Survivalism (DayZ / Rust Inspired) - Now with Persistent Inventory

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
bugreporter45
New User

Re: Survivalism (DayZ / Rust Inspired) - Now with Persistent Inventory

Post by bugreporter45 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Well turns out all my "bugs" were "features". Sadly, that is not documented anywhere, except here on page 4 and page 5:
- leveling system that locks out possibilities
- chicken produce less eggs the more there are chickens, for no real reason
- turnips spoil in soil, for no real reason - they may spoil, but they replant themselves by producing seeds irl
- food also spoils in inventory - thats ok actaully
- from level 15 I have to water, watch own hunger and get unreliable waiting, the message is - progessing is bad
- hinges and lifting things things, which are of no use and contradict with bows/wood contraptions. I had no problem building huge bridges and rescueing them when they get shot and collapse
- advanced sentries that arent enough advanced to compensate loosing stone mines to different, hardly used resource
- enemy bases that drop skull walls, that cant be disposed

I dont understand philosophy that "getting easier as on plays more" is seen as problem. This is how dopamine works, we start hard and we solve and it gets easier as a reward. If challenge is replaced by challenge, this gives no dopamine reward as essentially we solved nothing. If it gets easier and getting *new* challenges (new horizons) to look into - means we progressed, there is feel. Killing dragon with ton of sentries is not bad - its one of possible tactics. Getting loot is okay, loosing it is also ok. This is better than getting little loot and never loosing it, more possibilities.

Looks like the R13 was best release for as I see it. Too bad I also keep the old bugs. I think R13 was perfect, only needed larger and more maps, - plus admins or good players hunting bad players that hunt beginner players. Bosses and quests are also thing to miss. Chainsaw should be replaced with regular manual saw imho, that just cuts 2.5x faster than axe.

Oh well, dont read my post too serious, I am only a common player that used to play this map a lot in the past. Its ok that I dont share where things went, probably there are people that enjoy them new things too.