Prop Hunt - vb5 is out

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Frits
Forum Regular

RE: Prop Hunt - vb5 is out

Post by Frits » Sat May 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Set Ph_cgdamage x, can raise chaingun selfdmg to balance stuff out.

Small props have less hp/slower because before they were to op. I can always buff their hp again.

100% resistance is op as well, you can hide in spots hunters can't acess. Right now if you jump while standing on lava you can easily survive an entire round.

Code: Select all

Mode #grandvoid -o Konar6 by Frits
<Konar6> the fuck
<Konar6> who made this IRC
<Konar6> how is this possible

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Sat May 10, 2014 11:20 pm

SwordGrunt wrote: Right now the fun is dying out because almost all games are hunters chaingunning everything they see and chaingun tapping on all props they find. Almost no one uses the fist because unless you're going to check several dozen props and not find a single player, it doesn't really matter. And using the shotgun is kind of pointless since chaingun tapping is 100% accurate.

Sure the server can lower the damage inflicted by the shotgun, I lowered it to 5 from 6 and it still doesn't feel worth it, well no one uses it that's for sure, and it's not like shotgun needs a buff, IMO the chaingun tapping just needs to be removed.
What are you talking about with lowering the shotgun damage? I don't see what that has to do with anything you said.

What you mention can easily be solved by just raising PH_CGDAMAGE, that is entirely the reason we made this cvar.
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote: ^ This...

The first's betas were a lot better than those ones...
I'm sorry? The first betas were significantly worse in every sense. The first servers were literally just everyone (unless it was a private server with friends) playing as a clip, and crouching behind bushes or into larger sprites such as medkits, making them nearly impossible to see unless you fire randomly at nothing, it was also EXTREMELY EASY to cheat at. Everyone demanded the small props get nerfed, random to be added, cvars to be added to control the game and to limit random to use map props only. Are you seriously suggesting prop hunt is better without these things? I suspect you are only saying it is worse because it removed the exploits that made you insanely over powered. But almost everyone else found clip/small prop exploiters to be ruining the game and making it boring as fuck.
Infinite Taunts
Always always existed in the early betas.
props without 100% resistance on acid/lava floors
Not a single prop has had close to 100% resistance to acid/lava floors.
, no crouching
Crouching did not add anything worthwhile at all, and severely limited the features we could add (such as random props). All crouching did was add further exploits.
, dynamic lights enabled
So? You could immediately spot props before that didn't have gldefs.
, the lack of hp on small props and beign slower than normal props
Have you ever heard of balance? Why would a tiny prop with a tiny hitbox get the same HP and speed as large props, that would (and did, and everyone complained about it) make them extremely overpowered.
, < Hunter's killing them by 1 shoot
1 shot? git gud.

I appreciate that there is some further balancing that might be called for, but please suggest something practical. Asking to basically reintroduce stupid exploits for props is not a practical solution. In the meantime, there is a LOT of stuff the server host can do to rebalance in props favor. He can:

1) Lower the timelimit.
2) Increase the hidetime (ph_hidetime).
3) Increase self damage inflicted by shotgun, chaingun and fist (ph_sgdamage, ph_cgdamage, ph_fistdamage).
4) Remove force random and let people choose what prop they want to be (ph_forcerandom).
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sat May 10, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Sun May 11, 2014 12:22 am

tbh I don't think hunters are overpowered or anything, when proper team balance (1:2 on most maps) is followed, props won't lose if they hide properly and don't taunt. And whenever I'm playing I increase/decrease the timelimit if the teams are unbalanced.

And yo, are we ever getting Drain Rune at least as a CVar-based alternative to gaining full health on kill? Just so you know, you don't waste all your health by trying to kill a prop and then someone else gets the last hit or it jumps in lava and suicides - or, even worse, just triggers the exit
Last edited by SwordGrunt on Sun May 11, 2014 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun May 11, 2014 1:06 am

SwordGrunt wrote: And yo, are we ever getting Drain Rune at least as a CVar-based alternative to gaining full health on kill? Just so you know, you don't waste all your health by trying to kill a prop and then someone else gets the last hit or it jumps in lava and suicides - or, even worse, just triggers the exit
This situation is extremely annoying and often makes it not worth pursuing props in slime pits or whatever. A drain rune would definitely help, but you should probably do it like hl2 prop hunts where you don't lose health for shooting a real prop.

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular
Clan: My DOOM site
Clan Tag: <MDS>

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun May 11, 2014 6:16 am

For the new cvars why don't make a alias instead?

alias enablemusic "set PH_ENABLEMUSIC 1"
alias disablemusic "set PH_ENABLEMUSIC 0"
alias enabletaunts "set PH_NOTAUNTS 0"
alias disabletaunts "set PH_NOTAUNTS 1"
//Visual Vincent ( Vincent (PDP) )
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Spoiler: (Open)
Doom Writer
Escape From The Laboratory - Done
Escape From The Laboratory Part 2
Parkskolan Zombie Horde Map (ZM10) - Done
In game Admin Commands for Zandronum.
Achievement Mod for Zandronum
Stats mod

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Sun May 11, 2014 10:12 am

Combinebobnt wrote:This situation is extremely annoying and often makes it not worth pursuing props in slime pits or whatever. A drain rune would definitely help, but you should probably do it like hl2 prop hunts where you don't lose health for shooting a real prop.
I think it is actually balanced especially considering the fact that some hunters will check ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.
You should also mention that hl2 prop hunts damage you more for checking real true props (from the actual map) to fix this kind of behavior.
[spoiler]

<@WaTaKiD> punish me
* Seanphone gets his belt out
<+Seanphone> all right WaTaKiD bend over

<Kokiri> capo whos your fav pony?
<capo> i like them all

cobalt changes topic to 'ZDoom 2.6.1 progress: at r3771, 23 revisions left (98% complete)'
<edward-san> omg
<edward-san> almost finished!!!
<Sean> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Sean> Plot twist: This is the status of Half-Life 3.
<Dusk> plot twist: the percentage count suddenly begins to decline instead
<Sean> Torr makes a forum post "We're going back to 2.5.0"
<Dusk> and we do so incrementally
[/spoiler]

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Sun May 11, 2014 11:13 am

But in gmod you have other means of prop checking (physics) that aren't possible in doom (which is why we went with the tf2 system).
A drain rune with less health on the Actual kill sounds like a good idea though.

EDIT: Drain rune causes major unbalance because just fighting a prop heals your ass very fast. And i guess this is why it works this way in tf2 as well.
Last edited by Frits on Sun May 11, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Konar6> the fuck

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Wed May 14, 2014 3:21 am

Frits wrote: EDIT: Drain rune causes major unbalance because just fighting a prop heals your ass very fast. And i guess this is why it works this way in tf2 as well.
What's the major unbalance in that? Seems a lot worse to not get any health back if the prop runs in lava or hits the exit, or another teammate gets the last hit.

Whatever, I've had enough of hunters chaingunning everything (and I'm not alone in this) so I'm gonna test chaingun damage on 3 and leave shotgun on 5 for now. It's just stupid when things like this happen
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by SwordGrunt on Wed May 14, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Wed May 14, 2014 4:18 am

SwordGrunt wrote:It's just stupid when things like this happen
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You mean the fact that you used Turbo 0 so you could perfectly allign yourself with the real props and thus be nearly impossible to make out, unless one was to check every single prop on the map? Yea, I kinda don't find this amusing, too.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Wed May 14, 2014 4:38 am

CloudFlash wrote:
SwordGrunt wrote:It's just stupid when things like this happen
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You mean the fact that you used Turbo 0 so you could perfectly allign yourself with the real props and thus be nearly impossible to make out, unless one was to check every single prop on the map? Yea, I kinda don't find this amusing, too.
But people do check every single prop on the map. So what's your complaint about? Most of the time it's more effective to hide in secrets or spots that people won't go to, than to 'blend in' as a prop, even if you perfectly 'ghost' an existing pickup you still get found often.

And it's not like you can prevent that from being done, whereas the chaingun can at least be toned down via CVar (it's still just wrong to have a 100% accurate and rapidfiring weapon IMO, but meh)
Last edited by SwordGrunt on Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

William0918
New User

Post by William0918 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:15 pm

I have a few ideas for the Prop team because I want the mod to be like GMod Prophunt.

Prop Team Ideas:
1. Let them be able to disguise as anything on the map without them being disguised immediately, and they have to use a weapon called PropChangerGun to change props.
2. When they are not disguised, they are a mannequin-like Doomguy (like the old man in GMod PropHunt.)
3. All disguises have their own life bar.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:05 pm

William0918 wrote: 1. Let them be able to disguise as anything on the map without them being disguised immediately, and they have to use a weapon called PropChangerGun to change props.
Impossible, there is no way to change your height or radius.
3. All disguises have their own life bar.
Seems pointless.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
William0918 wrote: 1. Let them be able to disguise as anything on the map without them being disguised immediately, and they have to use a weapon called PropChangerGun to change props.
Morphing? That should take care of it if used properly and carefully.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

William0918
New User

Post by William0918 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 pm

Ivan wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
Well, ya, they could morph into anything rather than just being a prop right away, but I don't care about height and radius.

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:32 pm

William0918 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
Well, ya, they could morph into anything rather than just being a prop right away, but I don't care about height and radius.
Well the health bonuses getting hit by shots at eye level care. Morphing would take care of it though.

William0918
New User

Post by William0918 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks SwordGrunt for telling me that. Morphing will take care of it correctly.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25 am

Ivan wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
Ah, my apologies. I forgot about that.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:49 pm

HP regen for all hunters when prop ragequit please.
Image ImageImage

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:59 pm

That's already in zeber. When a prop disconnects or spectates the hunters het hp.
Health bonuses have bigger hitboxes than their sprites to stop them going into cheaty places.

<Konar6> the fuck

Guardsoul
Forum Regular

Post by Guardsoul » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Frits wrote: Health bonuses have bigger hitboxes than their sprites to stop them going into cheaty places.
Not only health bonuses. A bunch of props always go to some places where hunters can´t reach them in any way.
I dont care about how bad your maps are. Everything can be improved.
Banned for cheating at DoomBuilder.