Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Untitled
Forum Regular

RE: Project Ideas

Post by Untitled » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 am

Cruduxy wrote: New strange ideas are how whodunit exists today. While I don't agree with a lot of the stuff unofficially added the original got its goals done.

If you are making a project, Which is free and chance is you'll be the one who played it the most. Why not make something YOU enjoy instead of trying to port gamemodes to doom? Who cares if the wad never got past 10 players if you can play it 24\7 and its addictive to you.
What if your grand project is a multiplayer one?

You kind of need players for that

See: Samsarahold, which while /playable/ single player, is definitely multiplayer-designed.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:44 am

Cruduxy wrote: If you are making a project, Which is free and chance is you'll be the one who played it the most. Why not make something YOU enjoy instead of trying to port gamemodes to doom? Who cares if the wad never got past 10 players if you can play it 24\7 and its addictive to you.
Eh? A decently done wad should be enjoyable by everyone not just you... things like psychophobia are objectively good and enjoyable. That would go in the highly modified wads category. Stronghold doom is damn good even in single player, that'd go among the highly modified invasion wads. Same with samsarahold which goes even further as to add classes and unique weaps.

Ultimate torment and torture is another excellent piece with some new monsters and weapons, wads should be like that... vanilla monsters are boring.

SpaceMarine
Forum Regular

Post by SpaceMarine » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:30 am

What about a mod where players get to be an imp taking part in the invasion of Phobos and Deimos? Then the player gets killed by the Doomguy in the end.
Spoiler: ibm5155 wrote (Open)
O NO, pony invasion at zombie horde forum D:

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

SpaceMarine wrote: What about a mod where players get to be an imp taking part in the invasion of Phobos and Deimos? Then the player gets killed by the Doomguy in the end.
What's funny about being a solitary imp?? I don't get these absurd ideas of some modders... if you want it worth playing then make a possessed marine with enhanced attributes who has to fight good space marines armed to the teeth... some of your ideas really seem to come out of sheer cluelessness.

Mapoleon
New User

Post by Mapoleon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:52 pm

SpaceMarine wrote: What about a mod where players get to be an imp taking part in the invasion of Phobos and Deimos? Then the player gets killed by the Doomguy in the end.
Hmmm, I really like the idea of being one of the many soldiers that go and fight a mighty beast that overpowers them in every way possible... Adds some drama to the story, you know

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:53 pm

A interactive 3RD Person Camera, it would be useful for future mods, it could even be used to conver Doom onto a Hack'n Slash

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Lord_of_D: wrote: A interactive 3RD Person Camera, it would be useful for future mods, it could even be used to conver Doom onto a Hack'n Slash
Ahem wonderful...

SpaceMarine
Forum Regular

Post by SpaceMarine » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:51 am

bruiserdaemon wrote: What's funny about being a solitary imp?? I don't get these absurd ideas of some modders... if you want it worth playing then make a possessed marine with enhanced attributes who has to fight good space marines armed to the teeth... some of your ideas really seem to come out of sheer cluelessness.
Then how about the player starts out as an imp and slowly rises through the ranks by transforming into more stronger demons?

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:04 am

bruiserdaemon wrote:
What's funny about being a solitary imp?? I don't get these absurd ideas of some modders... if you want it worth playing then make a possessed marine with enhanced attributes who has to fight good space marines armed to the teeth... some of your ideas really seem to come out of sheer cluelessness.
You watch too many micheal bay movies; I personally think an actual well done wad about being one of hellspawn's soldiers would be pretty sweet. Kind of like gears of war dlc when you're raam

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:01 pm

SpaceMarine wrote: Then how about the player starts out as an imp and slowly rises through the ranks by transforming into more stronger demons?
Yes... a zombie man with 25 health, pistol attack and slowed movement. Great. And this way you have only one type of attack per creature, so it would be most boring.

In samsarahold for example you can turn yourself into a terminator which has multiple attacks, this is the only monster which makes sense to turn in... but anyway you move slow and can't pass through narrow passages, so it is limited to open areas only.

Arctangent

Post by Arctangent » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:51 pm

You really must be lacking creativity if you can't think of any ways at all to make playing as a demon exciting.

That said I made a test wad where players played as near perfect recreations of imps and that was dull as heck. Though that basically boils down to 20% movement speed with no movement when attacking and said attack taking about twelve hits to down another player does not make for interesting gameplay.

The point? Don't try to faithfully recreate monster mechanics and attributes when making them playable. At the very least, boost their speed and damage, as I imagine the immobile-while-attacking and flinching mechanics could be used in interesting ways.

SpaceMarine
Forum Regular

Post by SpaceMarine » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 am

Arctangent wrote:
At the very least, boost their speed and damage, as I imagine the immobile-while-attacking and flinching mechanics could be used in interesting ways.
How about the ability to crawl on walls would do for an imp? or increased speed and health for the demon making rushing attacks possible?

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:53 am

bruiserdaemon wrote:
SpaceMarine wrote: Then how about the player starts out as an imp and slowly rises through the ranks by transforming into more stronger demons?
Yes... a zombie man with 25 health, pistol attack and slowed movement. Great. And this way you have only one type of attack per creature, so it would be most boring.

In samsarahold for example you can turn yourself into a terminator which has multiple attacks, this is the only monster which makes sense to turn in... but anyway you move slow and can't pass through narrow passages, so it is limited to open areas only.
Originally it was the bruiser demon, but I swapped it out for the Terminator due to lack of interest - bruiser demons were fun with the novelty, and were also fun for glitch abuse, but otherwise weren't particularly interesting. The other candidate was the pyro demon, but I felt that would've been too overpowered.
"I'm in despair! The fact someone would give me the title 'Forum Regular' has left me in despair!"
Spoiler: Me in a nutshell (Open)
<Untitled> this is a terrible idea
<Untitled> lets do it anyway

<Untitled> Depends
<Untitled> What kind of wad error is "Address not Mapped to Object (Signal 11)"?

<Untitled> So today I found out that stupidity is nested fractally
<Untitled> There is no lower bound
Projects:
SamsaraHold http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3053

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Untitled wrote: Originally it was the bruiser demon, but I swapped it out for the Terminator due to lack of interest - bruiser demons were fun with the novelty, and were also fun for glitch abuse, but otherwise weren't particularly interesting. The other candidate was the pyro demon, but I felt that would've been too overpowered.
You had a grat idea, the terminator is hugely tough, has a powerful attack bu it is slow and you can't dodge enemy attacks nor you can hide into tiny spots.

The idea of a super imp with enhanced speed, attack and health makes much more sense than playing as a normal imp on that i agree...

D3ATHL3SSKN1GHT
New User

Looking for help for an ALIENS project

Post by D3ATHL3SSKN1GHT » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:36 am

So i was playing a rather awesome (but rather old) Aliens TC wad a few months ago...and since then i have been planning a project to bring ALIENS to zandronum multiplayer,

I have already gathered a whole bunch of resources and making textures to get things going, but this project is beyond just myself.

im looking for anyone whom has experience with mapping/ sprite editing/scripting ect, to help take the load off me and bring new ideas to the table.

if your interested. give me a shout :smile:

D3athl3ss

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Looking for help for an ALIENS project

Post by Ænima » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 pm

This should be posted here instead if you haven't made substantial progress on the mod yet other than gathering resources: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=355

Welcome to the Zandro forums by the way. :)
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

D3ATHL3SSKN1GHT
New User

Post by D3ATHL3SSKN1GHT » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Hey guys, im new to this forum so bare with me lol

so for a few months now i have been playing told ALIEN TC wads and have become obsessed with the idea of bringing it to zandronum

Only this time making the replay value high...i was thinking of making a holdout type game where marines must set up defences and survive ever increasing waves of stronger xenos until all waves are complete of all marines are dead.

i have spent some time gathering resources and making textures for it..(INCLUDING AN EPIC PLACABLE SENTRY TURRET IM WORKING ON)

im wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me with this little project?

HIT ME UP

d3athl3sskn1ght

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Meged into the correct thread

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Sounds like Blood's beast incarnation mod, you should check it out.

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:20 pm

THE MAZE RUNNER.
based off the movie
ur thomas
find your way through the maze
dont get chewed up by grievers
<Sean> .broadcast FateLord has a massive, hard wallhack
<Exciter> Global broadcast sent.