SunMadcat's monsters

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
Empyre
Zandrone
Posts: 1282
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 am
Location: Garland, TX, USA

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#221

Post by Empyre » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:58 pm

lord of darkness the brony wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:02 am
Empyre wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 am
lord of darkness the brony wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am
is there a way to make the monsters as a sort of monster randomizer mod along with a separate file with the weapons randomized with vanilla weapons? I have 0 knowledge on how to do such a thing
I did that earlier in this thread, but quite a few monsters have been added since then.
Here it is, but it is outdated now: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 2018v1.pk3
how could i possibly do what you did but for the new monsters? do i need slade or some other type of application?
Slade is what I used. You would also need a lot of time and patience, which is why I haven't updated it. If you look at his wad and my pk3, you can probably figure out what I did. Feel free to use my pk3 as a base to update with the newer monsters, which I hope will have been added at the end of the wad.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

lord of darkness the brony
New User
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:31 am
Location: planet earth

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#222

Post by lord of darkness the brony » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 am

Empyre wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:58 pm
lord of darkness the brony wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:02 am
Empyre wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:44 am
lord of darkness the brony wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am
is there a way to make the monsters as a sort of monster randomizer mod along with a separate file with the weapons randomized with vanilla weapons? I have 0 knowledge on how to do such a thing
I did that earlier in this thread, but quite a few monsters have been added since then.
Here it is, but it is outdated now: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... 2018v1.pk3
how could i possibly do what you did but for the new monsters? do i need slade or some other type of application?
Slade is what I used. You would also need a lot of time and patience, which is why I haven't updated it. If you look at his wad and my pk3, you can probably figure out what I did. Feel free to use my pk3 as a base to update with the newer monsters, which I hope will have been added at the end of the wad.
alright then i'll give it a try, i think i kind of understand

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#223

Post by madcat » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:27 am

I have just released some new monsters - A new monsterpack can be found on the first page.

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#224

Post by Doomenator » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 am

madcat wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:27 am
I have just released some new monsters - A new monsterpack can be found on the first page.
You need to sort the monsters by class: Doom, Doom64, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, Medieval, Fantasy, Tech... Other.

User avatar
Gaia74
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:39 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#225

Post by Gaia74 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:36 am

Hello sunmadcat !, it has been a long time since I wrote here last time, I even learned to make sprites much better than last time, now, I come to ask your permission to use some monsters in my project, because honestly they are great!

if you want to know more about my project, you can ask me!

cheers! n.n

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#226

Post by madcat » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Gaia74 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:36 am
Hello sunmadcat !, it has been a long time since I wrote here last time, I even learned to make sprites much better than last time, now, I come to ask your permission to use some monsters in my project, because honestly they are great!

if you want to know more about my project, you can ask me!

cheers! n.n
Feel free to use any monsters I made. Good luck with your project.

User avatar
Gaia74
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:39 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#227

Post by Gaia74 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:59 pm

thank you! n.n

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#228

Post by madcat » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Im back working on some monsters. Soon you can expect these:

Image

MoonLord
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#229

Post by MoonLord » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:21 am

Can't wait.

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#230

Post by madcat » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:26 pm


MoonLord
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#231

Post by MoonLord » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:01 pm

OOh happy day, oh happy day :lol:

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#232

Post by madcat » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:57 pm

I have been toying with HIRESTEX, combining various weapons and helmets and the result is 40 new monsters.

Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jotbylnja4osi ... .wad?raw=1

Summon names are ElvenSpearman00 - ElvenSpearman19 ; ElvenSpearmanTunic00 - ElvenSpearmanTunic19

Or you can summon ElvenSpearmanShow - this actor spawns all 40 Spearmen in 2 lines so you can have a look at all of them ( I recommend going to Doom2 map32, do NOTARGET, get to the middle of the big hall and summon it there while facing the start door. )

Each of the 40 Elven Spearmen use a different combination of Body Armor, Helmet and Weapon.

Btw if this was not enough you can always use Translation to recolor the hair ( which is green, 112-127 ) to make even more variety.

User avatar
Gaia74
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:39 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#233

Post by Gaia74 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:49 am

I'm just curious, have you tried making sprites of a Christian archangel? I would like to see more sprites of that but I can't find more than in eviternity, and to be honest I would also like to try it but I'm not sure where to start :s

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#234

Post by madcat » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:35 pm

An update - now there are 120 Elven Spearmen total. Also several offest mistakes fixed.

Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f2bzdnffntmx ... .wad?raw=1

User avatar
Matiu
Posts a lot
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:56 pm
Location: Santiago De Chile
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal
Contact:

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#235

Post by Matiu » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:18 pm

madcat wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:35 pm
An update - now there are 120 Elven Spearmen total. Also several offest mistakes fixed.

Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f2bzdnffntmx ... .wad?raw=1
It's a lot of Spearmen, it looks good :o
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter
Image

User avatar
goldenmob72
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:48 am

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#236

Post by goldenmob72 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm playing this w/ GZDoom 4.5.0 and the monsters rarely appear.
It's appearing for mostly the Shotgunner w/ the Jetpack and nothing more

User avatar
Nomakh
New User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:43 am

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#237

Post by Nomakh » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Once upon a time I was surfing Internet in search of "human-enemies" for Doom mods. Suddenly my "journey" brings me here, in this pure treasure room, where I've found a lot of completed actors. That's what I needed) Cool monster-pack, thank you, SunMadCat) And if you please, I would like to see more modern human actors; like soldiers, gangsters, "mercs" or just civilian militia\rebels. This would be great)

And knowing that you are fond of fantasy theme - how about some dragon's sprites? For some reason this kind of sprites is very rare.

User avatar
[v_nash] Chillrend
New User
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:47 pm
Location: Finland, Helsinki
Contact:

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#238

Post by [v_nash] Chillrend » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:54 pm

There are a lot of monsters here, and damn it, they're all good! Everyone is good at something different, although it is worth noting that some of the monsters are very much distinguished by their appearance. Why is the appearance of, for example, Caco Shredder, Painsplitter, Cacosplitter, and Caco Legs so funny (in a good way)? Where do these sprites come from (if not the original ones)? XD
This is something very specific, but cool. I like it. And, of course, I express great respect for the great work that has been done. Making code for at least 90% of ALL these monsters is powerful.
Practice makes perfect
Image

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#239

Post by madcat » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:42 am

I have just released some new monsters - A new monsterpack can be found on the first page. 393 monsters total.

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: SunMadcat's monsters

#240

Post by madcat » Sun May 23, 2021 10:53 am

It seems I forgot to release this one little buddy, made back in 2018. CyberMadcat ( despite the name it is NOT supposed to be me )

Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liv5rld744zgo ... .wad?raw=1

Post Reply