In-game Admin Commands v10

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
MCFreak

RE: In game Admin Commands v9

Post by MCFreak » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:59 pm

This is really nice. But can you add to this mod that can when you give someone the admin, can that admin have sv_cheats on? (toggleble by the giver) Ya know, like to have cheat commands (ex. summonfriend, linetarget, etc..)
"it's cute that they sell family sized oreo boxes thinking that people are gonna share them with their family" -FinnFinn

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular
Clan: My DOOM site
Clan Tag: <MDS>

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:02 pm

MCFreak wrote: This is really nice. But can you add to this mod that can when you give someone the admin, can that admin have sv_cheats on? (toggleble by the giver) Ya know, like to have cheat commands (ex. summonfriend, linetarget, etc..)
Those commands are not accessable through ACS. Sorry.
To use sv_cheats you gotta turn it on through the server console, but that enables it for all players.
//Visual Vincent ( Vincent (PDP) )
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Spoiler: (Open)
Doom Writer
Escape From The Laboratory - Done
Escape From The Laboratory Part 2
Parkskolan Zombie Horde Map (ZM10) - Done
In game Admin Commands for Zandronum.
Achievement Mod for Zandronum
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Vincent(PDP) wrote:
MCFreak wrote: This is really nice. But can you add to this mod that can when you give someone the admin, can that admin have sv_cheats on? (toggleble by the giver) Ya know, like to have cheat commands (ex. summonfriend, linetarget, etc..)
To use sv_cheats you gotta turn it on through the server console, but that enables it for all players.
:( That's a shame.. Well no matter, you still did a very good job :D

Thanks for the reply!
Can i ask another question? You know that 'give weapon/powerup to a player' thing? Can you make it so that they can use say 'wolfchaingun' instead of already pre-set weapons? And why does every time the map changes, my admin status goes away? (it unloads the ACS script, can i make myself a perm. admin?)
Last edited by MCFreak on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it's cute that they sell family sized oreo boxes thinking that people are gonna share them with their family" -FinnFinn

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:40 pm

MCFreak wrote:
Vincent(PDP) wrote:
:( That's a shame.. Well no matter, you still did a very good job :D

Thanks for the reply!
Can i ask another question? You know that 'give weapon/powerup to a player' thing? Can you make it so that they can use say 'wolfchaingun' instead of already pre-set weapons? And why does every time the map changes, my admin status goes away? (it unloads the ACS script, can i make myself a perm. admin?)
Sorry for not responding, haven't been online for a while. Your admin status should not go away unless you write 'map <mapname>' or Changes the map through the server console. If you exit from one map or type 'changemap <mapname>' it should be fine. It works like that for me. And i will probably add a type feature to the mod, it's pretty hard though, but i found a "mod" that has that function.
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Gotcha, thanks for all your help! ^^

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:21 pm

MCFreak wrote: Gotcha, thanks for all your help! ^^
You're welcome. :)
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm

stuff like linetarget and summonfriend is easily doable in acs

linetarget would use SetActivatorToTarget to get who you're pointing at, and from there read APROP_Health, APROP_SpawnHealth, some other shit, etc
summonfriend would use Spawn (or SpawnSpot or similar) to make the monster with a unique TID, then you could SetActorProperty(monsterTID, APROP_Friendly, 1)

giving arbitrary weapons would require use of a certain library, but is doable

there's no known way to uniquely identify players without input from the player itself, so preserving admin status through map resets without having the wrong people get admin is infeasible right now
Last edited by Ijon Tichy on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 am

Ijon Tichy wrote: stuff like linetarget and summonfriend is easily doable in acs

linetarget would use SetActivatorToTarget to get who you're pointing at, and from there read APROP_Health, APROP_SpawnHealth, some other shit, etc
summonfriend would use Spawn (or SpawnSpot or similar) to make the monster with a unique TID, then you could SetActorProperty(monsterTID, APROP_Friendly, 1)

giving arbitrary weapons would require use of a certain library, but is doable

there's no known way to uniquely identify players without input from the player itself, so preserving admin status through map resets without having the wrong people get admin is infeasible right now
Thank you.

The "mod" that i mentioned was infact your stralloc. :razz:

For the admin thing to work i use 'Global Bool 1:IsAdmin[];' so that it remebers you on the map change. I also use:

Code: Select all

Script 874 (int x) DISCONNECT
{
JustLostAdmin[x] = True; //Removes the admin command list
IsAdmin[x] = False;
SuperAdmin[x] = False;
}
so that a new player that connects and gets the same playernumber as an admin, should not be admin automatically.
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 am

One bug: Say you host a heretic server with this mod loaded. And you grab the wings of wrath. Naturally, when you would activate the wings of wrath, you would be able to fly, right? NOPE, the mod just keeps pushing you down to the ground. Only being able to jump, fix please? :(

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 am

MCFreak wrote: One bug: Say you host a heretic server with this mod loaded. And you grab the wings of wrath. Naturally, when you would activate the wings of wrath, you would be able to fly, right? NOPE, the mod just keeps pushing you down to the ground. Only being able to jump, fix please? :(
I've noticed that, it's the same if you turn it on in DOOM too... I will upload a fix as soon as possible.
The bug is that it keeps turning flight off when it's not activated from the script. Easy thing for me to fix :P
MCFreak wrote: One bug: Say you host a heretic server with this mod loaded. And you grab the wings of wrath. Naturally, when you would activate the wings of wrath, you would be able to fly, right? NOPE, the mod just keeps pushing you down to the ground. Only being able to jump, fix please? :(
Bug fixed :)
Last edited by Vincent(PDP) on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

RE: In game Admin Commands v9_fix1

Post by MCFreak » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Thank you!! ^^

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 am

I'm currently working with v10, and i hope that i'll be able to release it soon. :)
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Unfortunately, the release of version 10 will be delayed. The custom item giving isn't working correctly in multiplayer. I've asked Ijon Tichy about the problem since i am using his stralloc wad to be able to write strings from in-game.
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:08 am

Sorry to hear that, hey can i ask something? How does the spawn a monster feature work? It only worked for me once when i accidentally spawned a Hell knight right in the middle of a ATGVH 2 match. XD

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 pm

MCFreak wrote: Sorry to hear that, hey can i ask something? How does the spawn a monster feature work? It only worked for me once when i accidentally spawned a Hell knight right in the middle of a ATGVH 2 match. XD
What do you mean? Are you asking how to spawn a monster?

If so: Type 'puke 865 + 4' in the console to get up a list of all spawnable monsters. Then type 'puke 878 + 1 + (Monster ID here) + (Distance from you here)' to spawn a monster. (All commands are typed without '+')
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah, one problem. It sometimes work for me and sometimes it doesn't. Dunno why. And yea, i know it's without the +.

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:15 am

MCFreak wrote: Yeah, one problem. It sometimes work for me and sometimes it doesn't. Dunno why. And yea, i know it's without the +.
What happens when it doesn't work?
Is it just that the monster doesn't spawn? Then try to write a longer distance.
It cannot spawn if there's no space for it.
Last edited by Vincent(PDP) on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Never mind, i found the problem. When i die i can spawn it but only cuz i wrote 4 as the distance which is right at me. (Can't telefrag me tho) So i wrote 400 and it worked fine. Heheh, i really gotta study these commands ^^'

Anyways thank you so much! This mod rulez!

Vincent(PDP)
Forum Regular

Post by Vincent(PDP) » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 pm

MCFreak wrote: Never mind, i found the problem. When i die i can spawn it but only cuz i wrote 4 as the distance which is right at me. (Can't telefrag me tho) So i wrote 400 and it worked fine. Heheh, i really gotta study these commands ^^'
Well the distance is in map units. (1 cm = 2,3125 map units)
So 4 map units would be 9,25 cm :3
MCFreak wrote: Anyways thank you so much! This mod rulez!
Thank you. :razz:

No need to do this, but do you have any command ideas for version 10? Because i cannot come up with any useful ones atm, and i really would like to add some more new commands other than just custom giving/spawning. - Which works in multiplayer now :biggrin:
- My DOOM site Team

My projects:
Doom Writer
Stats mod

MCFreak

Post by MCFreak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Well, scaning your enemies would be really useful. Like linetarget or something.
Then there's..... uhm...................

hmm....................
Well it looks like i can't come up with anything at the moment. XD

Anyways, for a great mod i give to you THIS: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
You pretty much covered everything needed for a admin mod (the best one out there if i say).
Thank you for making this mod! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

---EDIT #1---

This might be just the same as the custom stuff spawning but here it goes. How about summoning projectiles?

---EDIT #2---

I got one! How about the ability to spawn FRIENDLY monsters? Like (Puke 878 1 6 400 1)(Spawn a monster-1, cyberdemon, distance, friendlyornot)
The last digit is a toggle for the monster to either be on your side(1) or your enemy's side(0). Also you are missing some rune's in the power-up menu. Like say, drain rune. Oh, and i think some sphere's too.

---EDIT #3---
This one really isn't a suggestion, but there's a glitch with the monster spawning (name's are not right). Let's say that one guy (Let's name him Guy X) goes in a server with a player tag of 0. Then i come in. So, he has 0 and i have 1 as tags.
I get admin and try to spawn a monster. It will say "Guy X spawned a arachnotron." Instead of my name. Or sometimes it just says "Player 1 spawned a lil_lil_yumola or teleportfog or whatever i spawned"
Then there's another thing with the give everyone command, sometimes everyone gets that weapon but not me. Is it a player tag problem or?

Please respond A.S.A.P. and thanks in advance!
Last edited by MCFreak on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.