumcign"'s rage was not scaling with it's health.
* "Bormereth" pain flames are now clientsided. This means that they don't deal damage anymore, but instead there is an explosion originating from "Bormereth" on pain instead.
* Added the missing "Rage" property to "Nhumcign".
* Fixed a bug where "Undead Priest" was not healing like it was supposed to when its ghosts hurt the player.
* Fixed a bug where "Hades Sphere" was not giving any experience or credit when killed normally.
* Fixed a bug where "Guardian" could infight with other Cacodemons.
* Changed "Scavenger" sprites to use translations instead of additional sprites.
* Fixed a bug where "Cybruiser" could infight with other barons.
* Fixed a trail effect on the "Shadow Disciple" that wasn't clientsided.
* Fixed a bug where one kind of "Dark Imp" was missing GL lights on its attack frames.
* Fixed a bug where "Magma Serpent" would very rarely spawn in place of a Baron.
* Fixed "Watcher"'s radius not being 16.
* Fixed a bug where "Blood Lich" and "Shadow Disciple" could infight other Pain Elemental class monsters.
* Fixed a small error on the "Machine Gun Zombie"'s sprites.
* Fixed "Terminator" homing projectile GL lights.
* Fixed "Lava Demon" projectiles lacking GL lights.
* Fixed invalid state errors on "Stone Imp" hit particles.
* Fixed invalid state errors on "Abomination" when it enters a "soul ammo give on death" state.
* Fixed a bug where "Crawler" could infight still.
* Fixed "Shadow" projectiles lacking GL lights.
* Reduced traffic load of "Shadow" by making its trails clientsided.
* "Yeti" icechunks are now spread better, and has a better burst sound.
+ "Yeti" now moves faster by 4 units.
* Fixed a bug where "Yeti" could still cause infight with other Revenant class monsters.
* Fixed a bug where "Magma Serpent" could still infight with other Baron class monsters.
* "Bruiser Demon" now doesn't lose it's GL lights when hurt.
* Fixed GL Lights of "Undead Initiate" and "Undead Hunter".
* Fixed GL Lights of "ZSpec Ops" shotgun and machinegun variants.
* "Demon Hound" and "Big Bruty" can't infight other Demon class monsters anymore.
* Fixed GL lights and brightmaps of a sawedoff shotgun zombie variant.
* Fixed a bug where "Machinegun Zombie" didn't have proper GL lights.
* Fixed a bug where "Nhumcign" would sometimes mindlessly spam it's jump attack.
* Fixed a bug where "Lavademon" could not properly aim at crouched targets.
* Fixed a bug where (hopefully) "Soul Harvester" scream sound was global.
* Fixed a bug where one of "Arachnophyte"'s bullets was limited range. (It was actually right at the tip of it's gun...)
* "Hell Smith" death fire fx are now considered special fx.
* Reduced scale of "Abomination".
* Fixed a bug where "Rail Arachnotron" and "Fusion Spider" could still infight.
+ "Hell Arbiter" fireball speed increased to 24 from 18.
+ "Prophet" is now a ghost.
+ "Thanatos" move speed increased to 20 from 16.
- "Cyborg Warrior" health reduced to 650 from 900.
* Fixed an obituary grammar mistake of "Abomination".
+ "SS Nazi" now scales!
== ELITE MONSTER INFO ==
- Elites have a spawn chance of 5% by default. (Can change with the CVAR "dnd_elite_spawnchance", set to 0 or less to disable)
- Elites are tougher and gain a random assortment of traits that some monsters have! For example, you may encounter an imp that has "Hardened Skin" and "Explosive Immunity". Stuff like "Can Resurrect" won't appear.
- Elites have 20% more health and do 12% more damage than normal monsters.
- Elites give 25% more exp and credit than a normal monster.
- Elites have a 15% chance to drop a rune on death. This can be changed with the CVAR: "dnd_elite_runedrop_chance".
- Elites have a chance to drop more credits than normal enemies.
- Elites have a 10% chance to drop a charm.
== HARDCORE MODE INFO ==
- Hardcore mode is all about persistent characters. Between every game session, your character will be saved if "dnd_hardcore" is true.
- You will be asked to login to your account upon entry. You may choose to not login, but your session won't be saved if you do so.
- If you lose all your lives (which is 2 for hardcore) you lose your character permanently. If you choose to spectate, your progress on that map becomes invalidated.
- Rules of the game also change in this mode. Notably:
* Monsters have fixed scaling, which is 4% for both health and damage each level.
* You start with no researches. Your completed researches are saved.
* Research drop rate is 1%. (Any kind of monster can drop these however, and it is the same chance for all)
* There is a fixed range for gaining exp and credit. This is 768 units.
* Accessory drop rate is 3%. (Only strong monsters can drop these)
* Items respawn for a limited amount only. This is 3. (This only applies to things that are 'allowed' to respawn. So medkits and stuff will still not respawn if not allowed)
* No heal on level up.
* Player count will scale monsters' healths multiplicatively.
* Minimum level to have an accessory drop is 20.
* Minimum level for a monster to drop an accessory is 24.
* Credit and exp scale are both 1.[/spoiler]
EDIT: Made a new version to fix the menu up, so please use it instead. Dndv2.3e and 0.7d on monsters.