Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Fabysk
Forum Regular

RE: Project Ideas

Post by Fabysk » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 pm

XutaWoo wrote: Seems very much like a classic ZDoom mod what with how much of it ( basically everything ) is composed of level geometery.

Good job!
Thanks man!
Image Image Image

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Fabysk wrote: Here's a demonstration video
Still not done with the song. (The mod is playing for me in this video)
I'm sorry if you dislike this song from the start. Rock Band 3 had keyboard support for it. Although the chart isn't as accurate as the real chart, but it's close to it.
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
I made something very very similar about 4 or 5 years ago. :P
Spoiler: shitty video that i didn't make (Open)
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

I used hacky CustomInventory items to call ACS scripts (because GetPlayerInput wasn't supported in Skulltag). I only used like 5 or 6 keys though, i think. And didn't have any penalty for mashing the wrong keys. :x

I would give you the ACS source to look at but sadly since it was so long ago (and several computers ago), the uncompiled source is gone without a trace. :/ I think I sent it to TheShooter7 though. Ask him if he still has it. My goal was to make it so that the note-spawning function would be easy enough to use that anybody with minimal modding experience can add their own libraries and sound files and plug the notes in (which can be tedious unless you're an experienced FoF song-fretter).
Last edited by Ænima on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

William0918
New User

Post by William0918 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:18 pm

I have an idea for a Zandronum Hiding Tactics mod inspired by VanossGaming, Hidden Masters and Lui Calibre. Here's a link to one of Vanoss' Hiding Tactics videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJIchAbrGk

Rules:
There are 2 teams, one team are the hiders, and the other are the seekers. The hiders have C4s, claymores, and bouncing betties. They also have a riot shield that you can place down with a message saying "WE ARE HERE" with an arrow below the sentence. It's basically a thing you can use to fool the seekers with to lead them to an explosive. The goal of the hiders is to hide from the seekers, and the seekers goal is to find the hiders without getting killed by any of the explosives.

Hider Weapons:
1. C4 (x10)
2. Claymore (x4)
3. Bouncing Betty (x3)
4. Riot Shield (x1)

Seeker Weapons:
1. Pistol
2. Shotgun
3. Minigun

Kaminsky
Developer

Post by Kaminsky » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:55 pm

William0918 wrote: I have an idea for a Zandronum Hiding Tactics mod inspired by VanossGaming, Hidden Masters and Lui Calibre. Here's a link to one of Vanoss' Hiding Tactics videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJIchAbrGk

Rules:
There are 2 teams, one team are the hiders, and the other are the seekers. The hiders have C4s, claymores, and bouncing betties. They also have a riot shield that you can place down with a message saying "WE ARE HERE" with an arrow below the sentence. It's basically a thing you can use to fool the seekers with to lead them to an explosive. The goal of the hiders is to hide from the seekers, and the seekers goal is to find the hiders without getting killed by any of the explosives.

Hider Weapons:
1. C4 (x10)
2. Claymore (x4)
3. Bouncing Betty (x3)
4. Riot Shield (x1)

Seeker Weapons:
1. Pistol
2. Shotgun
3. Minigun
There's already a modification called "Hide and Seek" that implements similar gameplay, including an assortment of abilities that the "Hiders" or "Seekers" may use. The only difference is that Seekers are defenseless against the Hiders, in spite of the properties that each class possesses.

Hardbash

Post by Hardbash » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 pm

A fully shotgun based arsenal for Doomguy would be awesome... ideas belooow
First, the SSG and/or the Ultimate pump-action should be kept, they're the original badasses...

Suggestion 1: A chainsaw that can have an increased number of saws each time you pick one up, max num. is up to whoever

Suggestion 2, fist/pistol level: Every time you fire the gun, you have to manually load the shell back in. 3 pellets?

Suggestion 3, chaingun level: Full auto shotgun made for flinching enemies... pellet count can be accurate and very few in number

Suggestion 4, Rocketlauncher level: frag rounds, fairly large shell loaded manually? 10-20 pellets?

Suggestion 5, plasmarifle level: Now this is something I can't figure out what would be nice...
I'm thinking a 4 or 5 barrel shotgun? How about plasma or shard-like rounds? The shard-like rounds may pierce enemies.
Maybe pump action, but you don't bring the gun up to pump because it's got a grip of some sort, making it faster than usual pump actions go in these games. Your thoughts?

Suggestion 6, BFG level: Let's not kid around when we call this the big. fucking. gun. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated to, and your ideas I would like to see, especially if someone may put the time into making this shotgun based arsenal wad. (pk3? hell if i know, not knowledgeable 'nuff)...

I'm thinking a short story would go nicely with this monster. The Minigun MK650 is much like a chaingun, but it's pretty much 20 super shotguns taped to the actual gun. This baby shoots at super fast speeds with some mega big damage. (balancing is not a problem, ill leave that up to whomever)
Spoiler: Story start :D (Open)
The Minigun MK495, had a larger cylinder (than the skulltag counterpart, for example) to accommodate larger rounds. The MK495 failed many tests, mostly due to the special ammunition, made specifically for it, sucked big, and usually blew up whoever used it.

Doomguy learned how to modify guns. He learned how dangerous this weapon was, even behind safety glass specifically made to withstand the best ammunition made for destruction. He found it. He made it better. The MK650 is born, and this damn thing can make even the largest demons cringe. They knew the BFG9000 was bad. They thought it was the baddest. They were making more disgusting and vile creatures less vulnerable to this SOB. Doomguy knew. More blasts were needed for killing. Doomguy knew. He needed larger guns.

Doomguy learned how to modify guns. And by modify, I mean find a bunch of duct tape, duct tape the largest shotguns he could find to the bastard, and improvise so it could actually shoot usable ammunition. Also, by making the largest demons cringe, I mean from the pain they feel in their chest... because they laughed too hard at how silly it looked. Why would you use such a weapon when you've got energy weapons made to melt matter? Duct tape? Ha! That was their laugh.

Ha. Ha ha. Doomguy is laughing now. Oh yeah, he tested it. And oh yeah, the BFG looks like a cute little kitten compared to this.

I sure hope someone will jump onto this, or all of that would have been for nothing.
Shut up, nurse!

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 am

I had a idea that sounds interesting, well, imo it is.
But its Mini-Me-Doom.

The idea is simple. EVERYTHING IS WUMBO SIZED, like you are the size of a pistol clip basicly. The map is enlarged due to you being so tiny, and the monsters and sprites stay the same, but you are itty bitty.
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 am

SyKoTiC wrote: I had a idea that sounds interesting, well, imo it is.
But its Mini-Me-Doom.

The idea is simple. EVERYTHING IS WUMBO SIZED, like you are the size of a pistol clip basicly. The map is enlarged due to you being so tiny, and the monsters and sprites stay the same, but you are itty bitty.
Alice in ZandroLand.

(Actually Cyb kinda did it in a small section of The Void.)
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 am

SyKoTiC wrote: I had a idea that sounds interesting, well, imo it is.
But its Mini-Me-Doom.

Actor Minimeguy : DoomPlayer replaces Doomplayer
{scale 0.01
height 1
radius 1
player.viewheight 1
player.forwardmove 0.1
player.sidemove 0.1}

DONE
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 pm

That's over-doing it. I'd suggest something more like this:

Actor Minimeguy : DoomPlayer replaces Doomplayer
{scale 0.1
height 6
radius 3
player.viewheight 5
player.forwardmove 0.125
player.sidemove 0.125}

This would make the player about 1/10 normal height.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Kaminsky
Developer

Post by Kaminsky » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Even if you wanted to create a mini-version of the player, you would also have to design maps that provide various routes, obstacles, and entities so that would give the player the perspective of a rat. Otherwise, it would be terrible idea to only minimize your size and play on any regular map.
Last edited by Kaminsky on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rcj8993
Forum Regular

Post by Rcj8993 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:02 pm

fixed camera perspective, turn based and point and click, kinda like Fallout 1-2.

im not going to do this as im trying another idea with fixed camera perspective at this time.

if you take up this idea, let me know, id love to follow its progress
Capstone.Wad

My Computer Specs:
[spoiler]Intel i7 3770 3.4 Ghz processor,
16Gb (4 x 4gb) 1600 DDR3 ram,
Inno3d GTX980 ULTRA,
Samsung 840 Evo 128gb SSD,
Seagate Barracuda 1tb and 3 tb HDD's
Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard.
Corsair 750 watt PSU (Modular)[/spoiler]

Tsukiyomaru0

Post by Tsukiyomaru0 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:47 am

I've talked about this idea elsewhere, but not here: a shmup in Zandronum, similar to CAVE shooters like Dodonpachi and Ketsui. Would require the whole fixed camera perspective thing again.

Another one is a sort of free roam Five Nights at Freddy's map (Gmod community is ahead of us, so you know :twisted: ).

And related to my primary idea, a sort of VS Bullet Hell mode. Similar to this Gunslinger Arcade by Square-Enix

Awesome Possum

Five Nights at Freddy's Mod

Post by Awesome Possum » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello everyone, I had an idea to make a FNAF type mod for people to enjoy. I currently plan to get the mod done like the game as well as changing some things from it. As of right now there will be no screenshots or things of that nature. Here is what we plan to do:

- Get more members to help out. All we really need is a mapper and a spriter.
- Make a workable door, camera, and light system.
- Get the animatronics to work like they did in FNAF.
- Make it possible to explore the map once you have completed the main thing.
- Have the animatronics teleport to random locations like they did in FNAF.
- Have fun making it happen!

The map is in the works and the coding, we are planning with. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone wants to help out, please let me know! Thanks everyone in advance!

P.S. - I say the map is in the works, but I still need a mapper since the mapper helping me now is probably going to quit working on it due to him being way too busy with college.
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niiro Kitsune
Forum Regular

RE: Five Nights at Freddy's Mod

Post by Niiro Kitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 pm

Interested in this idea (says the furfag)

Should be quite an undertaking... >_>
[quote=Niiro Kitsune]HOLA NACHO![/quote]
current maps

~ ZE23 - Byelomorye Dam for Zombie Horde (v14 current, v15 wip)
screenshots
~ ZM19 - Chemical Facility for Zombie Horde (28%)
~ FX, a DOOM II 15-map wad

私はアメリカで生まれた

この世界のままにしておくと、それは思ったほど怖いではない

Fabysk
Forum Regular

RE: Five Nights at Freddy's Mod

Post by Fabysk » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:44 am

I have already started developing this last week. Now that I see this thread, why not help you out? I have made the map and the camera system (walking around the security office pressing the use key on each "computer"). Programming has not been started since I last worked on it.
Image Image Image

Tsukiyomaru0

Post by Tsukiyomaru0 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 am

So, I was thinking... Since ZDN1.3 will come with some sort of Database Access, we could take into this opportunity for an Endless game based on the so famous Gauntlet (The Warrior has shot the food!) where you gain experience from slain enemies (minimal experience, but permanent) and gold (lots of experience, but you can LOSE that experience by dropping part of your gold when you die)

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:19 am

I was thinking of Super Smash Bros. for Doom. Though, I think that would be pretty hard to create. Especially the camera view for all players. This is just an idea I had from last week.
Image Image Image

Klofkac
Forum Regular

Post by Klofkac » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:15 pm

I had an idea... Yeah, idea.
Can you believe it ???

Basically, a deathmatch or lms mode, where you can either join a team, or stay alone, where staying alone will give you some benefits over the teamed players.
Last edited by Klofkac on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
𝕂𝕝𝕠𝕗𝕜𝕒𝕔

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:41 am

You get the most fan when a mod is various and well balanced and tested... any new strange idea are kinda crappy to me... what do you need to completely distort doom's gameplay for? I got the most fan from those mods who just had 2-3 new monsters and slightly rebalanced and reskinned weapons, but well studied levels and triggers, inspired ambientations, a boss fight here and there ( i just remind now that awful dark cardinal chasing me, not sure what mod it was though... ). Also it'd be a good idea to make a list of all types of mods ( like invasion mods, vanilla mods, highly modified and slightly modifie mods.... or do you guys like to spend hours everytime by searching something new?? ).

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:02 pm

New strange ideas are how whodunit exists today. While I don't agree with a lot of the stuff unofficially added the original got its goals done.

If you are making a project, Which is free and chance is you'll be the one who played it the most. Why not make something YOU enjoy instead of trying to port gamemodes to doom? Who cares if the wad never got past 10 players if you can play it 24\7 and its addictive to you.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]