ZSWarrior Released!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: ZSWarrior

Post by -Jes- » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:56 pm

You also need to add the +BOSSDEATH flag to said monsters.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 pm

-Jes- wrote: You also need to add the +BOSSDEATH flag to said monsters.
Yes, they all have those and these bugs still happen.

Anyway, Shuriken speed increased for alt fire, medikits fixed, Sumo scaling fixed. Anything more? I plan to release RC2 today.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Nightvision seemed to have failed.
Picked up the goggles, showed 1 in Inventory, used it and then it just disappeared.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Don't cheat, some items are not given through those at all and I don't know why. Nightvision googles are only given 1 when you cheat, but when you do "summon infrared" you get 100 as you should.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Ah, that's probably how I got it then. I thought I picked it up somewhere while testing things.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:50 pm

where are fists? D:
I recall sword having something like stains in real game if you held it for long enough.
Plus I recall killing myself with explosive weapons more often than here. pls fix[/size]
Last edited by Tux on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Tux wrote: where are fists? D:
I recall sword having something like stains in real game if you held it for long enough...
Yes.. where are his Fists?? I meant to ask that in the Beta Pm but eh.. and uhh.. There is blood on the sword, can't remember if it starts Dripping.

And if you do stand around long enough, Lo Wang will start trying to Catch Fly with Chopsticks.. I'm sure you can make that happen :p

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 pm

There's about 2 seconds of static that needs to be sliced off of the sword's swing sound. It's very noticeable through headphones.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:59 pm

DevilHunter wrote:
Tux wrote: where are fists? D:
I recall sword having something like stains in real game if you held it for long enough...
Yes.. where are his Fists?? I meant to ask that in the Beta Pm but eh.. and uhh.. There is blood on the sword, can't remember if it starts Dripping.

And if you do stand around long enough, Lo Wang will start trying to Catch Fly with Chopsticks.. I'm sure you can make that happen :p
Maybe for the additional content version.
Ænima wrote: There's about 2 seconds of static that needs to be sliced off of the sword's swing sound. It's very noticeable through headphones.

I'll take a look. When exactly does this happen? I don't get this, tried just now.
Last edited by Ivan on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 am

Ivan wrote:
Ænima wrote: There's about 2 seconds of static that needs to be sliced off of the sword's swing sound. It's very noticeable through headphones.

I'll take a look. When exactly does this happen? I don't get this, tried just now.
Spoiler: okay so it's not 2 seconds but it's still noticeable (Open)
This was probably present in the original game and I just never noticed it ... and it's pretty insignificant, so fixing it is your call. I just pointed it out cuz it was bothering me, lol.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 am

Ænima wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Spoiler: okay so it's not 2 seconds but it's still noticeable (Open)
This was probably present in the original game and I just never noticed it ... and it's pretty insignificant, so fixing it is your call. I just pointed it out cuz it was bothering me, lol.
Now I see what you mean, but I think it's meant to be there. Do you know the sound that happens when you swing, say, a tennis racket? That's basically that, but for a steel katana :P I made a fadeout effect towards the end since it bothered you though, I hope it didn't bother others.

Also as to why fists aren't in this, fists weren't that different compared to the Katana so they are out. I think I'll bring them back in the additional content addon.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Fists with invisibility = totally not katana though.. Nice work on this btw :)
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: ZSWarrior RC2

Post by Ivan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Updated with link to RC2 which should hopefully fix most of the bugs.

BlackFish

Post by BlackFish » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Zandronum has problems with Bossdeath and Spawners. If you had a monster directly replace Fatso or w/e boss monster is affected (RedWizard replaces Fatso), then Bossdeath will work.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:09 pm

BlackFish wrote: Zandronum has problems with Bossdeath and Spawners. If you had a monster directly replace Fatso or w/e boss monster is affected (RedWizard replaces Fatso), then Bossdeath will work.
That's exactly what I do NOT want. The priority here should be fixing this bug, not working around it. And that's for the developers to do, not me.

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 am

There is a problem with selecting the Sticky Bombs still, hitting 7 doesn't work, but next weapon function does. However, Railgun cannot be used at all, you can pick it up, but you can't select it. Next weapon function didn't work for it either.

On a side note, the Brown Ripper Fireball needs to be toned down a bit more, it still does a ton of damage.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:55 am

Valherran wrote: There is a problem with selecting the Sticky Bombs still, hitting 7 doesn't work, but next weapon function does. However, Railgun cannot be used at all, you can pick it up, but you can't select it. Next weapon function didn't work for it either.
Works on my end, are you sure you are doing it right? It works perfectly fine on my end when I press 7 & 8 respectively for those weapons. Both next/previous weapon functions also worked for me.

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:27 am

Ivan wrote:
Valherran wrote: There is a problem with selecting the Sticky Bombs still, hitting 7 doesn't work, but next weapon function does. However, Railgun cannot be used at all, you can pick it up, but you can't select it. Next weapon function didn't work for it either.
Works on my end, are you sure you are doing it right? It works perfectly fine on my end when I press 7 & 8 respectively for those weapons. Both next/previous weapon functions also worked for me.
I did some more playing, something is randomly causing weapons not to switch properly, it's not just the sticky bomb and Railgun. Heat-Seeker Card for Missile Launcher is not transferring over to other levels as well, intentional? Also the Brown Ninjas are still randomly committing suicide for no reason when awakened.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Valherran wrote:
Ivan wrote:
I did some more playing, something is randomly causing weapons not to switch properly, it's not just the sticky bomb and Railgun. Heat-Seeker Card for Missile Launcher is not transferring over to other levels as well, intentional? Also the Brown Ninjas are still randomly committing suicide for no reason when awakened.
I don't know when that happens, you'll have to be more specific instead of saying randomly. Like what were you doing before that happened etc... I'll fix the heat seeker issue and ninjas are MEANT to do that so it is NOT a bug, it's actually rare for them to do it so just be happy they got out of your way.

Valherran
Forum Regular

Post by Valherran » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:38 pm

I am still trying to figure that out, it doesn't help that it is a rare occurrence. But I am saying something now so you know about it in case you stumble upon in in the code somewhere. I know that in Shadow Warrior, the ninjas only committed suicide if their health was low. And when they did it, it was to prevent the player from looting their corpse. But if you want to keep it the way it is, that's fine too. lol