Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Shoggy

RE: Project Ideas

Post by Shoggy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Can we bring back the demon skins (chaingunner, zombieman, infected marine) but have a way to seperate it from a regular enemy demon from a player demon. so that not only ppl can use them again, but wont confuse it. I still dont know why it was removed in the first place, beside probally the rabbit skin. Other than that, some cool physics for ingame, a unique logo to show in main screen and a GL upgrade would own.

DefconRazor32
New User

Post by DefconRazor32 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 pm

I had a idea that would be cool, but the difference in this idea i call Key generation. You have maps based on the number of people playing and assign a random key to each play start and have a script where each player keeps the key they have and to make it more interest if people play survival if one person dies during the whole level if you don't have the key needed to pass the level well your probably gonna be screwed. I think it would make a nice game mode or map style where coop can be interesting.

I also had another, but it's based on line defs and using items but i dunno if it would work. I call it lock and Chase basically everyone gets a fixed speed rate and the goal is the robber needs to collect the most gold items while avoiding the 4 enemy team players who try to capture the robber. The items would be limited by a certain time limit by creating firewalls that prevent players from catching the robber and the 4 enemy players creating traps that will either slow down the robber or freeze him for a limited amount of time. The line defs would be optional as all you would need is a base script to create a firewall or a wall that blocks the passage of the opposing team members. The team that gets the most points between two rounds wins.

I have more ideas but I'm saving them for some other time

President People
Forum Regular

Post by President People » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 am

Zandronum player skin. Include it in future versions. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: Okay, not 'nuff said. If a base was needed, i would probably use Strifeguy. There.
Last edited by President People on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am

Zeberpal wrote: Can someone make the Racing mod already? lol Ijon where are you
Ijon has been kidnapped. You will never see a racing mod.
In all seriousness, I did work on a racing mod, but I ditched it because I lost the most of it while formatting my hard disk, and I could see that whoever tested it wasn't very pleased, so I lost interest and motivation. I might start working on it again and change the concept, but that's not for sure. You better rescue Ijon.
Devon wrote: Sounds like a horrible mash-up between Synert's Splinter Doom and Hellrear's HvR to me.
Both mods have great potential. Same goes for their combination. Too bad that potential wasn't used properly *hides from Synert*

Code: Select all

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Disguise » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 pm

Just as a reminder, unrelated posts will get split from this thread. Also updated the first post.

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 pm

I dont think one of my idea's, somewhere in late 2009, isnt really the racing mod that you like to see, but it IS suppose to be a racing mod.
http://www.3dshots.nl/wads/Doom_Race_3D_Floor.htm

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm

UnTrustable wrote:
I dont think one of my idea's, somewhere in late 2009, isnt really the racing mod that you like to see, but it IS suppose to be a racing mod.
http://www.3dshots.nl/wads/Doom_Race_3D_Floor.htm
I remember it, I think you were working with Folley on it back then but it was abandonned on some stage. You're right i'm looking for some real Racing mod. I always wanted to map some pure race maps and I always stick with doom mapping. Twinkieguy started it 4 years ago and it was supposed to be F-ZERO analog, but yet again it was abandonned. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Zeberpal on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Zeberpal wrote: I remember it, I think you were working with Folley on it back then but it was abandonned on some stage. You're right i'm looking for some real Racing mod. I always wanted to map some pure race maps and I always stick with doom mapping. Twinkieguy started it 4 years ago and it was supposed to be F-ZERO analog, but yet again it was abandonned. :rolleyes:
Ah yeah, but no, this 3D floor race map is AFTER the race mod of Folley's.
i still got that map though...with that firehouse and the moving cars on the roads.
I never throw any works of mine away, unless some harddrive crashes..... :rolleyes:
Anyways, this 3D floor race might be a nice alternative if all those other racing mods, seems to get abbandonned.
That page you see, with the few screenshots, that map is only an example map for if people might have joined the project if i was going to announce one.
That map contains a couple simple looking puzzle-type of race. Basicly its now an only jumping or avoiding obstacles puzzle map.
But i had alot more jump on or fall down idea's.... This is just a small compilation of a couple puzzles attached to another.
Still waiting for either Skulltag 98E or Zandronum v1.0
Only then i might continue making this project.
My 3D floor Race mod also includes 3 DM 3D floor maps... its all about 3D floors and nothing but that. :twisted:
Last edited by UnTrustable on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BloodyAcid
Forum Regular

Post by BloodyAcid » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Dibs on the name Zanbronum for a mappack I'm working on. Juuust saying. (Green industrial/tech pack for DM)

Reaku
Forum Regular

6 Textures coop wad.

Post by Reaku » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 pm

An interesting idea sparked from 1Monster, 10Sector, 2sector and so on. 6Texture would mean the mapper can only use 6 textures in their maps, this excluding the exit door, and they have to be as creative as possible with the textures they choose, being 3 floors and 3 walls. (The exit door can only be used on one door)

It'd be a great exercise to mappers to see how creative they can get with such a limitation on visuals.

What says everyone?
|Project releases|
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217 : Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch map pack :

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: 6 Textures coop wad.

Post by Disguise » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm

This is more of a project idea so I'm going to move it there!

EDIT: There was a 10Texture mapping event like 1 or 2 years ago. I think there was high interest in it... so who knows maybe people would be interested in this one too!
Last edited by Disguise on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Some people should probably remember this gamemode from a different game:
"In this mode, one player must hold on to a flag for as long as possible, while his teammates defend him. Similar to TDM, teams are awarded points for killing the enemy. However, the team holding the flag receives double points towards the match score. The team to reach the score limit first, or have the highest score when time runs out wins. The first appearance of the flag is not in the middle of the map, but appears where the first person dies in a match."
Last edited by Slyfox on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Hmm, is that "Carry the Flag"?

Yellowtail
Forum Regular

Post by Yellowtail » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Sounds like "Team Defender" from MW3, honestly.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm

what yellowtail said, yea.
Last edited by Slyfox on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Sounds pretty similar to Team Possession

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello people, this is a game I've started, it's called "Chocobo Farming". Basically my intention is for this to be a kind of first person- final fantasy - harvest moon type game with some RPG elements. The idea is that you breed the Chocobo's (From FF) to sell them, or use them for work. I usually give up with most of my ideas but I'll try and persevere. Here's some screenshots that don't really show much.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

If anyone has any ideas of things that would be good I would really appreciate it, or any tips.

Mr. Chris

Post by Mr. Chris » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Assault mode for Zandronum, similar to Unreal Tournament 2004's.

NizZY'

Post by NizZY' » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 am

Don't know where to post but can anyone hook it up with a Darth Vader sounds skin?

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Since im probably not going to make this, but i still constructing things in my head,
i once was thinking of making a superhero mod.
The general idea was to start with a hero waking up, not really knowing what is going on, but while looking around the few rooms, you can almost determine that you are a labrat.
The idea is to make a single play (at first) solving door-puzzles.
Those puzzles are like, getting keycards, by using teleporting powers, or wall phasing tricks.
Now why trying to get keycards to open doors, while you can wall-phasing (walk through walls)? Well, thats because some walls are shield protected.
Ofcourse there will be walls, protected by a shield, that can be taken offline, by destroying or switching off some powerunit.... anyways...
When you finished some maps, you found another labrat.
A labrat with some other types of superpowers, like flying and or electric powers or telekinesis.
Now you can switch between those two, and with the use of these two characters you have to solve more advanced puzzles.
and so on, and so on.
Its not only about solving puzzles, you also may encounter some enemies around :cool:
Anyways, that was my idea for years by now.
I once made a start, making the first character and one of its powers, but i now realise it will never get done.
The powers of the characters are HP depended, i mean, If the HP of the player is at full health, each projectile is at full damage.
If the player is low at health, each projectile is at low damage.
Other than that, these powers are ammo-wise unlimited.
The only thing you have to worry about is your health.... and the puzzles to be solved on your way out ofcourse. :razz:

All i can say is, that it could be a nice mod, but im so much occupied with soo many things.
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.