Prop Hunt - vb5 is out

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Frits
Forum Regular

RE: Prop Hunt - vb2 released!!

Post by Frits » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

BarneyTheDinosaur wrote: I want to join on the mappack
Go ahead, maps are welcome.
Condor wrote: Although I wish I could add some ideas to improve this wad, I can't really come up with anything as I haven't really played this gametype in gmod either. That aside, I want to share how much of a blast I've had these past few days playing in this server. Congratulations on a successful server!
Thanks man, we appreciate it.
Last edited by Frits on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

Mode #grandvoid -o Konar6 by Frits
<Konar6> the fuck
<Konar6> who made this IRC
<Konar6> how is this possible

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Frits, will there be automatic team balancing? This is probably the biggest gameplay issue. It's pointless when there are more hunters than props, and when you have 4 hunters against 20 props things are also hard. Of course there shouldn't be a static limit, but just something to prevent ridiculous stacking.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 pm

If there is more hunters than a specific percentage of players imo their weapons should cost more, its bs when there is enough hunters to chaingun check everything in existance!
Dunno about if props are insanely higher the only thing I can think is adding some extra seconds to timer per prop because nerfing prop actors won't impact anything when all of them are hiding and there isn't many hunters.

Offtopic : Hunters who know maps are crazily op :P, kinda proves way too many people didn't even bother beating the Iwad.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

tyler12112

Post by tyler12112 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Cruduxy wrote: If there is more hunters than a specific percentage of players imo their weapons should cost more, its bs when there is enough hunters to chaingun check everything in existance!
Dunno about if props are insanely higher the only thing I can think is adding some extra seconds to timer per prop because nerfing prop actors won't impact anything when all of them are hiding and there isn't many hunters.

Offtopic : Hunters who know maps are crazily op :P, kinda proves way too many people didn't even bother beating the Iwad.
Ya ya i'm too op gimme nerf.
Everybody needs a hobby

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:37 pm

I'm running into an odd issue. I've noticed that if ph_forcerandom is 1, and you select a specific class and morph to a random one: when you die and then automatically enter into the spectate cam a few seconds after, two things may happen, either you'll spawn a flashing voodoo doll of yourself where you died, or everyone will appear invisible to you. Strangely, if I include Skulltag Actors and Skulltag Data, this issue is completely fixed (this is why it doesn't happen in the servers), and I have no idea why. Anyone aware of skulltag_actors skulltag_data fixing issues with morphactor and why?

edit: MRF_UNDOBYDEATH | MRF_UNDOBYDEATHFORCED appears to fix it
SwordGrunt wrote: Frits, will there be automatic team balancing? This is probably the biggest gameplay issue. It's pointless when there are more hunters than props, and when you have 4 hunters against 20 props things are also hard. Of course there shouldn't be a static limit, but just something to prevent ridiculous stacking.
I think really what's needed is active admins. If it becomes too hard for props, the admin can adjust things such as the timelimit and turn random off, and in later versions will be able to adjust the hide time too. I'm very hesitant to start forcing players into teams.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:38 pm

Can't you raise the time that hunters take to open their eyes please, because when we are more than 25 on the server, telefuck can makes some of us loose 10 or more secondes, and after that we get pwned.

Btw I started a PropHunt mode a year ago, but I stopped it because of a bug with doombuilder ( not loading new decoration actors from realm 667 ), in mine it was based on Survival mode, with a morphed hunter and props were able to change apparence during the round, but actually the one you did is very funny so I think I don't have to finish my own.
Last edited by fr blood on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 pm

fr blood wrote: Can't you raise the time that hunters take to open their eyes please, because when we are more than 25 on the server, telefuck can makes some of us loose 10 or more secondes, and after that we get pwned.
It's already in the next version: a cvar to set the "hiding time"
Also no more telefragging :d

<Konar6> the fuck

Simrock
New User

Post by Simrock » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Some more taunts suggestions; I guess there is no such thing as too much taunts, :P

SwordGrunt
Forum Regular

Post by SwordGrunt » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:=
I think really what's needed is active admins. If it becomes too hard for props, the admin can adjust things such as the timelimit and turn random off, and in later versions will be able to adjust the hide time too. I'm very hesitant to start forcing players into teams.
I totally understand that forcing players into teams is a terrible way to do it, and indeed having active admins is a much better option.

How about adjusting the timelimit according to the team balancing, too? If the server uses another cvar that is not the actual timelimit (say, pointlimit) to store it, a script can adjust timelimit according to that and the amount of hunters/props.
Last edited by SwordGrunt on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

capodecima
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by capodecima » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 am

Definitely CACOWARDS material "Best Gameplay Mod" ever.

Frits made this for his touchpad racing. :D
Play more vanilla
odamex.net

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:29 am

capodecima wrote: Definitely CACOWARDS material "Best Gameplay Mod" ever.

Frits made this for his touchpad racing. :D
Now i only have to sit in a corner and do nothing :d

<Konar6> the fuck

uggi121
Forum Regular

Post by uggi121 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 pm

As D'Sparil and I managed to found out, some people have been multi-clienting and managed to find out ALL the hiding locations. We managed to votekick them, but for a safer solution, I guess co-op spy should be disabled in future servers
"I want to learn French. Hope I'm taught how to gif French kiss."

tyler12112

Post by tyler12112 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:10 pm

uggi121 wrote: As D'Sparil and I managed to found out, some people have been multi-clienting and managed to find out ALL the hiding locations. We managed to votekick them, but for a safer solution, I guess co-op spy should be disabled in future servers
I think that the server host just needs to set sv_maxclients1
Everybody needs a hobby

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:25 pm

It's sv_maxclientsperip I think.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm

just turn f12 off, there are legitimate multiple people using the same ip to play doom.

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:58 pm

People going srs mode already, damn.

<Konar6> the fuck

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Do disable it. Quite annoying having a few amount of people walking right up into a room and shooting directly at you as if they're some kind of magician.
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Absolute Zero

Post by Absolute Zero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Things should be randomized (add it as cvar, maybe?), in my opinion. My argument is that some maps are medieval, then obviously there will be no tech props (well... for the most of them of course).

Suddenly, you are a tall tech pillar in a marble level with no sign of tech environment. Kinda obvious, huh?

Oh yeah, about the f12 thing.

SV_DisallowSpying 1

Maybe that works.
Last edited by Absolute Zero on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMPLEMENT WEAPON PICKUP PREDICTION 2K14! VOTE NOW! YES/YES

In fact, I hate Kelvins, and humans too, because they are carrying nearly 300 of them EVERYWHERE!

Klofkac
Forum Regular

Post by Klofkac » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Problem is, since 1.0, Zandronum will always allow players to spy others while spectating, the CVAR will disable it just for the players.
Last edited by Klofkac on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm sure very very few people legitimately have a need for more clients from the same ip, I think sv_maxclientsperip 1 is still the best solution. I like actually knowing what's going on as a spectator, it's part of the fun observing other people's hiding spots or props and laughing at the blindness of hunters.