Prop Hunt - vb5 is out

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: Sweden
Clan: My DOOM site
Clan Tag: <MDS>
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#161

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Retro=Gamer wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ivdML1Xes (PS1 startup)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bCT3YxZfAY (Gameboy Sound)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEOW3xAwCw (Sailor Moon Punish Speech Japanese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ia8T4E2Mc (Angry Video Game Nerd ASSSSSSSS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_KIAgjxq4Y (Angry Video Game Nerd FUCK YOU)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRxY0tQk-dU (Nostalgia Critic "That's not funny you sick fuck".)
I like the last one :D
//Visual Vincent ( Vincent (PDP) )
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Spoiler: (Open)
Doom Writer
Escape From The Laboratory - Done
Escape From The Laboratory Part 2
Parkskolan Zombie Horde Map (ZM10) - Done
In game Admin Commands for Zandronum.
Achievement Mod for Zandronum
Stats mod

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#162

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:48 pm

the second to last one is hilarious

User avatar
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Location: Britland

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#163

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Vincent(PDP) wrote:
Vincent(PDP) wrote: Are others able to help with the project?
What would you think of a statistics menu? Such as "Killed props: 103" or "Shots fired: 567" etc etc etc. I would like to make that for the mod :D
And maybe, if I'm able to do it, "Prop wins" and "Hunter wins". And personal wins "Times won as prop". :)
Once it's released I'll provide all the script numbers so people can make additional patch wads with whatever scripts they want ensuring they don't conflict.

User avatar
Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm
Location: Sweden
Clan: My DOOM site
Clan Tag: <MDS>
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#164

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
Vincent(PDP) wrote:
Vincent(PDP) wrote: Are others able to help with the project?
What would you think of a statistics menu? Such as "Killed props: 103" or "Shots fired: 567" etc etc etc. I would like to make that for the mod :D
And maybe, if I'm able to do it, "Prop wins" and "Hunter wins". And personal wins "Times won as prop". :)
Once it's released I'll provide all the script numbers so people can make additional patch wads with whatever scripts they want ensuring they don't conflict.
I just sent you a PM. Sorry for not seeing this post :S

I pretty much wanted the statistics to be in the base mod... But okay. :)
//Visual Vincent ( Vincent (PDP) )
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Spoiler: (Open)
Doom Writer
Escape From The Laboratory - Done
Escape From The Laboratory Part 2
Parkskolan Zombie Horde Map (ZM10) - Done
In game Admin Commands for Zandronum.
Achievement Mod for Zandronum
Stats mod

Retro=Gamer
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:21 pm

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#165

Post by Retro=Gamer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Last edited by Retro=Gamer on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
Espio
Forum Regular
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: OldWorldBlues.esm

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#167

Post by Espio » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 am

I'm posting on Boshi's idea about one of the Mirage tank quotes from Ra2 Yuri's Revenge to be used for Prop taunts:

"Nobody here but us trees."

I can't find the sound file yet cause haven't used XCC in a long time but I'll probably edit this post or make a new one under someone else's for a link to it when found.

Edit: https://www.mediafire.com/?ct744dlmilevnur

Converted to .ogg for you.
Last edited by Espio on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
http://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

User avatar
Kaminsky
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:17 pm
Location: Somewhere...

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#168

Post by Kaminsky » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:49 am

If you are still in search of taunts for this modification, I have a .zip file available with .wav sound files.
The link for this file is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5v7qj ... Taunts.zip.
The sound files in .ogg format can be found at: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t1ee4 ... _(ogg).zip.
Last edited by Kaminsky on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#169

Post by Leonard » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 am

[spoiler]

Code: Select all

<@WaTaKiD> punish me
* Seanphone gets his belt out
<+Seanphone> all right WaTaKiD bend over

Code: Select all

<Kokiri> capo whos your fav pony?
<capo> i like them all

Code: Select all

cobalt changes topic to 'ZDoom 2.6.1 progress: at r3771, 23 revisions left (98% complete)'
<edward-san> omg
<edward-san> almost finished!!!
<Sean> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Sean> Plot twist: This is the status of Half-Life 3.
<Dusk> plot twist: the percentage count suddenly begins to decline instead
<Sean> Torr makes a forum post "We're going back to 2.5.0"
<Dusk> and we do so incrementally
[/spoiler]

kgsws
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:34 am

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#170

Post by kgsws » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Taunt request - OGG, ready to use.
Spoiler: and this is how you play hunters (Open)
Image
BTW: i never play hunters

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 982
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#171

Post by fr blood » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:40 pm

The biggest change is this: PH_MAPPROPSONLY
If "set PH_MAPPROPSONLY" is set to true, forcerandom will only morph you into props/decorations that are currently on the map.
That's very nice, good job.

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#172

Post by Slim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

tyler12112 wrote:
Music will not be implemented into prop hunt. As far as i know, the mod stops music before the level starts. You can still put music but it won't play.

Well, music is ENTIRELY the client's choice. Forcing your opinion on other clients isn't exactly most people's idea of "enjoyment". Music is a client's risk in gameplay, I'm sure most people hear the taunts over music anyway, seeing as how their pretty loud. So the matter of the fact is, it's a pointless disabling of a function most people enjoy. Why not add an hudmessage ADVISING turning it down? Besides, it doesn't stop changemus... So why even bother? :/
Last edited by Slim on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

User avatar
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Location: Britland

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#173

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Suicide Slim wrote: Well, music is ENTIRELY the client's choice. Forcing your opinion on other clients isn't exactly most people's idea of "enjoyment". Music is a client's risk in gameplay, I'm sure most people hear the taunts over music anyway, seeing as how their pretty loud. So the matter of the fact is, it's a pointless disabling of a function most people enjoy. Why not add an hudmessage ADVISING turning it down? Besides, it doesn't stop changemus... So why even bother? :/
There's a lot of musical taunts and they do tend to clash annoyingly with the music so it was turned off. It is the wad's choice ultimately what music will play on a map, even if the music is silence. But it's not forced, as you say one can easily just do changemus in console if they don't like the song playing (which is "silence" in prophunt), and a mapper can enable music on his map by setting it two tics after the map has started (music is set to silence on the first tic).

ESTAR
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm
Location: Dominican Republic (we are not half-naked natives)
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#174

Post by ESTAR » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Ok, here are the taunts i compiled. These aren't ALL the taunts i could think of, it's just that i put these ones ahead to see what does Frits say, i have tons, TONS of more taunts, and yeah, that means taunts for hunters too! Ok, go ahead and hear a sample of all taunts below :D

Click to hear the TAUNTS

10 taunts in total.

Ok, now Frits, i got the sound files, if you want them, i can send them to you in ogg. or .mid in PM.

Btw the "What does the fox say" and "Gangnam style" are just meh... :rolleyes:

Oh i almost forgot it, "what does the fox say" taunt is perfectly loopable, so it can be one of the infinite taunt ones! :P
Last edited by ESTAR on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#175

Post by Slim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Hypnotoad wrote: There's a lot of musical taunts and they do tend to clash annoyingly with the music so it was turned off. It is the wad's choice ultimately what music will play on a map, even if the music is silence. But it's not forced, as you say one can easily just do changemus in console if they don't like the song playing (which is "silence" in prophunt), and a mapper can enable music on his map by setting it two tics after the map has started (music is set to silence on the first tic).
So lemme get it all lined up here. *taps papers together*

The music is set to "silence" on the very first tic of gameplay? That means people who like to play music have to changemus _every_ single round. Because y'know advising snd_musicvolume 0 to those who want silence is totally hard right? I even have an idea for the hudmessage advisory.

Code: Select all

\cn"SND_MUSICVOLUME 0" in console if you need to focus!
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

User avatar
CloudFlash
Zandrone
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:35 pm
Location: Wonderland (except not really)

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#176

Post by CloudFlash » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Suicide Slim wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote: There's a lot of musical taunts and they do tend to clash annoyingly with the music so it was turned off. It is the wad's choice ultimately what music will play on a map, even if the music is silence. But it's not forced, as you say one can easily just do changemus in console if they don't like the song playing (which is "silence" in prophunt), and a mapper can enable music on his map by setting it two tics after the map has started (music is set to silence on the first tic).
So lemme get it all lined up here. *taps papers together*

The music is set to "silence" on the very first tic of gameplay? That means people who like to play music have to changemus _every_ single round. Because y'know advising snd_musicvolume 0 to those who want silence is totally hard right? I even have an idea for the hudmessage advisory.

Code: Select all

\cn"SND_MUSICVOLUME 0" in console if you need to focus!
So let me get this straight, you want people to constantly switch between 'having some music in the background on some mod' and 'totally no music, for the needs of only one mod'?
And oh my gods, you are forced to push that button at the beggining of every round in order to listen to some music? Oh my, my, however shall you survive, with this madness, this, this unspeakable terror cast upon your poor soul by those nasty, nasty modders?
Last edited by CloudFlash on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

User avatar
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Location: Britland

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#177

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Suicide Slim wrote: That means people who like to play music have to changemus _every_ single round.
Yup.
Because y'know advising snd_musicvolume 0 to those who want silence is totally hard right? I even have an idea for the hudmessage advisory.
I think the majority would prefer silence, it would be better to advise changemus * in console.

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#178

Post by Slim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:15 pm

CloudFlash wrote: So let me get this straight, you want people to constantly switch between 'having some music in the background on some mod' and 'totally no music, for the needs of only one mod'?
Yeah, WAYYYYYYY better than switching the music on EVERY ROUND.
CloudFlash wrote: And oh my gods, you are forced to push that button at the beggining of every round in order to listen to some music? Oh my, my, however shall you survive, with this madness, this, this unspeakable terror cast upon your poor soul by those nasty, nasty modders?
Your sarcasm is impressive, I applaud you. At first I was actually going to focus on Hypnotoad's post, but then I noticed that you actually proved my point. So thanks.
Hypnotoad wrote:
Suicide Slim wrote: That means people who like to play music have to changemus _every_ single round.
Yup.
Because y'know advising snd_musicvolume 0 to those who want silence is totally hard right? I even have an idea for the hudmessage advisory.
I think the majority would prefer silence, it would be better to advise changemus * in console.
Then make the advisory that then, at least let people who blare music know that it isn't totally gone (People who get tired of the same old MIDI's and/or MM8BDM regulars who've recently flocked to this little project).

It's also a little ahead of everything to say most people would perfer no music, because its more likely you'd perfer not to have music on say.. DM maps (which usually have great music picks btw) with music on them (as pretty much every map HAS music). So again, its enforcing a prefrence on a growing playerbase. It would be like if Z& came with snd_musicvolume 0 on by default, just because the developers perferred it. The maps ORIGINALLY came with music, so music should not be forced to silence. When it comes to CLIENTSIDED SETTINGS, the modder should not enforce these kinds of things. Clientside settings are the player's choice, not the author(s) of a mod.
Last edited by Slim on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

Klofkac
Forum Regular
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 pm
Location: Ask Grandvoid servers

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#179

Post by Klofkac » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm

If you really want music and do not want to bother changemusing it every time, make M3U playlist, then use playlist [file] in console.
Playlists completely ignore the changemus commands.
Last edited by Klofkac on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Prop Hunt - vb4 is out, featuring PH_MAPPROPSONLY and more!!!

#180

Post by Slim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Klofkac wrote: If you really want music and do not want to bother changemusing it every time, make M3U playlist, then use playlist [file] in console.
Playlists completely ignore the changemus commands.
That's a great solution Klofkac. There's only one problem however, about around 85% of the players playing Prop Hunt at the moment are either new players, or ignorant players who balls deep into the game and never learn how to utilize and optimize their console throughout their time playing Zandronum. So pretty much most people would not know that.
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

Post Reply