Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Retro Gamer
New User

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by Retro Gamer » Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 am

I saw some of your Zdoom related posts about this and it's nice to hear Terminus has given you permission to give his project a little love.
Raccoon wrote:Hey guys, I'm currently bug-hunting in this project. (Terminus is not involved in this, though he has given permission)

Raccoon
New User

Post by Raccoon » Mon May 22, 2017 4:37 am

Yeah, unfortunately, due to the lack of community involvement and experience within the team, it doesn't look like we'll be able to keep Zandronum support in there at this point: I'm not a Zandronum developer, and haven't been since it was Skulltag, and I don't know what I'd need to do to make a Zandronum Compatible version, seeing as Zandronum doesn't have support for as many Decorate and ACS features as GZDoom. Seeing as the response from the community has been pretty much non-supportive, me and the other two people, who aren't as experienced with DECORATE or ACS as I am, have enough on our plate as is.

If a Zandronum programmer wants to look at what we have when there's a little more progress, that'd be a good way to ensure support. We're trying to push a beta release pretty soon, so...

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon May 22, 2017 4:46 am

finish singleplayer/coop for this mod it needs it

wtf do u need that zan3.0 doesnt have besides maybe doomscript

are u the guy from [x]

Raccoon
New User

Post by Raccoon » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 am

Combinebobnt wrote:finish singleplayer/coop for this mod it needs it
Currently, I have the code in for the different colored hatch doors and a few other item-utilizing functions. I've got the beginnings of the maps for a single player campaign that spans 5 planets.
wtf do u need that zan3.0 doesnt have besides maybe doomscript
I don't know what Zandronum does and doesn't support. I have never modded for Zandronum and I do not have the time or interest to learn it for a single compatibility part for a single mod I am working on in my spare time.
are u the guy from [x]
I don't know what you're referring to. I'm just the person running a team working on reworking and updating this project.