Page 8 of 13

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:10 am
by fr blood
Skeleton wrote:can u show the acs source? im curious about how works the scaling monster
You should understand that .acs is the only part of a project which can be hidden to avoid copy/past steal, so you must understand the reason why the source is not in the files. But well you can still ask...

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:17 am
by Skeleton
fr blood wrote:
Skeleton wrote:can u show the acs source? im curious about how works the scaling monster
You should understand that .acs is the only part of a project which can be hidden to avoid copy/past steal, so you must understand the reason why the source is not in the files. But well you can still ask...
i know for it im asking, i dont want to ripoff the code just take a look how it works, dude relax im noob at acs and i need learn.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:58 am
by Ivan
Skeleton wrote:
fr blood wrote:
Skeleton wrote:can u show the acs source? im curious about how works the scaling monster
You should understand that .acs is the only part of a project which can be hidden to avoid copy/past steal, so you must understand the reason why the source is not in the files. But well you can still ask...
i know for it im asking, i dont want to ripoff the code just take a look how it works, dude relax im noob at acs and i need learn.
The OP has a link to the ACS source.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:52 pm
by Oroth
this can run with complex doom and map of caos togheter?

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:03 pm
by Ivan
Oroth wrote:this can run with complex doom and map of caos togheter?
No it won't run with complex doom. I don't know what map of caos is.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm
by ├ćnima
Ivan wrote:
Oroth wrote:this can run with complex doom and map of caos togheter?
No it won't run with complex doom. I don't know what map of caos is.
I think he's talking about those really really bad maps where the mapper took Doom2 maps and added 64-unit wide hallways branching off that are packed with monsters. I could be wrong tho.


And yeah Ivan, WHY D&D NO COMPATIBLE WITH COMPLEX LCA AND BRUTAL??? FIX IT CUZ THAT'S WHAT I WANNA PLAY

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:03 am
by Skeleton
Oroth wrote:this can run with complex doom and map of caos togheter?
you mean maps of chaos lol and WTF DUDE COMPLEX ISN'T BRUTAL DOOM FOR ASK IT LOL

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:29 am
by Ivan
You can do this using some sort of addons, but I will already have it present in the next release. The time for next release is "When It's Done".

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 pm
by DR_FUZZY
I've noticed most servers I've played on give packet loss with DnD despite ping being good, especially with 3+ players. Are there more SFX that could use clientside only flags to help cut down net traffic?

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm
by Ivan
DR_FUZZY wrote:I've noticed most servers I've played on give packet loss with DnD despite ping being good, especially with 3+ players. Are there more SFX that could use clientside only flags to help cut down net traffic?
Not that I'm aware of but there might be some that I missed. I won't check everything one by one though since it might just be a Zandronum problem.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:30 am
by DR_FUZZY
Ivan wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote:I've noticed most servers I've played on give packet loss with DnD despite ping being good, especially with 3+ players. Are there more SFX that could use clientside only flags to help cut down net traffic?
Not that I'm aware of but there might be some that I missed. I won't check everything one by one though since it might just be a Zandronum problem.
Pretty sure it is a Zandronum problem, it's an issue often found with slaughtermaps.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm
by ├ćnima
DR_FUZZY wrote:
Ivan wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote:I've noticed most servers I've played on give packet loss with DnD despite ping being good, especially with 3+ players. Are there more SFX that could use clientside only flags to help cut down net traffic?
Not that I'm aware of but there might be some that I missed. I won't check everything one by one though since it might just be a Zandronum problem.
Pretty sure it is a Zandronum problem, it's an issue often found with slaughtermaps.
It could also have something to do with having lots of global-scope ACS arrays for each player, but you'd have to run a net traffic dump of a server to find out.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 pm
by Gustavo6046
This looks cool, and if only LegenDoom were available on 2.1.2 I could try making it compatible with Death and Decay... Man, that would be awesome!

As for the mod, I'm quite good at the visual effects department, would you want me to help with that? I use GIMP when I handsprite, and although my sprites are cartoonish, they are effects! I could also try and improve my skills using some sort of tutorial.... but which?

I guess I'll first have to learn how to do animate fire and other VFX shit like that.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 pm
by Ivan
Gustavo6046 wrote:This looks cool, and if only LegenDoom were available on 2.1.2 I could try making it compatible with Death and Decay... Man, that would be awesome!

As for the mod, I'm quite good at the visual effects department, would you want me to help with that? I use GIMP when I handsprite, and although my sprites are cartoonish, they are effects! I could also try and improve my skills using some sort of tutorial.... but which?

I guess I'll first have to learn how to do animate fire and other VFX shit like that.
Show me some stuff you've done. Depending on the quality I could use some help.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 am
by Gustavo6046
Ivan wrote:Depending on the quality I could use some help.
The quality is not great, but, first off...

Visuals

Sentient Mushes - Rockox
v18c
phpBB [media]


v19pre1
phpBB [media]


Gameplay

Demonchuters
phpBB [media]


TactiGuns (in that same demonchuter map)
phpBB [media]

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:10 pm
by Ivan
Ok for the most part I don't care about the gameplay part. And for your visuals, as you said, they need a bit more work. However there is a nice set of special FX present in DND. You could use them to come up with interesting ways of using them.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:24 pm
by Ivan
Here's a new beta. Replace the files if you had these. Lots of changes, and they are in the pk3 if anyone wants to read them. Near finalized content.

Link: Click!

EDIT: Download this, which fixes some problems with Reloading Mastery.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:09 am
by DR_FUZZY
Ivan wrote:Here's a new beta. Replace the files if you had these. Lots of changes, and they are in the pk3 if anyone wants to read them. Near finalized content.

Link: Click!

EDIT: Download this, which fixes some problems with Reloading Mastery.
Sweetness, whats new?

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:43 am
by Ivan
DR_FUZZY wrote:
Ivan wrote:Here's a new beta. Replace the files if you had these. Lots of changes, and they are in the pk3 if anyone wants to read them. Near finalized content.

Link: Click!

EDIT: Download this, which fixes some problems with Reloading Mastery.
Sweetness, whats new?
Changelog is in the pk3 but this one apparently has some bugs. Most of these are related to me switching over to a new computer and not actually using the most recent version there. (I apparently forgot to copy it over)

I think in the next few months a better and fixed version can come out. Not anytime soon though.

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters! New Beta!

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 am
by HackerReimu
Any recommended mapsets to play this on? Seems like it would need something relatively long to get the most out of all the stuff in it.