I've been working on a WAD about rainbows and unicorns zombie revenants and pinkies. Or something like that.
"Survivalism" is my attempt to create a DayZ-like world in the Doom engine, where you're trying to scavenge items to survive in a wasteland. It features randomly spawning monsters and loot across the map, with a handful of weapons that you find to help you survive.
Check out the screenshots below or just jump onto a server to get better idea of it!
- Dynamic day/night cycle
- Construction - build Minecraft-style bases
- Chop down trees with an axe to get wood or mine rocks for stone
- Persistent Inventory (new with Zandronum 1.3) - Servers can save your stuff!
- Zombies attack your base!
- Dynamic monster spawner and loot
- Turnip farming
- Random hard bad guys that drop better guns :)
- Two maps: doomz1, doomz2
- Pinky creepers
Download: Download Survivalism r17test1 (January 1st, 2019) - doomz-r17test1.pk3
Or play now online on the server: Survivalism (DoomZ) r17test1 --> 184.108.40.206:10668
Spoiler: r13 changelog - Dec. 13th, 2014 (Open)How to save your inventory:New in r13 (Dec. 13th, 2014)
- Chop logs to get wood now!
- Chickens can be picked up!
- Box placer gun can place pillars, floors, and doors now
- Torches light a bigger area
- Torches work better at preventing monsters from spawning near them
- Light logs on fire for campfires!
- Fire can spread now. (logs and trees can catch on fire)
- Doors work way better now.
- Dogs spawn in packs now
- Zandronum 2.0 compatibility (loading saved games in SP fixed too!)
- New, rare vanity items
- Two new guns
- New boss! And a special weapon as a reward.
- Some crazy ACS / DECORATE to make a simple raft. :)
- Loot boxes spawn
- Ghouls are not ridiculously hard now
- Monster spawner charge
- Box placer gun improved - Less glitchy collsion detection. It's much harder to place boxes inside boxes now.
- Tree growth is slower
- Doors spawn a bit lower
- Title screen map and logo!
- Respawning turnips in a few spots on DoomZ2
To save your inventory on the current official Survivalism server:
- Register an account here
- Launch Zandronum and select "Account" at the top. Enter your username and password, and hit "Login".
- Connect to the server: 220.127.116.11:10668 (or use Doomseeker and search for "Survivalism")
Spoiler: r10 Screenshots - August 28th 2014 update (Open)
Spoiler: Past Updates (Open)The maps are nowhere near being finished but I figure if it's not fun now, there's no point in making giant maps that nobody's going to play in.New in r11 (October 12th, 2014 Update):
Major New Features:
New and Updated Weapons:
- Persistent inventory! (Save it from the basic crafting menu!) - Uses the new database feature in Zandronum 1.3.
- Crafting- Basic crafting menu and crafting boxes that can be used to create more stuff.
- Loot dropping mechanic changed: Monsters drop loot now, and harder monsters
drop better loot. Random loot still drops, but is now much more rare.
- Completely rewritten monster spawner, no more monsters outside the map!
- Ninja rope by AEnima! Find hemp, harvest it, and then use the alt-fire on your bow.
- Added Glock18.
- The knife slashes faster, so it's actually useful now.
- Box placer gun moved to slot 0
- Polished the weapons more. Timings tweaked, shell casings, and pistols are semi-auto now.
- Major revamp to doomz2!
- More spawns! You don't always spawn in the same spot now.
- The doomz2 revamp fixed monsters being unshootable sometimes.
- Very small update to doomz1, which adds a mine in the south east corner of the map.
New in r10 (August 28th 2014):
- Baron of Hell is now harder.
- Added demon dogs to forest
Now with 500% more Mountain:
New in r8 (July 12th 2014):
- - The DoomZ2 map is now twice as big. Go explore!
- Chickens farming!
- Turnip farming!
- Monsters spawn at better heights now
- Arrows shot with the bow now arc
- Less pinkies, revamped pinky explosion
- Swamp area improved
- Fixed spectator respawn death
- P.S. There's something special at the top of the big mountain in DoomZ2.
- 10 bugfixes, including making it harder for blocks to get stuck in the sky, and fixed the tree chopping bug :P
- New skin for door blocks
New in r5-r7:
New in February 17, 2014 Update (r4):
- New non-linear day/night cycle with sweet new sky textures and fog!
- Stone blocks! Mine rocks to get stone.
- Added a cave/mine to DoomZ2 map
- Zombies attack your base now!
- Death Incarnates spawn at night!
- Roofs, Doors
- Turnip harvesting for health!
- New DoomZ2 map
- Axe by default, construction gun by default
- Better foliage, way more foliage (thanks Powergloveninja)
- Respawn delay when you die
- Added zombie scientists from Realm667
- Dead trees are choppable now but regrow slowly
- Bow, Armor, SSG drop for Hell Knight
- Random events
- New random event: Imp storm
- Added mudmen (Ghouls) to the swamp in DoomZ2
- New F1 screen (thanks Claudio!)
- Day/night cycle! Harder zombies (Incarnates) at night and more of em!
- New weapons: Bow and SSG
- Special monsters: Hell Knight and Baron of Hell, dropping the Yellowboy and SSG respectively
- Some night zombies may decide to beat the crap out of your base.
Video of r4:The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
New in February 5, 2014 Update (r3):
New in February 2, 2014 Update (r2):
- Fixed the crazy desync issues in multiplayer. No more ghosting revenants and troll loot boxes that can't be picked up.
- Pillars, floors, and working door blocks for building bigger, better bases!
- Rewritten monster and loot spawner, should be way less laggy!
The first 2 minutes is a good overview:
- Hit F1 for a quick guide.
- Don't let the pinkies get too close to you
- Wood/stone boxes can be reclaimed by attacking them with an axe.
- Respawns are allowed in singleplayer so don't worry if you die
Spoiler: Older Screenshots (Open)
Spoiler: Credits (Open)Any feedback and ideas are welcome!CREDITS:
ACS by Albert Santoni
2D Art, Weapons, and Decorations:
Knife - Xim / ScubaSteve
Yellowboy - Batandy
Axe - TheMightyHeracross, Blue Shadow, Mike12, scalliano
FlareGun - Monolight Productions, lolo_is_cool
Box - 3D Realms, Captain Awesome, Lucario, Hayabusa
DeadSwampTrees - Raven Software, Gothic
Garden - Rogue Entertainment, Raven Software, Yuyu3
NecroRocks - Raven Software, Captain Toenail
SmallTrees&Bushes - Raven Software, CaptainToenail
Bow - Gothic, Raven Software, GvH, Bethesda, Raven Software, Monolith
Death Incarnate - Eriance, Blue Shadow, MagicWazard, Ghastly Dragon, Sandypaper (Brightmaps), Midway, Rogue Entertainment, Raven Software, id Software, Midway
Deployable Sentry Gun - Captain Toenail, ID Software, 3D Realms, Raven, Valve
Sky textures - Powergloveninja, Bethesda
Hazmat Zombie - scalliano, Id Software, Volition, Enjay
Former Scientists - scalliano, Sounds: Id Software, DavidRaven, Konami, Valve, Id Software (Zombieman), Xim (Jawless Zombie Head), JoeyTD (Player 6, 7 & 8 frames), The Skulltag Team (Illucia, Player II), DavidRaven (Female Zombie), Marty Kirra (Alt Female Zombie)
Former Scientists Pack 2 - scalliano, Id Software, DavidRaven, Konami, Valve, Id Software (Zombieman), JoeyTD (Player 6, 7 & 8 frames), The Skulltag Team (Illucia, Player II), DavidRaven (Female Zombie), Marty Kirra (Diaz, Alt Female Zombie), NMN, Tormentor667 (Rapid Fire Zombie), Woolie Wool (SMG Zombie), Vader (Chaingun Major), Mike12 (Revy Skin), solarsnowfall (Steam sprites)
Undead Priest - Captain Toenail, Free Radical Design, Raven Software
Devastator Zombie - scalliano, Eriance (?), Id Software, ItsNatureToDie, neoworm, Captain Toenail, Xim, Ghastly_dragon, Demon Eclipse
Ghoul - Tormentor667, Eriance, Ghastly Dragon, Raven Software
Daggerfall Foliage - Powergloveninja, Bethesda, Hax Murderer (DECORATE)
Death Wyvern - Raven Software
Chicken and Pig - Raven Software
Shadow - Tormentor667, Vader, Ghastly Dragon, Sandypaper (Brightmaps), Blizzard Entertainment, Vader
Rottweiler - Captain Toenail, id Software
Fog - Raven Software
Rope and Grapling Gun - TheShooter7, AEnima (from Mercenaries v1.9 and originally 99GunsX)
Casing Spawner - Ghastly_dragon, KDiZD Team
Glock18 - id Software, JoeyTD, Minigunner
Holding a Chicken Sprite - Hotwax, Cutman, Raven Software
Firewood - ETTiNGRiNDER, Raven Software
Hunting Rifle - TODM, Valve
Wenstern (sic) Shotgun - Cory Whittle, lolo_is_cool, Raven Software, Valve
Gargoyle Statue - Raven Software
CyberSnake and Daemonium - SunMadCat
Imp Warlord - Espi, Nanami, Popsoap, Tormentor667, Keksdose, Id Software, Raven Software
Gas Can -
Pistol - id Software
Fuse - Mojang
TREEBRK, ROCKS - Raven Software
CLICK - gify
LavaFlow - BouncyTEM, XV Sound Effect Library
Survivalism Day 1, Boss, and Night - gify
The Mountain - gify
The Cave - gify
Survivalism Theme - gify
Bed and crate 3d model - Sitters Electronics (CC-BY) - http://www.md2.sitters-electronics.nl
Player drop - bagheadspidey
- Nascence for his awesome DoomZ fork!
- Dot for his help making inflammable trees work
- Scroton for the movable platform inspiration
- noob_one for his tweaks and chainsaw!
Release 5 helpers:
Sky/Night Textures & Script - Claudio
DOOMZ1 3D Floor Light Fix - Claudio
Lms Compatibility - Claudio
Loot Box Light - Claudio
More Player starts for Hunger Gam-..... LMS - Claudio
TitlePics - Claudio
SentryGun - SenteyHunter