All Out War II: X -R8: Now with Rhinos, Lightning Troopers, and more!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.

Should destroying enemy buildings also deduct enemy tickets?

Total votes: 0

Konda
Forum Regular

RE: All Out War II: X -v5

Post by Konda » Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 pm

One of the annoying things that were present in r2539 and addressed in v15 was the spawn invulnerability. If you were in an enemy base, and some enemy spawned in the same building, you would be hopeless for seconds while the enemy would shoot at you. This was fixed in v15 by disabling the spawn protection the moment the player fires the weapon, which would imply that the combat is initiated and the guy who infiltrated the building would be able to hurt the guy who spawned from that moment onward. I suggest you do the same or at least do something about it since it was really annoying and imo unfair.

Code: Select all

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sat May 17, 2014 7:26 am

I might be late, but I personally think this is an awesome piece of art:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc1PKfGjneo

I dunno what to add to the res, but maybe you could make it some kind of Money sink?
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Catastrophe wrote: Definitely adding some of these, thanks for the suggestions guys!

Now the next question, if you would want something new added to the research center, what would it be?
I was thinking something along the lines off a Increase Manufacturing Efficiency where prices for your team go down by 10% or alternatively the rate of pay increases by 10% or the harvesters make 10% more for the team

Also if its not too late I think this would fit pretty good in sudden death http://youtu.be/PddekUUb00g its World War 3 (Arranged) from King of Fighters '99

jwaffe
Forum Regular

Post by jwaffe » Sun May 18, 2014 7:55 am

Catastrophe wrote: Hey, I'm going to be adding some new sudden death songs, any suggestions?
http://www.moddb.com/groups/dos-gamers/ ... goldtd-ost

That's the entire command and conquer gold soundtrack (all wav files), definitely worth a download in my opinion.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Some bugs:
  • The manual grenade launcher cannot be sold via sellweapon command after picking it up
  • The chemical sprayer projectiles look like fire
  • Teammates' C4s can kill me
Last edited by Konda on Sun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Synert> fuck

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sun May 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Konda wrote: Some bugs:
  • The manual grenade launcher cannot be sold via sellweapon command after picking it up
  • The chemical sprayer projectiles look like fire
  • Teammates' C4s can kill me
Noted, thanks!

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Sun May 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Ejecting an orca always results in suicide, both the pilot and the orca just drop to the ground, orca explodes, and the pilot dies :|
The grenade launcher alt fire is pretty much useless... It's supposed to be bouncy grenades, but they bounce like once and even then they don't get far after they bounce, both horizontally and vertically.
Here's the text overlapping thing with font scaling (screen resolution is 1024x768, font scaling is 600x400):
Spoiler: look at the building health hudmessages (Open)
Spoiler: The text overlapping gets even worse in the class selection menu (Open)

I would also like to suggest that the price discount for classes/mechs should be displayed while they are being highlighted/selected in the menu, not after the purchase.
Another bug: Sometimes, for some players, the lives counter is not displayed during SD (Sudden Death), so they're left clueless (it happens often to me and the counter never shows up during the entire SD, but in other cases this doesn't happen to me, meaning the counter shows up normally during SD)
Last edited by Konda on Sun May 18, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Synert> fuck

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun May 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Konda wrote: Here's the text overlapping thing with font scaling (screen resolution is 1024x768, font scaling is 600x400):
Spoiler: look at the building health hudmessages (Open)
And here's what my screenshot, taken at the exact same moment as Konda's <!>, looks like with text scaling set to 640x480:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And also the selection menu thing. It's a small detail but it'd be nice if the place in the left column was saved when you backed out of the right column, it just makes browsing easier.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

I think it'll be easier to fix the building health overlapping if you put both blue and red's building health info into one hudmessage.
Last edited by Konda on Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Synert> fuck

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon May 19, 2014 2:53 am

Konda wrote: I think it'll be easier to fix the building health overlapping if you put both blue and red's building health info into one hudmessage.
That's what I ended up doing, unfortunately sethudsize makes the font too big for people on bigger resolutions.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon May 19, 2014 4:25 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Konda wrote: I think it'll be easier to fix the building health overlapping if you put both blue and red's building health info into one hudmessage.
That's what I ended up doing, unfortunately sethudsize makes the font too big for people on bigger resolutions.
Ah, didn't think of that. Then again, who plays anything non-Vanilla in 320x200? aside from DarkSlayer

ZandroSkins

uggi121
Forum Regular

Post by uggi121 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:26 am

I tried this out yesterday and I found out a couple of bugs (or they are just dumb moves from my side)

I used auto-select and joined the blue team. I had no idea the buying menu had changed so I just pressed some random keys and ended up with flamethrower. I killed 3 players before dying and my death, I was "vaporized" by MY OWN obelisk (blue)

After I respawned, I wasn't able to buy anything at all from the menu, no matter what i clicked on
"I want to learn French. Hope I'm taught how to gif French kiss."

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Mon May 19, 2014 7:55 am

Konda wrote: Ejecting an orca always results in suicide, both the pilot and the orca just drop to the ground, orca explodes, and the pilot dies :|
I still remember the good old times when I (of all people) added in a little something to the mech eject script that thrustthing/z'd people forward and upwards.
It was pretty simple and hilarious, so it should probably be cloned here.
[quote="Kennon Conrad"]Dear LawCounsels,
To prove your compressor works, I suggest you try it on your posts and then post only the result.

We all know an ideal lossy compressor would output 0 bytes for your posts, so see if you can beat that.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon May 19, 2014 3:52 pm

uggi121 wrote: I tried this out yesterday and I found out a couple of bugs (or they are just dumb moves from my side)

I used auto-select and joined the blue team. I had no idea the buying menu had changed so I just pressed some random keys and ended up with flamethrower. I killed 3 players before dying and my death, I was "vaporized" by MY OWN obelisk (blue)

After I respawned, I wasn't able to buy anything at all from the menu, no matter what i clicked on
Clicked? You're supposed to use Up, down, strafe left, and strafe right to select an option, and then press fire to actually spawn as it.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Bloax wrote:
Konda wrote: Ejecting an orca always results in suicide, both the pilot and the orca just drop to the ground, orca explodes, and the pilot dies :|
I still remember the good old times when I (of all people) added in a little something to the mech eject script that thrustthing/z'd people forward and upwards.
It was pretty simple and hilarious, so it should probably be cloned here.
Make it shoot springs everywhere too, and a seat.

A 1/4 chance of playing "HELP ME, TOM CRUISE" from Talladega Nights.

ZandroSkins

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Mon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

glad to see someone decided to update this wad, thanks a lot :D

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 pm

I think you just need to stay away from the ground while ejecting due to the orca exploding on impact with the ground... not totally sure tho
Last edited by Nati46 on Mon May 19, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to know how to run faster? Check this out!

Zandronum Duel Championships

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Yeah if you eject in the air you won't die, but I like that thrust idea. Noted.

Fluttershy

Clan: Moonlight Killers
Clan Tag: [MLK]

Post by Fluttershy » Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 am

Something that might spark interest into giving this a crisp, clean feel to it, would be the introduction of a new UI. I have to agree with TS7... the current UI, even with a 16:10 aspect ratio, is still cluttered and can be confusing at times. The information is, nonetheless, useful, though it would be better off if the information was minimal, or even able to be toggled at times. An interesting thought I heard from someone when I was in the server one time was that the status of your team's base would be faded, allowing it to obscure the HUD less. If a building is under attack, then it would fade in, and the percentage of the structure's integrity would turn red and perhaps shake, to indicate to the players that they should investigate what is the potential damage source.

As for a toggled feature, perhaps there could be a code in where your base's status can be represented by a small, team-colored bar, or even if someone wants to go daredevil and use sound instead of a visual aid on their UI, then they can even disable the base's statistics. It'd free up some space, so inexperienced users can also choose which style to adapt to.

Though not exactly intended for use in the mod, and still a long way from being completed, there is something I'm working on that's introducing some newer concepts. This isn't the final design, and it is still be tweaked with as we speak. The finished product will definitely not look like this, and some areas may even be resized:
Spoiler: All Out War II: X revamped UI, perhaps? (Open)
Top Left: Universal/Team Intel.
Top Right: NOT APPLICABLE/UNDECIDED.

Bottom Left (Circular Module): Base Status/Ticket Display.
Bottom Left (Smaller Module): Health/Armor Type.

Bottom Right (From Top to Bottom): Rank Display, Experience[/b], Credits, Ammunition & Selected Inventory Item Display.

And as the current UI is team-colored... this one will be, as well.

If Zandronum was able to support advanced HUD coding, I could see about stylizing some of the modules to be angled, instead of flat. Unfortunately, text wrapping isn't a valid option in SBARINFO, for now.

I dunno, I may just tweak my old EVO HUD I released to the public a while back, and make it suitable for use in All Out War II: X. Decisions, decisions...

dave
New User

Post by dave » Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 am

New cool sounds, explosion, shoots and more. sound patch and pistol/scout sprite patch for Aow 2X : a lot of players told me that is amazing and the other will like it
Can you make it as patch or put it in game?

links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... 0patch.rar

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... 0patch.rar

:cool: