Rather Ghastly Stuff

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ghastly
New User

Rather Ghastly Stuff

Post by Ghastly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am

A development thread for random content I have been working on, so I can get feedback and keep track of things so I don't forget. These, mostly, will likely be appearing in Realm667's resources. My (specific) projects are the Hexen 2 Monsters, the Reincarnation of Evil - Doom 3 Monster Pack and the Marine Skin Pack.

[spoiler]Monsters:

Chaingun and Flamethrower ZSpecOps
Description: My ZSpecOps monsters (currently only shotgun, machinegun and railgun) are basically smart zombies. They'll check their health, distance from target and some other things and change how they behave based on those. The way they're sprited lets me make a ZSpecOps from a marine skin fairly easily-ish, and I've been meaning to make Chaingun and Flamethrower variants.

Weapons:

Lich Staff
Attack: Single, gravity-affected, explosive projectile, with a moderate rate of fire. Powered mode is an exploding hitscan attack (Frost nova) that has to be charged, but can be held before firing.
Description: Eriance's Lich Staff, scrapped from being the cold-based weapon found in Demon Eclipse Episode 3's "Necropolis" map. I like the design :razz: . I put up a description here. I'd love to get some feedback on these descriptions. All I really need to finish this is a decent explosion animation for the frost nova powered mode.

Powerups:

-Skeletal Figurine: Summons a friendly Undead Knight. Might not do this, or I might come up with something better. Haven't decided on a duration, and I might change the name/concept of it.

-Scroll of Freezing: Needs a new name, but creates a wall of ice that blocks everything, but has a limited amount of health (and is vulnerable to fire). Will be segmented like the Scroll of Hellfire, but if you destroy one section, you destroy the whole thing. Lasts one minute.

-EMP Grenade: For Strife, an inventory grenade that does some damage to robotic monsters and stuns them temporarily. I got Mor'ladim to sprite a good grenade for me, and it's just about coded.

-Silencer: Implemented for Strife, and like Quake 2's, only actually useful. The Silencer is an inventory item that lets you have a certain amount of silent shots with your weapons. Different weapons would have more or less silenced shots (Assault Gun would have more shots than the Mini-Missile Launcher, for example), and some weapons (the Mauler) wouldn't be silenced at all.

-Portable Shield: I got Mor'ladim to sprite the powerup, and I adapted some code from Toenail's Shield Gun (he got some code from me for it, so it's fair :razz: ). Once you set the portable shield powerup, it creates a wall that monsters and players can pass through, but hitscans and projectiles can't (by definition, rippers, rails and explosions do pass through). It's good if you need a quick wall put down. It fits beautifully in Strife.

-Targeter (remade): All the Targeter powerup in Strife did was create a crosshair on your screen for a few minutes. It was marginally useful in the original game, and downright useless these days since we already have crosshairs. Unfortunately, I can't think of a new ability for it, but I STILL want to remake it.

Betas
-Trident - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/67411518/WIP/Betas/Trident.wad[/spoiler]

Currently working on: Various powerups for Strife.
Last edited by Ghastly on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enough teach you'd.