[FINAL] Pinochestein 3D edición GL (Version 3 & definitive)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Kotometal041

[FINAL] RE: Pinochestein 3D edición GL (Now in english)

Post by Kotometal041 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Updated thread with english versions for GZDoom and Zandronum (1.3 supported).

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular

Post by Laggy Blazko » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:27 am

Nice! Can we upload it to BE? :D
Why is finding the user CP so hard?

Kotometal041

Post by Kotometal041 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:33 am

Laggy Blazko wrote: Nice! Can we upload it to BE? :D
Recently reuploaded to Dropbox, in zip.

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular

Post by Laggy Blazko » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:11 am

I meant uploading it Best-Ever, so we can make online servers.
I don't know if you're familiar with it. But uploading WADs there allows people to host them.
EDIT: I can upload it there if you allow me to.
EDIT2: I suggest you to never use the same name for different versions of a WAD, because this may make things confusing when people host servers. Use a suffix for different versions. (IE: ZandPinochesteinGL-1.0.wad, ZandPinochesteinGL-1.3.wad, etc.)
Last edited by Laggy Blazko on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kotometal041

Post by Kotometal041 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:38 am

Sure, go ahead.

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular

Post by Laggy Blazko » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:41 am

Thank you so much. :D

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular

Post by Laggy Blazko » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:41 am

Double post because i'd like to report a few issues I found while playing coop with other people. I'll type them in both english and spanish to make things clearer.

ENGLISH:
- Using outsidefogdensity in MAPINFO doesn't let Best-Ever run this WAD. This seeems to be an issue with BE but perhaps it would be better to take outsidefogdensity out for now.
-Something blocks the path to the backpacks (and some player starts) in MAP01 while playing coop. I'm not sure why, but it might be related to 3 "6 player start" next to each other. Forgot to turn them into player 7 and 8 starts?
- Players who don't use the elevators in MAP04 the first time (or die and then respawn) are forever stuck behind. Similarly, only one player can use a ladder in one of the final floors.
- This is not exactly a multiplayer bug, but I don't know how to open that door in MAP30. I only see a "Pinochet ghost", or whatever its name is, fly into a wall and never come back.

ESPAÑOL:
- Usar outsidefogdensity en MAPINFO no permite a Best-Ever ejecutar el WAD. Esto parece ser un problema con BE pero quizas sería mejor quitar outsidefogdensity por ahora.
- Algo bloquea el camino a las mochilas (y algunas entradas de jugadores) en MAP01 mientras se juega coop. No estoy seguro por qué, pero podría estar relacionado con 3 "6 player start" una al lado de la otra. ¿Se olvidó de convertirlas en entradas para los jugadores 7 y 8?
- Los jugadores que no usen los ascensores en MAP04 la primera vez (o mueren y luego reaparecen) se quedan atascados atrás para siempre. Similarmente, sólo un jugador puede usar una escalera en uno de los últimos pisos.
- Esto no es un bug de multijugador exactamente, pero no se como abrir esa puerta en MAP30. Sólo veo un "fantasma de Pinochet", o como sea su nombre, volar contra una pared y no volver nunca.

EDIT: Oh, and nobody will ever fix that one-sided texture in MAP10 (in a secret next to some crates), right? XD
Last edited by Laggy Blazko on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kotometal041

Post by Kotometal041 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:29 pm

First of all, I appreciate you put your report in both languages, it helps me a lot.
About these issues:

- Using outsidefogdensity in MAPINFO doesn't let Best-Ever run this WAD. This seeems to be an issue with BE but perhaps it would be better to take outsidefogdensity out for now.
I commented that line, thus when BE has support with outsidefogdensity, this simply uncomment.

-Something blocks the path to the backpacks (and some player starts) in MAP01 while playing coop. I'm not sure why, but it might be related to 3 "6 player start" next to each other. Forgot to turn them into player 7 and 8 starts?
Solved.

- Players who don't use the elevators in MAP04 the first time (or die and then respawn) are forever stuck behind. Similarly, only one player can use a ladder in one of the final floors.
In fact I can't think how to solve it, but could do return the elevator by ACS.
About the ladders, I solved by adding the repeatable action.

- This is not exactly a multiplayer bug, but I don't know how to open that door in MAP30. I only see a "Pinochet ghost", or whatever its name is, fly into a wall and never come back.
The door opens killing the ghost (as in MAP29), obviously it becomes difficult, I solved that by changing his angle (with his back to the player).

ESPAÑOL

- Usar outsidefogdensity en MAPINFO no permite a Best-Ever ejecutar el WAD. Esto parece ser un problema con BE pero quizas sería mejor quitar outsidefogdensity por ahora.
He comentado esa línea, así cuando BE tenga soporte con outsidefogdensity, esta simplemente se descomenta.

- Algo bloquea el camino a las mochilas (y algunas entradas de jugadores) en MAP01 mientras se juega coop. No estoy seguro por qué, pero podría estar relacionado con 3 "6 player start" una al lado de la otra. ¿Se olvidó de convertirlas en entradas para los jugadores 7 y 8?
Solucionado.

- Los jugadores que no usen los ascensores en MAP04 la primera vez (o mueren y luego reaparecen) se quedan atascados atrás para siempre. Similarmente, sólo un jugador puede usar una escalera en uno de los últimos pisos.
La verdad no se me ocurre como solucionarla, pero podría hacer retornar el ascensor por ACS.
Sobre las escaleras lo solucioné añadiendo la acción repetitiva.

- Esto no es un bug de multijugador exactamente, pero no se como abrir esa puerta en MAP30. Sólo veo un "fantasma de Pinochet", o como sea su nombre, volar contra una pared y no volver nunca.
La puerta se abre al matar al fantasma (como en MAP29), obviamente se hace dificil, solucioné eso cambiando el ángulo del enemigo (de espaldas al jugador).

EDIT: Oh, and nobody will ever fix that one-sided texture in MAP10 (in a secret next to some crates), right? XD
They notified me this issue in the ZDoom forum, next week I'll upload the version 2 with the most of the problems solved.

Kotometal041

[FINAL] RE: Pinochestein 3D edición GL (Version 2 is here, idgames soon)

Post by Kotometal041 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:25 pm

FINALLY, The version 2 arrives, see the first post for the download links and details.

One of the most big changes.

thumbnail

Kotometal041

[FINAL] Re: Pinochestein 3D edición GL (RC1 for v3 on p. 2)

Post by Kotometal041 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:39 pm

It's been a long time, and I'm currently working on a new update, but before I update this version available on ModDB, I have to solve some issues and I need your help.

This is the first "Release Candidate" for the Zandronum upcoming version 3.

Code: Select all

Current changes in RC1:
	- Secondary attack for Combat Knife (Throw), Shotgun (Melee), Double-barrel Shotgun (Single shot), the rocket launcher (shot finder), and the missile launcher (time bomb).
	- Flamethrower spends less ammunition but lasts a little less.
	- Cyber-machinegun accuracy improved and continuous rotation mode added.
	- Enemy see distance and FOV fixed to prevent attacks from farest enemies.
	- Fixed levels to improve fluidity in gameplay.
	- Player start position fixed in the mayority of levels to avoid instant action.
	- Various songs without percussion fixed (and in some cases, changed).
	- Enemies whose appears by teleportation has been eliminated and now they appear by script, avoiding unnecessary enviromental noise.
	- Player start on Level 1 has been changed according to how will work on an unreleased later version of Pinochestein Z.
	- Effects for teleportation.
	- Target checking. It means that now if some enemy attacks you, you can get away to cease enemy fire.
	- ENDOOM screen added.
	- New sounds for the menu and score screens.
	- Little corrections to some maps that presented visual problems.
	- Level 11 fixed in the river part to prevent attacks from above.
	- Song of level 25 replaced by not finding an improved version for the original song.
	- Positions of the Unicops modified according to the type of game (Singleplayer or cooperative campaign).

Thing to correct before launch:
	- Test Cooperative mode performance on Zandronum and make the appropriate changes if needed.
Get RC1 here (use Zandronum 3.0)...and leave your feedback on the comments, so that the final version can be seen as soon as possible.

You can also check the GZDoom RC2. Compatible with version 2.4.0 or better

Kotometal041

[FINAL] Re: Pinochestein 3D edición GL (Version 3 & definitive)

Post by Kotometal041 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:53 pm

Good day Cop Killers.

After making all the necessary arrangements since its initial launch in 2015, we are ready to launch the final version of the GL edition of Pinochestein 3D.

We reviewed many of the problems in the previous versions, and added new elements, or finished unfinished elements to give to our fans the best possible version of this classic mod of 2003.

This version is improved in both versions. Where the GZDoom version is the most optimal due to its better version of scripts. However, the version of Zandronum despite going behind its counterpart in that aspect, you can still play with all the new properties, both for weapons, as for enemies.

To play Pinochestein GL you must have the following files:

- Doom II: Hell on Earth, or Freedoom: Phase 2.
- GZDoom 2.4.0 or higher.
- Zandronum 3.0 or higher.

Here is the complete list of changes from the RCs released in the forums:
Spoiler: (Open)
Main changes
  • Secondary attack for the normal shotgun (Kick), the double-barreled shotgun (single shot), the rocket launcher (seeker shot), the knife (Throw), and the missile launcher (time bomb).
  • The flamethrower spends less ammunition but lasts a little less.
  • Accuracy of the Cyber-machinegun corrected and continuous rotation mode.
  • Distance and FOV of most of the corrected enemies to avoid attacks from afar.
  • Corrected levels to improve the fluidity in the gameplay.
  • Position of the player corrected in all the levels to avoid instantaneous attacks.
  • Several songs that did not have percussion have been fixed (and in some cases, changed).
  • Some visual effects added.
  • Enemies that appear by teleportation have been eliminated and now appear through script, avoiding unnecessary environmental noise.
  • The player's game has been changed in Level 1 according to how it was going to work in a later non-released version of Pinochestein Z.
  • Effects for teleportation.
  • Target checking. It means that now if they are attacking you, you can go away so that the fire ceases.
  • ENDOOM screen added.
  • New sounds for the menu and score screen.
  • Light corrections to some maps that presented visual problems.
  • Level 11 arranged in the part of the river to avoid confrontations from above.
  • Song of level 25 replaced by not finding an improved version for the original song.
  • Positions of the Unicops modified according to the type of game (individual or cooperative campaign).
Differences between versions of GZDoom and Zandronum
  • GZ: Use of portals to generate continuity between levels.
  • Zn: Use of simple teleports between lines.
  • GZ: Polished behavior of weapons and enemies for balance issues.
  • Zn: Behaviors of certain moving weapons were eliminated due to compatibility issues. The enemies also had slight changes due to limitations.
  • GZ: Complete translation of menus thanks to its support
  • Zn: Translation of partial menus due to limitations of the version.
Another great detail is that the Zandronum version will be available on the WadSeeker servers. Where the Doomseeker servers connect to create online matches. If you want to create a cooperative game of Pinochestein GL, you must use the file "ZandPinochesteinGLv3.pk3". The English translation is also available if you wish to include it ("PinochesteinGL-ENv2.wad").
Just include "http://www.theultimatedoom.com/" to your Doomseeker in the Wadseeker sites.

After this release, we will focus on the second part of this dance of blood, booze, and bullets. Therefore, this version will no longer receive corrections. Maybe minors if they are very urgent. But, as we mentioned before, part of our free time will focus on Pinochestein II.

Maybe GZDoom allows more modalities that this game may have, but we want to give that job to other people who think they can do it. We will only suggest that you wait for the release of Pinochestein II, to have a better reference.

2018 will be the year of Pinochestein in real life, and we do not refer to the re-elected president, but to a certain candidate with ideas worthy of the Pinochestein S.A. Foundation, where they probably see a reference to the future.

For as long as you download this version and stop this futuristic coup d'etat as many have already done. It's never enough.

Below are the last video that show the changes made to the initial versions of the mod (May contain spoilers if you never played the original releases).
phpBB [media]

Until next year Cop Killers.

Link updated in the first post.

manuelspark

Post by manuelspark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:14 am

La wea de pana :D

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 am

Post in English please.

Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:15 am

increible ver que hay post en español