Prop Hunt - vb5 is out

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

RE: Prop Hunt - vb2 released!!

Post by SwordGrunt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Lord_of_D: wrote: Lets start a community pack specifically for this mod, but which we can play too in common DM :3. btw, whyd you disable the music? for listenning much better?
How does a prop win on DM other than telefragging?

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Boat already made a script that gives 40 hp to every hunter when a prop spectates/disconnects :)

Code: Select all

Mode #grandvoid -o Konar6 by Frits
<Konar6> the fuck
<Konar6> who made this IRC
<Konar6> how is this possible

EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote: Hmm, leaving crouch enabled should be better, since big classes like trees, lamps and tech pillars kept getting stuck in small doors, places, etc etc etc....
We have changed their hitbox size now to prevent this.
yeah, ik that, but some big classes, ex: big trees, etc. still getting stuck at small door's and places, ex: map13, map22

Oh, and if ur using random, ur screwed if u spawn at a small place with a big class... That sucks and it's a quite unfair in some way~
Last edited by EnsaladaDeTomate on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rabbit lord
Forum Regular

Post by Rabbit lord » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 pm

This was very fun to play and has sparked my interest. After playing (quite) a few rounds I think I have a handle on what to see in a map. I'll see if I can conjure something up for this. Any specific map numbers or rotation you looking for? PH01-PH10?
Last edited by Rabbit lord on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:06 pm

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
EnsaladaDeTomate wrote: Hmm, leaving crouch enabled should be better, since big classes like trees, lamps and tech pillars kept getting stuck in small doors, places, etc etc etc....
We have changed their hitbox size now to prevent this.
yeah, ik that, but some big classes, ex: big trees, etc. still getting stuck at small door's and places, ex: map13, map22

Oh, and if ur using random, ur screwed if u spawn at a small place with a big class... That sucks and it's a quite unfair in some way~
We really fixed it in the next version. No more getting stuck in small places as a big prop. Promised :)

Rabbit lord wrote: This was very fun to play and has sparked my interest. After playing (quite) a few rounds I think I have a handle on what to see in a map. I'll see if I can conjure something up for this. Any specific map numbers or rotation you looking for? PH01-PH10?
PHXX seems like a good way to sort the maps. So yeah, go ahead.
Last edited by Frits on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:
Ijon Tichy wrote: DISCONNECT scripts run on the world, though. You'll need to signal to the hunters somehow that they need to heal up; either through giving a CustomInventory to a certain TID shared by the hunters, or through sending a signal to an ENTER script through an array or something.
An easy trick would be to just loop through all the players, and check the team. If blue, heal the player. Indeed this would likely require assigning players a TID based on PlayerNumber()

Also:
Spoiler: Potential Prop Taunt (Open)
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Frits wrote: Boat already made a script that gives 40 hp to every hunter when a prop spectates/disconnects :)
Yeah, this is more or less what I did, I already had their TID's stored.

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Rabbit lord wrote: This was very fun to play and has sparked my interest. After playing (quite) a few rounds I think I have a handle on what to see in a map. I'll see if I can conjure something up for this. Any specific map numbers or rotation you looking for? PH01-PH10?
Let me make music for your maps again! :razz: I improved a lot since "Oriental Drum n bass" :P If 6 min is the default timer then i will do a 6 min song, simple :)

Also, are You guys planning to make "classes" for hunters? Or want to leave it classic and simple (not to say classes Like GvH, not exagerating things).

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 am

I got one real major suggestion for balancing, but I doubt due to the limitations of ACS it'll come to fruitition. How about having the props only spawn as what's actually in a map? Example, a bigtree in a tech base map would be a DEAD giveaway that you're a player. So if there's only shellboxes in a map, how about the prop players only spawn as shellboxes? That'd correct balance by a lot.

EDIT: Also, the fading to black during the hiding period really does not help with the telefragging going on, why not instant cut to black? If you see a hider come by during the mass respawning players do, it's basically spoiling where they hide, Could that be fixed?
Last edited by Slim on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 am

Suicide Slim wrote: I got one real major suggestion for balancing, but I doubt due to the limitations of ACS it'll come to fruitition. How about having the props only spawn as what's actually in a map? Example, a bigtree in a tech base map would be a DEAD giveaway that you're a player. So if there's only shellboxes in a map, how about the prop players only spawn as shellboxes? That'd correct balance by a lot.
I understand your point, but i think the REAL solution to that issue is having a custom mappack made for the wad, with creative mappers making versatile maps where EVERY prop can hide properly, Like a lab, and then outdoors a forest, or, making a weird map, like REAL decorate trees in a building (but this last one item randomizer might screw it?) just an exmaple, im pretty sure that "prop fitting in the map's theme" issue Will be fixed with a custom mappack, just wait for it!
Last edited by ESTAR on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyler12112

Post by tyler12112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:32 am

Suicide Slim wrote: I got one real major suggestion for balancing, but I doubt due to the limitations of ACS it'll come to fruitition. How about having the props only spawn as what's actually in a map? Example, a bigtree in a tech base map would be a DEAD giveaway that you're a player. So if there's only shellboxes in a map, how about the prop players only spawn as shellboxes? That'd correct balance by a lot.

EDIT: Also, the fading to black during the hiding period really does not help with the telefragging going on, why not instant cut to black? If you see a hider come by during the mass respawning players do, it's basically spoiling where they hide, Could that be fixed?
The telefragging will be fixed soon kinda, just wait, all these ideas will or have already been implemented :)
and the shellbox idea, there will probably not be any maps with just one item.
Everybody needs a hobby

Slim
Zandrone

Post by Slim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 am

ESTAR wrote: I understand your point, but i think the REAL solution to that issue is having a custom mappack made for the wad, with creative mappers making versatile maps where EVERY prop can hide properly, Like a lab, and then outdoors a forest, or, making a weird map, like REAL decorate trees in a building (but this last one item randomizer might screw it?) just an exmaple, im pretty sure that "prop fitting in the map's theme" issue Will be fixed with a custom mappack, just wait for it!
But then, that'd be a bad idea, it's a waste of Vanilla compatibility. Having to have it's own mappack just for the proper setting for hiders would be just a pain in the rear, and it'd take a long time. I'm sure this will have it's own maps in the future, it's also compatible with other maps, Which I'm sure was an intended function by the author(s).

EDIT: Also, this seemed to promote playing actual vanilla Doom 2 maps, so I see no manatory need for a mappack JUST for balance's sake.
Last edited by Slim on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5

tyler12112

Post by tyler12112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 am

ESTAR wrote:
Let me make music for your maps again! :razz: I improved a lot since "Oriental Drum n bass" :P If 6 min is the default timer then i will do a 6 min song, simple :)

Also, are You guys planning to make "classes" for hunters? Or want to leave it classic and simple (not to say classes Like GvH, not exagerating things).
Music will not be implemented into prop hunt. As far as i know, the mod stops music before the level starts. You can still put music but it won't play.

Also I've got the map name "PH01" already, so if there's no way to change it don't use plskthx :)
Everybody needs a hobby

Slim
Zandrone

Post by Slim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am

tyler12112 wrote: Music will not be implemented into prop hunt. As far as i know, the mod stops music before the level starts. You can still put music but it won't play.
Is there any good reason at all that music is forced off? It's a clientside deal. I'm just saying it serves no real purpose for this. :/

tyler12112 wrote: and the shellbox idea, there will probably not be any maps with just one item.
It was an example though, not to be taken literally.
Last edited by Slim on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

tyler12112

Post by tyler12112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:03 am

Suicide Slim wrote:
tyler12112 wrote: Music will not be implemented into prop hunt. As far as i know, the mod stops music before the level starts. You can still put music but it won't play.
Is there any good reason at all that music is forced off? It's a clientside deal. I'm just saying it serves no real purpose for this. :/

tyler12112 wrote: and the shellbox idea, there will probably not be any maps with just one item.
It was an example though, not to be taken literally.
Music was taken for more enjoyment of the prop taunts and more easier for hunters to find, imo it's better for the game mode

yea i know but was using that to say not every level will be equal to all props but there is ways to win even with a big tree.
Everybody needs a hobby

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:06 am

tyler12112 wrote:Music will not be implemented into prop hunt. As far as i know, the mod stops music before the level starts.
Welp at least i tried. :cry:

And Slim, custom mappack doesnt necessarily means "babysit props".

Slim
Zandrone

Post by Slim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:09 am

ESTAR wrote: custom mappack doesnt necessarily means "babysit props".
ESTAR wrote: I understand your point, but i think the REAL solution to that issue is having a custom mappack made for the wad, with creative mappers making versatile maps where EVERY prop can hide properly,
Well I'm sorry Estar, that's what looked like what was implied. I only said it as what I read.

ESTAR

Post by ESTAR » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 am

Suicide Slim wrote: Example, a bigtree in a tech base map would be a DEAD giveaway that you're a player.
ESTAR wrote: i think the REAL solution to that issue is having a custom mappack made for the wad, with creative mappers making versatile maps where EVERY prop can hide properly, Like a lab, and then outdoors a forest
I Was referring to theme of the Map, obviously not a big room filled and spammed with stimpacks xD

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:24 am

Suicide Slim wrote: Is there any good reason at all that music is forced off? It's a clientside deal. I'm just saying it serves no real purpose for this. :/
I see no reason why you can't add music to the Maps you make. Maybe someday they'll be used for something else. So go ahead.
Music won't be defaulted on in the mod but clients can always turn it back on.

The item randomizer well, i don't think it will work well. If Every item on the map is randomized then there will be no more blending in. At which point it just becomes spray 'n pray.

What i'm thinking about is perhaps adding selective item randomizers eg: big tree can turn either into a small tree, stalagmite/tite or nothing at all.
Last edited by Frits on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

Mode #grandvoid -o Konar6 by Frits
<Konar6> the fuck
<Konar6> who made this IRC
<Konar6> how is this possible

BarneyTheDinosaur
New User

Post by BarneyTheDinosaur » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:59 am

I want to join on the mappack
Thank you for existing and supporting this game! Love you all.

Condor

Post by Condor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 am

Although I wish I could add some ideas to improve this wad, I can't really come up with anything as I haven't really played this gametype in gmod either. That aside, I want to share how much of a blast I've had these past few days playing in this server. Congratulations on a successful server!
Last edited by Condor on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.