Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Project Ideas

Post by Empyre » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 am

I misunderstood and thought that your idea was to have religions fighting each other, like some sort of CTF, but still, religion is a touchy subject for a LOT of people world-wide. If somebody gets the idea into their head that their religion is being mocked, even if that is not your intent, there is no telling what they will do. It could be that nothing happens, or it could be that the reaction is way out of proportion, or anywhere in between.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 am

How about using Indians as Enemies in a Gunslinger Mod.
Or Wolfenstein MIDIs Remixed in style of Death Metal inspired by SilentZorah's Project Doom MIDIs.

Or a Rickroll Weapon Addon for Project Brutality?
Perhaps something like this:
Download or Die!

I'd say that Brutal Doom belongs in the Terrywad/X-Rated directory not only because of using a middle finger as a weapon, but also explicit use of Profanity within voice acting by a Non-Terrywad Actor SgtMarkIV.
What could be worse than Terry anyways?

RebirthOfK305
New User

Post by RebirthOfK305 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 am

Someone make a castlevania styled WAD. With Whip and subweapons etc

Jimp Argon

Post by Jimp Argon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:35 am

I mentioned this in a similar thread over at Zdoom forums. So I might as well mention it here.

A Titan Fall style gameplay mod. Where you can call a Titan down after a few kills. Maybe use one of the mechs suits from AOW2 or even a model from scratch. I think it would be a huge success of a doom mod.

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:44 pm

How about a new AOW that would make one team demons, or AOW that would be set in medieval time - siege engines instead of mechs, bows and swords instead of guns and rocket launchers?

Doomguy94
New User

Post by Doomguy94 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:27 am

I have NO idea where to put this, so if this is in the wrong spot I am sorry and feel free to move it to the correct spot. Any way, I am wondering if anyone interested in Heretic (if there are any) would like to help me with my Heretic map pack. I need someone that is good with Slade3 (MAPINFO AND LANGUAGE) and someone who can create maps in Doom Builder. I realize that if I do this alone, it will take a while for me to finish it up for releasing.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:56 am

im p sure ur gonna have to show ur heretic portfolio before that happens. People don't just commit to random stuff without info (and even then finishing is another hurdle...)

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 pm

16:11 <Combinebobnt> someone make a joke wad
16:11 <Combinebobnt> pstain.wad

CaptainGreninja

Re: RE: Project Ideas

Post by CaptainGreninja » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 pm

mattbratt11 wrote: "Glaice's Maps of Chaos Community Expansion Pack: Beyond Overkill"
The goal is to use any stock map from various Doom-Engine IWADs such as Classic Doom (Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Xbox Levels, Master Levels, No Rest for the Living, PSX Doom, Final Doom (TNT Evilution and Plutonia), Doom (2) RPG Mobile, GBA Doom, SNES Doom, Doom 64, etc.), Heretic, Hexen, Deathkings, Strife (Veteran Edition), Chex Quest 3, and Classic Wolfenstein (Original Missions, Nocturnal Missions, Spear of Destiny, Return to Danger, The Ultimate Challenge, Spear Resurrection, End of Destiny, and Macenstein's First, Second, and Third Encounters), and add new areas, more and tougher monsters (including Community-made Non-Joke, Non-Terrytrap or Non-NSFW Monsters), a lot more puzzles to progress through, and lots of Scripting and Conversations. Maps should be converted to UDMF before participating. At least 1 of each different Monster Variant should be placed for each and every map. There's no deadline, so feel free to contribute (if you have time to participate).

For those ideas, I am waiting for approval from modders before we start a thread about it.
This is actually an amazing idea. I love the concept of Maps of Chaos but I'm annoyed that's only for Doom I and II so far, afaik. To have a comprehensive community modding project for other Doom-engine games would be kickass~

Snakezz

Post by Snakezz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 pm

I would like to find a way to get my hands on Redneck Rampage resources. It's not exactly the most popular game out there, but one thing I noticed watching some recent playthroughs, is that most of the games textures are high res even by todays modding standard, as well as some beautifully done sprite work for npcs and weapons. The game is unbalanced as all hell and hasn't aged very gracefully in that regard. Talk about going up against 5 enemies with a pistol that has a legit chance to miss the target on purpose, some baffling choices like this hold the game back. But the charm is still there, and if utilized properly, could make for a very and memorable campaign if done right.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:13 pm

someone make a plane flying combat mod. ill play at least

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:someone make a plane flying combat mod. ill play at least
Something like a Radix TC was attempted over at Zdoom. I'd play it too to be honest.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:05 am

How about a Brutal Doom-style middle finger taunting hud sprites for Corvus, Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Strifeguy, Chex, Wolf, Square, Duke, Caleb, and Tourettes Guy Classes.
I borrowed Doomguy's hud sprites from ZDoom Forums and had fun with the Textures Lump, and this is the result:
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... ntguns.pk3
WARNING: This download link contains the Textures lump full of Doomguy's Warzone-esque Brutal Doom-style Sprite Addons, mostly using Middle Fingers as actual Weapons of Mass Irritation full of Crude Humor. You'll be warned!

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:43 pm

someone combine levelmaster and master of puppets v0.5

edddu
New User

Post by edddu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 pm

I'd like to see a mod based around Demons vs Marines but in an All Out War style game. Such as:
-Demon base
-Marine base
-Some mining system
-Base destruction
-Player classes
-Upgrades (ex: Faster demon, shorter reload time, gun damage upgrade, etc etc)

I had this idea when playing Blood's "Beast Incarnation" being able to play as different tiers of demons, as well as the marine characters having different ranks such as dual pistol marine, SSG marine, quad shotgun marine, bfg marine, tanker marine, mechs, etc etc.

I'm not saying it should hold the same layout as All Out War, but a team based, large open map, and objective based game with Demons V.S. Marines would be pretty cool.

Also another idea: Boxing

A short and simple duel type mod centered around melee and blocking would be cool.
Dont :igor: Say :igor: You :igor: Know :igor: Anything :igor: About :igor: DooM :igor: Unless :igor: You :igor: Use :igor: Zandronum :igor:

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:55 pm

There already is a boxing/melee mod out there. It is called doom fighters.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 pm

edddu wrote:some aow rehash
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/6 ... -universe/ already done along with boxing

good pipe dream wad of my own: zdoomwars where you can control the monsters

edit: oh yea someone make all this crap le epic repost xdxd https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/9 ... nt-1729125
Last edited by Combinebobnt on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

edddu
New User

Post by edddu » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:There already is a boxing/melee mod out there. It is called doom fighters.
Oh yeah, do you have a link to the files? I found the forum post but all the wad downloads lead to nowhere.
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3666
Dont :igor: Say :igor: You :igor: Know :igor: Anything :igor: About :igor: DooM :igor: Unless :igor: You :igor: Use :igor: Zandronum :igor:

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 am

stradex
Forum Regular
Clan: IoP

Post by stradex » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:51 am

What about doom?